Scribble Showdown - ROUND 5: Abstraction!

TPG (2)

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him/His

To recap:

1 year ago, the ruler-turned malevolent god of the Land of Scribbles, the Grand Benevolent Authority, was defeated by 32 Scribble Warriors. His soul split into three separate parts. Unbalanced, they diverged into individual, mindless entities. His will was preserved in each one.

To celebrate the anniversary of this victory, the King of the Land of Scribbles held a gathering, a friendly tournament. Many original Scribble Warriors returned, with some new faces, too. The King also brought his children, 4 Kingsbournes, to assist the running of the game. With the most powerful Scribblers in the Kingdom all in one place, the pieces of the Grand BeneViolent Authority saw a chance to strike, cutting off the warriors from the rest of the kingdom. Despite their best efforts, the enemy was able to overpower the King, and took his power.

The enemy unleashed its will upon the entire Land of Scribbles, staining the soil black and the sky white, until it seemed that everything was consumed.

The remains of the old rulers were discovered. Though formless, their will persists.

And here we are. Another year, another calamity. This time, the threat had no agenda. It was simply the raging, thrashing residue of the forgotten Gods, determined to reduce the world to a land without colour. Pure black and white, no bloodlines, no magic, no individuality. A new world, ripe to sow with new believers.

They were on their own. 26 Warriors, 6 shy of last year's ensemble. Numerically overpowered, they had but one option.

A last stand, their final hope. The strongest, most powerful Scribbles they could muster. They stood together, siblings in arms, and prepared for one final Scribble Showdown. The winner, the most legendary Scribbler amongst them, would be chosen to bear the combined energy of their efforts in a final battle against this beast. A fleeting title, or an eternal one. Depends how the battle goes, I guess.

CLICK ON THE ROYAL BRAND TO OPEN THE ROUND FIVE THEME!

ROUND FIVE is open! ABSTRACTION asks you, the mighty Scribbler, to channel your artistic spirit and draw from the heart. These prompts are based on SIMPLE, but STRONG emotional concepts, and have nothing to do with the Mario franchise! Of course, you may interpret them however you'd like. You have the power to grapple with these abstract ideas! I believe in you!

(Examples: YOUR JOY, YOUR ANGER, YOUR BRAVERY)

Round Five Ends:

10th Doctor

I don’t take back what I say, or regret what I do!
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Her
THE POWER IS NOTHING LIKE I HAVE EVER SEEN BEFORE.

…I AM AFRAID THAT I AM NOT ENOUGH.

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO DO THIS TODAY, BUT…

45BC7E65-432E-475C-A31F-228B6CE3E3A5.jpeg

WE ALL CHANGE, ALL THROUGH OUR LIVES, AND THAT’S OKAY.

THAT’S OKAY. YOU HAVE GOT TO KEEP MOVING, SO LONG AS YOU REMEMBER ALL THE PEOPLE YOU USED TO BE.

I WILL NOT FORGET ONE LINE OF THIS, NOT ONE DAY. I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER…

6442FA11-4F89-4B91-A944-C0EF0371EC47.jpeg

…WHEN THE TIMELORD WAS ME.

Waluigi Time

Get It Together!
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Following three rousing victories (and being thrashed by an ex-Conductor, we don't talk about that one), it all came down to this. One final match, with the fate of the universe hanging in the balance.

Waluigi Time had come prepared for this very moment. Well, not the world-ending stakes, but the man's no stranger to spectacle.

"Alright Shbig, this is it! Let's hope this works..."

He flipped open a panel on the back of the Remaster-2000, and unceremoniously flipped a little switch. With a series of clicks, whirs, and other assorted mechanical onamatopeia, the automaton transformed into a sight to behold, one rather familiar to many of the scribblers.

All the powers of the Master flowing through this piece of machinery, and primed for the ultimate show.

NOW THEN, PRIDE... ALLOW ME TO SHOW YOU WHY THEY CALL ME THE REMASTER!
2022Story2.png

TPG (2)

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Hi scribblers - due to, amongst other reasons, personal circumstances, I won't be able to end the phase and start voting tonight. Due to this, and since this is the last round, I'm extending this round by 72 hours.

Apologies for the short notice. As with last time, if you have already scribbled and think this delay would have helped had you known about it earlier, shoot me a message and we can try and sort something out.