AKGO: The Voyage of the S.S. Circinus - Night Five - In the Eye of the Storm

Auburn

Polly Geist
Pronouns
He/him
Ask Fern or Mazza where rope similar to the one hanging from the Deck 4 Balcony to the sunning deck on Deck 3 might be found.

Snack

🌻Ashita wa nanika ga kawaru ka na?
On top of that I'll take Polly's bet and get the same tools she did, dump out the garbage bag on stage, and see how long it takes me to get everything back in it. How does it compare to the time between I saw her step off the elevator and the time of Fielder's broadcast? Would I likely still be cleaning by the time Fielder spoke if I was working at a normal pace?

Auburn

Polly Geist
Pronouns
He/him
If possible, I'd like to dump everything out of the trash bag and spread it out exactly how it was last night. Enomoto can do the test afterward.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Ask Fern or Mazza where rope similar to the one hanging from the Deck 4 Balcony to the sunning deck on Deck 3 might be found.
The rope like I saw? It was pretty thin, not like the Maintenance ropes. Guess you'd find it in Security!

Examine the Theater. How thoroughly or hastily does it appear to have been cleaned?
The area around and on the stage seems thoroughly clean, spotless, even, save for a single trash bag!

On top of that I'll take Polly's bet and get the same tools she did, dump out the garbage bag on stage, and see how long it takes me to get everything back in it. How does it compare to the time between I saw her step off the elevator and the time of Fielder's broadcast? Would I likely still be cleaning by the time Fielder spoke if I was working at a normal pace?
If possible, I'd like to dump everything out of the trash bag and spread it out exactly how it was last night. Enomoto can do the test afterward.
Or... well, it is for a moment. While recreating the scene exactly as it was is impossible, you make a pretty big mess that seems about right, with Brennan's body parts and plantunpowder spread all over the stage and the nearby area.

Enomoto will receive more info privately momentarily.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
"Is there anything outside Senpai's door right now? Maybe Mr. Shmaluigi was up a bit too late when he supposedly returned the costume...?"

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
"Is there anything outside Senpai's door right now? Maybe Mr. Shmaluigi was up a bit too late when he supposedly returned the costume...?"
There is nothing at all outside of Sholmes' cabin door at the moment.

Dr. R. Bushroot

Speaks for the weeds
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

"People seem to be suggesting that Ms. Geist could have been the killer. I've been hesitant to believe this because of two eye witness accounts that saw her board the elevator and move to Deck 3, AWAY from the scene of the crime shortly before it would have happened.

Surely she could not have done it while she was cleaning up the theater..."

"But then BB threw that floor plan in my face, and at first I thought she was just showing me that she has the mental faculties to draw red circles. 'Good job, BB', I was about to say, but then it dawned on me that she was trying to point out the presence of a convenient set of stairs.

They would have allowed the would-be killer to stealthily move back to the scene of the crime while everyone else thought she was at the Theater."

"Could that be true? Could Ms. Geist have lied about having been at the Theater the whole time?"

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
"So then... how long is that Balcony rope? Are there any cuts, rips, tears in it? Anything that matches up to a rope in the Waterworks...?"

Auburn

Polly Geist
Pronouns
He/him
Check the Balcony, the Bridge, and the Captain Quarter's on Deck 4 to see if anything looks particularly disturbed.

Herlock Sholmes

The Great Detective
Poll Committee
MarioWiki
Fun With Despair

Yes, I think it's time to reveal what I've been considering this whole time to the public eye.

...Mr. Shmaluigi. I've got a theory, if you'll humor me for but a single moment. You claim that you cannot show off the "Perry the Platypus" costume under any circumstances, yet we both know that's not true, don't we? Everyone who saw the platypus after all... noted that despite our assumptions, he was very much real.

And now, my Golden Phanto costume has vanished from sight entirely, with you claiming to have left it in front of my door. How curious. Nobody else knew that you would be doing this, so there would be no reason for the costume to be mysteriously missing, would there?

Now, for the theory - one that I personally don't feel is even worth wasting a deduction on: a theory that your role power allows you to absorb costumes, allowing you to transform into the depicted figure as they are in real life.

An obvious question would arise from that - namely the origin of the "Perry" costume, but with a quick look back, that becomes clear. The Perry costume was taken from the Janitorial Supplies, which we never checked, as we weren't aware that costumes were found there. We had only checked the obvious Prop Room for that!

But if that were all I had to say, I dare say I wouldn't have made this post to begin with. No, there's certainly more to the story, namely your use of this power tonight. I had left you the Golden Phanto outfit, but instead of returning it as you claim, you absorbed it, allowing you to turn into the genuine article - the Golden Phanto himself, which then led to that very calling card we see where the shard once sat.

...Now then, do me a favor and confess already, would you? I believe a deduction would be better spent on the murder at this point, than chasing your various disguises around this ship for even one moment longer than necessary when we've got a murderer afoot.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Check the Balcony, the Bridge, and the Captain Quarter's on Deck 4 to see if anything looks particularly disturbed.
You can't particularly tell if anything is disturbed on the Balcony, as there's little to disturb up here, though there do seem to be a few twisted strands of hemp on the railing.

The Bridge does appear to have been disturbed. There's cigarettes and a cup of coffee, emptied, sitting up here, nearby Sirius' corpse. The door to the Captain's Quarters is also open.

The Captain's Quarters show a lot of signs of disturbances. Storm's computer is out here, though it seems the battery has died. It looks like a bunch of buttons have been pressed, including one labeled "intercom," on a small control panel in the room.

There is also a thick rope up here, next to a costume of the Golden Phanto, laying, coiled up and crumpled up, respectively, near the bed in here.

Herlock Sholmes

The Great Detective
Poll Committee
MarioWiki
Fun With Despair

"People seem to be suggesting that Ms. Geist could have been the killer. I've been hesitant to believe this because of two eye witness accounts that saw her board the elevator and move to Deck 3, AWAY from the scene of the crime shortly before it would have happened.

Surely she could not have done it while she was cleaning up the theater..."

"But then BB threw that floor plan in my face, and at first I thought she was just showing me that she has the mental faculties to draw red circles. 'Good job, BB', I was about to say, but then it dawned on me that she was trying to point out the presence of a convenient set of stairs.

They would have allowed the would-be killer to stealthily move back to the scene of the crime while everyone else thought she was at the Theater."

"Could that be true? Could Ms. Geist have lied about having been at the Theater the whole time?"

No!

...After making my accusation towards Mr. Shmaluigi, I decided to take a look at this sequence of events myself, applying as much of my detective's intuition as I could, and despite my paradoxical attempts to accuse her of the crime earlier, I deduce that it indeed would be impossible for her to have cleaned the theater and traveled up and down between the decks in the given timeframe.

In fact, with that in mind, assuming no one involved was simply lying... it's almost evident that Ms. Geist has an alibi for the crime!

Herlock Sholmes

The Great Detective
Poll Committee
MarioWiki
Fun With Despair
There is also a thick rope up here, next to a costume of the Golden Phanto, laying, coiled up and crumpled up, respectively, near the bed in here.

Do you have any idea how long it took me to write that post just before? All my effort, invalidated in a single instant! Blown away by the winds, just like my paycheck!

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Just kidding! Let's compare the thick rope in the Captain Quarter's to the rope in Maintenace
The rope in the Captain's Quarters is a match for the rope in Maintenance in terms of thickness and material.
And, notably, a rope is missing from Maintenance.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo

"Hey, □□□□. Have you ever thought about what makes you you?"

"Huh? Well, um... my name, I guess."

"Ahaha... something you can change at the drop of a hat?
There has to be more to your identity than just a name. Like... your lineage, maybe?"

"Well, I don't know. Do you want me to ask my parents?
I'm pretty sure I'm me because I'm just... me."

"Think about it this way, then. We're here, next to each other, because we are who we are.
There's so many factors that went into that, don't you think...? If maybe even one was different, then...
...□□□□.
Do you want to understand me better?"

"...W-What's with all of the existential questions?
Shouldn't you get to sleep for work, or..."

"I want an answer. Your answer."

"...
I don't know."

"...You're not lying. You really don't know, do you?"

"I-I'm sorry--"
"Haha, it's fine. I only said I wanted your answer. You gave me that, didn't you?
□□□□. You don't have to compromise yourself for other people's happiness.
When you get more confident, and you start to realize what you want,
you'll start doing things because they make you happy.
...No matter what results from it.
I wanted you to know that."

"...
Good night, ■■■■■■."

"Good night...
□□□□."

rei2 smoke1.png

"Ahh, reintroductions...
What a pain. You've already seen me wandering around today, haven't you?
My name is... Rei, or Midori, or BBdori. At this point, I don't care too much.
I won't claim anything like "oh, I've sent your beloved BB to the garbage dump!",
or "she'll be gone within the hour!". She's asleep. Knocked out cold because of last night.
As a result... I will testify. Sigh..."

"We first called Mr. Greenwood and asked him when the power would come back on.
I figured it wasn't too suggestive to ask that directly, you see! The outage was several rooms wide.
Why suggestive...? Because I had a missive from our dearly departed Doctor Acraman...
"Set up new security for the Exhibition Hall without telling anyone."
Of course, did I want to do that? Similar to most things it seems I find myself in nowadays... I did not.
But, had to obey his will! I'm an adult with a job and all that.
...Well, anyway. Fern said he'd try. That was good enough."

"I left my cabin afterward. Mr. Shhhhhhh
enpai and Mr. Bushroot were around, so we wound up walking with them for...
...old times' sake, I suppose.
We had the same destination, anyway! Miss Acedia's cabin.
We passed Miss Polly in the Atrium when she was heading for the Forward Hall.
Then... our little group went down the Starboard Hall. BB and I split up from them to head to the Security Room.
Since it was on the way to Miss Acedia, I figured we'd better pick up a gun! So that's what we did. Simple, in-and-out.
We continued to her cabin afterward, knocked on the door, let her know it was us, the whole run-around.
It's kind of nice... I think it's a little vestige of BB rubbing off, but...
...she didn't have a second thought about letting us in.
I remember seeing BB walk me over to her on the first night, and...
How things have changed! Really."

"Mr. Bushroot has his own account of this, but we were just sitting around listening to Miss Acedia, to tell you the truth.
She had a story she was reading out to us, something about
Senpai and Bushroot sharing a bed...?
I found it almost nostalgic myself, but Miss BB thought..."

rei2 screamingcat.png

"...otherwise.
Anyway, while she was in the middle of explaining her plot, Mr. Enomoto came in.
I was pretty happy at this point! Gave me a melon chūhai and everything, and drinks for everyone else, too.
Albeit... probably since BB blurted my name out. 'Midori melon'... ugh.

Senpai went elsewhere with Miss Acedia, and the rest of us curled up on her bed and whatnot.
To respect their privacy, unlike BB... I'm sure
Senpai and Miss Acedia would rather not talk about it.
...Mr. Enomoto, you said we were Japanese, right? BB's... from the moon, she says.
But it's true, at least on my part. I'm well aware of Tanabata! Even someone like me gets a little misty-eyed thinking about it~!

Miss Acedia and
Senpai wrapped up what they were doing, then came back out to join us.
Around then... goodness, Mr. Enomoto was wrapping things up himself.

Senpai and Bushroot left first, then I left not long after. Said I might be back.
...I didn't come back, as you can probably guess!"

"Went out to the Atrium again. Saw Mr. Fielder in front of Mr. Brennan's cabin, fiddling with his 'spike strip'...
The one he felt the need to tell BB about in excruciating detail.
I mean, I'm actually very enthusiastic about that sort of thing! But ultimately, I wasn't the one hearing about it that night, was I?
I waited a bit for the elevator in the Atrium. I got on just as Mr. Fielder started coming out of the Starboard Hall, and Miss Polly was exiting the other elevator."

"...This next part is kind of really annoying to explain, so I'll be as succinct as possible! Pretend Mr. Brennan's giving you a sermon, okay?
I had to gather a bunch of materials for my new security, you see. So, I went through the Crew Quarters to Custodial Services first.
Then... Crew Lobby to Port Hall to Maintenance. Grabbed a bunch more.
Starboard Hall. Victim of the night Miss Coyle's coming out of the Engine Room, wearing those silly little earmuffs.
She comes with me to the Crew Lobby, then goes up the elevator while I go to the Kitchen and grab eeeeven mooooore thiiiiings.
Then I passed through the Lobby again to go to Emergency Supplies and grab - yes, you guessed it - more stuff.
Okay! I'm done now. And, so, being done there as well, I went into the Lobby one last time and called the elevator.
Mr. Fielder's stupid captain broadcast played over the intercom while BB was riding up.
You know, that's basically our gimmick, isn't it? Annoying radio messages. I'm the Communications Officer, not you, you big meanie...!"

"Anywaaaaaay. BB got off at deck three and ignored all of that.
She went through the Port Hall to the... Grill & Grill, now, isn't it? Considering the lack of alcohol...
Well, she grabbed one of the charcoal lighter things I told her to get from there.
Then I walked through the Aft Hall to the Herbarium, or Terrarium, or whatnot... lured some rats into cages, same with the chicken.
I left most of my supplies in the cart sitting around in the Herbarium, as you all know. Took the charcoal lighter with into the Exhibition Room.
But... the door was open. Framed by starlight, swept by the wind... were two figures on the Game Strip, silhouetted by the sky.
Aaaaaaand then they shot me. Go figure, literally! I wasn't fast enough to fire back with my own pistol.
Ahh... how horrible...
Senpai..."

"I woke up a lot later... I was alone on the Game Strip, not the Exhibition Hall, and surrounded by those poor dead animals.
I was still in pain, mind you! But I managed to pick myself up and head to bed.
I went around the Promenade, through the Port Hall, then through the elevator.
...That blood trail people've been mentioning was there on deck two. I ignored it, of course!
Maybe if I was more awake... I just wanted to get to bed, though, honestly...
So I trudged through the Port Hallway and into my room... and now, I'm here to recount such a terrifying story..."

"..."

"...

Heeeeeeey.

Hehe, you know..."

rei2bb teehee.png

"...
We've gotten pretty careless, haven't we, Senpai?"

Last edited:

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Somewhere on the S.S. Circinus...

Baaaah... How could this happen to me? Why couldn't I have it? Why couldn't it work...?

This should have been my chance to prove myself. I was supposed to finally do something without dad's help.

My ship's gone! My bartender's gone! My room's gone! My Killing Game is gone! Everything that should be mine is gone!

Is it my fault? I know what they say. I can't do anything right. I'm nothing without my dad. I'll never do anything. I'm not the failure they think I am. I can't be! I'm destined for better.

Bah! Owwww, my head! This is giving me a headache! And they're up there! Voting for a new captain like I'm the garbage everyone else thinks I am!

And you have something to do with it, don't you? I knew you were going to try to steal everything from me! I wasn't dumb enough to miss it!

But I fell for it. I never prepared. So maybe... it's my fault...

Baaaaahhhhhh......... (Pounding head... this is too much...)

A STORM IS BREWING.