'Shroomfest (Round 6) - DOGS vs BIRDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snack

🌻Ashita wa nanika ga kawaru ka na?
Hey you guys remember Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker right? Pretty good game. Final Boss Giant Bird!
A friend of mine has a saying that 'every game has a bitch made big bird' in it.

So that's how people think about bird bosses in video games. Meanwhile, how do people think about dogs in video games? There's even an entire Twitter account dedicated to informing the public on whether or not you can pet them in specific games!

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
MarioWiki
Uniju :D
someone told me once that you can get the dogs in botw to lead you to treasure but i tried it and i could never get it to work. the bird with the accordian on the other hand lead me to many interesting things

Shmaluigi

Off-Duty Private Investigator
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
The third and final part of this 'Shroomfest's Waluigi Time Comic series, thank you for reading and uh, GO TEAM DOGS
016 - Dog Days.png

I am once again reminding you all that real dogs should not be given Waluigi Time Cereal, please don't do this, this dog is fictional so it's okay

Also this looks like it's going to be the last 'Shroomfest Waluigi Time Comic for a while, so if you enjoy these and want to see more, I also make new Waluigi Time Comics every month for The 'Shroom in Palette Swap, so read Palette Swap and read the rest of The 'Shroom and write 'Shroom sections and sign up for Awards presentations because that's coming up later this year and-

Yoshi the SSM

Dry Bowser
MarioWiki
Yoshi the SSM
Yoshi the SSM artwork.png Yoshi the SSM: "You know, I thought of some other birds that are good to get out before the time limit is up. First, Fun with Despair knows this one, as they had their name be this and apparently, they are Scrooge McDuck but not. I am talking about Darkling Duck. And then for another non-hero (or anti-hero) bird, Jet the Hawk from the Sonic series and the leader of his group. I say these should be good representations for things that aren't heroes, who lost against villains."

Shmaluigi

Off-Duty Private Investigator
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
View attachment 22365 Yoshi the SSM: "You know, I thought of some other birds that are good to get out before the time limit is up. First, Fun with Despair knows this one, as they had their name be this and apparently, they are Scrooge McDuck but not. I am talking about Darkling Duck. And then for another non-hero (or anti-hero) bird, Jet the Hawk from the Sonic series and the leader of his group. I say these should be good representations for things that aren't heroes, who lost against villains."
Darkwing isn't a villain though

Metal Etemon

That's what I call hamburgers
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Hey the coolest member of star fox is a bird!
Wolf was the coolest member of star wolf until they made him not british...

Dimitri A. Blaiddyd

Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
Okay, considering I will have plenty of posts to look at before doing my ruling (with the high amount of turnout, I am confident this will be more than enough to come up to a conclusion), and that we are now the 8th both in EST and GMT ('Shroomfest Deadline), this is a good time to close the debate.

This is a formal message that the 'Shroomfest Debate will be closed to further messages. Thank you very much for your participation, and come back again later for my last ruling!

Dimitri A. Blaiddyd

Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
JUDGE'S SESSION #3
We meet here for the very last time of the Dogs vs Birds 'Shroomfest. We're here to find out who will be winning the final extra points. Ready to find out? Let's go ahead!

But wait, I'm forgetting something...

Of course, it's Snoopy's best friend, Woodstock! Who said dogs and birds had to oppose each other? It was Pitohui and Rose

But Woodstock, of course, doesn't have Snoopy's popularity. He's prominent in marketing, sure, but whenever he's around, Snoopy's not too far behind. Woodstock almost always plays the role of sidekick. There's plenty of Peanuts specials where the plot focuses on Snoopy, including the film Snoopy, Come Home, but Woodstock doesn't really get that spotlight. Even in the rare occasions where the plot focuses on him, Snoopy takes center stage, like in It's a Mystery, Charlie Brown, where Woodstock's bird nest mysteriously disappears and Snoopy hams it up as a Sherlock Holmes-esque detective (and later Woodstock's legal counsel).
While I am not the biggest fan of Peanuts, I just can't think of Charlie Brown without Snoopy. Interestingly, while Charlie Brown is the main character of the comic strip, Snoopy has became one of the most iconic character of the Peanuts, to the point where he even exceeded Charlie Brown in popularity in several countries. He was even honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!

One company that makes monitors is called ViewSonic. And, what does ViewSonic use as their logo?

1641238399408.png

That's right, Gouldian Finches. They're iconic, probably everyone here recognizes these birds and are like, hey, those are the ViewSonic birds, because they're imprinted on monitors for a very long time.

What colors do dogs come in? Browns, grays, blacks, and whites. Not exactly representative of the color wheel. The reason they're colored that way probably because their eyesight is terrible; birds see in full color vision, including UV light, something even we can't see, which is also why they come in these huge bright colors, and hence why ViewSonic picked birds, native Australian finches to represent monitor prowess and color representation.

What's great about them is that they come in MORE colors than just the ones ViewSonic picked for their logo!
That's pretty cool, and these birds are absolutely colorful, which is one thing I love about birds! According to ViewSonic's webpage, the reason they went with the Gouldian Finches is that they "recognized the need to develop a powerful brand image - one that would denote superior quality and value." and "to ensure that customers around the world associate them with the attributes that characterize the company - superior quality; beautiful, vibrant colors; appealing warmth and friendliness." Fun Fact: ViewSonic are even sponsors of Lady gouldian.com's adopt a bird program.

You surely know it...
1641519470889.png

Road Runner
One of the most globally known cartoons. Starting as a parody of the cat & mouse trope only to soon be one of the more well-known face of that trope!
But instead of a feline chasing it's prey, it shows a bird always outmatching a pathetic canine who calls himself a "predator".
The titular Road Runner, with minimal trickery and strategy, avoids the coyote.
The coyote constantly causes harm to himself due to his sheer incompetence and his inferiority to the bird.
The Road Runner, a bird, a famous character of pop culture, is obviously superior to the coyote, the canine.
I am SO happy someone made mentions of Road Runner, as it is one of my favorite Looney Tunes characters. A movie about these two characters is currently in development. You know, considering how fast Road Runner is, maybe he would be a good ninja, don't you think?

This is what I consider the three best representations of birds and dogs in popular culture during this week's 'Shroomfest, but the one who takes the throne as the best one is Snoopy! Being able to overtake in popularity the one who is actually the main character of Peanuts, becoming so famous to the point of having a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame is a big achievement, and I think that he deserves the honors of this last week of 'Shroomfest.

Birds and dogs were fighting for three weeks, but in the end, isn't it just more important to love each other? 😉

Winner of Week 3
TEAM DOGS
Congratulations, you earned +3 extra points in the EFFORT category!

With that said, this is where the Dogs vs Birds 'Shroomfest ends. I would like to thank each of you for your participation in this debate, and on behalf of the 'Shroom staff, we hope you enjoyed participating in this activity.

Now, when it comes to results and who officially wins the title of the best animal, be sure to read the section "'Shroomfest Highlights" in Issue 178 on saturday next week! This section will provide an overview of the best cases and posts from this debate for both teams, the results, the ending story, and a special write-up from both the judge and the winning team leader.

See you next time!

'SHROOMFEST DEBATE ROUND 6 - END

Status
Not open for further replies.