The 'Shroom Mafia 4 - Game Thread / END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meta Knight

Power Star
Former 'Shroom Staff
Yeah Pito I think you're right with that, I guess I just assumed ties were no lynch but man this really sucks

N. Brio

See this forum? I invented it!
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
MightyMario
(Folks, folks. I don't think that this implicates MM or Blathers as mafia, necessarily, unless they both are and are working together, which seems unlikely)
(MM's mistake was not reading his role card properly, which, if I can be frank, is an awful move, but I won't hold your feet to the fire when we all make mistakes).
(Blathers didn't manipulate the votes - Shoey and Blathers tied, then Shoey lost the coinflip of a random lynch between the two).
I’m very sorry that I didn’t read my role card properly. That could have sent my ass to the chopping block but I’ve made it this far.

As for the votes, I’ll still keep a close eye on Blathers but thanks for clearing that up!

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
(RP will return later, but, for now, after the second phase in a row that turned into a ride in the last ten minutes, I'm going to put down some unfiltered thoughts now).

(MightyMario, in any other circumstances, I would vote you out next phase. I'm going to choose to believe you made a genuine mistake, so I believe you're innocent. I know you'll use this experience to make sure you read your rolecard thoroughly and ask clarifying questions in the future. Anyone who starts voting for MightyMario is going to have to make a strong case, or I'm going to be looking hard at you.)

(The related GBA question springs to mind, I'm sure, and here's my thoughts on that. We're getting to a low enough player count that it's going to reveal itself soon, right? When we get to mylo or lylo, we can check the numbers and see if there's room for his independent claim. It might not be foolproof, because he could say "there's not X mafia! There's X-1, and I'm innocent." But, I mean, if he's actually innocent, claim it now.)

(Blathers is admittedly a toss-up and I can't definitively say he's innocent, but I continue to maintain that I'm leaning inno on him. I guess he could be throwing a last minute vote with no chance of working out as a ploy, but, like, he was on the chopping block, he would have at least tried to tie it if he were mafia. He wouldn't have anything to lose - he'd get one more inno kill on the way out!)

(BBQ, I've got nothing on. She apparently had good reason for not being around this phase, so I can excuse that, but I have no read on her right now).

(LTQ and Tucayo continue to seem mega suspect to me. LTQ's lack of actual votes - despite his appreciated analyses - suggests he's trying to hide under the radar and is content with the votes falling as they have been, and, again, he kept pointing to OhoJee for a long while, who is now confirmed inno. Tucky, I've already explained my reasoning on, but I will also add that the GBA vote, while understandable, seems a bit odd when the numbers themselves are likely to sort out his independent claim when we get to lylo/mylo please correct me if I'm wrong thinking this)

(I can't exactly discount MK or Turb at this point, either. I mean, they were the ones going for the Blathers lynch, and I continue to think Blathers is inno. I still think, uh, I lean inno for them more than Tucky and LTQ, but, look, I'm going to have to sus you both.)

(Anyways, that's where I stand. Make of it what you will.)

(No. Seriously. Please. Make something of it. I can't read people who don't at least vote.)

N. Brio

See this forum? I invented it!
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
MightyMario
Thank you, Hooded Pitohui. I will read my role card throughly next time.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
(Actually, that reminds me of a couple more things I wanted to get out there).

ViroViroKunShocked.png

This isn't my kind of chaos! I can't take this much of a mess! And all I do is make messes!

ViroViroKun.png

Blathers better show up with a vote and thoughts early when the sun rises. Run on startup! Be ready to speak as soon as possible!

Me? You wanna know what I'm doing? I'm going to the break room! I need a break! I'm not supposed to help this much! You don't see a white hat on me, do ya? But I need a buddy! Won't a buddy come to the Break Room with me? You can take a part of me home with you forever! Come take a break!

Rohan Kishibe

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Nah I haven't been voting because I am busy. I am still independent, I really just have no sway in this at all since I only lose if Mightymario is lynched. You could honestly confirm my status by looking at the fact that i have never visited a location once because i physically can't and if i was on the mafia team i would be visiting locations to help them

If he's just done something big stupid then go ahead and kill him lol (just not through a lynch). I personally dislike Tucayo's insistence on killing independents this game but not enough for me to suspect he's big mafia

For the love of god, someone tell me what Mightymario's alignment is. I am stuck doing nothing until its revealed what he is

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
(Well, it's pretty clear that MightyMario is the public speaker, and while I tend to prefer to look at votes over trying to meta-logic out alignment based on roles, a mafia public speaker seems odd.)

(So to answer your final question, he looks like an inno public speaker.)

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Thinking.png

Aight, aight, sorry for disappearing again, service got knocked out in Inkopolis Square and I ain't been able to get online since. Anyway, numbers are getting thinner now, so I think it ought to be a bit easier to get thoughts out on whoever's left.
  • Virus Bug: Aight, you're really starting to come off as weird to me now. And it ain't just 'cause you're trying to wreck some computers- you've got a weird way of poking at people. Like, I don't follow where all of your points are coming from, and some of the things you choose to dig at are weird- obviously sometimes things can be picked up from on offhand comment, but there's a lot of that going on. Can't say I wholly trust you.
  • Cheese: And now you're coming off as real weird too. I'm not sure if I'm following your thoughts, and I ain't sure if that's because you're reaching or because you're trying to misdirect.
  • Meta Knight: Ok, still on board with you, I still think you're pretty trustworthy. I don't think I've seen you do anything I don't like the look of.
  • MightyMario: With the Public Speaker thing now out in the open, I reckon you're pretty safe too. Nothing was really ticking me as off with you in the first place either.
  • Tuxedo Guy: Yeah, this is probably the last person I haven't seen enough of now, so I don't know where I fall on this one. Does seem like it might be a bit too risky of a strat to be mafia at this point in time though? Like, I feel like by now you'd at least want to start directin' people's thoughts somewhere more specific. Still not sure though.
  • Tech Wizard: I think I'm still on board with the claim about MightyMario securing them up for now- and now that he's pretty much innocent, I think that's a point in their favour. Outside of that, I can't say I'm felling strongly either way, but I wouldn't necessarily be in a rush to get rid of them yet.
  • Tucayo: Still not sure about you, but your more detailed thoughts are painting you in a better light now, and I ain't so intent on getting rid of you now.
  • Blue Bunny: Pretty confusing, but again, I don't think they're mafia really. They just don't seem to being doing anything that makes them look like mafia, but at the same time, they don't seem to be doing anything super innocent. Like the tuxedo guy, I think they'd be going for a few more mafia strats by now if they were on that team, but I can't say for sure.
So, let's see what this night brings us, and then hopefully we can work from that. Definitely going to to be lookin' at the virus and the cheese a lot though.

Dimitri A. Blaiddyd

Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
MightyMario was killed! He was...

Wright Forde 'Shroom burst into the Lobby, exhausted.

Wright Forde 'Shroom

I'm afraid that I have little time to talk at the moment. Have any of you present spotted Poochy? I have been in avid search for him all day…

Goombuigi

Wright, we've found him. He's been killed.

Wright Forde 'Shroom froze.

Wright Forde 'Shroom

Killed, Your Honor?

Goombuigi

I'm afraid so. In addition, today marks the Lynch or Lose phase. It's our last chance to stop those pesky mafians.

Wright Forde 'Shroom

Good gracious. We shall have to do our best, then.

It is Day 7 (Lylo), please submit a vote for who you think is Mafia.
This phase will end

Rohan Kishibe

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
remaining innocents if you choose someone to vote for i will side with you since my win con has been updated to "ensure poochy's faction wins"

that means i should put out a sus list

Turb: has also been kind of misanthropic when it comes to lynches as much as I have, except i have the excuse of being an independent. we do not know his role. the fact that he's coasted for this long is highly unusual
Tucayo: has participated in a few inno bandwagons and has been giving me scum vibes like all game,
Pito: has been doing the whole alleged town carry thing without leading anything himself this game, usually means he's setting up the town to walk into mislynches himself.
LTQ: similar to pito, but doesnt command
Meta: one should question why a replacement was so eager to ensure they survive, indicating mafia, but i guess he really is keen to be in the game again
BBQ: having been mafia with her before i know she usually sits back and is often inactive, but given that she aligns her own susses with that of mine, i'm inclined to think innocent
if Blathers is ever properly sus that will be news to me

i am going to take a hard guess and say that our mafia are turb/tucayo/pito, there's this odd air of collusion around their posts

there are 7 of you left, and i know none of your roles. we are still out one vig from sgow's kill, so i assume one of you is the vig, and that might be meta.

Rohan Kishibe

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
also i pressed enter too early and just woke up

either way ##Vote: Turb
tuxedo mask you will not troll these innocent children again

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
ViroViroKunShocked.png

Two completely unnecessary mislynches took us to Lylo? What a surprise!

ViroViroKun.png

That's sarcastic! It's not a surprise at all!

Anyway! I crunched the numbers and they didn't sort things out like I expected! There's options here!

We could have five innocents and three mafia.
Or
Four innocents, an independent, and two mafia.

Three mafia now would mean five total. Two now would mean four total. In case one, there was a (22-2ind-5maf = 15 inno)1:3 ratio of mafia to innocents. In case two, there was a (22-4maf-3ind = 15 inno) 1:3.75 ratio. Both of those make sense!

The math I thought would help us doesn't! Unless I'm wrong again! I could be! (Please tell me if I am because I have genuinely been in mafia brainrot mode since that OhoJee lynch.)

Maybe that lady (GBA) is mafia! Maybe she isn't! I don't think she is.

But I don't care yet! I have a better target!

Vote: Tucayo

I did everything I could! I can't be sorry if I'm wrong! But ya gotta look at his record! It's all votes that didn't help the town! It's either him or the cheese that has only voted for an innocent and keeps refusing to vote more (LTQ)!

Rohan Kishibe

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
pito your numbers are off for the second one, theres 4 innos/3 mafia/1 independent (me), because we're in lylo, not mylo
also anyone who doubted me being independent at any point during the game gets a massive sus

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
pito your numbers are off, theres 4 innos/3 mafia/1 independent (me), because we're in lylo, not mylo
also anyone who doubted me being independent at any point during the game gets a massive sus
(Oh my heavens, thank you. I sat here for minutes going "wait, lylo means we mislynch and lose because losing two players - one day, one night - automatically means a mafia victory".)

(But that actually is mylo.)

(Mafia brainrot (real) (not fake) (Pitohui Get It Together! (WarioWare: Get it Together!)))

Rohan Kishibe

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
yes, lynch or lose, where an inno has to die in the lynch or nightkill, instead of mislynch or lose, where an inno has to die in the lynch and nightkill. if it was the latter that would mean that the only real play would be to kill me, meaning our ratio is pretty obvious at 4:3:1.

just a side note, if you vote for me then that is clear indication that you want the innos to lose, since they HAVE to lynch mafia

anyway Pito I could also add pressure to tucayo since my sus on turb is mostly unfounded but, i have to agree here, ltq hasn't done much in the way of helping town; also i hit enter way too early on my post cause i was meant to say "if its not pito its ltq', and my biggest sus is still tucayo, who was insistent of my death even though death means nothing to me provided the innocents win and mm isn't lynched, and knowing for the longest time that mightymario is inno aligned, would want to remove an intrinsically inno-aligned independent asap

##Unvote
##Vote: Tucayo

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
About leaving GBA out of this calculation, I don't very much like to do that since he could very well still be mafia, I mean the mafia would know who is innocent and would be easy af to make one such claim of having to defend an innocent and kill him off when it would "prove" GBA's innocence due to his protected player being innocent.

I don't like Blathers not participating still.

The only one I'm fully willing to believe as innocent at this moment is HP. Everyone else is sus for me.

I would want to place a vote on GBA, but if you guys feel that would not be the correct move I am fully willing to cooperate with the best candidate (except me lol)

Darth in a Jar

May funny month
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
Ok I'm here now
I have a flight tomorrow so don't expect to see me then, if you want to talk I'd do it now

@Demon King Nobunaga you said that if MM was lynched you'd lose. If he died another way something else would happen iirc, I'm not quite sure what tho
Were you been notified of any change in your win condition after MM's death?
if you already said this at some point then im a big dum dum who missed it lol

Rohan Kishibe

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Ok I'm here now
I have a flight tomorrow so don't expect to see me then, if you want to talk I'd do it now

@Demon King Nobunaga you said that if MM was lynched you'd lose. If he died another way something else would happen iirc, I'm not quite sure what tho
Were you been notified of any change in your win condition after MM's death?
if you already said this at some point then im a big dum dum who missed it lol
yeah i mentioned that above, my wincon is now "ensure mm's faction wins"

With that defense, I'm convinced Tucayo is mafia, he's been obsessed with "looking at the numbers" for me all game, but when actually given solid, irrefutable numbers in lylo, he's pivoting to casting doubt on my whole claim instead of trying to persuade us that he's innocent through pretty much anything, even a roleclaim. Has anyone else claimed independent? No. Will anyone else claim independent now? Hell no, unless they want me to be on their ass.

To go over the numbers again With 8 people we are in lylo. That means one thing, it will only take one innocent death for there to be a tied number of mafia/innocents. That means, without a doubt, there are 4 innos, 3 mafia, and 1 independent. Trying to cast doubt on this is terrible form, and I especially have no reason to lie now that my target was proven innocent.

He's even suggesting that lynching me is at all a viable option. Any non-mafia, non-inno lynch means innos lose on a successful nightkill, which means he's basically suggesting a death sentence.

Even then, why else would I, as mafia, have jumped in to defend him on Day 3? It's massive WIFOM to assume that I was making some kind of big brained play here, I'm telling you, my role is like being chained to a poochy-shaped bike post. If I'm not independent like you think, then I'd be innocent, but then we wouldn't be in lylo, we'd be in mylo!

Now I could be walking into an expertly-laid Pito trap where he's bussing Tucayo right now to ensure we don't suspect him later when things are more dire, cat amongst the pigeons style, but I'll look at that later. I truly think Tucayo's our safest option at this point, and if he's been a seriously misguided inno all game, I'll be surprised and happily congratulate Pito for this play.

Status
Not open for further replies.