General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Welcome to the official discussion thread for Mario Awards IV! This year, we are reverting to having an Awards Committee make decisions, but everyone is welcome to attend meetings, and your opinions are welcome. Keep in mind, however, that the AC will have the final say. We hope to start meetings on Friday, 3/19. Meetings will be held in #mwikiawards on the DarkMyst IRC network, beginning at 8 pm Eastern (UTC-5) time and lasting for approximately two hours.

This year, the awards will include:
-30 Mario Awards
-10 Fail Awards
-5 Userpedia Awards
-5 'Shroom Awards

The Awards Committee is currently in the process of brainstorming changes that will be made from last year to this year's awards.

N

Nerdy Guy

I'm just wondering, how come we didn't just make the Awards Staff board public and turn it into the public Awards Board like we did last year?

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Actually, there was no official Awards Staff last year. Everyone was allowed to come to meetings, but there wasn't an AC to make final decisions. Before that, only the AC went to meetings. This way, we avoid chaos and confusion while getting everyone's opinions in.

MST3K

Donkey Kong
Forum Moderator
Is there going to be another MKWii tournament?

If so, I've got a title to defend.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I think so. Also, we'll have Guess the Results, an SSBB tournament (I hope), a Red Carpet Show, and maybe some sort of afterparty.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
May I ask why wasnt there a sign up in the wiki as in most years? And why wasnt this announced?

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I have been telling Stoob for a while, but he has had finals or something. There will be a sign-up in the next couple days. *cough*Stoob*cough*

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Ugo, I don't understand what you mean. The Awards are a celebration of the Wiki's anniversary.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Because we can, OK? We're celebrating something that we made, so stop whining about it.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Why are you here if you dont even like the awards?

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Unlike most holidays, the awards are commemorating something we did. We made the Wiki what it is today. We edit the articles, ban the trolls, write The 'Shroom, and we want to celebrate that. So we have Awards.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Ugo, you're way out of line. If you don't like it, suck it up and leave the rest of us alone. Nobody's forcing you to respond here.

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Sharks Territory said:
Because we can, OK? We're celebrating something that we made, so stop whining about it.
We?

You weren't the one that made it. :-\

Sharks Territory said:
We made the Wiki what it is today. We edit the articles, ban the trolls, write The 'Shroom, and we want to celebrate that. So we have Awards.
You don't have banning rights either. (Not to mention you barely edit the wiki either, etc.) :-\

ralphfan

Thank you based god
We work together as a whole, basically. And, though Awards, UCT, and 'Shroom have occupied my time, I have made over 2,300 contributions.

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
I thought it was weird how Ugozima's post disappeared. Ralph, deleting people's posts without reason is local mod-abusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.