Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
So, this is one of the things that we've put off. But that's OK. We don't need to have an official decision for almost a month.

Last year, Wayo held an MKWii tournament. About 8 people participated, and he put the whole thing on YouTube. He put Xpike in charge of a Brawl tournament, but Xpike flaked. Do you wanna try putting together something this year?

Options:

-MKWii
-Brawl
-MKDS
-Strikers

I'm leaving this up to you guys. I think MKWii will be easiest to put together, and then MKDS won't be too tough either. The others are head-to-head, so they require everyone to be on-time, etc. or the whole thing falls apart.

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Yeah, I know that. And have you got a hold of Wayo? Is he going to film or not? I'll most likely direct Brawl.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I saw him on chat during E3, but he was busy. All I had time to talk to him about were polls, which were obviously a priority at the time.

Gamefreak75

Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Okay, try contacting him on YouTube, he's pretty active there. Also, if he cannot film it, ask one of the other AC staff or another user if they can. Trust me, it will be great. I will need to plan ahead though for Brawl. I'm 99% sure Stooben will be willing to host MKDS and you can host Strikers. We need someone to host MKWii though.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I don't think we'll be able to do Strikers. Too much work setting up the matches. Plus, our Wi-fi kinda sucks.

Gamefreak75

Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Yeah, I don't think many people were gonn do it either. The onyl people I know with it are you, me, and FF65. And I suck at it, so I would've easily lost. I'm sure Brawl will be a smash though. Hopefully people aren't forgetful...We'll need to announce when the tournament is going to start.

Gamefreak75

Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Do you have a problem with Reggie?! :P

Anyways, I should make sign-up sheet for people who want to and WILL show up for the Brawl tournament. Those who sign-up but don't show up will be instantly hanged. I suggest the tournaments start a week before awards though.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Depends on the type of tournaments. Because Brawl would be a heads-up bracket, that could go throughout the week and you guys could post the final on YouTube rather than telling the results. MKWii is a one-day thing and can be done the day after.

Gamefreak75

Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I need someone to film it though, because I don't have a YouTube and I am inexperienced in film making.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
It's OK. I probably won't be able to participate, but all opinions are welcome.

Gamefreak75

Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Hmm, Ralph, should I make a sign-up sheet on my talk page for people who want to participate in the Brawl Tournament?

ralphfan

Thank you based god
No. Sin-ups will be held on the Anniversary page, open to anyone. You can invite people, though.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Not sure yet. Hopefully by July 20. We won't open it until you set up times, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.