MW Werewolf (sign-ups/lounge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?topic=7795.0 <-- The actual game can be found there.

"Werewolf" is a variation of the party game Mafia. I'll explain it below, but you can read that page if you want more info.

It's played in real time. In basic games, there are two teams, the Innocents (or villagers or what have you) and the Werewolves. The goal of the game for each team is to annihilate the other team. The thing is, though, that the innocents don't know who's a werewolf and who isn't, whereas the werewolves are completely aware of who's a werewolf.

The game is played in day/night phases. During the day, (starting at a set time and usually ending 24 hours later) players vote (in the game thread, where discussion and speculating also takes place) for a player to execute, in hopes that the player is actually a werewolf. Werewolves, however, are voting too, and will try and sway the vote away from their teammates and create mass hysteria among the innocents. It's during the day that the werewolf team sends me (the host) a message, telling me who they'd like to murder that night. At the end of the day, if there's a majority of votes on a certain player they will be executed. Night occurs immediately after day ends, and it is when the werewolves take out their target, and when most players' special powers activate, if they have them, with the next day immediately proceeding that. I also write a bit of a story as the game goes along, to spice things up a bit.

Once all Werewolves are dead, or the Werewolves equal or outnumber the Innocents, the game ends. Games last around a week or so.

If you have any questions about the game after reading that explanation and the Wikipedia article, feel free to ask them in this thread, or send me a message. A more detailed set of rules will be posted in the game thread, once it's made.

Anyway, if you sign up, be sure that you're going to at least have a bit of time each day to post in the thread and send me PMs. Without activity, the game will die, fast. Another thing: Don't cheat or break the game rules, it ruins the fun for everyone else, and if I find out you did it, I'll blacklist you from my games.

If you want to play, post in this thread saying so, and I'll add you to the player list. Once the list is filled up, you can still sign up as a replacement. (if a player is inactive for too long or can't play anymore, they get replaced by you) Oh, and if you're going to play, try to refrain from changing your username for the duration of the game. It makes things too confusing, if you do.

Sign-ups
1. Edofenrir
2. Buzz-Buzz
3. Lyra
4. SMB
5. Tucayo
6. Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy
7. Killjoy
8. 2257
9. Ugozima
10. Marcelagus
11. Archer
12. Punk
13. Rath
14. Giygas
15. Walkazo
16. Marioguy1

We have enough players to get this game going. If you would like to sign up as a replacement, please do so.

Replacements
1. X
2. Zero of the Rebellion
3. Blue Toad

Jesus Freak

King Bowser
Re: Werewolf (sign-ups)

Ooo! Ooo! I wanna play! I love Mafia!

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

Great!

I added Edo to the sign-up list too, because he said on chat he wanted to play.

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!

Normally I would sign up for this but I never check forum games anymore.

N

Nerdy Guy

You could turn the notify feature on or check the unread posts thing every day. :/

Jesus Freak

King Bowser

Wait, where are we gonna find 20 people?

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

We should be able to get 20 people on this forum pretty easily. Besides, 20 is, like, the perfect amount of people for this game. (15 at the very least.)

I might move this to Off-Topic to attract more attention, since this is pretty involved for a forum game.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff

I wanna sign up!

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

We're a fourth of the way there!

C'mon, we need more people!

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi

Why did you move a forum game out of the forum games board just for being more complicated than most games?
It's a game. It runs through the forum. It's a forum game. We have a board for this.
Most games like "RATE THE ABOVE THING" aren't actually "games", they're just threads to review other people's stuff. And for some reason they get into Forum Games but a real Game doesn't. :-\

N

Nerdy Guy

Stooben said:
I might move this to Off-Topic to attract more attention
I think this was Stoob's main reason. The second statment might've just meant the game needs more attention and players because it's so involved.

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi

That doesn't nullify my point. We have a board for games that operate through the forum, and yet a game that operates through the forum has been moved to another board. Why bother designating the proper threads to be in certain boards if you're going to contradict those designations?

N

Nerdy Guy

I was just saying that probably wasn't Stoob's reasoning. :-\

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi

It obviously wasn't his reasoning, since he did not come to the same conclusion that I did. He came to the opposite conclusion and I have absolutely no idea why, and I have already justified this confusion in a point that you attempted to argue against with the point that I was arguing against in the first place.

N

Nerdy Guy

I wasn't trying to argue, atleast not on purpose. :P

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

There are two reasons why this topic is in the off-topic board.

1. Because this is the sign-up page for the game, and not the actual game itself.
2. In extension to the first reason, this game needs a minimum of fifteen players. (I put twenty spots up there in case I was able to get that many people, though.) So, I put it in this board in hopes that it would attract more attention (which may result in more players).

Once the sign-ups are done and everyone receives the PMs containing their roles, the game actually begins. There will be a different topic in the Forum Games board strictly for the game. Since everyone who signed up will know about the game, there won't be any worries about it not receiving the attention it should.

By the way, Shyguy, does that make you not want to play this game? I mean, it's not like it would be too hard to check the Forum Games board daily just for this one game. *hint hint*

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

Cool. I added you to the list.

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

Sweet, thanks.

*rallies more people together*

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018

Count me in bro.

Also, change my forum name to "Marcelagus" while you're signing me up please.

Status
Not open for further replies.