Off-Duty Private Investigator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Hello people of the Mario Boards, it is once again time to push buttons and/or joysticks at each other because it's time for the 2022 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament! Thanks to Pitohui for allowing me to steal last year's tournament and disguise it as my own cooking.
Like last year, there will be both a 1-on-1 singles tournament and a 2-on-2 doubles tournament running simultaneously.
- 3 stocks
- 8 minutes
- Items and Final Smashes: Off
- Spirits: Off
- Stage morph and hazards: Off
- Team attack: On (for doubles)
- Final Destination
- Kalos Pokémon League
- Lylat Cruise
- Pokémon Stadium
- Pokémon Stadium 2
- Small Battlefield
- Town and City
- Unova Pokémon League
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Yoshi's Story
- All Battlefield and Omega forms of stages (with exceptions: see below)
The exceptions are the following, which are all banned regardless (except for their Battlefield/Omega forms):
- The Great Cave Offensive
- Hyrule Temple
- Mario Bros.
- Palutena's Temple
- Dream Land GB
- Duck Hunt
- Flat Zone X
- Mute City SNES
- Super Mario Maker
All fighters are allowed to be used.
- All rounds are Best-2-of-3.
- Rounds will last a week. An extension can be granted if necessary, as I know coordination can be difficult.
- Failing to partake in a fight during the time granted will result in a loss. If your partner fails to show during the time for doubles, it will have to count as a loss for the both of you. Continuing to not show up will result in tournament disqualification.
- The Single player tournament will use a Swiss system, which places people against each other based on their performance.
- The Doubles tournament will use a Round Robin system, which lets every team fight each other one time.
- These may change depending on the number of players who enter.
If you're interested in participating, please post in this thread with the following information:
- Solo sign-up
- Your forum username
- Your Switch username
- Your Switch friend code
- Time zone and times that work for you
- Team sign-ups (one person posts for the both of you)
- Both of your forum names
- Both of your Switch usernames
- Both of your Switch friend codes
- Both of your time zones and times that work for you both
- A team name for extra flare, and so I have one thing to call you by
|Forum username||Switch username||Switch friend code||Time zone and times available|
|@Shmaluigi||WT||SW-4223-0648-3321||CDT/UTC-5 (Active Hours: 11am-9pm with a few exceptions)|
|@Hooded Pitohui||Ovie Val||SW-6880-0428-3118||EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: 16:00-21:30 UTC weekdays, flexible with couple days advance notice)|
|@Sunshine Goombuigi||Luigi||SW-5622-4479-3404||CEST/UTC+2 (Active Hours: 09:00-22:00)|
|@Reigen Arataka||Luigi 64DD||SW-4184-5900-3232||CDT/UTC-5 (Active Hours: Most of the day)|
|@fantanoice||fantanoice||TBA||AEST/UTC+10 (Active Hours: Weekends or after 5pm weekdays ideal)|
|@Yoshiwaker||Ryan||SW-7606-6233-3515||EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: Most times, just ask first)|
|@Ninelevendo||Nin11do||SW-5056-6247-9414||AEST/UTC+10 (Active Hours: After 5pm most days)|
|@Meta Knight||Meta||SW-1513-5360-0639||PDT/UTC-7 (Active Hours: After 6pm weekdays, all day weekends)|
|@BEEEEEAAARRRS||toadbert||SW-5121-0331-7938||CST/UTC-6 (Active Hours: Sun-Thurs evenings, can maybe do earlier in day)|
|Team name||Forum usernames||Switch usernames||Switch friend codes||Time zones and times available|
|Mustela Knight||@Meta Knight|
|PDT/UTC-7 (Active Hours: After 6pm weekdays, all day weekends)|
EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: Generally after 3pm)
|POV the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass Experience||@Ninelevendo|
|AEST/UTC+10 (Active Hours: After 5pm most days)|
AEST/UTC+10 (Active Hours: Weekends or after 5pm weekdays ideal)
|Rogueport Rogues Redux||@Shmaluigi|
@Dimitri A. Blaiddyd
|CDT/UTC-5 (Active Hours: 11am-9pm with a few exceptions)|
ADT/UTC-3 (Active Hours: 7pm-11pm)
|she can fix us||@BEEEEEAAARRRS|
|CST/UTC-6 (Active Hours: Sun-Thurs evenings, can maybe do earlier in day)|
EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: Most times, just ask first)
|TBA - will be filled in ASAP.||@Hooded Pitohui|
|EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: 16:00-21:30 UTC weekdays, flexible with couple days advance notice)|
CDT/UTC-5 (Active Hours: Most of the day)
CEST/UTC+2 (Active Hours: 09:00-22:00)