Sonic Mania Speedrun Challenge!

Metal Knuckles

The “Metal Sonic” of the echidna set
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
OhoJeeOnFire
If you have Sonic Mania, you probably know that some levels can be completed very quickly. Choose any level from Sonic Mania, attempt to complete it as fast as possible, defeat the boss as fast as possible, and post a screenshot of your time here. Let’s see if you can beat my time of 35.92 seconds in Stardust Speedway Zone Act 2. (I wasn’t able to get a screenshot of it, though.) I should note that there aren’t any signups as long as you post a screenshot of your score here.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Hey there, OhoJee! I've got a few questions about this idea.

How long do participants have to post their time? Will there be other rounds on other stages? If so, how long does an individual round last?

Sonic Mania has been released on multiple platforms. Are any versions of Sonic Mania fair game, or is there a specific version players should be using?

You ask that players send in a screenshot of their score, but, how are you verifying their screenshot is real? I could take a screenshot of a world-record run, theoretically, and pass it off as my own. Are you running on the honor system, here?

Really, though, overall, I think there's a few details about this tournament that need fine-tuning and more thought put into them. It's to catch these kinds of things that we ask anyone planning on hosting an awards event to send a draft of their OP into the Director and Sub-Director. I'd definitely recommend at least reading this post to get an overview of how Award tournaments work so you can refine this idea a bit more, and, in the future, please do send your OP in so it can be read and we can offer you suggestions before you post it.

Metal Knuckles

The “Metal Sonic” of the echidna set
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
OhoJeeOnFire
How long do participants have to post their time?
About 2 months.
Will there be other rounds on other stages? If so, how long does an individual round last?
There will, and each round lasts 2 months.
Sonic Mania has been released on multiple platforms. Are any versions of Sonic Mania fair game, or is there a specific version players should be using?
Any version is fine.
You ask that players send in a screenshot of their score, but, how are you verifying their screenshot is real? I could take a screenshot of a world-record run, theoretically, and pass it off as my own. Are you running on the honor system, here?
I just want to make sure nobody is posting a fake time. I don’t know any method of proof, so this is the only method I can think of.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
About 2 months.
There will, and each round lasts 2 months.
See, unfortunately, this runs into a problem. While there is some leeway, Awards tournaments should run from June to August for the most part. A multi-round tournament with two month rounds is definitely going to extend past August. That's outlined in this post, which I'll again recommend you glance at. Please know we're here to help, too! I recommend taking a little time to think about this tournament and reaching out to us so we can help you refine it before you press ahead.

Metal Etemon

That's what I call hamburgers
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
You ought to just do it like a week at a time
A new level each week.

Metal Etemon

That's what I call hamburgers
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff