Staff General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayoshi

PM Pro
-30 Mario and 10 Fail may be plenty enough of awards to use. If we get to the point of trying to create "gimmicks", let's stick with these 40.
-maybe doing this all over two days so it doesn't take as long in one sitting of the computer. *maybe*
-overall I think we've established a great set of Mario Awards that only need updated tweaking (NSMBWii will go into A4, SMG2 will go into A5 and may be a candidate for A30, also Winter Games thingy etc.) and maybe a coupl eof replacements, chagnes we can bring up. Fail we can probably greatly improve on and will be a genearl focus, whether we keep 10 or expand

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: General Discussion

Sharks Territory said:
At the most, we should expand to 15 Fail Awards.
As I said in another topic, we could cut down the amount of Userpedia awards that we present this year. Perhaps have 30 Mario awards, 15 Fail awards, and perhaps 5 Userpedia awards? This could be expanded if UP becomes active again, or kept the same if it doesn't. Personally, Userpedia awards (if it is decided that we will keep them) should be:
  • Favorite Story
  • Favorite Comic
  • Favorite Fad
  • Favorite Retired User
  • Favorite Wiki Host
Those, in my opinion, are the ones that might be more dynamic from last year's results. Some new comics have been made, a lot of new stories have been written; some new fads (like the Chatroom Overlord election :-X) have occurred, more users have retired, and perhaps the idea about wiki hosts have changed.

ralphfan

Thank you based god

Sounds nice, but maybe 10 Fail and 5 UP. Personally, 50 seems like a bit much, but I'm OK with 50.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Sharks Territory said:
Sounds nice, but maybe 10 Fail and 5 UP. Personally, 50 seems like a bit much, but I'm OK with 50.
45 could do as well, whichever one would be better.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Okay, I had an idea. Seeing as we are cutting down on the amount of Userpedia Awards this year, and we are probably not expanding the Fail Awards, perhaps we could introduce a new category?

I suggest that we introduce a category for The 'Shroom. In my opinion, not many awards should be introduced; we should have 5 'Shroom awards. That would give us a count of exactly 50 Awards as well, which is a pretty good amount in my honest opinion.

The idea of having 'Shroom awards came up during the Director's Election, if I'm correct; although I'm not sure if I had originally suggested it or if Stooben had. Either way, I think it would be nice to have them in this year's ceremony. Thoughts?

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

^Yeah, I did mention that. I was trying to think on how to implement that this year, but having 5 UP awards and 5 'Shroom awards would be a good way to start.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Blur said:
^Yeah, I did mention that. I was trying to think on how to implement that this year, but having 5 UP awards and 5 'Shroom awards would be a good way to start.
Awesome. We would probably have their categories like S1, S2, S3, etc.; right?

Also, we should come up with what awards we are going to include. One that I would suggest is "Favorite Section."

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

Yeah, S1 - S5 is perfect.

Favorite Section, Favorite Writer, Favorite...*lost train of thought*

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Blur said:
Yeah, S1 - S5 is perfect.

Favorite Section, Favorite Writer, Favorite...*lost train of thought*
Lol.

But yes, I do think that Favorite Section and Favorite Writer are good ones to include. Perhaps Sub-team split off from Favorite Section? I mean, I pretty much can see that the sub-teams would most likely get the highest amount of votes.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

'Shroom awards?

• Favorite Section
  • Favorite Writer
  • Favorite Sub-team
  • Favorite Core Staff?
  • Favorite Director

Not sure about number four, just made that up off the top of my head...anyhow, the other four are what I propose we have and the core staff one is up for debate.

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

Sharks Territory said:
Maybe favorite former writer and favorite current writer.
Hm...the former thing would be very long...or we could put our best guesses and add a "insert your own" box but that would be biased against the ones not in the box...

ralphfan

Thank you based god

Well, every single poll has an "Other" option.

Just a side note, as for Guess the Results, we'll need to guess while the polls are being voted on.

Wayoshi

PM Pro

If we're going to keep 50 awards, it should be over 2 days or start earlier, because I couldn't contain them all within 5 hours without going at a reasonable pace.

ralphfan

Thank you based god

Yet you were the one who said not to. Maybe do the Fail, UP and 'Shroom one Friday and Mario the next, or just start earlier?

Ideas to cut down on time:

-Read each script through and decide how long should be taken between posts.
-Have one person (Wayo or Stoob) post them all, no reason to mess with the schedule.
-START EARLIER!

Marioguy1

Leo
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff

Oooh! I have an idea! Why not split it into Mario/Shroom Awards for day one and Userpedia/Fail awards on day two...or something like that. On day two we could also have Userpedia/Fail/Disconnected if we decide to have disconnected awards!

ralphfan

Thank you based god

If we do two days, we do UP/'Shroom/Fail one day and Mario the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.