Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth in a Jar

May funny month
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
The only one I'm fully willing to believe as innocent at this moment is HP.
If Tucayo is mafia this is either:
1. bait to make us lynch Pito, they are actually innocent
2. double-bluff to get us to leave Pito alone, they are really mafia (and probably the godfather as well)

I have yet (and may not be bothered) to go back and confirm this but if Pito has been doing what GBA said (influencing the major mislynches of the game without actually leading them) then it strongly reminds me of how they played in Sheep Mafia and that's obviously a red flag
Meta is obviously unreliable but gutreading metagaming would have won WoP Mafia if I hadn't doubted myself so I'm not so quick to disregard it
I agree w/ GBA that Tucayo is the more obvious pick here though
I'd wait and see what some other people have to say before settling on anything

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
I mean, someone else could still be the remaining independent and they just for whatever reason haven't wanted to claim. I am not convinced of this and that is why I am not voting you (GBA) and I am willing to go with whomever is deemed most suspicious as I have confidence there is someone with more actionable information.

Unless death is certain for me I will not be claiming as, if we make it to tonight, I am confident I could play an important role in our favor and getting us through the night.

Rohan Kishibe

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Saying your role is important without claiming it, so the innos give you another night to live, is a classic scum tactic, especially in LyLo where this could be our last day?? If it was truly gamebreaking you'd be convinced of your importance right now and want to dissuade any doubts before things obviously pivot into your corner.

Furthermore, offering no countervote and relying on supposedly existent information to come forward? Who are you hoping, with confidence, has this information that will save your ass? Please name them so we can lynch them next, thank you

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
I won't share details of my role or hint at what I plan to do tonight unless I absolutely need it to guarantee we don't lose by lynching me, in which case I will probably be of no use in the night but at least we'll have made it to the night. (Can I share character and/or team?)

I don't know who can come forward with information, I mean there are eight of us. I won't place a vote on a hunch either, not with it being lylo.
I will continue looking back at the thread and see what I can gather. At this moment I don't have an educated vote to make.

Rohan Kishibe

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
theres like 12 hours left, over half of the remaining players havent posted, and truly i have no idea how many will

but i want to say
the fact that like every player on that day 2 list of people that would have killed perch night 1, aside from pito and turb, were killed early on still makes me think that pitos the one whos been pulling the strings by virtue of him lasting so long

of those two, pitos usually the evil mastermind archetype and only he would really be the one i'd expect to conduct some kind of master plan to cut the innos off at the kneecaps the way that has happened so far, its been done before

if hes played this game pretty much perfectly aside from the time fanta was checked by revin and sgow died to something, then kudos to him really

the remaining mafia havent jumped in to start another bandwagon or guarantee tucayos death yet so im left with nothing else to really go on

anyway, i think if anyone reading this had a hand in sgows death, please claim that youre vig already, your voice will at least be more valuable in lylo, and also everyone should vote and tucayo should claim so we can discern whether hes really as important as he says he is

Meta Knight

Power Star
Former 'Shroom Staff
GBA:
GBA's independent claim has to be true otherwise it would be 4 inno 4 mafia game over, or 5 inno 3 Mafia, which I'm pretty sure is mylo, not lylo. Waste of time to analyze him and his actions further because he shouldn't be lynched.

This leaves me with basically a 50-50 chance with the rest of you but let me analyze and get thoughts out for people to try and whittle it down.

Pito:
Pito has been actively contributing throughout the game and several times has tried to get people to speak up to say more. Has voted various people for questioning but never seeming to have the intent to get them lynched in the event that they're cooperative with his interrogation. He's most likely innocent and if not then he's playing a masterful mafia power move. I'm honestly tempted to vote for him because I can absolutely see this being something he would do and I keep second guessing myself about it but at that point it's nothing more than paranoia.

Tucky:
won't share details of my role or hint at what I plan to do tonight unless I absolutely need it to guarantee we don't lose by lynching me, in which case I will probably be of no use in the night
You're already on the chopping block, if you actually have something planned for use there's literally nothing stopping you from saying what it is, if we make a mistake or do nothing that's basically GG. You can't claim a character or team but I'm pretty sure you can claim a power?

I gave you the benefit of the doubt before but I feel like if you have had any relevant information today you should have said something initially. When I interrogated you initially you said your role wasn't much use and that you'd cooperate your actions but isn't it hard to do so if we don't have anything to go off of? I get if you were worried about revealing a role that would potentially target you but there's not really an alternative right now?

BBQ:
BBQ's actions include voting for Alex on Day 2 and claiming that Tucky was jumping votes a bit (backed off a bit the following day), and seemed on board with FWD's claim. She also thought that Mafia could be taking advantage of Oho Jee and thought he was most likely innocent. Honestly nothing she's done really sticks out as anything anti town. She's been a bit suspicious of Pito throughout the game but honestly who wouldn't be scared of the kind of 5 head level chess maneuvers he's most certainly capable of. I think she's leaning more towards town.

Turb:
Seemed pretty eager to get rid of FWD on Day 2 when he claimed independent. Of course it was a false claim and he was really innocent so it's understandable that we would be suspicious but his wording rubs me the wrong way with this:

If it's a problem I think we should deal with it now, it's not like the mafia is going to deal with it for us if his independence is more of a pain in the ass for us than it is for them. Of course, he's not going to make himself out to be a threat regardless of what his actual alignments or intentions are, but I'd still like a longer explanation for sure. He's already got two pressure votes so I'll leave it for now, but I'm down to lynch him if that's how it goes fwiw.
Again I get being worried about independents but FWD was providing valuable information and since he was actually innocent, this comes off as a bit aggressive. I know I sound like a hypocrite because I did a similar thing but I said I wouldn't lynch FWD unless he actually did something anti-town (which he never did).

Other things Turb has done is suspect SGOW for a tie vote and, rather bluntly, informed MightyMario about his involvement with the outcome of Day 3. A lot of Turb's posts in general happen not long before the phase change which I understand is probably just the only time he's able to post but also have potential to start a bandwagon on someone (not saying it's his fault necessarily, but when he voted MCD it did suddenly flip everyone into killing Oho Jee).

LTQ:
Told BBQ day 2 that Tucky hadn't said very much (he did, shit posts sure, but he did). Some day later he made a claim that independents don't have quests which... I'm not really sure what the intent was? It certainly was either to make people think FWD was mafia or innocent but if FWD really was mafia there's no way he would be posting that much information publicly, so I believe that this could have potentially exposed his identity and got him killed (even more so because FWD died that night). He was also pretty consistently against Oho Jee even though while no one said he wasn't suspicious something about the way LTQ phrases his argument and how he was saying stuff keep giving the vibe he was trying to get him lynched.

Blathers:
Meta is obviously unreliable
How dare you...

While I personally wish there was a little bit more to your thoughts you have provided things when requested and it is probably just a symptom of you being busy but... when reading your posts it just doesn't come off as mafia and I can't really explain why but I guess it's kind of a gut feeling. You were a bit flip flopping the previous day and it does come off as trying to save your own skin but I guess anyone would have done that...

Based on my gut, I believe that the Mafia are Tucky, LTQ, and Turb. Does this mean I'm right? Not necessarily that why it's just a gut instinct but I only have to be right about one right now. I want to see how Tucky answers my question but I will do my part by Voting:Tucky

Meta Knight

Power Star
Former 'Shroom Staff
I've been informed turb was referring to Alex and not FWD with his bloodthirsty independent post. Not quite changing my gut because it's 3am and 3am Meta has poor decision making but it doesn't matter because I'm not going after him right now

Lakituthequick

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
(honestly tired of playing Mafia at this point so I'm skipping cheeseposting)

LTQ:
Told BBQ day 2 that Tucky hadn't said very much (he did, shit posts sure, but he did). Some day later he made a claim that independents don't have quests which... I'm not really sure what the intent was? It certainly was either to make people think FWD was mafia or innocent but if FWD really was mafia there's no way he would be posting that much information publicly, so I believe that this could have potentially exposed his identity and got him killed (even more so because FWD died that night). He was also pretty consistently against Oho Jee even though while no one said he wasn't suspicious something about the way LTQ phrases his argument and how he was saying stuff keep giving the vibe he was trying to get him lynched.
FWD's claim of having no quests was implied here:
All I gotta do is survive to the end of the game
He later came back on this:
As for my role... yeah, you guys caught me in a bit of a lie, good job I guess. Not about my role power or alignment, but about my objective. I wasn't bullshittin' about how I've got to survive to the end, but I've got some other shit I gotta do before I reach that point, or else I don't win. I mostly just didn't want anyone fucking with my actions, because some of this shit requires some 4D mental chess to pull off and I REALLY don't wanna set some of this up twice.

You guys know about these "missions", right? Well I've got a stack of those too, namely a bunch of Interviews I gotta do with the staff to hit a point threshold. Some only give me a couple, like interviewing that "Goombuigi" character tonight, but some are higher value with some more complicated setup required, like talkin' to Dr. Rat-Face or whatever his name is while someone else is hangin' around in the same room.
I missed and/or forgot about that post, so my reaction to FWD showing up somewhere (you're referring to this post) is perfectly logical. Pito corrected me on this and I have not really doubted FWD since.

I have already explained the OhoJee thing plenty of times at this point so I'm really not going to talk about that yet again.

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
Sorry for the rushed post, I'm omw to work.

I'm the innocent jailer, I can protect someone at the expense of roleblocking them, but not myself. I don't have an upgrade yet although I hope to get it tonight.

I will vote HP. I do think there's some kind of 5D chess being played here, and from what I gather that is entirely feasible.

Darth in a Jar

May funny month
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
Sorry for the rushed post, I'm omw to work.

I'm the innocent jailer, I can protect someone at the expense of roleblocking them, but not myself. I don't have an upgrade yet although I hope to get it tonight.

I will vote HP. I do think there's some kind of 5D chess being played here, and from what I gather that is entirely feasible.
See the problem here is that, while the ideal play would be to let you live and use that power on someone to prove yourself, we can't, since it's lylo
So the best option rn is to vote tucayo and see what happens
Unless I'm missing something, idk

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
See the problem here is that, while the ideal play would be to let you live and use that power on someone to prove yourself, we can't, since it's lylo
So the best option rn is to vote tucayo and see what happens
Unless I'm missing something, idk
I mean if you lynch me we still lose, so yeah

This is a genuine question; how feasible of a strategy would it be to not lynch today in order to avoid a mislynch?

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
(It's probably not feasible at all, unfortunately. Lynch or lose means "lynch [a mafia player] or lose". If we don't get rid of a mafia member today, they will equal the innos in numbers after the nightkill. Usually - that is to say, in the post-revival games - the game would end before any chance to factor in protection/failed nightkills would come into play.)

(If we want to be extra sure we can ask @Dimitri A. Blaiddyd @Waluigi Time or Goombuigi to clarify that would be the case.)

(Anyways, so long as I'm here, have you used your role? Are you claiming it's a one-time use power, or can you give us a list of who you've used us on and when?)

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
I have used my role every night in the following order. Can't use it on the same player two consecutive nights.
N1: Revin
N2: TPG (failed)
N3: Nine
N4: Shoey
N5: HP
N6: MK (with the main intention to block rather than to protect)

Meta Knight

Power Star
Former 'Shroom Staff
How did your power fail on night 2? Do you mean to suggest you yourself were role blocked? Your claim does hold up in some ways, such as this

Someone was protected. See, this one's interesting, because as far as I know, the fucking doctor's lying dead in the ditch right now. Luckily, I think I picked up an explanation along the way.
This was on Day 3 which implies that it was due to your actions. It could have been Nine the backup but I'm not sure if he could use the same power he inherits the same phase, or if he even chose the doctor. However if FWD said that someone was protected and with the doctor dead it means that your power wasn't blocked night 2, but then how did TPG die?

I guess you won't be able to use your power tonight because the mafia will know to just kill me the person you can't use it on so we have to get this right. I will mention also since you claim to have blocked my power that I don't have a nighttime power so I wasn't actually blocked. If Pito can verify he was blocked that would be great but his role is passive so he probably can't

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
(Thanks, Tucky. I appreciate the response.)

(However, I'm afraid it only fuels my skepticism for your - oh, wow, MK posted just now, too - claim. FWD's list of activity on night one is notably devoid of any claims of protection or roleblocking. His list of activity for the next night, then, does mention someone being protected and someone being roleblocked, and the following night, he claims someone was protected but makes no claim as to someone being roleblocked. It seems odd to me that there'd be such an inconsistency in what he was being told if you were consistently using your power. And it's not as though he had any reason not to mention people getting roleblocked, at least.)

(Add on what MK said above, and I can't believe the claim.)

Meta Knight

Power Star
Former 'Shroom Staff
Also didn't Shoey say he used his power on Pito for both N4 and N5 to which he got a response of Pito did nothing? It doesn't seem like he was blocked especially if we go along with the reasoning that Pito's role is passive so that's why he did nothing, not that Shoey was blocked (I feel he would have said that specifically if that was the case)

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Also didn't Shoey say he used his power on Pito for both N4 and N5 to which he got a response of Pito did nothing? It doesn't seem like he was blocked especially if we go along with the reasoning that Pito's role is passive so that's why he did nothing, not that Shoey was blocked (I feel he would have said that specifically if that was the case)
(I thought about that, but, unless I've misread something somewhere, I don't think Shoey claimed to have tracked me on N4. He said "Once again," when he mentioned he claimed tracking me on N5, but I don't know if that was meaningful or not. In either case, I don't think we have any explicit info on if Shoey got blocked on N4 or not.)

(Not that it matters too much, since the preponderance of evidence points to Tucky, anyways, but I can understand wanting to look for something definitive.)

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
On TPG I was simply informed that my power had failed, but didn't specify if I was roleblocked, or the killer was immune, enforced or anything like that. I don't know if FWD had visibility into every night action? His role card just mentions "events" but not sure how extensive it is. Technically my power name is jailer so I don't know if it would be listed as someone being jailed?

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
I'm guessing Blathers has to be mafia laying low. We can still win this if we lynch him today and if I have success jailing whomever the mafia sends for the kill, since they will go for either MK or myself who can't be protected by my role. This would leave us theoretically in a great position at 4:2:1 tomorrow

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
(My thinking on Blathers continues to be informed by his reaction to being on the chopping block at the end of the last day phase. There is exactly one scenario where what he did makes sense if he's mafia - voting for LTQ, rather than piling an extra vote onto any of the five people he could have tied the vote on - and that's the scenario where the mafia had somehow found out MightyMario's role in advance and knew the votes were already tied... in which case, that's... still a fairly big gamble to take compared to just joining MightyMario and getting the guaranteed kill on Shoey. Blathers was already on the chopping block. If he were mafia, he had nothing to lose by ensuring an innocent would be killed and he would last just one more phase.)

(If he knew about MightyMario's role power and intentionally left the votes tied to further the mafia's plans by letting himself have a 50-50 shot of flying under the radar the rest of the game, then more power to him. Good move, in that case. The only reason to take that route as a mafia besides making a big-brained play would be fear of the vig still being around and thus being able to take Blathers out during the night anyways if he made himself obviously mafia, but, I mean, at that point, we're stacking two very particular assumptions on one another, and I think we can Occam's Razor that possibility away.)

Status
Not open for further replies.