MW Werewolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
The game has started. I'm going to ask that users don't post in this thread unless they're playing in the game. Dead players shouldn't post here either; they can post in the lounge thread, located here.

It was a brisk morning in the woods. Stooben was driving his car on a dew-covered road that cut right through the forest and went directly into the ski resort town where he would be taking a vacation. He had had a long few months of investigating murders, and was in desperate need of relaxation. As the road ended, he stopped the care and stepped out of it. The sun was just now rising, and the mountains were glimmering.

"Ahh...I just love this time of day. It's just so peaceful and comfortable." Stooben said as he walked up to the ski town the rest of the way. That's when he saw a group of roughly 15 people grouped around what appeared to be...a dead body.

Stooben whipped out his detective badge and demanded to know what was going on.

"We don't know! We just found this body lying here when we came out of our houses!" Tucayo yelled.

"Jesus...what could have done such a horrible thing?!" Ugozima said as he covered his mouth as if he were about to gag.

Stooben bent over the shredded corpse and instantly knew what was going on. He looked at the group of people around him and bluntly said, "you have a werewolf problem."

"What?!" Rath exclaimed.

"That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. There's no such things as werewolves! ...Are there?" The long-named Shyguy said.

"No, there is such a thing; I've investigated murders caused by them. It's never a pretty site, but at least I know how to handle it." Stooben stated matter-of-factly. "But I'm not going to handle this on my own. I'm hundreds of miles away from the police headquarters...there's no way for me to properly investigate you all. You'll have to figure out for yourselves who is a werewolf and who isn't."

Stooben walked towards the inn, and said in a gruff voice, "I'm renting out my room now. I'll see you guys tomorrow to see if you've come to a decision."

Players:

1. Edofenrir -- Killed, Night 3; werewolf; was killed by the gunman, 2257.
2. Buzz-Buzz -- Executed, Day 6; werewolf.
3. Lyra -- Executed, Day 1; plain innocent, had no special powers. Revived on Day 5.
4. SMB -- Executed, Day 7; plain innocent, had no special powers.
5. Tucayo
6. Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy
7. Killjoy -- Executed, Day 4; plain innocent, had no special powers.
8. 2257
9. Ugozima
10. Marcelagus
11. Archer -- Mauled, Night 5; Empowered Innocent, had the ability to copy a dead villager's powers. Revived Day 6.
12. Punk -- Executed, Day 5; Head Werewolf, had the ability to arrange werewolf attacks and confuse the Seer.
13. Rath -- Modkilled
14. Giygas
15. Walkazo -- Mauled, Night 2; neutral party, necromancer. Revived on Day 4.
16. Marioguy1
17. X

Rules: (in spoiler tags)

1. This game will be played in real time, in twenty-four hour increments. Day is the period of time where players vote and send in special power lists. Execution occurs as soon as Day ends, and it is then that whatever player has the majority of the votes on them (if there is one) is executed. Night occurs immediately after execution. Night is the period of time in which evil teams attack players, and it is also when most special powers are activated. The next Day starts immediately after Night.

2. Day will end at 10 P.M. Eastern unless stated otherwise. Vote and send in messages to me before that time.

3. Every player is expected to vote on a player to execute at the end of that day. Post your votes on the game thread in the following format:

Vote: Player

If you want to undo your vote, post:

Unvote: Player

Once your vote is retracted, you may vote for another person, or you may revote the person you had originally. If you vote for someone else without first retracting your original vote, the second one will not count.

In order for a player to be executed, a majority must be reached. For instance, there are ten players. In order for any one person of those ten to be executed, five or more people must vote for them. Otherwise, majority isn’t reached and an execution doesn’t occur.

Once the time reaches 10 P.M. Eastern, votes are locked and may not be altered in any way.

4. Some players have special powers that are detailed on their role sheet. In order to use a special power, a PM must be sent to me before the end of Day that fulfills the conditions detailed in your role. Also, please specify the name of the special power you are using in the PM. Special powers do not disappear over time unless stated, and do not have a limit of use unless stated.

5. A player may not, under any circumstances, directly quote their role PM in any way. They may tell other players their role and powers if they wish, however directly quoting text from their role PM is not allowed. They may not create fake role PM quotes, either. This also means no directly quoting the host. Players are also not allowed to directly quote any messages (PM, IM or otherwise) they’ve exchanged with other players of the game that pertain to the game.

6. Once a player is dead, they may not reveal any information about the game that was not known publicly before their death. No exceptions. Dead players must also keep their posts in the Lounge thread. Likewise, living players are not allowed to post in the Lounge thread until the end of the game.

7. Players may not impersonate the host or other players in any way. (This is due to the possibility of unfair extortion of information.)

8. When sending in a list, have it in the following format:

1. Player A
2. Player B
3. Player C
4. Player D

9. This game is based on lies and deceit. Please don’t take it personally if someone lies to or tricks you in regards to the game. Remember that it’s all in good fun. In the same way, please be a good sport, and follow the rules.

10. Players are expected to participate in the game. If a player has not shown any activity for a couple of days, I may end up replacing or modkilling them. Inactive players can make the game less fun for everyone.

11. Failure to follow these rules may result in penalties or complete disqualification. Cheating will result in immediate removal from the game and a blacklisting for my future games.

12. Scripts are not meant to really reflect how a person acts normally on the forum, since it's just a story. (And a really lame one, really.) You should look out for clues in what people say; not so much in the style they are written. Furthermore, if someone finds something offensive in the story, bear in mind that it is just a story and does not reflect how people feel towards each other, or how I feel about members. Roles were chosen completely at random, so always keep this in mind. A friend you normally have on the forum may not be your friend in this game; in that same light, that person may just as likely be your friend. It depends on who received what role.

Terminology: (in spoiler tags)

Terminology:

Host - The host of the Werewolf game. In this case, that would be me, Stooben. This person is the one who keeps track of all special powers, votes, and the like, and administers executions and kills among other things. Their word pertaining to the game is final.

Players - Anyone who is currently participating in the game. Dead players are players who have been killed by one way or another.

Innocents - The good team of the game. Their goal is to destroy all the evil forces.

Baddies - Any evil force, team, or player. Werewolves, in this case. The goal of baddies is to destroy the Innocents or outnumber them..

Alignment - The morality assigned to players. This determines their teammates, if any, their winning conditions, and their opponents.

Winning Conditions - The conditions that must be fulfilled in order for the player that’s been assigned them to win.

Special Ability - A special ability is a power that players can possess. Powers can differ greatly in effect, whether they’re defensive, offensive, or something else altogether.

Vote - Votes decide who is executed. Players vote for a player who they believe to be a baddie, and if a majority is reached on that player, they are killed.

Day, Execution, and Night - These are the three different phases of the game. Day is the period where all players send in powers and post votes, and also when Werewolves send in their kill. At the end of Day, (in this case 10 P.M. Eastern) Execution occurs, where the player with the majority of votes on them is executed. After this, Night occurs, which is the time where most special powers take effect and also the time when attacks occur. Day usually lasts twenty-four real time hours, whereas Execution and Night happen instantly, with the next Day starting directly after Night.

Seer - The Seer is an Innocent with the ability to check players to see if they are of an evil alignment or not. They can use this ability each night. A Seer’s main goal is to learn baddies’ identities, and to learn who is Innocent and connect with them. Seers are usually the main targets of the teams they check for, so it’s important that they lay low unless they have a contact that they are sure is innocent. It’s also imperative that they don’t reveal themselves on the thread unless absolutely necessary.

Medic - The Medic is an Innocent with the ability to protect players from attacks of the evil team. They can use this ability each night. A Protector’s main goal is to protect important innocent players. This is especially the case with the Seer. If a Medic knows the identity of a Seer, that player should be one of their main targets to protect, as they are vital to the Innocents’ victory.

There may be other types of roles in this game, but it is up to you to reveal them!

Role PMs have been sent out randomly. If anyone has any questions about the game or didn't get a role message, they can PM me. Day 1 will end tomorrow at 10 PM Eastern time.

Day 1 starts.
Majority is 9.

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
This sounds like an exciting game.

Where to start...

N

Nerdy Guy

Damn you, I was gonna be the first poster.

I would say Ugo might be a werewolf. His story reaction isn't exactly how he normaly acts. Also maybe ML Rath since his reaction seems odd. Plus Lucarios are pretty werewolf like. :P

Garlic Man

Gee, I guess I never thought about taking the story into consideration when trying to deduce people's roles.

If only Ugozima's reaction had been "OMNOMNOM" then we would have known for sure he was a werewolf.

Garlic Man

So who should we kill?

Garlic Man

I bet you ChaosNinji's a wolf. (I'm too lazy to type "werewolf")

Also, one question: wolves get a guranteed kill each night as long as they don't choose somebody that's healed, correct?

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Marcelagus said:
Also, one question: wolves get a guranteed kill each night as long as they don't choose somebody that's healed, correct?
Or if they can't come to a consensus on who to kill.

N

Nerdy Guy

Well someone had to get the ball rolling. No one else was starting a conversation about who might be werewolves. :P

Garlic Man

Stooben said:
Marcelagus said:
Seems unlikely considering that the werewolves can distinguish each other from innocents. :P

EDIT: We don't know how many werewolves there are, right?

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Marcelagus said:
Stooben said:
Marcelagus said:
Seems unlikely considering that the werewolves can distinguish each other from innocents. :P
While this is true, it is also imperative that the werewolves take out the key innocents (i.e. the Seer and Medic). The werewolves know who's an innocent, but they don't know who has any actual powers. It depends on if they want to take out someone important, or take out any innocent they can (which is a very irrational move).

Marcelagus said:
EDIT: We don't know how many werewolves there are, right?
No, you don't.

Garlic Man

We must also factor in Stooben's personality and who he would have assigned what role to... hm..

Jesus Freak

King Bowser
Marcelagus said:
We must also factor in Stooben's personality and who he would have assigned what role to... hm..
[quote author=the rules]
Roles were chosen completely at random
[/quote]

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Too many posts... Most of them by Ugo and NG. It is normal fro Ugo to post actively in a thread, but I haven't seen that much of NG, perhaps I am too distracted, perhaps he is excited by the game, perhaps he wants to hide being a werewolf...

Vote: Rath

ChaosNinji

Shine Sprite
Adding a fourth person into the mix doesn't help anybody. We have a limited number of lynches before we all die, so we should make the most of them.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Youre right, we should work together, even if I don't know you are innocent,
Unvote: Rath
Vote: Lario

Status
Not open for further replies.