Pokémon Masters Mafia - Game Thread (Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Ketchum

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her

An Enforcer is a role that allows the factional kill to block actions. Someone killed by an Enforcer will have their actions fail that night.

It is equivalent to combining the factional kill with a Roleblocker. However, an Enforcer may still opt to use the factional kill normally. This is useful to gate the Enforcer ability.

A Vigilante can be combined with a Roleblocker to have a similar effect to an Enforcer.

EP7299.jpg

:ashthink:

Like I don't exactly think TPG is Mafia but the role (or at least the name) still bothers me. Claiming Miller is also a convenient cover for a Mafian.

Gary seems to be defending a lot which is interesting for two players who appear as Mafia on cop checks. But having said that, there's still the Godfather out there. So I think it's likely that there's only one Mafian and the Godfather left.

NS's claim of Bulletproof is clever if they're Mafia / Godfather. Because it's a convenient cover for not being Nightkilled.

Not sure why everyone is looking the other way with Mija when they literally claimed Roleblocker? When we supposedly have an Innocent-aligned Roleblocker in Toaster. Dunno how much Mafia they've played before but not ruling out them blundering and revealing their Mafia alignment. It's also interesting that SGoW roleblocked Revin the night after he interrogated Gary. It's possible they had deduced Revin was the Cop because of this. Because Gary was either a) in the Mafia and discovered or b) was framed and conveniently Revin checked them and started hounding them.

Goombuigi sus from low activity and I don't think they ever roleclaimed

MCD also sus for low activity. They claimed Bomber which isn't a nightrole. It isn't much of an inno role tbh and similar to BBQ with the Granny. Also reads a lot like what Rose was claiming earlier. Might be worth Tracking them to confirm they can't do anything at night. But they're the most suspicious rn.

I'm surprised nobody came forward as a role-deducing cop. Could just not have it in the game but yeah, it's weird

Anyway at this stage I'm think Mija and MCD are the last Mafia members so get ready to die tonight one of you.​

Mija

True friends help you hide the bodies
Pronouns
She/her
Not sure why everyone is looking the other way with Mija when they literally claimed Roleblocker? When we supposedly have an Innocent-aligned Roleblocker in Toaster.

Anyway at this stage I'm think Mija and MCD are the last Mafia members so get ready to die tonight one of you.​
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.37.06 AM.png

Mija: I roleblocked the Toaster last night, I can promise you that he's the Mafia roleblocker. If I was Mafia I would've wanted the Toaster killed because he was the other roleblocker.
Toast used Roleblock on Huey
Its super effective
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.41.55 AM.png

Mija: This is a possible lie, but he also chose to trust me as seen here
hi Mija
I will trust you aswell
Mija: A strange choice, if he was innocent he would probably distrust me. And even though I had already revealed my role he didn't immediately work to prove I was Mafia. Strange, he didn't state he was going to roleblock me or anyone else who has been deemed suspicious, but if he was the innocent roleblocker he most likely would have done something about a Mafia member. He at least would distrust someone with the same role.
But he doesn't. He doesn't try to prove I'm part of the Mafia. And that's because I'm not the Mafia member.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mija

Pronouns
She/her
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 8.02.42 AM.png

Mija: ALSO! My story lines up with what the town roleblocker did, from what I know the Toaster was at least somewhat active for the point before I arrived. If he was the Innocent Roleblocker he should have done more.
View attachment 17799
Mija: My previous role holder only took one action from the looks of it... They roleblocked Reverse Input on Night two.
Looking back on Day 3, Revin said he was roleblocked on Night 2, so this seems legit.
I trust Mija for the most part now.

That does however confirm the Mafia Roleblocker theory, as the Town Roleblocker was evidently AFK for most of their nights. Mija could be lying but this just makes me suspect GreenThunder's Jailor claim even more. I'll look into both of them more once we get rid of Rose.
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.56.47 AM.png

Mija: Here's a chain of conversations to help with the evidence against the Toaster.
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.58.13 AM.png

Mija: I know this is a lot of talking, and I sound desperate. But it's because I don't want us to make a mistake and lose. I'll vote once more people contribute any evidence they may have.

Last edited:

Aru Honshou

Ace Class Vice President
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Reverse Input

Aw, shucks... I can't believe Gary's dead. I know he and I got off to a bad start, what with that old coot of a professor givin' me false info, but he ended up bein' a good egg after all. I wish he was still around so I coulda said sorry to him for bein' so suspicious of him...

But, ain't no use fixatin' on the past! Gotta move on forward, lookin' for new suspects, and bring the rest of these mafiers to justice! First things first: my results. Tonight I reckoned I'd check those medieval lookin' folks (NS)... somethin' bout the way they hang out in a crowd didn't sit right with me, and I wanted to make sure they weren't pullin' the wool over our eyes with that "bulletproof" claim of theirs. Results say they're innocent... although now we know for sure that there's someone out there who can mess with my results, I still ain't sure if they're any use at all...

Now, for where we're movin' forward to... most important thing is fer people with roles to explain their actions and results. I'm 'specially interested in knowin' if Ash tried to use that second kill of his... but I reckon other people's actions will be helpful to know too. I'll have more thoughts on what to do next once I hear from more people, but for now I'm gonna focus on clearin' somethin' up first.

View attachment 17838
Mija: I roleblocked the Toaster last night, I can promise you that he's the Mafia roleblocker. If I was Mafia I would've wanted the Toaster killed because he was the other roleblocker.

View attachment 17839
Mija: This is a possible lie, but he also chose to trust me as seen here

Mija: A strange choice, if he was innocent he would probably distrust me. And even though I had already revealed my role he didn't immediately work to prove I was Mafia. Strange, he didn't state he was going to roleblock me or anyone else who has been deemed suspicious, but if he was the innocent roleblocker he most likely would have done something about a Mafia member. He at least would distrust someone with the same role.
But he doesn't. He doesn't try to prove I'm part of the Mafia. And that's because I'm not the Mafia member.
View attachment 17847
Mija: ALSO! My story lines up with what the town roleblocker did, from what I know the Toaster was at least somewhat active for the point before I arrived. If he was the Innocent Roleblocker he should have done more.

View attachment 17844
Mija: Here's a chain of conversations to help with the evidence against the Toaster.
View attachment 17845
Mija: I know this is a lot of talking, and I sound desperate. But it's because I don't want us to make a mistake and lose. I'll vote once more people contribute any evidence they may have.

Yer sure keen to get yerself talkin', ain't ya, li'l kitty? But I reckon there's a few fatal flaws in yer logic.

First and foremost: all yer arguments are based on the both of y'all claimin' to be Innocent Roleblockers, but that's wrong. He said it a little confusin', but the Toaster's claim ain't roleblocker, it's the Jailer, a role that does both protectin' like a doctor and roleblockin' like you do. It ain't a case of one or the other (far as we know, anyways), so both of ya can be 'round at the same time.

Second: yer arguments for what the "town roleblocker did" don't mean much at all. Fact is, till you showed up, we weren't even sure there was a town roleblocker, and, as Ash pointed out, roleblockin' me night 2 could have just as well been a mafia move rather than a town one. So you can't go 'round sayin' "my story lines up with the town roleblocker's story" cause the only town roleblocker story we have comes from you.

Last thing: there's lots of little things yer saying here that make you sound real desparate. In case you ain't noticed, there are 3 mafia dead already, meanin' that there's only a max of two left to kill before the town wins this, so the only ones who'll be makin' a mistake and potentially losin' in the near future are gonna be the mafia. If you're really town you ain't got nothin' to be worryin' about right now... do ya?

If you want my advice, you should put on the brakes, take another look at everythin' that's been said and come to a more level-headed conclusion instead of rushin' headfirst into somethin', cause that ain't always worth it.

...I'm speakin' from experience.

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
I'd like to hear the rest of the night results but I'll begin by placing a vote on Goombuigi, he's still the highest suspect for me and the one who'd make the most sense to be the godfather. I don't have any solid proof to back this but I also want to put more pressure on him.
Vote: Goombuigi

Aru Honshou

Ace Class Vice President
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Reverse Input

Personally, I ain't convinced quite yet the paint can's a member of the mafia... the few posts he's made could go either way, and I just think he ain't payin' any attention to anythin' that's been goin' on...

...but that bein' said, I wanna hear from him too, and seein' it's early in the phase and he's shown before that he responds to this sorta pressure...

Yer the only one who hasn't shared a role, or done anythin' else since Day 4, so I wanna hear at least somethin' from you before the first half of the day is over. If ya choose to stay quiet... well, I reckon there's some people who'll probably move to make that silence permanent with their votes today if you don't stick up for yerself.

Toasty Toad

All toasters toast toast
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
GreenWeegee
If I was Mafia then I would not be much of a threat because I was a terrible Mafia(calling back to the galaxy)and my role would not help the Mafia that much

Mija

Pronouns
She/her
Is there a reason you didn't roleblock MCD or Tucayo as TPG suggested?
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.28.49 AM.png

Mija: Unfortunately that message was received after I had put my action in, roleblocking the Toaster

Aw, shucks... I can't believe Gary's dead. I know he and I got off to a bad start, what with that old coot of a professor givin' me false info, but he ended up bein' a good egg after all. I wish he was still around so I coulda said sorry to him for bein' so suspicious of him...

But, ain't no use fixatin' on the past! Gotta move on forward, lookin' for new suspects, and bring the rest of these mafiers to justice! First things first: my results. Tonight I reckoned I'd check those medieval lookin' folks (NS)... somethin' bout the way they hang out in a crowd didn't sit right with me, and I wanted to make sure they weren't pullin' the wool over our eyes with that "bulletproof" claim of theirs. Results say they're innocent... although now we know for sure that there's someone out there who can mess with my results, I still ain't sure if they're any use at all...

Now, for where we're movin' forward to... most important thing is fer people with roles to explain their actions and results. I'm 'specially interested in knowin' if Ash tried to use that second kill of his... but I reckon other people's actions will be helpful to know too. I'll have more thoughts on what to do next once I hear from more people, but for now I'm gonna focus on clearin' somethin' up first.

Yer sure keen to get yerself talkin', ain't ya, li'l kitty? But I reckon there's a few fatal flaws in yer logic.

First and foremost: all yer arguments are based on the both of y'all claimin' to be Innocent Roleblockers, but that's wrong. He said it a little confusin', but the Toaster's claim ain't roleblocker, it's the Jailer, a role that does both protectin' like a doctor and roleblockin' like you do. It ain't a case of one or the other (far as we know, anyways), so both of ya can be 'round at the same time.

Second: yer arguments for what the "town roleblocker did" don't mean much at all. Fact is, till you showed up, we weren't even sure there was a town roleblocker, and, as Ash pointed out, roleblockin' me night 2 could have just as well been a mafia move rather than a town one. So you can't go 'round sayin' "my story lines up with the town roleblocker's story" cause the only town roleblocker story we have comes from you.

Last thing: there's lots of little things yer saying here that make you sound real desparate. In case you ain't noticed, there are 3 mafia dead already, meanin' that there's only a max of two left to kill before the town wins this, so the only ones who'll be makin' a mistake and potentially losin' in the near future are gonna be the mafia. If you're really town you ain't got nothin' to be worryin' about right now... do ya?

If you want my advice, you should put on the brakes, take another look at everythin' that's been said and come to a more level-headed conclusion instead of rushin' headfirst into somethin', cause that ain't always worth it.

...I'm speakin' from experience.
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.33.32 AM.png

Mija: That is true... Perspective does show that. I'm just trying to work through a situation I'm unfamiliar with. It's difficult for me to calm down and not go full steam ahead in any claim I'm making. The wording from the Toaster mixed me up, I'll fess up to that. I don't fully understand what made me a higher priority suspect and I'm trying to tie up loose ends in my story, but I forget that my efforts can easily make me seem more guilty and make more loose ends.
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.41.27 AM.png

Mija: Hate t' say it, but I ain't a detective, I'm not gonna be good at this yet.
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.44.21 AM.png

Mija: Heh, it took years to become a general back home, not like I'll hit the bullseye first time I shoot the gun.

Last edited:

Waluigi Time

Shmaluigi Kart: Double Dash!!
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Waluigi Time

Inteleon
My my, it appears a few of us went off-script last night. Curious. I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

Mr. Ketchum, you seemed pretty adamant on using a vigkill last night, and it seemed the clowns had planned to ensure the success of your actions. Unless you completely shifted gears and went for Mr. Oak last night, one of you didn't come through. I would like an account of your night actions from both of you, please.

To the toaster, Ms. Mija claims to have roleblocked you last night. Can you confirm this? Who did you attempt to target with your night actions? Oh, and I'm not sure if you know this, but these roles are mostly assigned at random. Saying that you would not be much of a threat if you were mafia is, quite possibly, the saddest defense I have ever heard in my time as an international spy.

I would also like an account of last night's events from Mr. Fils-Aime, and from Mr. 64DD as well, I suppose. Can't hurt.

Reigen Arataka

Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century (not conman)
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Luigi 64DD
I would also like an account of last night's events from Mr. Fils-Aime, and from Mr. 64DD as well, I suppose. Can't hurt.
It can, actually. I think it's more strategic at this point if the mafia do not know who I've protected, and unless it's directly relevant to something else, it doesn't really benefit the innos to know. I can say, however, that my action did go through. Unfortunately, I obviously did not choose the same target the mafia did.

Sygna Suit Red

Featuring Mega Charizard X from the Pokémon Series
Pronouns
He/him
Current Vote Tally:

Goombuigi (2) - Tucayo, Reverse Input

23 hours remaining.

Ash Ketchum

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her
Yeah so keeping it brief because it's late

Basically I screwed up in the last phase. I was feeling fatigued with the game so I wanted to try and bluff my way into getting the Mafia to waste their Nightkill on me. So I threatened a second kill. I didn't expect TPG to 'Enforce' me and by that stage it was too late to backtrack on the bluff. So I continued it to see if there would be any hijinx from TPG. Which there didn't seem to be. It wasn't a great plan and I apologise.

When was the last time Goombuigi posted? If he has been inactive for a long while he should probably be replaced - assuming he hasn't been active in Mafia chat which is a possibility.

I'm still sus of Mija because of SGoW's Revin roleblock. Seemed way too convenient after Gary was framed . And for blocking GreenThunder when there were more pressing targets. Vote Mija

The Pyro Guy

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him

🌌🧠🤡🔎📓🔍🤡🧠🌌

thats what were sayin anyway
yeah i agree that it does look really fucking bad that this mija character has only roleblocked the cop so far and then went off script to target our jailor for no good reason
well we enforced that cop roleblock but whatever were cool as hell and can get away with it lmao

so @Mija did you not even try and resubmit to follow the plan? first time ive ever known an action to be unchangeable after you commit to it

Mija

Pronouns
She/her

🌌🧠🤡🔎📓🔍🤡🧠🌌

thats what were sayin anyway
yeah i agree that it does look really fucking bad that this mija character has only roleblocked the cop so far and then went off script to target our jailor for no good reason
well we enforced that cop roleblock but whatever were cool as hell and can get away with it lmao

so @Mija did you not even try and resubmit to follow the plan? first time ive ever known an action to be unchangeable after you commit to it
1631651980729.png

Mija: I wasn't aware you could resubmit an action.

The Pyro Guy

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him

well i cant argue with that and you arent going to die over it
yet
huey though
that paint cans gotta go
theres a fine line between not posting and being unable to post (because you get lynched lol) and im sayin we should cross that line NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.