The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
What of a crowbar? Would such a thing match the wound?
You go searching for a crowbar in Maintenance, but, peculiarly, it appears the ship does not normally stock crowbars.

You would need to locate a crowbar to know for certain and to run tests, but, visualizing a crowbar, it does appear it would have about the right size and shape to make and match Coyle's head wounds.

Waluigi Time

TOO BAD. WALUIGI TIME.
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him

So, last night Shmaluigi left his cabin and decided to pay a visit to Ms. Acedia. He also took the Golden Phanto costume with him to return to either Mr. Sholmes or one of his close associates, but that never panned out as you'll all find out.

Since Ms. Acedia seems to be pretty knowledgeable about detectives, Shmaluigi thought surely she's heard of him and his daring exploits, right?

Well... No.

She hasn't even heard of The 'Shroom! It was like talking to someone from another universe.

Anyway things got awkward so Shmaluigi left, seeing Dr. Bushroot leaving the Security Room and heading towards the Atrium. Shmaluigi took the stairs to the lower deck and went into the Kitchen, where he saw Mr. Enomoto leaving the Freezer. Shmaluigi grabbed a box of Wheatines cereal, and spent some time admiring it, because all the pieces of the puzzle had finally come together! You may not know this, but Shmaluigi's favorite brand of cereal isn't stocked on this ship, so he had to make it himself.

Shmaluigi and Mr. Enomoto left the Kitchen at the same time, and we went up the stairs, where Mr. Enomoto went on to the Atrium, and Shmaluigi went into the Cepheus to obtain a bowl and a knife. As he left the Cepheus, he saw Ms. Geist apparently leaving Meditation and going down the stairs.

On the way back to his cabin, Shmaluigi saw Mr. Fielder and Dr. Coyle leaving their cabins, and Mr. Fielder congratulated her for killing Mr. Brennan for some reason. Shmaluigi went into his cabin to assemble the cereal, then took it back out, seeing Mr. Fielder entering his cabin, and went upstairs. Shmaluigi's plan was to visit the newly relocated Thanos Bar to support the new management and socialize with some people, but...

Shmaluigi_vacation_sad.png

Not a single person was there! So Shmaluigi just ate his cereal... alone... in the dark... on the floor... It was kind of depressing.

Shmaluigi_vacation_thinking.png

Oh, but Mr. Fielder did come in and grabbed a bottle of tequila and went back out.

A little while later, Shmaluigi saw the door to the Promenade Game Strip open up and two figures who Shmaluigi couldn't recognize went in the direction of the Pool Deck. Based on Dr. Bushroot's testimony though, it was probably him and Mr. Sholmes, especially since Shmaluigi saw them getting in the hot tub on the Pool Deck shortly after that. Shmaluigi continued to the Sports Courts - it's been a while since he did any sporting - and the plan was to be accompanied by someone from the bar, but, you know... There was no one at the Sports Courts either, and after waiting for a bit, no one showed up, so Shmaluigi just left and took the elevator back down to the Atrium, where there was a trail of blood. But as any good detective knows, nighttime isn't made for investigating crimes!

...For some reason.

So, Shmaluigi went back to his cabin, and since he hadn't encountered anyone he had hoped to, or at least not at an opportune time anyway, he folded up the Golden Phanto costume and left it on the floor in front of Mr. Sholmes' cabin, but obviously it's been moved by someone.

So, good cereal, the rest of the night was kind of a bust.

Nathan Fielder

Celestial Guide
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
For demonstation's sake, I'll compare my table leg with the wound - does it match? How does it compare to the crowbar?

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Present crowbar to the rest of the group.
You show your crowbar to the rest of the group. It's a moderately-sized crowbar, metal, with a special MB-K logo on the bottom of the crowbar. It has no traces of blood or other substances, and looks neither particularly clean nor dirty.

For demonstation's sake, I'll compare my table leg with the wound - does it match? How does it compare to the crowbar?
You compare your table leg to the wound. While the thinner table leg does seem like it could produce the shallower, more rectangular wound, it doesn't seem as though it could make the deeper wound.

Nathan Fielder

Celestial Guide
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Let's check the Infirmary to see if we can tell if anything's been looted from the bodies, or in general.

Also let's check the dead player's cabins and see if anything has been taken from there.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Let's check the Infirmary to see if we can tell if anything's been looted from the bodies, or in general.

Also let's check the dead player's cabins and see if anything has been taken from there.
Check all the corpses in the Infirmary for crowbars specifically.
You look in the infirmary, where you find the bodies of Miss Chalice, Mr. Ashengrotto, and... well, you have Thanos in the Atrium right now. It looks like Miss Chalice is missing her access card and has a bloody crowbar with her. Mr. Ashengrotto appears to be missing his access card. There's some dust stirred up in Thanos' locker, but nothing inside.

Checking Thanos' body, it appears he has a crowbar on him.

You look in Miss Chalice's cabin, finding no crowbar.
You look in Koyanskaya's cabin, finding no crowbar.
You look in Azul's cabin, finding no crowbar.
You look in Brennan's cabin, finding there is a crowbar in here.
You look in Thanos' cabin, finding no crowbar.
It appears Coyle's cabin is currently locked and will be unlocked at the start of the night.

Going through these cabins in order... it reminds you of the lives lost and makes you consider reminiscing on your cruise.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
rei2 teehee.png

"...
If no one else is gonna volunteer, I'll happily check how fresh the blood on Miss Chalice's crowbar is! And compare it to the wound in some way, I guess...?
Though, wasn't it power-washed by the Waterworks...? Ah, poor Miss Coyle!"

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
happily check how fresh the blood on Miss Chalice's crowbar is! And compare it to the wound in some way, I guess...?
The blood on the crowbar appears quite fresh, some of it still liquid, even.

You can't really glean anything more from comparing the bloody crowbar to the wound, other than that they shape matches.

Auburn

Polly Geist
Pronouns
He/him

polly_happy.png

It's me! Lovely fan-favorite Polly!

I suppose you guys want my testimony now, right? Well... HERE. WE. GO!!!!!

My night started in Starboard Hall, as per usual. But instead of heading up or down the stairs, I went into Amenities to grab a trash bag, a black sharpie, a piece of paper, and some tape! With my loot in hand, I walked back across the hall and entered my cabin.

polly_bummed.png

I've noticed a few of you are getting awfully comfortable abusing corpses. I'm usually down for some mischief and mayhem, but after Thanos's execution and Storm's vanishing act...

I was feeling a little down, so I focused my attention into creating a "Do Not Disturb" sign for the Infirmary. But seeing as how everyone's ignoring it to bash Thanos's head in, I guess my best efforts were in vain.

polly_default.png

Oh, well. Anyway, when I finished the sign, I left my cabin and passed Sholmes, Dr. Bushroot, and BBdori in the Atrium. They all went down Starboard Hall while I walked up Foward Hall to place my custom made "Do Not Disturb" sign on the Infirmary Door. With that out of the way, I entered Meditation, and picked up the lamp from Night 2.

I left through the Foward Hall door and saw Shmaluigi leaving the Cepheus holding a bowl and a spoon heading towards the Atrium. I went down the Emergency Stairs to Deck 1 and made my way to the Garbage Room. Once there, I dumped the lamp in the incinerator and walked over to Custodial Services to inspect the leftover items in there.

When I was done, I left Custodial and went to the Crew Lobby to head back to Deck 2. As I was entering one elevator, I noticed Dr. Bushroot and Sholmes exiting the other and making their way towards the Port Hallway. I rode the elevator up a floor and entered the Atrium the same time as Nathan Fielder.

I made my way back towards my cabin to call Acedia, while Nathan entered the elevator. After Acedia answered, I left my cabin and passed Sholmes and Dr. Bushroot coming out of the Anchory.

Then Polly called and asked about coming over. She visited really shortly after that.

Thanks for that. I... needed that energy you brought.
polly_winky.png

No problem, boo! I enjoyed it as well. We should do it again sometime!

Once we finished our girl talk, I left her room and made my way to the Cleaning Supplies to grab a broom and a dustpan. Back in the Atrium, Nathan got off the elevator as Enomoto and I got on. Enomoto stayed on to ride the elevator to Deck 4, while I got off at Deck 3 just in time to see a shadowy figure (BBDori?) move down the Aft Hall. Not wanting to deal with the messes in the Aft Hall, I walked down the Foward Hall and slipped into the Mistral Theater where I spent some time cleaning the mess from Night 3. While I was cleaning, I heard Nathan Fielder announce that he was captain over the intercom.

I finished cleaning, went back down the Foward Hall to the Lobby and took the elevator back down to Deck 2. I noticed blood in the Atrium, but I ignored it like everyone else and went back to my cabin to go to sleep.

Now that that's out of the way...

Ask Fern if there are any areas on the ship that doesn't have an intercom.

Check to see if the mannequins in the prop room have been disturbed.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Ask Fern if there are any areas on the ship that doesn't have an intercom.
(No sprites because mobile)

The intercom's mighty suited for its purpose. It'd be heard from any room on the ship, even on the promenade divisions, long as the room has power.

Check to see if the mannequins in the prop room have been disturbed.
It appears they have not been disturbed at all.

Dr. R. Bushroot

Speaks for the weeds
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
This isn't going to result in anything useful, but thinking back to what Fern said, I'd like to check the power system on Deck 1 and see if I can figure out why Fern couldn't put the power back on.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
This isn't going to result in anything useful, but thinking back to what Fern said, I'd like to check the power system on Deck 1 and see if I can figure out why Fern couldn't put the power back on.
You head down to the Engine Room, grabbing some ear protection, and take a good long look at the electrical systems. They look fairly complicated. It would probably take someone with knowledge of these ships' systems to assess and repair them properly.

However, putting a little thought into what you're seeing, you do notice that power is flowing to the darkened rooms. While you don't know the exact meaning of the error code being displayed, you're able to conclude that the electrical systems are fine, so the issue must be with the electronics in the darkened rooms themselves.

Snack

🌻Ashita wa nanika ga kawaru ka na?
I'll take Fielder up on his suggestion; I'll first survey the damage in Cepheus and then get an object similar in size and weight to his metal table leg, say perhaps a golf club from Fitness, and something heavy and similar in weight to a body like a sandbag from where ever is convenient. After that, I will leave the sandbag at the start of the blood trail and then pantomime the actions Fielder would need to take if he committed the murder during the time he allegedly saw the blood trail in the empty Atrium; get off the elevators, walk to Cepheus, pantomime smashing every object that's been destroyed, sneak in to the Infirmary and retrieve Chalice's crowbar, exit to the Atrium, bash the sandbag with the crowbar, drag it to the balcony along the blood trail, dump it overboard, return to the Infirmary and return the crowbar, return to the Atrium, and take the elevator to the Bridge.

I should remember roughly how much time it was between when I saw Fielder get off the elevator and head for the forward hall and when I saw him next on the Bridge; could he have done everything he needed to within that timeframe? How much time could he have saved if he kept the crowbar on his person when he went to the Bridge and only returned it later?

Nathan Fielder

Celestial Guide
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
If I need to provide any permission/memory for the above investigation then that's fine with me.

Auburn

Polly Geist
Pronouns
He/him
Check Ms. Chalice's bloody crowbar to see if it has the same MB-K logo as Shmaluigi's.

Check the Security Room for crowbars.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
I'll take Fielder up on his suggestion; I'll first survey the damage in Cepheus and then get an object similar in size and weight to his metal table leg, say perhaps a golf club from Fitness, and something heavy and similar in weight to a body like a sandbag from where ever is convenient. After that, I will leave the sandbag at the start of the blood trail and then pantomime the actions Fielder would need to take if he committed the murder during the time he allegedly saw the blood trail in the empty Atrium; get off the elevators, walk to Cepheus, pantomime smashing every object that's been destroyed, sneak in to the Infirmary and retrieve Chalice's crowbar, exit to the Atrium, bash the sandbag with the crowbar, drag it to the balcony along the blood trail, dump it overboard, return to the Infirmary and return the crowbar, return to the Atrium, and take the elevator to the Bridge.
With Mr. Fielder's assistance, you undertake this task, deciding to use a golf club, mentally accounting for the club being a bit larger.

You perform all of this. As you are trying to recall the amount of time this took, you will be informed of your results privately in a moment.

Check the Ms. Chalice's bloody crowbar to see if it has the same MB-K logo as Shmaluigi's.
It does indeed have the same logo.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Check Kirakiraboshi for any sign of Fielder having tea there last night.
You step in Kirakiraboshi, looking around the room, very little seems disturbed in here, but there is a hearth that's still warm with a single used teabag inside.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Clean the Cepheus and see if I can find a broken coffee machine among the rubble.
You inspect the rubble in Cepheus, and, indeed, there is a broken coffee machine.

Electricity is unavailable on a whole portion of the ship, there was a corpse in the water, and now the restaurant doesn't even have a coffee machine! What kind of a lousy cruise is this?