Pokémon Masters Mafia - Game Thread (Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waluigi Time

Shmaluigi Kart: Double Dash!!
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Waluigi Time

Shmaluigi
Well, if he's not going to answer any questions, then it's time to send this paint can to... back to the, um... Hm. Shmaluigi isn't so good with the quips.

Hopefully we're right about this and we get some good answers. Vote: Goombuigi.

MCD

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
oh fuck sorry i forgot to post today
probably a good thing because i was gonna suggest NS could be godfather because hes bulletproof and shows up as innocent on a cop check lmao

Ash Ketchum

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her
I195.jpg

Four down, one more to go! (I presume). Looks like Goombuigi was the Mafia Roleblocker all along.

Mija

True friends help you hide the bodies
Pronouns
She/her
Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 7.32.43 AM.png

Mija: Hah! That worked out!
Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 7.33.11 AM.png

Mija: I'm sure who t' roleblock tonight... Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 7.35.49 AM.png

Mija: Since I am, unfortunately, not the best at deducing things... So I'll take advice.

Aru Honshou

Ace Class Vice President
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
matershock.png

Well, I'll be darned, looks like he was a mafia after all! I reckon there ain't much left to do now. Just one mafier left...

materhappy.png

After what's happened today, I have some thoughts on who's left:

sus
mcd: what can i say, its a pretty easy claim to make, which is now much harder to disprove with the tracker being eliminated, and like tpg says if it's legit we can lynch him and he can bomb one of the other people we suspect. i think he should be our next target tomorrow

less sus
tucky: so this can go either way, but after he led a lynch on goombuigi completely unprovoked i think i'm leaning more towards town since honestly if this was a big-brained mafia scheme i feel like goombuigi would have actually responded instead of ghosting. but if mcd turns out to be town, then tucky would probably be a good pick to go to next... although thats partially because there really arent many other options
ns: i have an innocent cop check on him, and he's not the godfather, so the only way i see him being mafia is if the mafia's framer/jinx was able to "frame" themselves to make them appear innocent instead of mafia, which is basically having a second godfather which is just ???? i hope thats not the case

can go either way
green thunder: poor guy got dunked on yesterday and couldnt use his role but hopefully he'll be able to put it to good use tonight and that can help prove his innocence a bit more definitively

probably innocent
tpg: generally town plays so the only reason to suspect would be the miller claim being an easy out for checking as mafia, but i think he's done enough to earn our trust even if we have no way of actually properly proving his role
mija: goombuigi flipping roleblocker basically proves her innocence honestly, particularly since gt is backing up that he was roleblocked. i think it'd be pretty dumb to claim roleblocker when you aren't even the roleblocker on your team so yeah. sgow blocking me night 2 might look bad to you guys but honestly it seems to me like a very sgow thing to do so i dont really

basically confirmed inno: don't really have individual comments for each of these, you should know already why theyre here if you've been paying attention
fanta
blathers
wt
64dd
matergun.png

@Mija If yer lookin' for someone to block, I reckon the best option will be the giant rat (MCD). If he's mafia, then he won't be able to use his role, and if he ain't, then it won't affect him since his (claimed) role ain't got any night actions anyway.

MCD

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
you realise that with announcing this in the thread whoever the remaining mafias are can just not use their roles

Sygna Suit Red

Featuring Mega Charizard X from the Pokémon Series
Pronouns
He/him
During the night...

No one fainted.

It is now Day 7!
Phase End:

MCD

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
you don't have any solid evidence for this beyond me being the second-last (technically last if you're not counting goombuigi) to claim. yes ofc it was a good thing mafia didnt kill last night but the point i was making was that it proves nothing about my role. if anything i'm still more sus of the "innocent" bulletproof or the jailer who's never once used his role, or the vigilante who... well just look at this

Basically I screwed up in the last phase. I was feeling fatigued with the game so I wanted to try and bluff my way into getting the Mafia to waste their Nightkill on me. So I threatened a second kill. I didn't expect TPG to 'Enforce' me and by that stage it was too late to backtrack on the bluff. So I continued it to see if there would be any hijinx from TPG. Which there didn't seem to be. It wasn't a great plan and I apologise.
nobody has brought this up but this is a bizarre explanation and seems like an easy out for getting a useful innocent to waste his role, and considering how many people have seemed to conveniently not used their roles in ways that have allowed kills to go through. if the mafia have a converting role then we are screwed because we never once considered that as a possibility.

the other outcome im thinking of at the moment is that the mafia found out revin was the cop very early on and converted him, then using that established sense of trust he got rid of his teammates when it was clear things were going awry (conflicting roleclaims, inactivity, etc), then made up those fake results to make us think there was a framer.

currently im more inclined to vote: fantanoice

The Pyro Guy

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him

its not ash
we enforced him tonight as well and there was no nightkill
if he was mafia the kill would have gone though with my help
but it didnt so hes not

MCD

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
again, the mafia's best strategic choice last night would've been not to kill anyone.

EDIT: and wait, why did you even enforce him?? didn't he say it was a bluff yesterday? shouldn't something have happened, i cant put my finger on what

Aru Honshou

Ace Class Vice President
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Reverse Input

Truth be told, I was hopin' the clowns were smart enough to have enforced my powers last night so I'd be able to trust my results to be untampered with... but I guess they missed the memo that the vigilante didn't actually have any more kills? Real shame.

Anyway, even if the results I got sayin' you were mafia could technically have been messed with, I'm still keepin' my vote where it is for now cause I still reckon that killin' you is the best way to go. I'm open to more discussion, but most people here got solid claims or some kind of stronger evidence for their innocence than you do. If you're really tellin' the truth, you can just bomb whoever you thinks most suspicious. We've wiped out four mafia already. If push comes to shove and we're missin' some evidence, we can still afford to risk makin' a couple of mistakes.

@Mija @Delfino Plaza @Emerald Toaster please tell us your night results when you have a chance.

The Pyro Guy

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him

in case it was a double bluff duh

anyway well be charmed to test your theory once we confirm if youre making shit up or not by lynching you

not like were in a position where we need to conserve resources theres 10 of us and 1 of you

even if your converter theory is true 9:2 aint a bad deal rn

Ash Ketchum

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her
Usually converters trigger after the player dies. We haven't seen that on any of the mafia members we killed. Also Vig has 1 kill almost every time. Sheep Mafia was the only one I remember having 2. Do whatever with that info.

I still didn't quite understand TPG's role or trust him when I made the bluff. If I had I may have been more careful. But you also forgot Rose was threatening being a bomber-like as well so in the off-chance that was true I wanted to draw out that kill as well

Mafia not attempting a kill is ridiculous when that's the objective and they're so far behind. Like good luck if your plan is to convince people in the day phase after everyone roleclaimed

Also Mija posted as I was typing and blocked MCD not Toaster? Even though Toaster claims they were roleblocked. And the Mafia roleblocker is dead? 🤔 🤔 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.