MJIII Werewolf: Round One (Sign-Up/Lounge/Post-game Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Stooben said:
"Werewolf" is a variation of the party game Mafia. I'll explain it below, but you can read that page if you want more info.

It's played in real time. In basic games, there are two teams, the Innocents (or villagers or what have you) and the Werewolves. The goal of the game for each team is to annihilate the other team. The thing is, though, that the innocents don't know who's a werewolf and who isn't, whereas the werewolves are completely aware of who's a werewolf.

The game is played in day/night phases. During the day, (starting at a set time and usually ending 24 hours later) players vote (in the game thread, where discussion and speculating also takes place) for a player to execute, in hopes that the player is actually a werewolf. Werewolves, however, are voting too, and will try and sway the vote away from their teammates and create mass hysteria among the innocents. It's during the day that the werewolf team sends me (the host) a message, telling me who they'd like to murder that night. At the end of the day, if there's a majority of votes on a certain player they will be executed. Night occurs immediately after day ends, and it is when the werewolves take out their target, and when most players' special powers activate, if they have them, with the next day immediately proceeding that. I also write a bit of a story as the game goes along, to spice things up a bit.

Once all Werewolves are dead, or the Werewolves equal or outnumber the Innocents, the game ends. Games last around a week or so.

If you have any questions about the game after reading that explanation and the Wikipedia article, feel free to ask them in this thread, or send me a message. A more detailed set of rules will be posted in the game thread, once it's made.

Anyway, if you sign up, be sure that you're going to at least have a bit of time each day to post in the thread and send me PMs. Without activity, the game will die, fast. Another thing: Don't cheat or break the game rules, it ruins the fun for everyone else, and if I find out you did it, I'll blacklist you from my games.

If you want to play, post in this thread saying so, and I'll add you to the player list. Once the list is filled up, you can still sign up as a replacement. (if a player is inactive for too long or can't play anymore, they get replaced by you) Oh, and if you're going to play, try to refrain from changing your username for the duration of the game. It makes things too confusing, if you do.
Pretty much the same concept as Stooben's original Werewolf game, except for the fact that signing up and playing the game is limited to those in Mindless Junk III, and we will probably have more rounds with varying situations and different scenarios.

Sign-Ups: (closed)
1.) Ugozima
2.) Lario
3.) Shyguy27
4.) Nerdy Guy
5.) Becquerel
6.) Stooben
7.) Uniju
8.) Tucayo
9.) Marioguy1
10.) Walkazo

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Re: MJII Werewolf: Round One (Sign-Up)

Okay I'll bite just do better than Ninji does.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: MJIII Werewolf: Round One (Sign-Up)

Wow I didn't see this get moved

But okay it'd be cool to have it in MJIII

Also I'm updating the sign-up sheet as we go along here. I hope to get about 15+ people to sign up soon. If we can't within about a week, then the game will just start.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

Yeah, count me in too.

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi

Ssssssure, I'll play.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

MG wants to marry :waluigi: !!!!!

You per'd me XD

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

what

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

9 people in just two days! Cool.

An update:

At this rate, I'm sure we'll have 15+ players. In the case that we don't at the end of the week, though; we'll need a minimum of 13 players to start.

Becquerel

King Bowser

This gonna start soon? A 9-player game doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

A nine-player game would be considerably short - you'd need only 3 wolves to make it fair and 3 is hardly enough for more than 5 nights.

OK, I made a simple graph - http://mibpaste.com/EBI4QV

As you can see if you are a computer, there are several possibilities of the game ending on certain days:

0% Chance of ending on day 1

0% Chance of ending on day 2

22.8% Chance of ending on day 3

68.4% Chance of ending on day 4

7.6% Chance of ending on day 5

0% Chance of ending on days 6+

So basically, not gonna work well with five

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Marioguy1 said:
A nine-player game would be considerably short - you'd need only 3 wolves to make it fair and 3 is hardly enough for more than 5 nights.
Exactly... That's why I have to consider if we can actually shorten the game or not. I'd have to cut back on some of the stuff I planned on having in the game, or I'll start pestering people by PM if they can participate. I'll try doing the latter first if it comes to that.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Cool :3 we will get role PMs tonight, right?

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Sign-ups are closed. Walkazo has been added to the game for a total of 10 people. I will send out role PMs tonight, and depending on whether they are out on time or not, the game should (hopefully) start at 10 PM (EST) tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.