MarioWiki Poll Discussion

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Former 'Shroom Staff
Option 3, but considering Martinet does Mario and Luigi and Wario and Waluigi among other characters they would need to find 1 person that can seamlessly do all of them (unlikely) or hire multiple people.

An alternative is for them to use the cast of the Mario movie depending on how well it does but I'd rather not have this option

Manfred Von Karma

*beep* the metal detector!
Poll Committee
An alternative is for them to use the cast of the Mario movie depending on how well it does but I'd rather not have this option
Anything but that if Chris Pratt makes Mario sound like Starlord or Emmet; Mario should sound like Mario

GabesGabes

Goomba
MarioWiki
Gabe
I'm mixed on this. While yes option 3 would be good, you can only use the "Yah," "Wahoo," and "Yippie!" recordings for so long until they become repetitive.
Filling in couldn't hurt much. When Mel Blanc died, Warner Bros. looked for new voice actors to fill in for him, and they did as great as Blanc.

Toadgamer

Certified frog enthusiast and GAMER apparently
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
really just get someone who can do the same mario voice, while also being distinguishable enough, kinda like the contrast between ryan drummond sonic and jason griffith sonic, which is to say, not very big

Surge the Tenrec

I aim to misbehave!
Pronouns
He/She
Nintendo should cast a new voice actor whose performance is distinct from Martinet's.
Honestly, I like this. While it's more likely they'll get an imitator, I really do like Mario's old Brooklyn accent and I wanna hear more of it.