AKGO: The Journey of the S.S. Cetus - Night 5 - Comet Trail, Holy Grail

Sherlock Hemlock

That's what I call hamburgers
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Egad Garret
you were handing out masks
Did you possibly hand a mask out to the unkept man?

Lakituthequick

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Following up on my previous investigations, I will search storage for barbells.
There are no barbells in storage.

While he does that, I'll search sports equipment for missing barbells.
You do find barbells in sports equipment, but one of them is missing.

Has anything thrown overboard washed up in waterworks?
Cel lets you check the waterworks, specifically filters for the water intake. It seems that, indeed, some messy blob of materials has washed in. It seems to consist of cloth, ropes, cardboard, and hair.

Egad Garret
you were handing out masks
Did you possibly hand a mask out to the unkept man?

Garett Tarlow

Now you mention it, I did see them coming down the slide, but they were already wearing a mask.

Rainbow Smash

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Smasher
Wow, this is really happening, huh? My life was pretty normal just a couple days ago, but now...two of us are dead, and two of us are really...killers? Why is this happening to us?

Well...I'm going to be strong! I'm sure we'll be able to bring justice for Chaolan and Peridot! And since my attempt didn't work out, I get to tell you everything that happened to me last night.

I woke up, grabbed my bow and arrows I borrowed when I first got here, and went toward the event deck, and on my way I met up with Cel, as she came from the stairs. We went to the deck together, where I also met with Garett. After having a nice chat with both of them, I looked over the side of the rails to see if I could give that squid a piece of my mind! He was nowhere to be seen, though. Cel accidentally dropped a box, while I was doing this, and suddenly...

Vicia came out of the balcony and started shooting at her! She threw her microphone too! But Cel wasn't having any of it. She fired a harpoon at Vicia, which just narrowly missed her. It was AWESOME! Vicia was so frightened that she ran right back where she came from, and at that point I figured it was probably best if I left Cel to calm down.

After we were done in there, I took the elevator down to deck 1 and went for the laundry room to pick out a nice dress. Normally I don't see the need, but even I'll dress up for something fancy like the masquerade. I passed by Invoker as I left, and I went upstairs and into the library. I wanted to catch up on a little more Daring Do, of course, but I also wanted to see if I could get some information on where we were, exactly. When I got there, Polly's companion, Mr... Butts? Was that it? He was here with a box on his head and he had another one with him. He left a bit after I got here, and then a bit after that, someone covered entirely in a red costume walked in and looked for a heavy book, and then...

They tried to kill me! They took the book and threw it straight towards my head! Of course, I was looking right at them when they, so it didn't go well for them. I just grabbed the book and threw it right back, catching them off guard and knocking them out. With them out of commission, I had to unmask them, and it was actually...Sherlock Hemlock. Come on, dude, this is my first case! Couldn't you have at least given me another night before trying to take me out?

Anyway, with that done, I went back upstairs as I passed by Shmathers going down. I went to the event deck, joined by Polly's companion, and attended the masquerade! Garett gave me a red baroque mask, while Mr. Butts already had a custom-made black one, so Garett let him use it. Looking around, Cel was also here, as was Invoker, who chose not to wear a mask. Among the masked people here were blue feathered mask, yellow baroque mask, green butterfly mask, and some unknown figure at the bow that I could not identify at all apart from having an entirely unique mask. Not long after that, a second blue feathered mask entered. The black mask then started poking the yellow one with a dinner knife, as the originally blue feathered mask left.

And after this, it went downhill pretty fast, and I unfortunately can't say I didn't help with that. The yellow butterfly mask entered, but then their pants burst into flames. Something fell out of their pocket as they jumped into the pool to extinguish themselves, and it just exploded into pink paint! The unknown bow figure ran off at this point.

And then...it was time for my plan. I hid in the back a bit, and aimed for the yellow baroque mask. I wasn't happy about it, but you heard the rabbit, we all had to! Luckily for them, they moved out of the way right as I fired, so it flew right past and instead I landed a bullseye on the slide. They turned to stare at me, and since my attempt failed...it was time to run! I fled from the deck and ditched the mask.

Once I got out, I also got shot at, though the shot wasn't even close to hitting me. Lee Chaolan, still alive at this point, was here with a colorful paintball gun. I let him be, though. After my attempt failed, I needed to meditate and try to get my mind off things, so I went to...well, meditation! It helped a lot. I might have done a little screaming while I was there too. And I also checked the medical center since it was right next door. Really I just wanted to see if there medicine that would help wake me up from this nightmare. There wasn't, unfortunately.

And once I was done in there, I just went back to my cabin for the night. Sorry it took so long to get this out!

ENA

GOD RACE
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/they
MarioWiki
Roserade
temptation-stairway-ena (1).gif
. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

ena_gif_5.gif

I am... Very sorry for that interruption. Let us proceed without worry. There is a... Mystery to solve.

I wish to inspect the rope found washed up and compare it to the rope tied around poor Peridot.

Mr. Bunny, do you know if the green body has been repositioned? Perhaps by your paws, or the kraken's will?

Lakituthequick

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
I wish to inspect the rope found washed up and compare it to the rope tied around poor Peridot.
Inspecting the rope that was washed up in the waterworks, it appears that it is not so much a single rope, but rather a mesh of multiple. A net, if you will.

Mr. Bunny, do you know if the green body has been repositioned? Perhaps by your paws, or the kraken's will?
MB-Kusagi

I would never intervene with a good murder… Kyuyuyu!

MB-Kusagi

But whether my friend down there has the same policy… I would not recommend getting your toes wet, 'k? Clearly the green gem didn't listen to that advise.

Invoker

What joy it is beholding me!
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Vruet
Check Muktuk for knives, and compare them to Lee's stab wound.
Check the starboard and port walkways on deck 2 for signs of a struggle
Check the fuse boxes in electrical, is there anything noticeably wrong/out of place with them?

Last edited:

Lakituthequick

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Check Muktuk for knives, and compare them to Lee's stab wound.
You check the tables in Muktuk. One of the tables is missing a dinner knife. Comparing one of the knives that haven't been taken, you don't see a match between it and the wounds on the victim.

Check the starboard and port walkways on deck 2 for signs of a struggle
Nothing appears out of the ordinary on the deck 2 walkways.

Lakituthequick

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Check the fuse boxes in electrical, is there anything noticeably wrong/out of place with them?
Cel Winters

Hpmh. Someone blew half the fuses belonging to deck 1 last night. All the lights were off. I fixed them. Otherwise the fuse boxes are in order.

Invoker

Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Vruet
Check Medical Supplies/Morgue for scalpels and compare them to Lee's stab wound.
Give the Sports Deck a general look-over, see if anything immediately catches my eye as being disturbed.

Lakituthequick

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Check Medical Supplies/Morgue for scalpels and compare them to Lee's stab wound.
You check for scalpels in the medical centre. It seems that in a nice drawer with slots for the scalpels, there is one slot empty. You use another scalpel to compare to Lee's wounds, but it is not a match.

Give the Sports Deck a general look-over, see if anything immediately catches my eye as being disturbed.
A few paint streaks from the paintball event remain, but that aside, there is a stinky cheese on the edge of the spa, and there is a toaster on the ground near the spa that is plugged into the wall with an extension cord.

Invoker

Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Vruet
If possible, I will look down at the sides of the boat, looking for any damage/marks.
In addition, I would like to check the rooms of both victims.
Compare the paint on Peridot's corpse to the painted cabin doors, is it the same shade?
Check the VIP cabin, the Workshop, and Storage for missing paint(s).

Rainbow Smash

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Smasher
Check event deck storage and sports equipment for missing paint

Sherlock Hemlock

That's what I call hamburgers
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Egad of course
I'd like permission to check the anchory for hidden weapons (and vowels)
Perhaps the killer stashed the weapon in one of the crew rooms

Rohan Kishibe

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him

Vicia Adzuki

Well darlings, my night was… vivacious, to say the least. Being forced to murder is incredibly low-class, so wanted to get it out of the way and return to my night of exclusivity. Remaining dignified in the face of brutality, I donned my evening gown and headed out onto the bridge. My luscious hair was picked up by the sea breeze. The view is exquisite at least. You can clearly see everyone on the event deck, and the dance floor for that wretched ball was right below.

Vicia Adzuki

Without hesitation, I hurled the heaviest microphone I could find at the first person I could see. I didn’t care who. From that height, it would have knocked them clean out and been oh-so-simple to finish them off shortly thereafter with a follow-up blow from one of my stilettos. I keep them sharpened just in case, ohohoho!

Vicia Adzuki

As if I were to blame, that person retaliated by shooting a harpoon at me! Me! Unbelievable! It missed, but it tore a nasty hole in my dress! A few inches to the left and it could have ended my career then and there! Ugh!

Vicia Adzuki

I returned to my cabin, my dress ruined, so I had to find a new outfit for the night’s events. After all, I had fans waiting for me, but they could keep waiting a little longer, ohoho!

Vicia Adzuki

Hmph! As if one attempt on my life wasn’t enough, a short while later you savages blew up the hallway right outside! My patience is even thinner than my figure, darling, and I wasn’t sticking around to get picked off.

Vicia Adzuki

Even if I wasn’t completely satisfied with my outfit, I left my room immediately after that, heading to the elevators. They took their precious time to arrive, and someone with an oh-so-forgettable face carrying a bunch of strange equipment went to the bathroom while I was at the elevator doors. I headed down to the lower deck, waiting to give one of my fans a star-struck encounter in the Deep Sea Lookout.

Vicia Adzuki

Well darlings, it certainly took a lot longer than you’d think for someone of my calibre to have an admirer finally show up. It seemed even the giant squid outside was vigorously dancing with someone! How could I get upstaged by a beast like that!? I kept waiting…

Vicia Adzuki

…then the lights went out! Ugh! I was verifiably LIVID. This vessel’s maintenance is terrible, from clogged drains to inconsistent lighting. I’m surprised they haven’t decommissioned this ship entirely! I can’t wait to drag Starline through online reviews as soon as we’re back on land. It’s as if Cel is the only one on this ship who can fix anything!

Vicia Adzuki

But… I guess it was kind of romantic. An admirer came to me in the middle of the darkness, and whispered sweet nothings into my ear. I was given a gift too! A mysterious mask… far better than the ones from the ball. But, my heart remains locked, ohohoho!. That accostment was kind of creepy. They departed after that, and shortly after, the lights went back on. Ms. von Karma tried to follow up that display, and we had an… interesting conversation, darlings.

Vicia Adzuki

After that, it seemed time to retire to my cabin, but not after getting a good look at that shard. I left with Ms. von Karma, and she departed on Deck 3, before I realised I needed to press the button for Deck 2, so I hastily did so.

Vicia Adzuki

I took a brief look around the exhibit. It’s… gaudy, darlings. Nautical history and weaponry? Sea shanties about the comet? Some ancient society with rather ugly technology? The shard itself isn’t even a rich cerulean, more of an off-indigo. After that, I went back to my cabin, and slept for the night. Hearing the ball was a disaster this morning was music to my ears, ohohohoho!

Last edited:

Invoker

Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Vruet
I will investigate both 4th floor bathrooms, looking for anything generally out of place.

Polly

Ace Parrot
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
present my dinner knife to the group, allow them to compare it to stab wounds or any other practical demonstrations

examine the washed up hair and cloth, both in general but also in reference to the unkempt figure spotted at the party last night i.e. could these be the same clothes, or is it different?

Rohan Kishibe

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him

Cel Winters

Right, I’ll make this as quick as I can. I shot at Vicia. That ditz deserved it for trying to brain me with a microphone. I got the harpoon from Fairbanks in order to fight off the doom tonight at the event, then made my way downstairs again, stopping to talk with a few people on my way there.

Cel Winters

I was helping to finalise the setup for the event, and was moving some heavy boxes, when I dropped one. That’s when our little exchange of gifts happened. Vicia got me a microphone, I got her a new outfit. Clearly she loved it! She immediately ran inside to accessorise, and I was able to get back to work.

Cel Winters

Nothing personal, love. Or maybe it is, since you think I can’t run this ship by myself!

Cel Winters

At the event, there were a bunch of visitors coming and going, but luckily the doom didn’t show up to ruin it. You all have a fair log of what happened at the event, so I won’t dwell on it either. Optimisation and all. I will say, something unusual caught my eye on the bridge. I don't recall setting up decorations up there, but it wasn’t very well lit, and when I went to get a better look at it, the paint explosion happened.

Cel Winters

...suffice to say the event ended after that. While I was cleaning up, was interrogated about vowels and the ships cargo again for a short time, but I brushed him off, assuring that strange detective I’d look into it further later.

Cel Winters

In fact, when I went down there, it turned out someone had been playing around with my fuse boxes! The whole lower deck was in darkness! I took out my flashlight and begun observing some of the rooms as I made my way to Electrical, trying to find anyone I could yell at. The crew common room seemed ordinary, but when I checked the bathrooms, I saw a total mess. At one end of the room, near the door, was a bunch of broken glass, and then tossed aside haphazardly further inside was a bloodied knife and a strange ghost outfit, but no one around.

Cel Winters

I could hear laughter coming from the Deep Sea Lookout, so I knew that ditz would be in there. I decided to spare myself the encounter, and opened the door to electrical to get things back in order. Someone had left a puddle of melted wax on the ground here, and the room smelled of burning fibre, or something. I fixed the fuses and headed to the motor room.

Cel Winters

The motor was alone, and I could hear her chugging along quite smoothly, despite her operating systems being overrun by that shitrabbit. Bless. We tend to keep unnecessary cargo in here to save space, as storage is only so big. I took a look around to ensure everything was as listed on the inventory, but what took me by surprise were a bunch of large, unlabelled crates.

Cel Winters

I cracked them open, and inside were jewels, pottery, expensive objects and other contraband like dried fabafian legumes by the bulk. But what was oddly out of place amongst all of this were crates of papers. It seems Starline Cruises is complicit in this as well. Modified ship logs disguise this boat heading into other ports during seasonal downtime, right under my damn nose. It’s all… disgusting, really.

Cel Winters

There were other documents in there as well... relating to a particularly recent incident in Fabafa. I can’t understand why they’d leave all of this lying around… unless Starline was looking to get rid of it for good. I gathered as much as I could to go over it later, keeping them on me for safekeeping. After these murders are dealt with, I’ll present what I found... Ms. Fasolich.

Vicia Adzuki

...!

Cel Winters

I nodded off in the Crew Quarters thereafter. If I find out which one of you caused this blackout, I won’t hesitate to make you clean every bathroom on this vessel!

ENA

GOD RACE
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/they
MarioWiki
Roserade
EnKI2aNUcAA3x36.jpg

Well.

That information is certainly helpful to know.

I shall investigate the basement bathroom at large.

Invoker

Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Vruet
Investigate laundry for any missing clothing or sheets, as well as a general look around for any debris from Franziska von Karma's claimed trap
Present my tuxedo that I am wearing for inspection

Last edited:

Rainbow Smash

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Smasher