Lightning Mafia+: Game Thread - Endgame ~ uh oh its ENDLESS CHAOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesCalebJackson(ghost)

That's what I call hamburgers
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
"Goss goss I think i've cracked the case" The Warrior says excitedly.
"What are you yammering on about kid" Scarface asks.
"Well goss remember how there was no night kill night 1" replies the warrior.
"Yeah what about it?" Scarface asks still not seeing the point.
"Well I think i've figured out why. You remember how Zote said that he possessed Nadia night 1 sir? Well what if the outfit attempted to kill zote gut were unable to gecause he was possessing the goth chick keeping zote out of reach. Gecause Zote said that if somebody tried to kill Nadia he would take the fall instead. Gut what if that means that Zote can't ge targeted while he's possessing somebody gecause the outfit wouldn't know who he was and was therefore incapable of killing him. It's a git of a stretch sir gut since we know that ns the doctor didn't heal anyone on night 1 we can assume that's the only reason nobody died night 1." Hypothesizes the Warrior.
"Not a gad theory kid not a gad theory indeed" Scarface says putting a wooden cigar to his lips.

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Administrator
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Yeah, the problem with all of that reasoning is that I don't have any night actions at all- and Luigi 64DD did not submit to do anything at all (not even something freeform)... and that would include "doing something to himself night 2". I'm not saying the roleclaim is wrong, but that there is quite literally no way you could have seen that.
Vote: The Pyro Guy
...and that's a lot of voting for a case of he said she said they said we said.

Revin

Ace Detective
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
Day 8

Vote tally:
BBQ Turtle - 5 (TPG, Turb, Perch, Shoey, Goombuigi)
The Pyro Guy - 1 (BBQ Turtle)

"So that's the choice you've all made... and quite unanimously, too. I hope this doesn't turn out to be some grave injustice toward someone dedicated to fighting against grave injustices... you know, like some kind of avenger..."

"......ning.......li........gh..........."
The Gatekeeper took BBQ and threw her into the pit, where she found herself in a black, empty void. In it, she heard voices all around her, crying out nasty insults like "Guilty!" "Mafia!" "Inactive!" "Replacement!" "Obscure!" Indeed, her own personal hell was being played out before her, where everyone once again bandwagons upon an innocent target with little to no reasoning provided. Realising that she has come so far, only to fail, BBQ sighs, and resigns herself to the void, ready to fade back into obscurity... and the pit spits her lifeless body straight back out again, which the Gatekeeper takes to his temporary body storage location.

BBQ Turtle was lynched! She was...

avenger.png

"...................."

"...I hate to say I told you so..."

"...so instead I'll tell you to stop wasting innocent lives, get your act together and try to actually find that last chaotic tomorrow! I need a vacation..."

It is now Night 8! Please send in your night actions. The phase will end .

Thanos (Car)

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him/His

i will admit i did a little trolling just there. sorry for the mislynch but i needed to stall for time
ill be clear. im the pretender, not goombuigi. im lightning the amogus, the heartless. the sussy baka hellbent on foolishness. i win if i am nightkilled, and i needed more time. if you had lynched goombuigi, you would have won, and i would have survived the game, which is the opposite of what i want to do.

i had to cause a mislynch to stall for time! im sorry, but im not above sacrificing innocents to achieve my own goal, just like how ive been very happy to play along and exterminate the mafia to approach this critical moment in the game.

it's still anyone's game at this point, but to make things easy, here's a list of every possible outcome. i hope this can inform your choices tonight, goombuigi

1638275788911.png

here's every possibility. ill explain A and B here because theyre too complicated to handwrite

A: On night 10, the mafia kills an innocent, leaving two innos and one mafia. This is LyLo. Could go either way for the teams.
B: On night 10, I will possess someone. There will be a mafia, an unprotected innocent, and a protected innocent. This gives the mafia a 50% chance of winning on Night 10, or a 50% chance of killing me, which results in me winning and the remaining three players going into LyLo.

Here's the deal, last mafian. All the cards are on the table. There's three innocents, you, and I. We all know who we are. And I know that you absolutely cannot afford to skip the nightkill tonight.

I'm going to possess one of the innocents tonight. That means if you try and kill me, you'll fail. My possession means I die if my host is targeted, but it also means I survive if I am targeted. You want proof? You tried to kill me on Night 1, but you couldn't - I was in Snack's body. So, trying to target me is not an option for you.

This means you have to try and kill one of the three innocents tonight. You have a 2 in 3 chance of killing an innocent player, and a 1 in 3 chance of killing me. Those are good odds for you. I hope you feel lucky.

Of course, you're welcome to ignore all of this. Try and kill me out of spite, or refuse to submit a nightkill in some protest of the options I've laid out for you. Unfortunately, that would mean you're a complete self-sabotaging moron who would rather gamethrow than take this bet, and I'll be just as satisfied knowing you ruined your chances of winning just to try and take me down with you. But I don't think you're a moron. You've made it this far.

And of course, if I lose this bet, I'll take the L and accept my failure. I'm a baka of honour, and this is my last stand against my own survival. Up until now, I've been playing as innocent as possible to try and get the mafia to target me. I hope you can take into account my previous contributions and let this play out. Godspeed, Chaos Town.

Last edited:

Goombuigi

The Luigi-fied Goomba
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Goombuigi
I want your full role name and the associated character. no reason to hide it from me if I tell you I'm the buff kool-aid man.
M-eye full name is Djinn Cognito, and the character is Shmaluigi with a Shantae-esque face and hair.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
(Hey, you know what? I've decided to see what I can see about this and, hmmm, hmm, it could just be coincidence, but, you know, I find it interesting that so many of these Heartless fellows have predominantly purple color schemes with yellow eyes.)

(Why, it almost reminds me of something... Does it remind you of anything, Goombuigi? Apparently these Heartless, they... possess folks? Now, I could be reading too much into this. I haven't even a clue if our two independent roles in this game would both have a Kingdom Hearts link or not.)

(What I do know, though, is that you have a purple spirit with some yellow that vaguely looks like an eye on your rolecard, and it's wrapped around that puppet-looking Shmaluigi.)

(I think we'd all be very interested in a roleclaim, Goombuigi, preferably some kind of testable one. I leave you with that thought.)
M-eye full name is Djinn Cognito, and the character is Shmaluigi with a Shantae-esque face and hair.
not posting suslist 4, omitting it in favor of this. everyone should know what to do tomorrow.

hope to see you all in the morning. good luck TPG.

Revin

Ace Detective
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
Night 8

lightning the mafia.png

"phew... we're almost done!!"​

Once again unable to reach Mater, Lightning took up his machine gun and went on the hunt. This turf war had been fought long and hard, and tonight was the night he took revenge on the one who had cost him so many men, trying to knuckle in on his turf. He found Scarface, being carried by the Warrior, sitting on a bench, reading a book. Lightning approached him, declaring his intent to kill his rival, before unloading a volley of shots. The hapless duo prepared for the worst... but found that someone had taken the bullets for them.

"Lightnin'... this has to... stop..."

*thud*
Mater fell to the ground, and Lightning, after shooting at Scarface and the Warrior again and actually killing them this time, rushed to pick up his dear friend.

lightning the tragedy.png
"little budyy... why!!??"​

"I'm sorry partner... I can't let ya kill no innocent people anymore. I like chaos as much as you, but what yer doin' now... it's evil... and it's wrong........ please... stop.......... before......................... . . . . . . . ."

"no... no, mater... dont go toward the light... we've fought so long, and now we're almost here, right...? this... cant be happening... this isnt happening! there's no reason for me to go on... what...​

lightning the what am i fighting foooooooooooor.png

"WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOR?!"​

Shoey has been killed! He was...
sailor joja rolecards.gif

Grieved by his tremendous loss (of Mater, not Shoey), Lightning stands up and addresses the remaining townspeople...

lightning the transfr.png
"....THATS IT!!!!

THIS ALL ENDS TODAY, PUNKS!!

"............"

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Attention all players! The game is now in a state of Lynch or Lose!

The number of Lawfuls remaining is one away from equaling the number of Chaotic remaining. This means that, in order for the Lawful to win, they MUST lynch the final Chaotic member today, or risk a total loss. If anyone other than the final Chaotic is lynched, it will spell (almost) certain doom for the Lawful, so please make your desicion carefully!

It is now Day 9 (LyLo)! Voting can commence. The phase will last 24 hours, although since this is the final phase, an extension will be granted if it is deemed necessary. The phase is currently set to end .

Thanos (Car)

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Can't say I didn't try. Well rolled, mafia. @Goombuigi anything else to say for yourself?

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo

Q-Taro
Ain't that it, huh... couldn't save yerself, could ya, lil' bogey? Everythin' the past couple'a days's 'cause we'd gotten too cock-sure... heh, Viola, hope y'ain't watchin' this sorry state, wherever y'are. Damned if I can show my hide to ya like this.
Now, kiddo, jes' seems like, eye-'unno... maybe...

Q-Taro
...Don't move.

Q-Taro
I'll end this... once 'n fer all!!

##Vote: Goombuigi

Thanos (Car)

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Zote: Goombuigi

just to be clear: turbs obvs inno, and flygons innocence implies perchs innocence, as they have a connected role. goombuigi hasnt really responded to any of our susses and mindlessly jumped on the bbq lynch without a hint of consideration or elaboration, and has only really posted to like, elaborate on his role/its cosmetic details, neither of which are particularly provable nor indicate his innocence

Raiko Horikawa

Live your life according to your rhythm!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Superchao

Renne
So it's come to this. So many lives lost, all in the name of a small group who wanted power...

Renne
But today, this battle of sin and destruction will come to an end.

Renne
Vote: Goombuigi.

Revin

Ace Detective
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
Day 9

Voting tally:
Goombuigi - 3 (Turb, TPG, Perch)

"Alright, it looks like you've made your final desicion... let's get this done and over with, and put this whole wretched affair behind us."

"..............ligh.....tni......ng..........li.....ghtn........in-"​
"...You know what? Why don't we let Q-Taro do the honours, for this last time? Go ahead. Throw him into the pit."

Goombuigi was lynched! He was...
transformer.png

...And so it was, that after killing Turb and stealing the sussy energy from TPG and the Gatekeeper, Lightning the Hedgehog threw all his chaotic power straight into the pit, which grew and grew, consuming everything around it. Finally left all alone, Lightning and his final remaining minion, Renne, had the best chaos party they'd ever had... while the rest of the world was consumed by the never-ending pit. And that, dear children...

spacejudgestory.png

...is why you must always remember to look over the Court Record for evidence you missed.​

The game is over! The Chaotic have won! The Lawful and the Pretenders have lost.

Chaotic:
Superchao
godfather.png

Lawful:
Turboo
strongman.png

Pretender:
The Pyro Guy
possessor.png

Please head over to the Lounge for post-game thoughts and feedback. Thank you all so much for playing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.