AKGO: The Journey of the S.S. Cetus - END - Farewell, Wondrous Cetus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franziska Von Karma

I can see through time
Pronouns
She / They
Is there anything square in the restrooms / toilets that match the wound?

Are there still blueprints in Crew Quarters and if so can I look at them?

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Is there anything square in the restrooms / toilets that match the wound?
None of the restrooms have matching square objects.

Are there still blueprints in Crew Quarters and if so can I look at them?
You investigate the crew quarters for blueprints. When you find one, it seems to detail invisible lasers that guard the Fatum Shard in The History Exhibit. The lasers, when triggered, make the casing give off a shock when you touch it, as well as triggering an alarm. The lasers can be exposed by spraying an aerosol to make them visible, by which means touching them can be avoided.

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
i would like to investigate the alarms in the history exhibit and/or gift shop. are they different alarms, and do they sound different from each other?
You trigger the alarms in the gift shop by taking out a snow globe without paying. The alarm sounds. You then trigger the alarms in The History Exhibit by touching a laser. A similar, but distinct alarm sounds. In conclusion, they sound differently.

Rainbow Smash

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Smasher
Investigate storage

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Investigate storage
You investigate the storage on deck 1. It seems that someone has slept in a corner here, strange. It also appears that a punch bowl, cups, a gunpla kit, rope, traffic cones, and a few masks are missing.

Cel Winters

Hmm... something about that mess in the waterworks isn't sitting well with me. I checked it out closer, and it appears to have the same materials as one of the missing laundry bags. I'd wager the other green fabric is some kind of tunic, perhaps a costume?

Cel Winters

Listen, if you're gonna throw shit right at the kraken, make it something it can eat, or else it'll just tear it to shreds. Can only clean these pipes so many times, y'know.

Rohan Kishibe

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Garett Tarlow

(...N-no. I can't take it anymore. They're just going to let me walk away. He wouldn't want this...)

(They have no idea what to do... it's been like this the whole time...... they've trusted me throughout all of this... and... I can't... I..)

Garett Tarlow

M-make it so that no matter who is v-voted for as the thief, I'm sent to jail.... please. I-I-I just want this... game! This game!! I want it to end...!

I CAN'T HANDLE IT ANYMORE

MB-Kusagi

MB-Kusagi

...motive updated.

...You're going to regret this, 'k.

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Votes (murder):
Shmathers (InsaneBlathers)2Polly (Reverse Input), Rainbow Dash (Smasher)
Polly (Reverse Input)1ENA (Roserade)
Henry Brennan (Superchao)1Shmathers (InsaneBlathers)

Votes (theft):
Franziska von Karma (fantanoice)2ENA (Roserade), Rainbow Dash (Smasher)
ENA (Roserade)1Franziska von Karma (fantanoice)

Cel Winters

…Garett. What did you just say?

Garett Tarlow

CEL I DIDN'T MEAN FOR ANY OF THIS TO HAPPEN PLEASE YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME THE CUBE WAS A GIFT FROM-

MB-Kusagi

Whoa there, enough with the chit-chat, 'k? I am positively done with hearing the whimpering and the crying! ZIP IT, 'K?

MB-K launches at Garett, grabbing his choker and tying it tightly around his mouth.

MB-Kusagi

Before you begin justifying your continued existence, we have ourselves a little execution to handle.

Before anyone can say another word, a large button rises from the floor of the Event Deck.

MB-Kusagi

…Let's get this over with, 'k.

Suddenly, everyone is thrust into the Atrium, where a large table has appeared. The passengers and crew of the S.S Cetus stand around the table in awkward silence, as MB-K lands in the middle, and begins to speak.

"Now! I've called this Emergency Meeting because one of you is an imposter. Someone pretending to be something they're not! Like for instance, a good mastermind! A capable person who was going to win this game and live on in magical glory!"

Garett, his wave-pattern choker now firmly wrapped around his mouth, begins to yell in muffled strain as MB-K continues.

"But no. Let's take the time, and vote them out properly. It's time for a little… venting, kyuyuyu…"

"I saw ENA vent! I was doing tasks in Medical!"
"Invoker looked mighty sus on the Event Deck tonight…"
"Hello! *squawk* I saw red vent!"
"Did anyone else see that large horse"
"Was it a self-report? Who was in the laundry!?"

Accusations begin to fly, but Shmathers remains oddly silent. Suddenly, the tone shifts, and against her will, Vicia begins to shout.

"It's Cel! I saw her pretending to do tasks in Electrical, when secretly she was sneaking around the ship feeding the squid tonight, darling!"

Cel, staring at Garett with tears in her eyes, begins to snap back: 'Vicia! Your royal heritage is a sham! Why were you selling Fabafian heirlooms to con-men!?'

Garett's mouth, still forced shut while tears burn down his face, turns to Fairbanks as he bellows: "CEL, I KILLED THEM THAT NIGHT. WITH ME OWN HANDS. THEY WERE MORE BEASTS THAN MEN, BUT WHEN TH' LIGHT FADED FROM THEIR EYES, I SAW THEIR INNOCENT SOULS CURSE ME OWN, Y'HEAR!"

Confessions are hurled left and right as the timer counts down, and it's becoming clearer and clearer that everyone here has something to hide, but everyone here is trying to avoid being executed, and and is haphazardly confessing to anything to avoid being voted out as the imposter.

"No, I couldn't have killed Czario, I was too busy overcooking fish in the Kitchen after I betrayed Fairbanks' trust!"
"I stole the Lotus flower and splashed liquor allllll over the Event Deck door! You fools!"
"I just want this game to end, can we Skip Vote?"

Eventually, everyone's ire is drawn to Blathers, who has yet to confess anything. Always near the murder, never the murderer. Did he do it? He begins to look more and more nervous as the seconds begin to tick closer and closer to the end.

"You got me! I'm not actually Shmathers! I'm Birdley! I'm… the imposter!"

With 5 seconds on the clock, and with the most confused and panicked reasoning, everyone slams their buttons and votes for Birdley.

The lights in the Atrium shut off, leaving everyone in the darkness. A single light turns on, and MB-K is shown dragging Birdley to the Starboard edge of the boat, his bracelet removed. Fear in his eyes as the Ultimate Doom's tentacles lap over the side, when all of a sudden…

"STOP!"

In reality, Garett manages to loosen his choker, and with a strained yell, orders MB-K to terminate the watch's poison sequence. But… was it too late?

MB-K lets go of his prey, and Birdley drops to the ground, no longer moving. His proximity bracelet… no longer attached.

MB-Kusagi

…kyuyuyu…

You all were… incorrect! Shmathers (InsaneBlathers) did not kill Czario (Luigi 64DD)! The real killer was… Franziska von Karma (fantanoice)!

You all were… incorrect! Franziska von Karma (fantanoice) did not steal the Fatum Shard! The real thief was… Garett Tarlow!

Attention, passengers and crew members on the S.S. Cetus! It is… not yet night 5.

The story and game will temporarily pause as night 5 is finalised. Please wait patiently until then.

In the meantime, take this time to finish Awards presentations, relax, put on your party hats, and be excited for the ceremony this Friday!

10th Doctor

I don’t take back what I say, or regret what I do!
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Her
1659980965361.png

Garett...you were the thief..? That's a shame. I really did like you...but now...I'm not so sure...

1659981016944.png

This isn't going to stop me, though. I've been through worse. A lot worse.

Some of you have been questioning who I am. What I'm doing here...

1659981163994.png

I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old. I am the Oncoming Storm, the Bringer of Darkness, and I SWEAR I will not leave this forsaken cruise ship until this "killing game" has been stopped. Do you have a problem with that?!

Buggy the Clown

Ace Captain
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
question.png

.........................................................................................

fɔː ˈrɪʧʊəlz ɑː naʊ kəmˈpliːtɪd... aɪ fiːl maɪ ˈpaʊər ɪz ˈsləʊli rɪˈtɜːnɪŋ... ˈnɛvə maɪnd ðæt pəˈθɛtɪk skwɪd, ɪt ɪz ˈəʊnli ə ˈmætər ɒv taɪm naʊ bɪˈfɔː ðiːz ˈmɔːtlz siː ə ˈpaʊə tuː ˈtruːli bɪˈhəʊld...!

θriː sɪnz rɪˈmeɪn. naʊ ɪz wɛn θɪŋz ɑː ˈrɪəli ˈgəʊɪŋ tuː pɪk ʌp...

s̶̛͔̰̗̗͋͌͂͊͛k̶͕̖̖͚͇̑̇̑ͅw̷̺̭̭̗̎̍̃̚ɔ̸̝̜͚̦̻́̈́ͅː̵̦̰̳̹̠́͜ ̸͕͙̥̫̠̻̄̎͒̒h̴͇͔͚̠͗̍̄͜͝ɑ̴̡̜͚̫͓̈́̌͜͝ː̵̝̊̃̃ ̴̰̫͖̈́͒h̵̹͇̭̙͚͍̄͆ɑ̶̗̦͖͓̇͋̀ː̵̮͖̈͆̀ ̸̨͚͔̝̞̜̄̒́̿͘h̸̠̙̆͗̿ɑ̴͉͇̖̣̈̒̐ː̴͙̺̤̅̏̍̚ ̴̤̼̖̥̃́͜ͅh̶̫͈̻͔͆̆ɑ̷̻̄̒͌͋͌̿ː̷̫̞̤͓̇̏́͐͋̕ ̸͉̋̑̒́̚͝ḩ̷̢̲̣̲̠̇͒͐͋͒ɑ̶̖͈̆̍̏̒̒͜ː̴͇̥̗̲͚̐̓̉

ENA

GOD RACE
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/they
MarioWiki
Roserade
ena gif.gif

Well, I suppose that matter is settled! Let this be a lesson for everyone: don't trust someone who's grey!

... I... must ask our former friend in particular what he means, however. Without the interruption of the rabbit, if you wouldn't mind.

Mr. Garett, no more secrets. What is it that you have done? You aren't solely responsible for this horrendous affair... are you? I would hope that isn't true, after you gave me all of those fun stickers!

Rohan Kishibe

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him

Garett Tarlow

…Alright, I’ll come clean.

Garett Tarlow

I-I’m responsible for this, for everything. I’m the one who snuck into Cel’s workshop on the very first day, and without telling anyone, I plugged in the cube which turned into the awful rabbit monster you’re looking at now. All of these deaths… are because of me. Because I’m not- I can’t… I can’t do this without them…

Garett Tarlow

I never wanted this. I never meant for this to happen. I just wanted to see my partner again. He- they’re… they’re all I have in this world. I-

The cube… it was… a gift. From them.

T-the day before our ship was meant to depart, I ran into my partner. They looked a little nervous… and I was surprised to see them, since they were meant to be working on the other boat, which departed a few days prior.

They told me not to worry about it. That they had clearance from above, so it wouldn’t affect their job, and that because the passenger count was massively reduced in the final month, they didn’t need the extra hand anyway. There weren’t a lot of couples who needed photographs taken anymore.

I asked them if they wanted to accompany me on my ship, because one of our correspondents, an intern working under a museum who was meant to guide our exhibit, had just dropped at the last second as well. They said no… they had some other stuff to take care of, and… my heart sank.

I wouldn’t be able to see him for a while. These cruises were meant to go to Findelo for two months, but I clung to the fact that we’d meet together in tropical paradise. Now that he wasn’t going… I-I couldn’t handle not seeing him for that long, I didn’t even want to handle the small part of our journey that would knock out our communication for a while…

But that’s when they pulled out the cube, and said it was a gift. They’ve always been a bit of a technical genius. Loves tinkering with code, but never got a degree in engineering because they’d get bored of it.

They’re so confident… and laid back… and they love me for who I am as well. They keep me going, e-every day… I put on a brave face so I can handle all of these events without breaking down… because of them.

It’s alright, man. Just plug in the cube somewhere with lots of technical access to the ship, and you’ll be able to message me again, even in dead zones.
R-really? That’s amazing! Where’d you find this!?
One of my… clients gave it to me. There’s only a few like it in the world, so keep it safe.
Oh, wow!
And… don’t tell anyone. It’s not exactly a free-for-all hotspot, haha!

At the time, I didn’t think it was odd, because I was so happy.

Cel Winters

...so when you'd dropped your pen that day Cap's amulet went missing... it was because...

Garett Tarlow

...yes. That was when I planted the cube.

Garett Tarlow

I couldn't tell you, Cel. There’s this… hole, within me. A darkness that can only be filled with someone else’s light, and for me, my partner is the golden light of my life.

Garett Tarlow

It’s horrible. I can’t fix it. I don’t have any courage of my own, I’m not strong enough to handle anything without thinking of someone else’s strength. One day, I hope to be. That day... I needed his strength.

But when I realised what I'd done, and when the killings began, I…

I began to question everything I’d known about them. I felt the light within me fading, and replaced with a horrible, wretched anxiety. One which kept me from speaking up. From confessing to my guilt. I couldn’t even commit to throwing myself to the kraken when it appeared.

All because I was missing that confidence I had borrowed.

I could only watch in petrified horror as people began to kill each other because of the terror I’d unleashed. I couldn’t order him to stop. All I could do was cling to my event schedule, and hope for the best. I had to swap events around, and betray Vicia, but it was for my own sake.

After the first few days, I began to look inwards for my own strength, and found none. The rabbit kept urging me to do more. To help people kill easier. While he’s fully autonomous, he could only do so much for his… benefactor. There had to be someone else behind the scenes, pulling the strings.

I- I didn’t ask for that. I just wanted to see my partner again. I wanted to ask them why this was happening. Who they’d gotten this cube from. Why they did this to me! To everyone!

The rabbit tried persuading me in other ways… when people began to reject his game, and I said nothing to stop them. At one point, he asked me if I wanted anyone dead.

Garett Tarlow

…I told him I wanted to die. I wanted this nightmare to end. I wanted everyone to kill me so this game could end! I didn’t deserve to live anymore!!! I still don’t!! And you people still let me live!!!

But… at the brink of my despair, when I realized I wasn’t going to die, I finally found my light.

I hatched a plan of my own. To force the game to end, I needed to steal that shard, and overpower the rabbit with the might of its endgame criteria, and my own “mastermind” status. Someone else could have gotten it before me, and I could have let them go happily. But… it became clear that no one would have been able to. Towards the end of the night… I fled towards the exhibit.

Garett Tarlow

I exploited the pressure plate under the tip jar in the gift shop to disarm the harpoon. Without doing that, I would have been electrocuted.
I splattered the figurehead’s camera with one of my stickers’ abilities, to avoid getting hosed.
I’d brought a can of my partner’s favourite deodorant, Z-oderant, to take care of the lasers, only to find someone else had done it for me. They’re on a nightly pattern of constellations, and tonight’s… was Perseus... the slayer of sea monsters...

…then I grabbed that accursed shard, and left.

Garett Tarlow

I… can’t imagine my partner stealing anything. They would be so ashamed of me. But… I’m ashamed of them more.

In the end, I couldn’t go through with it. I couldn’t watch someone die again. I tried to stop this execution. I tried to confess my guilt. The rabbit threatened me with a fate worse than death if I tried anything to tamper with my victory.

…I-I did it anyway. A show of my own courage, without anyone else. If finally finding my strength is what gets me killed, so be it. My blind trust has caused so much pain for everyone… and I don’t want people to forgive me for what I’ve done, I just want everyone to survive…

Whatever happens to me… if you make it off of here… and if you see Mazza Moretti…

Garett Tarlow

…tell them… I- I hate their guts...!

Night 5 will begin soon.

10th Doctor

Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Her
1660067663474.png

Garett, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I've seen situations like this before. You try so desperately to do the right thing, and yet the only option is the wrong one.

I...

I've been in a situation like this before. The consequences weren't too different...

I...I guess said that to say this...

...you are not alone.

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
The passengers and crew of the S.S. Cetus stand together on the Event Deck as the setting sun, just barely peeking over the horizon, threatens to complete its descent. Grey clouds gather in the skies above, covering most of the orange-tinted atmosphere, a rain as heavy as Garett's tears leaking from them, pouding the vessel and those aboard. The waves churn, and the winds howl. Some small decorations still managing to cling onto the event deck are blown away, carried off by the incoming gale, but, for a ship beset for days by the Ultimate Doom, the storm is hardly challenging to withstand.

As the deluge picks up, Cel, ultimately, steps forward before anyone else, walking over to Garett, a weary expression on her face, but one with no trace of wariness to be found.

Cel Winters

…Garett, we’re going to get you off this boat, and you’re going to make them pay for what they’ve done.

Vicia Adzuki

Oh, really darling, don’t cry like that. Getting me emotionally attached will make it harder to sue you for damages when we finally leave this dreadful boat.

Vicia Adzuki

Even if you throw wondrous galas, your little… inadequacy has sent my stress lines into overdrive, and my plastic surgeons aren’t cheap, darling.

Vicia Adzuki

Oh, and look, rain. Simply marvellous how this cruise ship promised so much and delivered so little. Comet viewing under a downpour, anyone? Thought not.

Cel Winters

Would you kindly CAN IT, princess!

Vicia Adzuki

Just try and touch me, Cel.

MB-Kusagi

Ah yes, a very touching story, but! You know, in the end, does it really matter what caused you to do this? This game was always destined to occur, you really just played right into the hands of my benefactor. Tug at certain strings of fate, and you can turn an innocent man into a ruthless mastermind against his will, ‘k. You were chosen for this, Garett. In fact, they wanted you to win. The cards were stacked to make it so, and you chose to fold at every step of the way.

MB-Kusagi

But, I’ll let you in on a little secret to these games. Even while you were resisting it, your plan was fruitless from its conception. Even without a mastermind, I can run autonomously, ‘k? In fact, at this point, I’ve been pretty much doing that from the start, kyuyuyuyu! Sorry, you little snivelling baby! Despite your tears, it was all for nothing! Kyuyuyu…!

MB-Kusagi

Your orders mean nothing to me if I want the game to go on, ‘k? Shmathers, Berdley, whatever you wanna call him is dead! I swear, we have weird stowaways or fake identities crawling out of all corners of this ship. You remember inviting that echidna guy? I don’t, ‘k.

MB-Kusagi

So, listen up, ‘k? After I throw this utter fool to the brig and force him to watch you kill each other as an excruciating reminder of how much he messed this up for himself, this game’s going to go on until all of you are dead, or one of you takes that shard. You want to prove your bloodline’s worthiness to my benefactor, you just witnessed the strongest mage here fail to succeed because he’s a spineless coward! Now’s your chance, ‘k!

MB-Kusagi

It’s your chance to be a big-

The winds? The waves? The rain? To the marvellous ship S.S. Cetus, captained and loved by Fairbanks, they're all trivial. All remains in place in its interior… until, suddenly, all at once, books tumble to the ground in the library, snowglobes shatter in Ishmael's Gift Shop as they hit the floor.

All at once, the ship shudders, and a resounding crashing sound rings out, reverberating up from the first deck, the rumbling spreading through the vessel itself, each and every passenger feeling it spread through their bodies, hearts almost skipping a beat. Not a word is uttered in the immediate moment, but the look of sheer terror in Fairbanks' eyes, trembling as they are, communicates everything in an instant. The Ultimate Doom had finally struck at the engines.

MB-K lets out a terrifying shriek, like that of a wounded deer.

Captain Fairbanks

…Cel, narr… yer plan seems to have worked.

Cel Winters

The coup de grâce! Hahahah!

Sensing an opportunity, it takes only seconds for Cel, rushing to the bridge, to jump into action. From the sides of the vessel, cannons emerge, the S.S. Cetus looking more and more like an old ship of the line as the weapons engage and tentacles begin to pierce its hull at various points, shredding through steel, leaving gaping holes above the waterline through which the rains come in. The cannons begin to fire, artillery striking tentacles, explosions lighting up the night sky, vying for attention with roaring lightning. For every hit the Cetus scores, however, it takes two in return, the Ultimate Doom proving well-equipped to handle the explosions, which, while leaving holes in its larger tentacles and leaving blackened scorch marks on the beast, fail to make it retreat.

On the event deck, the water of the pool begins to drain. Filters and pumps work overtime, draining the seawater spilling over the edge of the deck and threatening to fill the pool again and the collecting rainwaters alike. The machines mercilessly drain the water away, pool machinery down below redirecting it, emergency valves opening up to take it out of its closed loop and to funnel it towards the bilge systems to expel it.

Captain Fairbanks

Yahahah! Th’ ol’ girl’s still got it in her!

In place of all of the water, a turret rises. Fairbanks lumbers over to the machine, a raw look of determination in his eyes only partially able to mask the grief, the memories flooding back. Swallowing hard, he steadies his hand and hardens his heart, reaching for the turret, taking aim at a tentacle lashing out above the waters to the forward side of the vessel, where the volley of artillery can't reach it.

The fight he’d been waiting for had begun.

MB-Kusagi

You…! ~$7.UqLH>QikM|!SLES2(bAz_O%qK=apA~r; YOU woUldn’t…!

Cel Winters

Hahahaha! It’s glorious! The artillery, the explosions!

Cel Winters

You little shitrabbit, I’ve got you now. Taking out our engine, the source of yours and our operating system, was a risk, but the only answer we had. It was absolutely possible that we would have disabled our weapon systems with it, but as luck would have it! Ahahahah! Who needs a rabbit’s foot!?

MB-Kusagi

NullSectorInput NullTextPrompt #ERROR DjC2gvsk-G/!87h/i\P8zlc%s,13CG4R7~B(~dN

Cel Winters

Now that we’re in control again, we’re going to stop the Ultimate Doom from attacking the boat, take you out, and evacuate everyone to safety! Everyone, stay on board, and don’t go below deck!

MB-Kusagi

Too many- Too many ch-ch-change- change- change- change- change- change - ABORTING REStarT Error45: too many tentacles in—- $./Oq$`c+6HtK:Q)>l<R6j|{aGW_ VOWELQUOTA OVERFLOW: Too many Es!

Cel Winters

I know you can’t feel pain with that robotic body of yours, but I hope you suffer! I swore I’d take you apart! And here we are, finally. I’m going to make your benefactor understand the truth of robotic genius when I disassemble you, and reprogram you to serve coffee instead!

MB-Kusagi

INITIALISING eNdGAME SeQUENCE: acceptedVAR: CHAOSNIGHT

Cel Winters

…!

Like a cornered animal, MB-K launches at Garett, grabbing Invoker and ENA at the same time, knocking the latter two out with a single ram of its head, before fleeing towards the lower decks with all three in tow.

Garett Tarlow

Cel!!! Anyone!!! Help!!!!

Garett’s screaming becomes more and more distant as he’s dragged further and further to the Brig, and to his almost certain doom.

A lone tentacle rises above the bow of the ship. The tentacle rises even higher, a mixture of blood and saltwater dripping from it, and positions itself over the pool, over Fairbanks himself… only to crumple and retreat back as a harpoon pierces it, fired from the turret.

Before the tentacle can return to the safety of the water, Fairbanks fires another harpoon, his aim true despite the gales, despite the rocking of the ship, the way the Cetus lurches with every blow it takes.

Captain Fairbanks

TAKE THAT, YE DEMON OF TH’ BLACK ABYSS! ’VE BEEN WAITING FOR 30 YEARS FOR THIS…. YAHAHA!

Captain Fairbanks

Cel! Th’ Doom’s weakened! If they can help fight, have them fight for their lives! Take up arms!

Vicia Adzuki

…No. Thank you darling. I’m getting off this boat, now. Despite whatever you say about saving everyone, the only person I care about saving truly is me. …and my fans, I suppose. Ohoho!

Vicia Adzuki

(If everyone dies here, no one could possibly learn the truth… my fame is still secured. I’ll be hailed as the sole survivor of the S.S. Cetus tragedy. A woman scarred by the screams of the people she tried to save… her experiences sung in an album that tops the charts worldwide…! I won’t need that wretched crown! My fame is secured!)

Vicia Adzuki

All of my loving fans, be sure to meet in Lifeboat number 1! We’ll be leaving together to watch the rest of you drown over champagne and charcuterie. I’ll make it an evacuation worth remembering, darlings.

Cel Winters

Oh no you don’t. Those lifeboats aren’t getting lowered until we can safely evacuate, otherwise the squid will kill us all before we even make it anywhere to send out a distress call.

Cel Winters

Try to go through me, and I’ll punch your ticket to get on board, alright. But first, I'm off to save Garett and the others, love.

MB-K returns, though this time, he’s holding Shmather’s body. With an eerie tilt of its head, and a silence punctuated by rain and yells from Fairbanks’ fight with the Ultimate Doom, it lets out something resembling a word, but not in any understandable language.

MB-Kusagi

▨▥◫◲.

Terrified, Berdley stops pretending to play dead. He’d done a great job keeping silent the whole time, trying to be cool and wait for the right moment to whisk the nice green lady off of her feet to safety.

He’d felt the jab from the proximity bracelet. He’d begun to see the vision, but all of it stopped on Garett’s command. MB-K really did have to listen to him.

And yet… now, something… strange was… happening…. The visions were flooding back, but less formulated. Less concentrated. All manner of possibilities of death clashed in his mind, overlapping and infinite. A splitting headache tore through his mind. His soul couldn’t handle it. He felt power surging through his body, pushing it to its very limits. Being mislynched for a crime he didn’t commit. Always being sussed, but never voted out until now… An immense anger began to stir within. An overwhelming amount of malice, contempt, despair, until it began pouring out of his body.

MB-K lets go of Berdley as he begins to emit a sinister aura. Fairbanks breaks his concentration, and turns his back in horror.

Captain Fairbanks

…! It can’t be…!

The visions of the red light, of stars beyond our skies, of fates untold, consume him entirely. He was no longer Berdley… or Shmathers… but a ruthless killing machine.

At the bow, over the distant horizon, Sargasso Vermelha turns the clouds in the sky a deep crimson. The final night on the S.S. Cetus had begun.

Attention, passengers and crew members on the S.S. Cetus! It is now night 5!

Submit your night actions, by sending them privately to Hooded Pitohui, Lakituthequick, and GBA, before

• The Ultimate Doom is sinking the ship! You have to escape to the lifeboats! While Fairbanks battles the Ultimate Doom, Cel is the only crew member who is able to lower the lifeboats. If she dies, there will be more casualties than expected. You can submit limited actions for what you want to do tonight, which must include getting to the lifeboats if you want to live. Killing other players and bonding with NPCs are both possible tonight. Be wary of how much you bring or how much you do, there are only four lifeboats, and limited time.
  • As the night progresses, decks become inaccessible! The water is rising, and rooms are beginning to flood from below! However, over time, more areas will become inaccessible, so whatever you do, don’t get trapped by the rising waters or caught by the tentacles!
  • Up above, the Ultimate Doom is launching an all-out assault! As the kraken is weakened, you can also choose to help Fairbanks fight the squid to ensure your safety by targeting one of the areas it’s attacking with whatever you have! The more it’s weakened by your attempts, the more likely it is you’ll escape!
  • Shmathers (InsaneBlathers) has been Cometstruck! A mysterious influence has taken his spirit hold, and he’s gone berserk. His stats have been massively increased for tonight. You either need to defend yourself or flee, and as he is no longer influenced by the Killing Game, he’s free to kill as many people as he likes!
  • Because she got away with murder, Franziska von Karma (fantanoice) is immune to all kills! Unless she takes her own life, she is guaranteed to reach the lifeboats alive.
  • Garett Tarlow, ENA (Roserade), and Invoker (Vruet) have been brigged as a result of the Day 4 incentives! They will be released just before deck 1 becomes inaccessible and have been imbursed with the Jailbird status effect.
  • Players who submitted a kill attempt on Night 4 are immune to player kill attempts! They are not immune to kills from The Ultimate Doom or Shmathers.
  • At least one person will die! Be as prepared as you can within your actions to prevent yourself from dying.
  • MB-K is experiencing some, squid changes. While he's fighting off his malfunctions, he will be vulnerable, but how long will that last?

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour!

Farewell, honourable S.S. Cetus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buggy the Clown

Ace Captain
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
question.png

*skwɔːk* ɪt əˈpɪəz maɪ ˈraɪvəlz ɑː ˈpʊlɪŋ aʊt ɔːl ðə stɒps tuː prɪˈvɛnt miː frɒm əbˈteɪnɪŋ maɪ gəʊl... wɛl, tuː kæn pleɪ æt ðæt. prɪˈpeə jɔːˈsɛlf fɔː maɪ məʊst ˈfɔːmɪdəbl ˈæsɛt!

who is it.png

I've heard... you have a rogue AI making you kill each other... don't worry...

vera2.0.png

...that won't be a problem for much longer.

ENA

GOD RACE
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/they
MarioWiki
Roserade
Ooohhh... Where... Am I? My head hurts... This floor is so cold...

Wait... Is this... The brig...?

H-Hold on! There's been a mistake! I didn't do anything wrong! The ship is going to sink!! You've gotta let me out!!

unknown-17.png

HELP!! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?! LET ME OUT!! CAPTAIN FAIRBANKS, YOU'VE GOTTA HELP ME!! CAPTAIN!! CAAAAPTAAAAIN!!!

10th Doctor

Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Her
1660228022035.png

". . ."

The Doctor stands in the rapidly sinking ship, frozen in place due to fear, though he would not willingly admit so.

1660228091224.png

The Doctor takes time to reminisce on some less than pleasant memories. He understands that wherever he ends up, that there will be a disaster. He also understands that he made a promise when he chose his name. The promise of fixing whatever whatever problem he will face, no matter how big or small.

"Never cruel, or cowardly..."

"...Never give up. Never give in."

He repeats the promise that he made when he chose the name of "The Doctor". He realizes that now, maybe more than ever, he needs that promise.

Taking a deep breath, the Doctor starts to move again, keeping his promise.

1660228733068.png

"ALLONS-Y!"

Sherlock Hemlock

That's what I call hamburgers
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
View attachment 28543

And so ends another thrilling Mysterious Mystery i'm your host Vincent Twice Vincent Twice saying
JESUS SHERLOCK THE SHIP IS SINKING FORGET ABOUT THE VOWELS AND GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE.
No my dear Vincent Twice Vincent Twice I shall not flee, Tonight I Sherlock Hemlock the World's Greatest Detective shall be solving the mystery of how to kill a Kraken!

ENA

GOD RACE
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/they
MarioWiki
Roserade

ena_gif_5.gif

Mr. Voker... While we're enraptured in our capture, I pray you won't mind... I wish to confess to some of my flaws, perhaps in hopes of atoning for them.

I am overemotional. I regularly place others upon a pedestal far above me. I cannot seem to stop blabbering towards those who could not care less about what I have to say.

I do not feel I have been the greatest friend to others.

Moony shines so brilliantly, and I glimmer as little as a stone beside her. I've ruined her birthday parties, interrupted her alone time, and once, I even drank the last of her special herbal tea that I knew was so precious to her. I am not owed the forgiveness she provides. Were I some other soul, she would have cast me aside, like a fishing line, a long time ago... Why she keeps me around, I cannot say.

When I saw all those people lining up to enter the vessel, there were sparkles in my eyes! So many new faces... Perhaps this would be my opportunity for the freshest of starts with friendship. And yet, instead, I have been nothing but bad! I kept secrets from everyone. I could not solve cases like the great detective I promised to be. I failed to protect Mr. Sirius when I was present for the incident. ...And most
heart-wrenching of all, I betrayed the trust of Captain Fairbanks, and I'm uncertain if forgiveness is ever written in our stars. I don't blame him if he hates me forever...

I am swearing fiercely to you right now, Mr. Voker, and to everyone else on this ship, that if I survive this horrific ordeal, I will strive to be better. A better leader, a better companion, a better partner. I will make up for what I have done, and I will exist in others' minds as the little ENA who could.

That's all I wished to say. Thank you for listening, if you chose to. We can shift directions now, I promise.

Would you happen to have any playing cards? Moony taught me this glamorous game ages ago called Hearts. I always found it impressive how she played with no arms!

... Do you hear sniffling coming from the other cell?

Status
Not open for further replies.