General Discussion

Siy

Autistic and proud of it! ❤️
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
MightyMario
WIll the “best community event” award reappear this year?

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
That's going to depend on the Award Committee's discussions as we work to craft the polls this year. As of right now, there's no high priority to cut the award (although, one thing that was brought up last year was making sure it focuses on events that have had something significant happen within the last Awards cycle, to keep something like a one-and-done event on an equal footing with, say, an ongoing roleplay).

We'll see what happens as polls are crafted and ideas are discussed this year, though. As always, everyone will be able to keep up with developments through publicly-posted meeting logs.

Reactions: Siy

Kim Pine

Will Eat Your Soul
Pronouns
He/She
1646243316648.png

WIll the “best community event” award reappear this year?
I second this. I know I'm not going to be on AC (at least this year), but I'm curious, are there going to be any more categories for awards this year?

Reactions: Siy

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
I'm curious, are there going to be any more categories for awards this year?
While it's not possible to say for certain at this moment, we'll make sure, alongside the Awards Committee, to keep up the practice of evaluating the relevance of every award and considering ideas for new awards that may be newly relevant.

In other words, we won't know for certain until we get into the process of creating the awards polls with the committee, but we'll certainly be looking for opportunities to introduce new awards across the Mario, Fail, and Community Awards, and welcome any ideas anyone would like to bring forward.

Even if you aren't formally part of the committee, you're welcome to share any ideas for new awards you might have (or any awards-related commentary at all, really). Everybody is free to share their ideas, and the committee will consider them.

Redktan the Robeless

Happy liquid pool
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
If you weren't able to access the Community Awards Dossier immediately because it was still in the process of uploading, you can find the Community Awards here!

Why once a week?
Partially tradition, partially for practical purposes. We want to balance as much participation as possible with the amount of time we can reasonably restrict someone from voting again.

Koopa con Carne

the slowpoke
MarioWiki
Koopa con Carne
the community polls are very difficult to vote in, because the reality is that every candidate brings in invaluable contributions to the community that are difficult to tally or judge. at the end of the day, everyone's a winner in their own way; i believe it in more than just sportsmanship. perhaps this sentiment is shared.

nevertheless, i observed the protocol and cast my votes. see ya at the awards!

Last edited: