August 13th

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Friday, August 13th is Awards day. Why talk about this now, when it's so far off in the future? Well, we will be holding a couple more meetings, in #ACstaff, to discuss festivities to take place on Awards day.

These could include, but are not limited to:

-Pre-show
-Guess the Results
-Tournaments (possibly day after, MKWii, Brawl, possibly Strikers)
-Timing (I think we need a strict schedule, with timing rehearsed for each script)
-One or two days (probably one)

IMO, timing is important. Last year, we would have a simple script given more time to read than Uniju's incredible scripts. We need to rehearse timing. And no breaks to watch the end of a Red Sox game (plus, the A's are better). Really, Wayo took 10 minutes last year to watch a Boston comeback against the Rangers.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
If it had been the Yankees I would have done the same

I think 2 days would work waaaaaaaaay better. Come on, its not easy to have a 7-hour show.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Tucayo said:
If it had been the Yankees I would have done the same

I think 2 days would work waaaaaaaaay better. Come on, its not easy to have a 7-hour show.
Yankees are awesome.

And I think 2 days might do the awards themselves some justice, but I'm not sure if it would positively affect the events surrounding it (such as the chat party, the tournaments, and other events).

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Because of SMB's reasons, I think it should be one day. If we start a bit earlier, we wouldn't run so late. Plus, we could rehearse timings and stuff so we don't have huge delays, and not rely on one person to post the scripts. If we had 5 AC members with each script, there would be absolutely no timing problems.

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I suggest we have some more meetings over the summer (winter for others) the see if we can come to a stable conclusion.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Meetings should, in theory, be done by the time the polls are up (mid-June). After that, we can decide Awards Day festivities right here. Most of the work should be done by then.

BTW, I'm 99% sure none of our members are in the southern hemisphere.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Sharks Territory said:
Meetings should, in theory, be done by the time the polls are up (mid-June). After that, we can decide Awards Day festivities right here. Most of the work should be done by then.

BTW, I'm 99% sure none of our members are in the southern hemisphere.
Are you talking about AC staff, or MarioWiki memberbase?

ralphfan

Thank you based god
To determine the one or two day question, we should turn to Wayo, for starters. He's done this three times, so he knows what he's doing. If we end up voting on it, we should list pros and cons before we vote.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
The World Cup will be over for a month, so a Strikers tournament doesn't make sense. Looks like it'll be MKWii and Brawl.

Not to be rude, but JF shouldn't have access here anymore.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
I still think a MKDS tournament would be pretty cool.

Oaktown Mojo said:
Not to be rude, but JF shouldn't have access here anymore.
My bad. I meant to do that a while ago.

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
So, when are the polls going to be set up, and is everyone assigned a specific topc?

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Polls will be posted on June 14th. They will close July 14th. After the polls are closed, sign-ups will be held to present scripts.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
The polls will be made on Polldaddy (excluding the 5 'Shroom Awards, which will be done via GoogleDocs.)

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Oaktown Mojo said:
The polls will be made on Polldaddy (excluding the 5 'Shroom Awards, which will be done via GoogleDocs.)
God, thanks! I was listened to!

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Yes. On the 14th, we will need someone who can edit {{Announcement}} to link to the polls.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I guess I can do that... for a certain amount of money

ralphfan

Thank you based god
It'll be the first mod on that day in all likelihood. Expect them to be posted mid-afternoon (after World Cup is done for the day). They will be set so you can vote once.