Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Well, it has started. Below are the rules:

MW Werewolf said:
1. This game will not be played in real time, more details below. Day is the period of time where players vote and send in special power lists. Execution occurs as soon as Day ends, and it is then that whatever player has the majority of the votes on them (if there is one) is executed. Night occurs immediately after execution. Night is the period of time in which evil teams attack players, and it is also when most special powers are activated. The next Day starts immediately after Night.

2. Day will end at 10 P.M. Eastern unless stated otherwise. Vote and send in messages to me before that time.

3. Every player is expected to vote on a player to execute at the end of that day. Post your votes on the game thread in the following format:

Vote: Player

If you want to undo your vote, post:

Unvote: Player

Once your vote is retracted, you may vote for another person, or you may revote the person you had originally. If you vote for someone else without first retracting your original vote, the second one will not count.

In order for a player to be executed, they must accumulate the most votes against them.

Once the time reaches 10 P.M. Eastern, votes are locked and may not be altered in any way.

4. Some players have special powers that are detailed on their role sheet. In order to use a special power, a PM must be sent to me DURING THE DAY PERIOD so that they can be activated. Be sure to specify which power you are using, if you have more than one. Also, it is likely that I will have someone use their power in the story. this will not count against you if your role has limits on how many times you can use your power (such as the gunman, or the necromancer).

5. A player must not share their roles with other users at all.

6. Once a player is dead, they may not reveal any information about the game that was not known publicly before their death. No exceptions. Dead players must also keep their posts in the Lounge thread. Likewise, living players are not allowed to post in the Lounge thread until the end of the game.

7. Players may not impersonate the host or other players in any way. (This is due to the possibility of unfair extortion of information.)

8. When sending in a list, have it in the following format:

1. Player A
2. Player B
3. Player C
4. Player D

9. This game is based on lies and deceit. Please don’t take it personally if someone lies to or tricks you in regards to the game. Remember that it’s all in good fun. In the same way, please be a good sport, and follow the rules.

10. Players are expected to participate in the game. If a player has not shown any activity for a couple of days, I may end up replacing or modkilling them. Inactive players can make the game less fun for everyone.

11. Failure to follow these rules may result in penalties or complete disqualification. Cheating will result in immediate removal from the game and a blacklisting for my future games.

12. Scripts are not meant to really reflect how a person acts normally on the forum, since it's just a story. (And a really lame one, really.) You should look out for clues in what people say; not so much in the style they are written. Furthermore, if someone finds something offensive in the story, bear in mind that it is just a story and does not reflect how people feel towards each other, or how I feel about members. Roles were chosen completely at random, so always keep this in mind. A friend you normally have on the forum may not be your friend in this game; in that same light, that person may just as likely be your friend. It depends on who received what role.

Terminology:

Host - The host of the Werewolf game. In this case, that would be me, Stooben. This person is the one who keeps track of all special powers, votes, and the like, and administers executions and kills among other things. Their word pertaining to the game is final.

Players - Anyone who is currently participating in the game. Dead players are players who have been killed by one way or another.

Innocents - The good team of the game. Their goal is to destroy all the evil forces.

Baddies - Any evil force, team, or player. Werewolves, in this case. The goal of baddies is to destroy the Innocents or outnumber them..

Alignment - The morality assigned to players. This determines their teammates, if any, their winning conditions, and their opponents.

Winning Conditions - The conditions that must be fulfilled in order for the player that’s been assigned them to win.

Special Ability - A special ability is a power that players can possess. Powers can differ greatly in effect, whether they’re defensive, offensive, or something else altogether.

Vote - Votes decide who is executed. Players vote for a player who they believe to be a baddie, and if a majority is reached on that player, they are killed.

Cycle - The passing of a day and night phase; about 48 hours (2 real-time days).

Day, Execution, and Night - These are the three different phases of the game. Day is the period where all players send in powers and post votes, and also when Werewolves send in their kill. At the end of Day, (in this case 10 P.M. Eastern) Execution occurs, where the player with the majority of votes on them is executed. After this, Night occurs, which is a period of time where no voting is allowed, although you can still post in the topic and share ideas amongst each other. The beginning of night is the time where most special powers take effect and also the time when attacks occur.

SMB walked out one morning and saw dead people. He was mad and got all of the likely suspects. These suspects are:

Original Roles (Day 1 - Night 6):
1.) Ugozima - Innocent
2.) Lario - Gunman
3.) Shyguy27 - Werewolf
4.) Nerdy Guy - Head Werewolf
5.) Becquerel - The Seer
6.) Stooben - Confused Werewolf
7.) Uniju - Political Idealist
8.) Tucayo - Necromancer
9.) Marioguy1 - Zombie
10.) Walkazo - Empowered Innocent
11.) Turboo - Political Idealist
12.) Jesus Freak - Werewolf

New Roles (Day 7 - Day 10):
1.) Ugozima - Zombie
2.) Lario - Gunman
3.) Shyguy27 - Werewolf
4.) Nerdy Guy - Confused Werewolf
5.) Becquerel - Confused Werewolf
6.) Stooben - Political Idealist
7.) Uniju - Political Idealist
8.) Tucayo - Necromancer
9.) Marioguy1 - Head Werewolf
10.) Walkazo - Werewolf
11.) Turboo - The Seer
12.) Jesus Freak - Empowered Innocent

Updates:
1.) Ugozima - Mauled by werewolves (Night 5); Revived by Host (Night 6); Modkilled (Night 8 )
2.) Lario - Lynched (Day 5); Revived by Host (Night 6); Lynched (Day 7)
3.) Shyguy27 - Modkilled by request (Day 2)
4.) Nerdy Guy - Lynched (Day 4); Revived by Host (Night 6); Lynched by Host (Day 9)
5.) Becquerel - Mauled by Head Werewolf (Day 4); Revived by Host (Night 6); Modkilled (Day 7)
6.) Stooben - Mauled (Night 9)
7.) Uniju - Mauled by werewolves (Night 3)
8.) Tucayo - Lynched, but revived by Host (Day 1); Lynched (Day 2)
9.) Marioguy1 - Lynched, but came back to life (Day 6)
10.) Walkazo - Mauled by Head Werewolf (Day 4); Revived by Host (Night 6); Lynched (Day 8 )
11.) Turboo - Mauled by werewolves, but revived by Host (Night 6); Mauled by Werewolves (Night 8 )
12.) Jesus Freak - Lynched (Day 10)

The Werewolves won on Day 10. Woohoo.

But of course there are always good guys and bad guys so here it is:

Innocents:
*Seer - Can check one person's role per night.
*Gunman - Can shoot one person.
*Zombie - Once killed, will come back to life. Does not know that they are the zombie.
*Innocent - Has no special role.

Werewolf:
*Head Werewolf - Can set out a second attack on the night of its death and can protect itself from the Seer. Also orders which werewolf attacks each night.
*Werewolf - Attacks the innocents.
*Confused Werewolf - Attacks the innocents, but has no idea that they are a werewolf.

Neutral:
*The Host - Can reassign roles, mod kill players, add new players, and can add twists to the plot.
*Necromancer - Raise 3 people from the dead; 1 per night (doesn't have to be consecutive nights).

Undefined:
*Empowered Innocent - Inherit anybody's powers once they die. Does not know that they are empowered.
*Political Idealist - Vote counts as two votes. The Political Idealist has no idea of their position.

Thou shalt not tell anybody your role. When a person dies, they might be put back into the game. And if you share your roles, this might be bad for you depending on whether someone who dies wants to get revenge. If they state your role, it will be assumed that they are guessing and you will be killed either way. I will be found shifting around roles between players just a bit, so don't be mad if you die and you are revived, but you don't have the same role.

The objective is:
*Innocents - Kill the werewolves.

*Werewolves - Destroy the innocents.

*Necromancer - You can choose which side to help, or help both sides, or none of them at all. If you are alive with the winning team in the end, you win with them.

A slight update from the sign-up thread: the day phases and night phases are 24 hours each. Each new phase starts at 10:00 PM EST, and an update will follow shortly after. If you have any questions, please PM me.

Okay let's start. It is daytime.

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Don't talk like that, Zakumi! Someone has just died!

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Uniju said:
Don't talk like that, Zakumi! Someone has just died!
OH MY POOCHY!!! SOMEONE DIED!!!!

Wait, I already knew that.....

Oh, then, it's /not/ a beautiful day

Becquerel

King Bowser
I'm not sure if we're allowed to edit our posts or not but in most mafia games I play it's banned so I'll assume we aren't until the mod clarifies.

Isn't 24 hours a bit short for a day? I'm used to playing with 48-72 hour days and 24-48 hour nights, which are more reasonable imo since town has more time to talk amongst ourselves and decide upon a lynch.

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Becquerel said:
##Vote: Tucayo for clearly being a bloodthirsty maniac.

This is good logic.
You can't just rush into that sort of thing! You know how teenagers are these days, he's just talking about those sorts of things...

Becquerel

King Bowser
It's early day 1 and we haven't even left the random voting stage yet. Don't see the problem. If nobody votes during RVS we'll probably never start anything and there will be no reason for scum to talk, causing them to possibly slip up.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Becquerel said:
edit our posts [...] it's banned
Precisely.

Isn't 24 hours a bit short for a day? I'm used to playing with 48-72 hour days and 24-48 hour nights, which are more reasonable imo since town has more time to talk amongst ourselves and decide upon a lynch.
We only have 10 people, and it'd be better for me to have a stricter daily schedule so I don't slip up in updates and whatnot.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Walkazo said:
I have a stupid question: if this is "MJIII Werewolf", why are we in MJII?
It's actually not that stupid of a question. :P

But I made it here because only Moderators can make topics in Mindless Junk III. Non-mods have to make the thread outside of MJIII and have it moved into the board by a Mod.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Vote:SMB...can we do that?

Wait...we can't? Unvote:SMB

P.S. I will only be online once per day - after the 10:00 deadline so...sucks for you if you want me to change my vote any time from 2:00 AM - 11:00 PM EST

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy said:
ITT: We kill Uniju. Who's with me?

Vote: Uniju
That is a terrible vote. Here's how you can vote better:

Vote: Tucayo

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Better you than me!

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Meh, since the one who started this was Becquerel....

Vote: Becquerel

Becquerel

King Bowser
So basically an omgus? <_< Okay.

Mod: Are you really sure we can't have 48-hour days? If today has been any indication we're never going to get very far past the "post one line of text and a vote" stage we're currently in due to not enough space between days and NKs, meaning town will just be lynching at random every day since they'll have less to go by on.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Becquerel said:
Mod: Are you really sure we can't have 48-hour days? If today has been any indication we're never going to get very far past the "post one line of text and a vote" stage we're currently in due to not enough space between days and NKs, meaning town will just be lynching at random every day since they'll have less to go by on.
I'll consider it. I'm going to make day and night equal, though; so if we have 48 hour days, we're going to have 48 hour nights, causing a cycle to be 4 days as opposed to just 2.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Naaaaah, I am not that of a revenge person

Unvote: Becquerel
Vote: Ugozima

Walkazo

Thou liest!
Wiki Bureaucrat
McDonalds Bros. said:
Becquerel said:
I'll consider it. I'm going to make day and night equal, though; so if we have 48 hour days, we're going to have 48 hour nights, causing a cycle to be 4 days as opposed to just 2.
That's excessive: 48 hour nights will only be interesting for the werewolves, and if they're at all organized, they won't even need it.

Things will pick up once we have stuff to debate about, but right now all we can do is bandwagon against random people and hope we'll be able to analyze stuff soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.