Former 'Shroom Staff
- Ninja Squid
- Thread starter
Ninja Squid (@Lanz), Waluigi Time (@Waluigi Time), and Goombuigi (@Wright Forde 'Shroom)
For an introduction to this game by Wright Forde 'Shroom, and details on the gameplay elements, please read our 'Shroom section here.
Hello, 'Shroom readers, and welcome to an-all new mafia game hosted by The 'Shroom: The 'Shroom Mafia 4! Despair is once again upon us, and we are looking for brave investigators who will have to understand what is happening in The 'Shroom Headquarters and unmask the evil that lurks in the darkness. Please, don't let The 'Shroom fall into the dark timeline!
The 'Shroom Mafia 4 is a strategy game that will consist of three groups of players: an informed minority (Mafia), an uninformed majority (Innocent), and players with their own unique objective (Independent). At the start of the game, players will be assigned roles that are affiliated with one of these factions.
- The goal of the Mafia (the informed minority) is to eliminate the players of the Innocent faction until reaching the numerical parity, accomplishing this through deceiving, lying, and sabotaging the progress of the Innocents.
- The goal of the Innocents (the uninformed majority) is to eliminate all of the Mafia members, accomplishing such things through deductions from their role powers, clues, and discussions.
- The goal of the Independents is to achieve their own unique objective to win the game.
This will be a Role Madness mafia game, and roles in play will not be revealed at the start of the game.
- Day phases will last for 48 hours, and Night phases will last for 24 hours. During Day phases, the players will vote to lynch someone. During Night phases, players may use their role actions and quest actions.
- Vote should be using the following format: "Vote: Ninja Squid". Unvoting should be format as "Unvote". Voting No Lynch is allowed, but will lose in a tie. If multiple players are tied in the final votes for lynching, it will result in a random lynch.
- Role claiming is allowed (saying things like "I am the cop", whether this is true or not), but players should NOT be quoting, taking screenshots or sharing publicly anything of their role card (such as the characters they are portraying or flavor texts), or any messages sent to them by the hosts. If a player is caught doing the following, they will be modkilled immediately.
- Roleplaying is allowed, but players should make it as least intrusive as possible. This means that players should not be focusing more on the roleplaying aspect than playing the actual game, and making their roleplay easily comprehensive.
- If you are eliminated, do NOT post or react to posts in the Game Thread. Eliminated players can post in the Lounge Thread or the dedicated Ghost Chatroom. Do NOT reveal any information that could affect the course of the game. However, you can react to post done by the hosts. The same rule applies to spectators.
- Conversations regarding the game should be kept to dedicated game channels (such Game Thread, Ghost Chatroom, etc.) as much as possible. Casual conversations outside these threads are fine, but there should not be any form of speculations done outside channels created by the hosts.
- Players cannot interact with other players via PMs, unless there are dedicated channels created by the hosts for this purpose.
- Activity will be required in this game. If you sign up for this game, you must participate. We are not expecting anyone to be available at all the time, but at least posting at the very least once or twice per phases and submitting your night actions is recommended. If you have been inactive for a complete Day/Night cycle, we will be sending a reminder, and further inactivity will force us to remove you from the game. Hence, please be communicative. If you need to drop out of the game, send a message to the hosts.
We are looking for around 18 to 22 players for this game to start, and any additional sign-ups after reaching the maximum number of 22 players, will be listed as replacements. Sign-ups will stay open for one week, closing on . Roles will be sent and the game thread will be put up shortly after that point. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Ninja Squid, Waluigi Time and Goombuigi on the forum or Discord.
2. @Not Shane
3. @Hooded Pitohui
5. @BBQ Turtle
6. @Raiko Horikawa
9. @Luigon Spengler
10. @Kay Faraday
15. @Ray Trace
17. @Demon King Nobunaga
19. @Dubious Creature
20. @Insane... ?
22. @Heavy Shinobi