How much do you like the 'Shroom?

On a scale of 0-10, how much do you like the 'Shroom (0 lowest, 10 highest)?


  • Total voters
    11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
How much do you like The 'Shroom? If you have any issues, express them here so that we can improve.
 

Yoshario

King Bowser
Honestly, I don't really like "The 'Shroom" that much. The "Fun Stuff" section and the "Fake News" tell no news about the wiki, which is its purpose, a newspaper about the wiki. How about if it told places where we referenced or reported on new rules or community discussions?
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
Audacity of Dope said:
Honestly, I don't really like "The 'Shroom" that much. The "Fun Stuff" section and the "Fake News" tell no news about the wiki, which is its purpose, a newspaper about the wiki. How about if it told places where we referenced or reported on new rules or community discussions?
The Fake News and Fun Stuff are... well... fun stuff. They serve no other purpose than to entertain and give people jobs. And if you want the 'Shroom to report on stuff happening on the wiki, you'd have to take down the Community News bar on the Main Page.
*goes back to retirement from the wiki*
 

Yoshario

King Bowser
Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Honestly, I don't really like "The 'Shroom" that much. The "Fun Stuff" section and the "Fake News" tell no news about the wiki, which is its purpose, a newspaper about the wiki. How about if it told places where we referenced or reported on new rules or community discussions?
The Fake News and Fun Stuff are... well... fun stuff. They serve no other purpose than to entertain and give people jobs. And if you want the 'Shroom to report on stuff happening on the wiki, you'd have to take down the Community News bar on the Main Page.
*goes back to retirement from the wiki*
.
What news bar? Do you mean {{template:Announcement}}?

If that's what you mean, I'm sure you are aware that that template is very small. The 'Shroom could report more details than a small template could.
 

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Audacity of Dope said:
Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Honestly, I don't really like "The 'Shroom" that much. The "Fun Stuff" section and the "Fake News" tell no news about the wiki, which is its purpose, a newspaper about the wiki. How about if it told places where we referenced or reported on new rules or community discussions?
The Fake News and Fun Stuff are... well... fun stuff. They serve no other purpose than to entertain and give people jobs. And if you want the 'Shroom to report on stuff happening on the wiki, you'd have to take down the Community News bar on the Main Page.
*goes back to retirement from the wiki*
.
What news bar? Do you mean {{template:Announcement}}?

If that's what you mean, I'm sure you are aware that that template is very small. The 'Shroom could report more details than a small template could.
...Okay Yoshario, you are going over the deep end with this. It almost seems that you are taking this too seriously or even mocking the rules. Just chillax.
 

Yoshario

King Bowser
Super Mario Bros. said:
...Okay Yoshario, you are going over the deep end with this.
How so?
Super Mario Bros. said:
It almost seems that you are taking this too seriously or even mocking the rules.
...mocking the rules...?

As far as I can tell, there are no rules for what can or cannot be in The 'Shroom, so there are no rules to mock. I wouldn't mock rules even if there were rules, because I know mocking rules doesn't help us reach a consensus on what should or should not be included in The 'Shroom.
Super Mario Bros. said:
Just chillax.
I've been chill'd. 8)
If my comments implied I were angry, I'm not. Sorry for the confusion. :P
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
Audacity of Dope said:
Super Mario Bros. said:
...Okay Yoshario, you are going over the deep end with this.
How so?
Super Mario Bros. said:
It almost seems that you are taking this too seriously or even mocking the rules.
...mocking the rules...?

As far as I can tell, there are no rules for what can or cannot be in The 'Shroom, so there are no rules to mock. I wouldn't mock rules even if there were rules, because I know mocking rules doesn't help us reach a consensus on what should or should not be included in The 'Shroom.
I'm surprised how the second comment answers the first one. :P
 

Luigifreak

OH YEAH!!! WALUIGI TIME!!!!
It's pretty good... The sections that have consistent writers are good, but there are a few sections that have a change of writers everey month or two, and sometimes the writers are kind of bad at writing their sections...
 

Snowstalker

Snowstalker
There are some good writers, and then...

===Upcoming Games===== By DarkYoshi 1.New Super Mario Bros Wii 2.That's all for now I guess this was my first issue guys
 
N

Nerdy Guy

Guest
Waddle Dee said:
There are some good writers, and then...

===Upcoming Games===== By DarkYoshi 1.New Super Mario Bros Wii 2.That's all for now I guess this was my first issue guys
I think I know who's going to be told a certain Donald Trump quote...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top