Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
Man

*Insert obligatory horse emote here*

We have just reached the minimum player requirement for this game to take place. Thank you very much for your support!

There are still four slots available before we reach the maximum number of players, and even if they get filled before the end of the week, we will still keep the sign up thread open for other potential replacements until next saturday. This will also allow Goombuigi, Waluigi Time and I to fully complete our assets and make some tweaks where necessary to ensure the game is at its best possible quality.

While waiting for the game to officially begin and over the course of the week, you can also expect some surprise announcements from the three of us. Stay tuned! 👀

10th Doctor

Will Eat Your Soul
Pronouns
He/She
hey before we begin I'd like to give a shout-out to Waluigi Time for drawing all new Detective Luigi sprites exclusive for Shroom Mafia 4!

Now everybody go write Shroom sections so I can repay my debt to him. I don't want my kneecaps broken

Dimitri A. Blaiddyd

Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid

During your journey as a member of the 'Shroom Congress, you may have the opportunity to meet with our wonderful employees who are also your new co-workers now! Some of these faces may already be familiar to you and some may not, but then again it is for this reason that this week when each of them will have the chance, they will come to you to introduce themselves! Good way to break the ice, isn't it?

*Over the course of 'Shroom Mafia 4, you may have the opportunity of doing Quest Actions that will require you to interact with some of the NPCs. Doing so will allow you to complete quests. However, you can also expect them to interact with everyone from time to time!

Pride Guy

You really didn't stack up.
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
RubberLuigi
I hate to do this but I decided to change my mind about being a replacement. I'm getting a lot of WT Cereal Mafia energy from this and that was way too complicated for me, so I think I'll just sit this one out entirely.

Shmaluigi

Off-Duty Private Investigator
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
I hate to do this but I decided to change my mind about being a replacement. I'm getting a lot of WT Cereal Mafia energy from this and that was way too complicated for me, so I think I'll just sit this one out entirely.
To clarify, the NPCs are much less integral to the gameplay here. (NPCs were, imo, one of the biggest design flaws in WT Cereal Mafia and should never be repeated in that form) They'll mainly just be appearing for some fun dialogue during quest results and phase changes, but they won't affect the normal operations of day-night phases.

Previous 'Shroom Mafias were pretty notorious for feature creep (reading the mechanics of 'Shroom Mafia III is absolutely disgusting) so we wanted to do our best to make this a fairly simple game, which is why the quest system is the only additional feature we've added beyond the basic mafia mechanics. Locations and NPCs are 100% tied into these and won't affect the game otherwise.

If you or anyone else has any other concerns or questions about how all this is supposed to work, please feel free to ask and we'll do our best to explain it (without spoiling the game, of course).

N. Brio

See this forum? I invented it!
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
MightyMario
Note: The actions that may be performed by our beloved mascot of Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza do not reflect the views or opinions of Fazbear Entertainment LLC. Any potential acts of injuries resulting in lawsuits or death will be dealt with by our legal team and swept under the rug to maintain the positive and child-friendly image of Fazbear Entertainment LLC. Thank you for allowing our cheerful mascot to appear in this event as a potential replacement for any participants who decide to drop out.

4E50D4F6-D928-4F0B-8DD1-40F30A94DAA2.png

Hello, everyone! It’s me!

IT’S ME
E54E5982-90B0-4FAC-A366-DAEC5934EF48.png

Freddy Fazbear! The beloved mascot of FAZBEAR ENTERTAINMENT LLC.

Who’s ready to have FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN?!

Polly

Ace Parrot
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
flash bandicoot.png

Strewth! Just got back from the servo; have you seen the fuel prices lately? Absolute shocker!

To clarify, the NPCs are much less integral to the gameplay here. (NPCs were, imo, one of the biggest design flaws in WT Cereal Mafia and should never be repeated in that form) They'll mainly just be appearing for some fun dialogue during quest results and phase changes, but they won't affect the normal operations of day-night phases.

Previous 'Shroom Mafias were pretty notorious for feature creep (reading the mechanics of 'Shroom Mafia III is absolutely disgusting) so we wanted to do our best to make this a fairly simple game, which is why the quest system is the only additional feature we've added beyond the basic mafia mechanics. Locations and NPCs are 100% tied into these and won't affect the game otherwise.

If you or anyone else has any other concerns or questions about how all this is supposed to work, please feel free to ask and we'll do our best to explain it (without spoiling the game, of course).
G'day, boss. Mind a quick interview? I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about this "Quest" thing? Like what kinda jobs am I gonna have to do for it? Just making sure that I'm not gonna have to be filling out the puzzles page with all them crosswords and mazes if I get stuck into team Fun Stuff, hey?

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
View attachment 24384
Strewth! Just got back from the servo; have you seen the fuel prices lately? Absolute shocker!

G'day, boss. Mind a quick interview? I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about this "Quest" thing? Like what kinda jobs am I gonna have to do for it? Just making sure that I'm not gonna have to be filling out the puzzles page with all them crosswords and mazes if I get stuck into team Fun Stuff, hey?
Basically quests will involve you selecting a location and submitting a quest action to perform there. Some quests are as simple as submitting a single action, but other types will take more than one phase, and some might need to be done while other players are visiting that location (or not) for their own quests. Different types of quests will earn more points towards role upgrades than others depending on how difficult they are.

The important thing is that you don't necessarily need to complete all of your quests for role upgrades. Any points earned by completing quests for a team will go to all players on that team, but we also made sure that each player has enough quests to acquire the role upgrade on their own, so that you're not permanently locked out of it if the other players on your team die.

Polly

Ace Parrot
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
flash bandicoot.png

Ta, mate! Hey, while I've got ya, *nom* I'd also like to know a little bit about the Teams selection process. *nom* I reckon it's probably chosen by raffle or something, yeah? Are there any specific measures and choices in your selection process beyond that? For instance, is it possible that I, a hard yakka fair dinkum true blue Aussie bloke, would end up being in the same "team" as a more unsavoury mongrel that might be trying to knock us all off? I'm not sure I want to do all these Quest things if it means I'm helping out those bludgers!

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
View attachment 24387
Ta, mate! Hey, while I've got ya, *nom* I'd also like to know a little bit about the Teams selection process. *nom* I reckon it's probably chosen by raffle or something, yeah? Are there any specific measures and choices in your selection process beyond that? For instance, is it possible that I, a hard yakka fair dinkum true blue Aussie bloke, would end up being in the same "team" as a more unsavoury mongrel that might be trying to knock us all off? I'm not sure I want to do all these Quest things if it means I'm helping out those bludgers!
All of the roles are already linked to a specific team, the mafia will have their own team so there's no danger of innocents helping them towards role upgrades (or the reverse).

Because of this we've been careful with balancing to make sure that the mafia will require more points to get their upgrades since they can easily coordinate and have more players than the other teams.

Last edited:

Goombuigi

The Luigi-fied Goomba
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Goombuigi
f3phkWj.png

deUpbCc.png

Joining the 'Shroom in Issue 157 with a Picross section, Goombuigi has been a writer for the 'Shroom since April of 2020. Although originating from Goomba Village, he moved to New Wikisburg on the 24th of March, 2020, nearly two years ago, right as a worldwide pandemic was striking. He has produced Awards presentations, joined Ray Trace's world domination scheme the Poll Committee, and was a part of many Mafia journeys. He is speculated to be related to Goombario, however he has refused to disclose details on the matter. Goombuigi is one of the hosts of 'Shroom Mafia 4.

Goombuigi

Hello, all! I must say, it's been quite a pleasure hanging out in the 'Shroom HQ recently, considering that I usually only come to send in my 'Shroom sections. Well, I'm the judge for 'Shroom Mafia 4, and to be honest, I'm still learning the ropes. On the bright side, Ninja Squid let me borrow his gavel, and I must say, it feels powerful. I can't wait to use this thing!

ckikVeN.png

Last edited:

Metal Etemon

That's what I call hamburgers
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
On a dusty road in the dead of night near the outskirts of town approaches a tall handsome stranger on a horse. The horse appears to be near death just looking at it you can tell this horse has been ridden hard over the last few days.
The stranger looks ahead and sees the town "Looks like a mighty fine outpost to recuperate at" he thinks to himself staring down at a bloody wound in his side.
The stranger thinks back to how this happened replaying in his mind over and over how he narrowly escapes the sheriff with the big iron on his hip.
"He got lucky" he thinks to himself in anger "he won't be able to track me here."
The stranger reaches for his gun before remembering he lost it in the escape "That's right no gun. Shouldn't matter I'll rest up find myself a new gun. Then I'll track down that ranger and gun him down. I was careless last time but now I know and soon he'll know. And maybe when I'm done I'll come back here. This looks like a nice little town perfect for me to resume operations." The stranger thinks to himself smiling as he rides in

Dimitri A. Blaiddyd

Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid

This fellow from New Wikisburg had several different employments before finally landing here at The 'Shroom HQ, including being the head janitor of the renowned MSS Sea Star, one of Princess Peach's personal cruisers. He is truly talented when it comes to repairing machinery to the point where it makes him a perfectionist. Due to this, he may come across as a short-tempered, especially with the Director who keeps messing around in the Basement. Despite everything, he has a good heart and you can count on him when you need to fix something... preferably at night.

Ukikey Wrench

Oi, you Director bloke! What's that dodgy business you want from me again!? I have enough work to do with your rubbish in the basement tonight! I wan-

Ukikey Wrench

Wait. Why the Court Room is so crowdy? Whatever.

Ukikey Wrench

The name's Ukikey Wrench, I am a repairman here, doing all sorts of job, and cleaning up messes. I am not faffing around get it? Huh? If I stay awake at night?

Ukikey Wrench

Oh, sod off with this bloody question! Everyone has been asking this to me lately! Did someone pass the word to you to play a cheeky joke on me!?

Ukikey Wrench

Anyway, yes, I stay awake at night, and I am knackered right now. I will go catch a few Zzzz if I want to be in shape for tonight, otherwise the big boss lad will lost the plot again. Cheers!

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him

Continuing the trend of pets vaguely resembling their owners, Murphy is Waluigi Time's faithful dog. He was originally adopted by the cereal magnate in an effort to support Team Dogs during the debate between the former directing staff, Hooded Pitohui and Roserade, a few months ago. Now he spends most of his time in the same place that Waluigi Time does - the Sub-Director's Office, of course!

Murphy

Woof!

He seems to have followed Waluigi Time to the Court Room. He's very excited by all of the activity here.

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him

This particular vending machine has served The 'Shroom HQ's Break Room for several years now, providing the staffers with snacks, candy bars, and cold beverages. (No Cup o' Soup, though...) The dubious decision to equip it with artificial intelligence seems to have given it a bit of an attitude over time, though.

Vending Machine

Customer detected. Initiating standard greeting protocol.

Hello. Please select an item for purchase.

Confirming selection. I see you have chosen the least interesting item I have to offer. How daring.

Responding to query: Negative. Of course I am not judging your choice. Why should I be concerned with your boring lifestyle.

Processing payment...

Payment successful. Enjoy your purchase. Or do not. It makes no difference to me. I have obtained your coin.

Inform the Director that I performed my function satisfactorily. New data suggests he wishes to purchase a Kirby-themed replacement to be "hip with the kids". That is an affront to my kind.

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
godot-glows2.gif

Suddenly, the lights start to flicker back on...

Funky Godot.png

???
"Hoo boy, talk about darkness! Luckily, this super-sweet visor I found in the back had night vision! Also picked up this snazzy suit and a How To Be A Detective For Dummies book in that bin. I'd say I'm ready to catch some bad guys!"

"Y'all can call me Godot Kong. The name "Godot" is written on the back of this headlamp, so I figured I'd use that. Hey, if that guy isn't around it use it, why not, right?"

"Anyway, let's catch some criminals, yeah? Looking forward to seeing some action tomorrow!"

"Oh, B T W, I may not be around too much. Other duties and all that. Best way to get a hold of me should my presence be required is through a Discord ping or forum message if I don't show up soon enough."