Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
M11 - Favorite Major Character
Directed by Bryan "MCD" Cranston

"You okay...?"

"Gotta say, I don't like the way you're looking at me right now."

"..."

"It was you... all along, it was YOU!! You son of a Goomba. You drove into traffic to keep me from that fortress."

"Calm down-"

"That call I got, telling me Peach was in the hospital? That wasn't Yoshi. You had my cell number."
"You killed ten Shy Guys to hide your sorry ass. You bombed a Toad House...!"
"Mama Luigi.... Mama Luigi... you lying, two-faced sack of shit."

"Mario- Look, I- I don't know where this is coming from, Mario, but just-"

"I swear to Christ. I will put you under the Minus World."

"Just take a breath and listen to yourself, okay, just listen to yourself."
"These wild accusations, they could destroy our family, and for what?"

"Like you give a shit about family."

"Mario, my Terminal 7 is back."

"Good. Now rot, you son of a Goomba."

"I'm sorry you feel that way."
"I wanna beat this thing, I do. I am back on Mushrooms and fighting like hell."
"But the truth is, in six months you won't have someone to prosecute."
"But even if, somehow, you were able to convince anyone I was capable of doing these things..."
"You and I both know I would never see the inside of a castle."

"I'm a dying plumber who runs a car wash roleplay, my right hand to Mama Mario, that is all that I am. What's the point?"

"Have Daisy bring the Toads here... and then we'll talk."

"That is not going to happen."

"...I don't know who you are... I don't know who I'm talking to."

"If that's true... if you don't know who I am..."
"Then... maybe your best course..."

"...would be to jump lightly."

MEANWHILE

[ SADLY GO KARTS ]

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Luigi49223.48%
2Mario33015.75%
3Yoshi32015.27%
4Bowser Jr.2089.93%
5Bowser1949.26%
6Wario1758.35%
7Toad1466.97%
8Princess Peach1456.92%
9Donkey Kong854.06%
Total Votes: 2095
results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

Reverse Input is up next with M23 - Favorite Game Mechanic!

Aru Honshou

Ace Class Vice President
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Reverse Input

whats up POSERS its ya boi lightning the hedghog, comin at u LIVE from the mario awards!!
everyone knows that the best thing about an award show is not the awards themselves but the COOL EXCLUSIVE game reveals, so today im here to talk to you about all the cool new completely original features that are appearing in my upcoming video game, lightning the hedghog: the movie: the game: the game. so get ready for a
WORLD PREMIERE

the first spiffy feature is this weird elements thing? idk it got added late in development so i dont know what it does but i think i can use fire and water and stuff which is REALLY NEAT

next we have the awesome egg mechanics, which let you throw eggs!! its very fun throwing eggs around the place and the dinosaurs dont mind at all. trust me

gaming used to be lonely, but now you can share the fun with your awesome pals by playing as gooightning. he can do all the things i can except hes made of funky coffee goop

theres also a vacuum cleaner (the poltergust??) that can be used to clean up any messes he makes

another spiffy feature is lightning transformations which let me turn into different awesome things when i touch certain enemies and characters and stuff. not all of them though, only some of them. dont ask why

of course, the kart racing has lots of neat features to differentiate itself from the competition, like anti-gravity which lets you race upside down like you're driving a cool future car that you think can fly but actually falls off if you go off the track making it pointless

of course, when youre racing upside down you gotta make sure you keep your badges firmly fastened to your jacket because if they fall off you wont get those sick stat boosts and gameplay changes that make the game even cooler and more funner

and speaking of kart racing, this game has a totally gnarly kart customisation menu that lets you mix and match all sorts of cool car parts so you can have the best option to win the piston cup in the way you find most comfy

another cool power is the flood cannon thing that lets you squirt water everywhere, letting you clean up all the gross goopy stuff thats been literring the island and making it look very messy and not like a good vacation spot. like gooightning

heres another cool feature that sets our game apart from all the other ones, the timed attack action commands. when you attack an enemy, you can do more damage if you press the attack button at the same time your attack lands! way more fun than a normal battle system that doesnt let you press buttons to do more damage

and even better, you can team up with gooightning to do cool brother attaacks which also have button presses but are even more powerful and fun to do than the normal attacks

and speaking of kart racing, my game also lets you have two racerss at once which means that one of you can throw bananas while the driver focuses on getting the piston cup/escaping the scene of the crime

theres also a super duper cool gravity mechanic that lets you wander around tiny plantetoids to go around and around and around them. this is completely different from anti-gravity and i assure you theres absolutely no redundancy in any of the cool gaming features

and speaking of redundancy, move over gooightning, because the cool new partner feature is gonna put you out of a job. when you go around adventuring you can team up with cool people you meet who will help you out in battle, each with their own unique and fun abilities and moves (unlike gooighningt who is just me but coffee flavoured)

and last, but absolutely definitely no way not the least...

the super awesome CAPTURE mechanic lets you throw your hat and possess this frog, letting you take control of it and do cool things that only frogs can do. and as if that wasnt enough...

theres a whole bunch of other wacky, original and completely non-derivative characters that you can ALSO capture so i hope you have a great time seeing all the cool things they can do!!!!

thats all for today but please stay tuned for more info in the next lightning direct, coming someday probably maybe never! enjoy the rest of the game awards everyone!!!

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Cappy/Captures (Super Mario Odyssey)45825.08%
2Partners (Paper Mario series)19910.90%
3Gravity (Super Mario Galaxy)1709.31%
4Two racers (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!)1679.15%
5Bros. Attacks (Mario & Luigi series)1196.52%
6Timed hits/action commands (Mario RPG titles)1116.08%
7F.L.U.D.D. (Super Mario Sunshine)1075.86%
8Kart customization (Mario Kart series)995.42%
9Badges (Paper Mario series)754.11%
10Anti-gravity (Mario Kart 8)713.89%
11Wario transformations (Wario Land series)653.56%
12Poltergust (Luigi's Mansion series)603.29%
13Gooigi (Luigi's Mansion 3)573.12%
14Egg mechanics (Yoshi series)311.70%
15Elements (Luigi's Mansion)160.88%
16O. Flip (Super Paper Mario)30.16%
17O. Bowser Jr. (Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury)20.11%
17O. Synchronized overworld movement between Mario and Luigi (Mario & Luigi series)20.11%
19O. Animal mounts (Donkey Kong Country series)10.05%
19O. Building levels (Super Mario Maker series)10.05%
19O. Cap jumping (Super Mario Odyssey)10.05%
19O. Caps (SM64)10.05%
19O. Cat-themed enemies, items, etc. (Super Mario 3D World)10.05%
19O. Character-specific attributes (Super Mario Bros. 2)10.05%
19O. Course elements (Super Mario Maker series)10.05%
19O. Dodging (Mario & Luigi series)10.05%
19O. Escaping levels (Wario Land 4/Wario Land: Shake It!)10.05%
19O. Glider (Mario Kart series)10.05%
19O. Jumping10.05%
19O. Super Bell (Super Mario 3D World)10.05%
19O. Vacuum Block (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story)10.05%
19O. Vibes (Super Princess Peach)10.05%
Total Votes: 1826

Hooded Pitohui is up next with M14 - Favorite Species!

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui

Excerpts from the personal journal of W. P. Hoodington:

05-02-2021

They called this work a waste of time. They denied grant application after grant application. They lumped us in with those deluded paranormal researchers, with the likes of Elvin and Toadley! They insisted that this research had "no practical value". At every turn, we have encountered opposition and nay-sayers, yet we have persevered.

And what have we to show for our work?

Why, nothing less than the answer to one of the most important questions left unanswered by modern science!

Yes, why, today, young Goombuigi and have finally confirmed that #5 Boos do indeed produce saliva.

Of course, the implications of this discovery are staggering, but, with our own fortunes sunk into this research, we must find a way to profit from this discovery and we must do it quickly. There is clearly only one thing which we can do. If that FRAUD Elvin can extract substances from ghosts and mix them into coffee, certainly we should be able to create a spectral blend that will knock people dead with its taste. Already, I have Goombuigi preparing our new brew. For the rest of today, I shall be out of the lab, rounding up volunteers.

Oh, I cannot wait to see what a revolution this discovery brings about!
07-02-2021

Never before have I seen so many collapse in unison, without breath and without pulse.

Today has been a disaster. Our entire group of volunteers suddenly collapsed. It took not only the university's entire supply of 1-Up Mushrooms and Life Shrooms to rouse them from their unconscious state, but an emergency delivery of Megavitamins from Mushroom General. I shudder to think what might have happened had Dr. Goomba Tower not have been present to observe today's taste-testing. Without him, we might have had...

Oh, no, we can't deal in hypotheticals. The number of obituaries which will have to be written as a result of today's incident is, thanks to good grace, zero, but we continue to have a massive issue on our hands. The police are here, beginning a full-scale investigation of today's incident. I am troubled by the thought that this simple mistake could end young Goombuigi's career before it even begins. Why, of course, I do not wish to see him in legal trouble, but... I am a Toady of science. If anyone requests it, I must turn over all records and documents in this lab in an unaltered form. Undoubtedly, there will be consequences for young Goombuigi when the police discover that he prepared our brew.

I do not know what to expect in the coming days.

14-02-2021

We have been blessed by serendipitous circumstances! Young Goombuigi is free of any charges of criminal activity, and our lab is no longer under investigation! Yes, it appears that Dr. Goomba Tower has, as they say, landed in hot water. Apparently, Dr. Goomba Tower was actually three Goombas in a labcoat! I could hardly believe the news.

With this revelation, the investigation team has determined that the two unlicensed Goombas who were present at our taste test will bear the responsibility for last week's incident.

Entirely coincidentally - or so I am told that young Goombuigi and I are to say in public - our lab has been approached by the Mushroom Kingdom Ministry of Defense. They have requested that we produce more samples of Boo saliva-infused drinks for their use. I was somewhat skeptical of their intentions at first, but they have proven extraordinarily generous with the funding they have promised the lab.

It seems that this research has practical applications after all! How exciting!

21-04-2021

It has been years since this laboratory has been this full of mirth and merriment!

I ought to record the full story on these pages for the benefit of posterity. This morning began as any other, with Goombuigi cleaning the Electrokoopa cages while I began preparing the voltmeter, but, shortly after 9:00 MKT, our work was interrupted when Goombuigi reported that he was hearing a strange thumping noise. I heard it as well, so we embarked on a quest to find the source of this disturbance. After a few minutes spent searching, we were able to determine the noise was coming from a cabinet along the back wall. Another stray Little Mouser, we presumed as we opened the cabinet. Oh… we were in for a shock when we saw what was actually inside of our cabinet.

Neither young Goombuigi or myself expected we would find an undiscovered species! Based on its morphology alone, we hypothesize that this creature belongs to the order Lagomorpha. As its ears vaguely resemble stars, we have, for the moment, dubbed this creature a “Star Bunny.” Young Goombuigi is currently measuring its jumps.

With any luck, we shall be able to collect more information on the creature in the coming days. I must be certain to remind young Goombuigi not to stay up too late on the night of the Star Festival, lest he be unprepared to carry out our work.

22-04-2021

An oppressive melancholic atmosphere hangs over the lab today. Upon arriving today, young Goombuigi made me aware that something was ailing the newest addition to our lab. Fearing for its safety, we made haste and ran some tests on its physiology. All at once, our worst fears were… No, we could never have anticipated what we discovered.

The physiology of this Star Bunny, it is not at all adapted to this planet’s gravity. Its circulatory system is functioning inadequately, and the strain of this planet’s gravity on its muscles and bones is beginning to show.

The Star Bunny is in pain, and we cannot delay in finding some means of getting it off this planet. I will work through the night to do whatever I must to make arrangements. Young Goombuigi will remain in the lab tonight to tend to it. I cannot help but admire his dedication to his work. To volunteer to work through the Star Festival… Young Goombuigi has a bright future ahead of him.

I can spare no more time for writing. I must be off. I can only hope that, while I am out, young Goombuigi finally finds some success in getting the Star Bunny to eat. So far, it has rejected every last item we have offered it.

23-04-2021

I… I cannot be certain of what has transpired here. I could not believe my own eyes when I arrived at the lab this morning. Young Goombuigi lie there, sprawled out on the lab floor, the Electrokoopa wandering outside of its cage, the windows open, Star Bits bouncing all over the place, and no trace of the Star Bunny.

When I finally roused young Goombuigi from his slumber, he provided a fantastical account of the night’s events. Apparently, as Star Bits began to fall from the sky, the Star Bunny became irritated, pounding on the windows, refusing to settle down until young Goombuigi opened the windows and allowed it to roam freely. It gathered as many Star Bits as it could, then returned to the lab, where, as young Goombuigi recalls it, it… transformed into a small living Star, or, as young Goombuigi has christened it, a #4: Luma. This… Luma, as it were, gorged itself on the Star Bits, before waving farewell to Goombuigi and rocketing off, out of the window and into the distant skies, leaving the lab in such poor shape.

Were it not for all that I’ve seen, I would scarcely believe such a story, and, yet… there is stranger out in this world. What to make of young Goombuigi’s story, I do not know, but… I will hope that someday, somehow, perhaps, we can again meet a Luma or a Star Bunny and unravel this mystery.

17-06-2021

I cannot find young Goombuigi anywhere. This is unlike him. He’s usually so punctual. Oh, yes, but I should back up. I cannot expect this journal to be of much use if I do not provide full accounts of the lab’s ongoing work.

Upon arriving at the lab this morning, I found that a letter had been slipped under the door, alongside an extraordinary origami recreation of young Goombuigi. I wasn’t even aware that origami could look so lifelike! Yes, this “King Olly,” certainly must have studied young Goombuigi well, if the detail of his origami creation is any indication. It is such a shame young Goombuigi’s whereabouts are unknown. I cannot wait to see his face when he sees this gift.

But I digress. King Olly - what an unusual decision first name, “King” - requested that we send every document we possess regarding the physiology of #3 Toads. His letter makes grand claims about rewarding us with a “new life,” but I needn’t such lofty promises to motivate me to pass along information to someone so eager to learn from the work we have conducted.

I must make haste in preparing these documents. King Olly will be here in two hours!

24-06-2021

There will be no discussion of what has happened over the past week. Young Goombuigi and I have reached an agreement, and we both believe what we have been through this week is better left unsaid.

We should be able to resume our work tomorrow, thankfully, after we finish clearing the lab of any and all staplers. I must remember to fill out a request form for binder clips before we depart this evening...

10-08-2021

This year has been a rough one, of that there can be no doubt, but, finally, we have had a period of relative peace in the lab. Our work is proceeding smoothly. Young Goombuigi is currently working on funneling the #2 Shy Guys which we called upon into the laboratory.

Tomorrow, the real work shall begin. The Shy Guys ought to provide us with enough food for our subjects for a month. I sense promising things from this research. Promising things indeed!

11-08-2021

Now that we have the Shy Guys in the laboratory, we have everything we need to begin our research on the properties of the eggs of #1: Yoshis.

Unfortunately, there was a mishap earlier today. There I stood right beside a Shy Guy, young Goombuigi on the other side of me, as attentive as ever as I took the time to demonstrate to him the proper technique for coaxing a Yoshi to swallow its prey and produce an egg. As always, I whistled to get the attention of the Yoshi. Just as I prepared to explain to young Goombuigi the importance of backing away before whistling a second time to prompt the Yoshi to extend its tongue, I heard a ding from my computer.

This particular ding is indicative of only high-priority emails, so, naturally, I stepped away and walked over to my computer, asking young Goombuigi to stay put and assuring him that I would return in a moment. Unfortunately, I had not anticipated, seeing the email from my old colleague Phineas J. Shoe, that the link in the email would lead to a video of Phineas testing out a giant alarm clock. The noise blared through the speakers, startling the Yoshi we had in the laboratory, and…

Well, suffice to say, I have already put in a budget request to cover the cost of young Goombuigi’s dry-cleaning. To focus on the positive outcomes of today’s events, though, I believe young Goombuigi now has a chance to become the first researcher to publish a firsthand account of what it is like to be trapped in a Yoshi’s egg! This will be a wonderful opportunity to allow young Goombuigi to co-author a paper with me.

Now, I must remember, tomorrow, to show young Goombuigi the importance of having fruit on-hand when working with Yoshi. So long as you have a piece of fruit you can use as a distraction, there is absolutely no danger of being eaten!

12-08-2021

I’m sorry if this change in hand-writing is abrupt, but this is Goombuigi, research assistant to Dr. Hoodington. Dr. Hoodington is incapicatated, and I’ve been told that I should continue this journal if he were ever unable to.

I don’t have much time to write. The lab is filled with eggs. Dr. Hoodington brought a pile of fruit into the lab today. He said that we’d be safe as long as we had the fruit in the room, since the Yoshi would always eat the fruit before anything else, but, even when Dr. Hoodington whistled, the Yoshi wouldn’t eat anything. Dr. Hoodington wasn’t sure what was going on, so he picked up a piece of fruit and approached the Yoshi to try and hand-feed it.

I asked him if it was dangerous, but he kept saying that nothing could go wrong so long as we had the fruit. Dr. Hoodington said that Yoshis will always eat any fruit they see.

A few seconds later, the Yoshi saw the fruit in his hands and wrapped his tongue around it… and him.

Once the Yoshi had tasted the fruit, it went and ate the rest of the fruit we had piled up.

Now there are eggs everywhere in the lab, and I don’t know which one has Dr. Hoodington inside of it.

I should get cracking on cracking these eggs.

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Yoshis35418.85%
2Shy Guys19210.22%
3Toads1779.42%
4Lumas1407.45%
5Boos1377.29%
6Koopa Troopas1085.75%
7Kongs985.22%
8Humans965.11%
9Goombas824.37%
10Dry Bones733.89%
11Hammer Bros.693.67%
12Bob-ombs613.25%
13Piranha Plants573.04%
14Magikoopas472.50%
15Chain Chomps382.02%
16Wigglers311.65%
17Lakitus261.38%
18Toadies241.28%
19O. Piantas60.32%
19O. Pokeys60.32%
21O. Koopatrols40.21%
22O. Beanish30.16%
22O. Birdos30.16%
24O. Bloopers20.11%
24O. Bowser's species20.11%
24O. Flame Chomps20.11%
24O. Fuzzies20.11%
24O. Kremlings20.11%
24O. Miis20.11%
24O. Monty Moles20.11%
24O. Nokis20.11%
24O. Spikes20.11%
24O. Thwomps20.11%
24O. Tostarenans20.11%
35O. Attacky Sacks10.05%
35O. Bonneters10.05%
35O. Broozers10.05%
35O. Bullet Bills10.05%
35O. Bumpties10.05%
35O. Cats10.05%
35O. Chargin' Chucks10.05%
35O. Dragons10.05%
35O. Fish10.05%
35O. Fizzlits10.05%
35O. Flurries10.05%
35O. Koopa Paratroopas10.05%
35O. Koopalings10.05%
35O. Madpoles10.05%
35O. Ninjis10.05%
35O. Pidgits10.05%
35O. Plessies10.05%
35O. Shake King's species10.05%
35O. Shamans10.05%
35O. Snifits10.05%
35O. Squigglers10.05%
35O. Stars10.05%
35O. Steam Gardeners10.05%
35O. Volbonans10.05%
Total Votes: 1878

Ninelevendo is up next with M20 - Favorite Sports Game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen

Do You Ever Yearn For The Soft Touch Of A Pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him

Hey, what’s going on in here? You talkin’ about *hic* Mario Party 8?
PART what is happening

WALTAR: HOW DID WE ESCAPE THE FACILITY AND END UP AT MARIO AWARDS
JESSER: MR WHITE I DONT KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED EITHER BUT I BROUGHT TWO WII REMOTES AND A BUNCH OF BEER
JESSER: lets play some mario party 8
WALTAR: hawke make sure you wear the wrist strap
JESSER: this is so much fucking fun mr. white
WALTAR: i know jesser this is the ending we're dreaming of

no context given im sorry

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Posting on behalf of Ninelevendo

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Mario Super Sluggers22213.81%
2Mario Strikers Charged20012.45%
3Mario Tennis Aces18611.57%
4Mario Power Tennis1287.97%
5Mario Sports Mix1227.59%
6Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games1046.47%
7Super Mario Strikers855.29%
8Mario Tennis (N64)815.04%
9Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020794.92%
9Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games794.92%
11Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour734.54%
12Mario Golf: World Tour603.73%
13Mario Hoops 3-on-3583.61%
14Mario Superstar Baseball432.68%
15Mario Tennis Open221.37%
16Mario Sports Superstars211.31%
17O. Mario Golf: Super Rush171.06%
18O. Mario Golf (N64)80.50%
19O. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games40.25%
19O. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash40.25%
21O. Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games20.12%
21O. Mario Golf (GBC)20.12%
21O. Mario Golf: Advance Tour20.12%
21O. Mario Tennis (GBC)20.12%
25O. Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix10.06%
25O. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games10.06%
25O. NES Open Tournament Golf10.06%
Total Votes: 1607

Bazooka Mario is up next with M12 - Favorite Supporting Character!

Mario: a pumpkin head

What did you think this was all about? Pumpkins!?
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Bazooka Mario

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Waluigi31516.01%
2Rosalina31415.96%
3Princess Daisy1909.65%
4Captain Toad1467.42%
5Kamek1376.96%
6Cappy1226.20%
7Professor E. Gadd1196.05%
8King Boo1075.44%
8Toadette1075.44%
10Diddy Kong1055.34%
11Poochy733.71%
12Pauline572.90%
13Toadsworth442.24%
14Nabbit351.78%
15Birdo331.68%
16O. Admiral Bobbery50.25%
16O. Olivia50.25%
16O. Starlow50.25%
19O. Tippi40.20%
20O. Fawful30.15%
20O. Huey30.15%
22O. Bob-omb (PM:TOK)20.10%
22O. Dixie Kong20.10%
22O. Geno20.10%
22O. King K. Rool20.10%
22O. Ludwig von Koopa20.10%
22O. Morty20.10%
28O. Baby Mario10.05%
28O. Bomberman10.05%
28O. Boo10.05%
28O. Cranky Kong10.05%
28O. Donkey Kong Jr.10.05%
28O. Funky Kong10.05%
28O. Gooigi10.05%
28O. Goombario10.05%
28O. Grace10.05%
28O. King Bob-omb10.05%
28O. Koopa Kid10.05%
28O. Lady Bow10.05%
28O. Lemmy Koopa10.05%
28O. Luma10.05%
28O. Mary O.10.05%
28O. MC Ballyhoo10.05%
28O. Oyaneko kitten10.05%
28O. Perry10.05%
28O. Petey Piranha10.05%
28O. Plessie10.05%
28O. Rabbids10.05%
28O. Sonny (Mario Golf)10.05%
28O. Spawny10.05%
28O. The Chimp10.05%
28O. Toadbert10.05%
28O. Vivian10.05%
28O. Wooster10.05%
Total Votes: 1968

The Pyro Guy is up next with M15 - Favorite Mario Instrumental Track!

kanaya

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Remember when GBA and NS signed up an infinite amount of times, and Edo and Fanta specified for me to create characters that they would hate?

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1The Grand Finale (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story)23113.04%
2Gusty Garden Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)18310.33%
3Waluigi Pinball/Wario Stadium (Mario Kart DS)1347.57%
4Buoy Base Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)1236.95%
5Steam Gardens (Super Mario Odyssey)1116.27%
6Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64)844.74%
7Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 7)824.63%
8Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy)794.46%
9Staff Roll (Super Mario 64)774.35%
9The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario)774.35%
11Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 64)693.90%
12Overworld Theme (Super Mario Bros.)603.39%
13Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine)573.22%
14Disco Devil (Hole Punch) (Paper Mario: The Origami King)472.65%
14Main Theme (Bob-omb Battlefield) (Super Mario 64)472.65%
16Thrills at Night (Paper Mario: The Origami King)442.48%
17Battle/Come on! (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga)432.43%
18Rawk Hawk Battle (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)341.92%
19O. Coconut Mall (Mario Kart Wii)50.28%
19O. Fossil Falls (Super Mario Odyssey)50.28%
21O. Adventure’s End (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)40.23%
21O. Autumn Mountain Battle (Paper Mario: The Origami King)40.23%
21O. File Select (Super Mario 64)40.23%
21O. Space Junk Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)40.23%
25O. Cloudy Court Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2)30.17%
25O. Fated Battle (Super Mario Galaxy 2)30.17%
25O. Slider (Super Mario 64)30.17%
25O. The Shifty Sticker (Tape) (Paper Mario: The Origami King)30.17%
29O. Cascade Kingdom (Super Mario Odyssey)20.11%
29O. Egg Planet (Super Mario Galaxy)20.11%
29O. Gateway Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)20.11%
29O. Luma (Super Mario Galaxy)20.11%
29O. Mushroom Gorge (Mario Kart Wii)20.11%
29O. N64 Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 8)20.11%
29O. Never Let Up! (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)20.11%
29O. Overworld Theme (Super Mario World)20.11%
29O. Plessie Ride! (Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury)20.11%
29O. Snif City Royal Hotel (Pool) (Paper Mario: The Origami King)20.11%
29O. Space Junk Road (Super Mario Galaxy)20.11%
29O. Staff Credits (Super Mario Galaxy 2)20.11%
29O. Staff Roll (Super Mario Galaxy)20.11%
29O. The Credits Roll (Super Mario 3D World)20.11%
29O. The Dual-Bladed Duelist (Scissors) (Paper Mario: The Origami King)20.11%
29O. Toad Brigade Member {Super Mario Odyssey)20.11%
29O. Tostarena: Night (Super Mario Odyssey)20.11%
29O. Tough Guy Alert! (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story)20.11%
29O. World Bowser (Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury)20.11%
48O. Airship Fortress (Mario Kart DS)10.06%
48O. Athletic Theme (New Super Mario Bros. U)10.06%
48O. Athletic Theme (Super Mario World)10.06%
48O. Attack of the Airships (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Island)10.06%
48O. Baby Park (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!)10.06%
48O. Ball Rolling 1 (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Battle Fanfare (Paper Mario)10.06%
48O. Battle Theme (Paper Mario)10.06%
48O. Battlerock Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Beach Bowl Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)10.06%
48O. Bianco Hills (Super Mario Sunshine)10.06%
48O. Big Blue (Mario Kart 8)10.06%
48O. Boo Night Fever (Paper Mario: Sticker Star)10.06%
48O. Booster's Tower (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)10.06%
48O. Bounding Through Time (Super Paper Mario)10.06%
48O. Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart Wii)10.06%
48O. Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!)10.06%
48O. Bowser's Fury Theme 1 (Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury)10.06%
48O. Bowser's Galaxy Generator (Super Mario Galaxy 2)10.06%
48O. Bowser's Galaxy Reactor (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Bowser's Kingdom (Super Mario Odyssey)10.06%
48O. Bowser’s Lava Lair (Super Mario Galaxy 2)10.06%
48O. Castle Bleck (Super Paper Mario)10.06%
48O. Castle MacFrights (Luigi's Mansion 3)10.06%
48O. Catch the bunnies! (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Champion of Destruction (Super Paper Mario)10.06%
48O. Chilly Waters (Mario Party 3)10.06%
48O. Choco Mountain (Mario Kart 64)10.06%
48O. Cloudtop Cruise (Mario Kart 8)10.06%
48O. Cloudtop Cruise (Thundercloud) (Mario Kart 8)10.06%
48O. Comet Observatory 2 (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Credits (Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time)10.06%
48O. Crystal King Battle (Paper Mario)10.06%
48O. Disaster (Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury)10.06%
48O. Dolphin Shoals (Mario Kart 8)10.06%
48O. Dreamy Somnom Labyrinth (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)10.06%
48O. Ending Theme (Super Mario World)10.06%
48O. Endlessly Hungry, Petey Piranha Battle (Paper Mario: Sticker Star)10.06%
48O. Exploring the Great Sea (Paper Mario: The Origami King)10.06%
48O. Figure-8 Circuit/Mario Circuit (Mario Kart DS Kiosk Demo)10.06%
48O. Final Battle (Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door)10.06%
48O. Flower Garden (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)10.06%
48O. Frappe Snowland (Mario Kart 64)10.06%
48O. Good Egg Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Happy Parade, Delightful Parade (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)10.06%
48O. Koopa Cape (Mario Kart Wii)10.06%
48O. Koopa's Road (Super Mario 64)10.06%
48O. Lake Lamode (Super Mario Odyssey)10.06%
48O. Larry's Runaway Train (Paper Mario: Color Splash)10.06%
48O. Lava Path (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Lunar Colony (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe)10.06%
48O. M-A-X Power! (Paper Mario: The Origami King)10.06%
48O. Magnus Von Grapple Battle (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)10.06%
48O. Main Theme (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Megasparkle Goomba's Brilliant Battle (Paper Mario: Sticker Star)10.06%
48O. Melty Molten Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Merry-Go-Round (Super Mario 64)10.06%
48O. Mid Boss Mayhem (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)10.06%
48O. Mollusque-Lanceur Battle (Super Mario Odyssey)10.06%
48O. Mount Wario (Mario Kart 8)10.06%
48O. Mountaintop Secrets (Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam)10.06%
48O. Mushroom Bridge & Mushroom City (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!)10.06%
48O. N64 Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe)10.06%
48O. Oho Oasis (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga)10.06%
48O. Origami Castle (Paper Mario: The Origami King)10.06%
48O. Over Shiver Mountain (Paper Mario)10.06%
48O. Play With Bowser (Mario Party 4)10.06%
48O. Prisma Splash! (Staff Credits) (Paper Mario: Color Splash)10.06%
48O. Purple Comet (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Rainbow Road (Mario Kart Wii)10.06%
48O. Rainbow Road (Super Mario Kart)10.06%
48O. Red Streamer Battle (Paper Mario: The Origami King)10.06%
48O. Replay (Mario Golf GBC)10.06%
48O. Rogueport (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)10.06%
48O. Rogueport Sewers (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)10.06%
48O. Sacred Somnom Woods (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)10.06%
48O. Seaside Kingdom (Super Mario Odyssey)10.06%
48O. Shroom City (Paper Mario: The Origami King)10.06%
48O. Size Up Your Enemy (Mario and Luigi Dream Team)10.06%
48O. Sky Land (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)10.06%
48O. Sky Station Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2)10.06%
48O. Sky Station Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2) (Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games)10.06%
48O. Snif City (Paper Mario: The Origami King)10.06%
48O. Soft Light (Super Paper Mario)10.06%
48O. Space Fantasy (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Staff Roll (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)10.06%
48O. Star Festival (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Stardust Road (Space Junk Galaxy) (Super Mario Galaxy)10.06%
48O. Starman (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)10.06%
48O. Super Bell Hill (Super Mario 3D World)10.06%
48O. Switchboard Falls (Super Mario 3D World)10.06%
48O. The Elastic Entertainer (Rubber Band) (Paper Mario: The Origami King)10.06%
48O. The Great Sea (Paper Mario: The Origami King)10.06%
48O. The Sand Tomb (Mario Strikers Charged)10.06%
48O. The Winner is ..Me! (Mario Party 3)10.06%
48O. Title Screen (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)10.06%
48O. Toad Town - Green Streamer Removal (Paper Mario: The Origami King)10.06%
48O. Tostarena: Jaxi (Super Mario Odyssey)10.06%
48O. Traveling About on a Journey of Memories (Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story)10.06%
48O. Ultimate Koopa (Super Mario 64)10.06%
48O. Valentina (Super Mario RPG)10.06%
48O. Vellumental Battle Theme (Paper Mario: The Origami King)10.06%
48O. Victory in the Dream World (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)10.06%
48O. Volcano Theme (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)10.06%
48O. Wario City (Mario Super Sluggers)10.06%
48O. Wii Grumble Volcano (Mario Kart 8)10.06%
48O. Wii Moo Moo Meadows (Mario Kart 8)10.06%
48O. Wild Woods (Mario Kart 8)10.06%
48O. World 1-1 (Fortune Street)10.06%
48O. World Flower (Super Mario 3D World)10.06%
48O. Yoshi Star Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2)10.06%
Total Votes: 1771

Snack is up next with M24 - Favorite Merchandise!

Snack

🌻Ashita wa nanika ga kawaru ka na?
[Chat Rules]
1. No fighting or spamming in my chat. If someone is spamming or trying to cause trouble, please ignore them.
2. Please don't talk about things unrelated to the stream.
3. Please don't mention other streamers unless I mention them first.
4. Likewise, please don't mention me in other streamers' chats.
5. Just have fun and behave.

Mhm... Mhm...

Good arrowvening~...
[TL note: She says "konbanya" here, which is like "konbanwa" ("good evening") plus the "ya" in her name, which is "arrow".]

It is I, iDOLaGRAMiC's urban legend VTuber, Bakerei Oriya.

Today we're doing... Oh, yeah. I said today was a creepy Mario urban legend, but I looked into and guess what. There's no evidence for it at all. So I couldn't really do a stream on it if it's just fake...--

"Doesn't urban legend mean fake already?"

I'm not going to answer that. Anyway, instead... We're reviewing Mario merchandise. Yay.

Pachipachipachipachipachi...

"If you aren't excited shouldn't you do something else?". It's the Mario Awards special stream though, so it has to be Mario. And I am excited. I'm really, really excited about Mario!

Ah, since I'm not streaming tonight I should do the schedule for next week now, huh. Let me see.

Sunday is Genshin Impact. Mainly it will be a summoning stream for Yoimiya. I said on Twitter last week I wanted to pull for her as soon as she came out but my Primogem count was bad so I've been grinding for more. I also got some sparklers to set off as a catalyst. I already have Amber for a pyro archer, but... I really want Yoimiya-chan.

She reminds me a little of one of my demon friends actually. Oh, and her accent. It's like, she sounds like she's from Kansai, right. I wasn't in Kansai, but before I moved to the city Osaka was sort of like the big city from where I was, so that sort of accent sounds cool to me.

"You don't have a strong accent, Oriya-chan." Ah, I guess not. Do you want one.

Ahem...

If yinz wanted an accent leave me show it to you, ok. Old folks still talk like this anymore. I didn't as much but I can sorta do it... They'd be all like, "Oriya, your room needs cleaned, then could you go to the store because the cabbage's all." ...Like that.
[TL note: No offense to anyone from Pittsburgh.]

That's Shikoku-ben.
[TL note: No offense to anyone from Shikoku.]

Then Monday is the next part of the Kimi ga Shine stream.

"Ah, that means Ori-chan will scream again." What is this. Eh? Really, what is this?

It's not "Ori-chan." And as a demon obviously I wouldn't scream because a game is sad or scary. Huh, maybe I'll scream some to scare yin--... You guys.

"Oriya-sama's scream is cute." Ah. Please don't say that.

But when I say things like that someone is always like "ah, I've been waiting to be scolded by Oriya-sama." ...There isn't anything worse than that, is there?

It's not really good.

"Get to Mario."

I am getting to Mario.

Tuesday is karaoke and Wednesday is the usual weekly urban legend review... Then Thursday is a Minecraft collab with Lynette-chan from iDOLa EN. It's my first time collabing with the EN side so I'm excited for that.

Asuka-senpai mentioned Lynette-chan is a dangerous type of character. "You can tell she's a dangerous type of character if you know English," she said... I thought that was interesting. She seemed like more of a cool type of character to me.

Then Friday is another off day and Saturday is the usual weekly morning free chat.

That's the whole schedule for next week then. So let's review the Mario merchandise!!

The first is...

"Super Mario Cereal."

There's something about cereal lately, isn't there. I don't know why.
[TL note: No really, I don't know what Waluigi Time Cereal even is.]

"Cornflakes." ...What is this "cornflakes"? What does this "cornflakes" mean? ...Eh?

Let's move on.

The next one is... "Super Mario Bros. Monopoly."

Huh, let me resize it. There.

As you can see it's Monopoly, but it's also Mario. See here... I always forget you can't see my cursor, huh. See here, the figures are the things from Mario!!! There's the mushroom, the turtle, the egg. The gang's all here, huh. Ah, Kaguya-chan is here!

"I love Mario so I'm happy I didn't miss the Mario stream," Kaguya-chan says. Thank you. Where was I.

Oh yeah. You see there's this... Huh? What's with the question box? Does something go in the box?

"Does she even have this set wwwww."

Please don't talk to me like that.

Why is everyone still asking if I really played the set to review this?!

We're moving on again. The next one is...

"San-ei Super Mario plushies."

Wow, so there's a lot of these. Is this every character? There's a Mario... Koopa... Yoshi... Uh, Luigi... Please put transparency on your images, everyone.

"She's really not excited at all so I feel bad for Kaguya-chan." Eh? Eh?? Why do you keep saying this??? Why is it that you keep saying this????

I'm excited!!!! I'm really excited now for Mario!!!!! ...That's why I'm doing this stream.

"Ah the Luigi is really cute~--," Kaguya-chan says... "--Please respect Mario, Oriya-chan (>_<)."

Ah, even you?!

...Sorry for letting you down, Kaguya-chan.

So next is... "Original Soundtrack releases."

...No, this is actually cool.

I don't have anything bad to say about the music.

I'm making 草 a banned word next if you don't stop posting it.

...There. Now try saying it. Huh? Huh??

"So she's finally saying she thinks everything else is bad? I guess that's how it is."

"#### you!!!!!!".

So then the next one after that is...

I don't even care! I don't have anything to say about Mario!! I've barely even played Mario besides the collabs with Kaguya-chan anyway and Kaguya-chan loves Mario, so why wasn't it Kaguya-chan who was asked to do the Mario stream this time when I don't even care about Mario?! The next one after that was "LEGO Super Mario" by the way but I don't care!!! ###### Mario!!!! I'm sorry about letting you down Kaguya-chan but I don't care about this Mario merchandise!!!!!

I just wanted to do my urban legend stream this week... About that Mario urban legend since I was asked to do the Mario stream but it's just this merchandise instead?!?

.....I need to recharge my energy.

I am back.

So the last one is... "amiibo."

Pachipachipachipachipachi!

So nowadays gacha has gotten a lot more popular, but it hasn't really meant that 3D collectibles have become all that much less popular, right? So there's still a lot of people who collect figures and stuff, aren't there. Amiibo is sort of like both though, isn't it? Since it does something in the game and you get the figure, though there isn't the random gacha element with them... But it can be hard to get the specific ones you want sometimes, huh.

There's a lot of different kinds of amiibo too! The Mario ones are cool but there's a lot of different series that are represented with amiibo. I have a few different ones like that like Joker from Persona. My collection isn't very big though... Huh, I should put up a Luigi one on screen too for Kaguya-chan.

"Thank you Oriya-chan!!!!! (^_^)", she says, hahaha. There's a lot of exclamation marks in her message, wow!

So that's Mario merchandise.

We had a lot of fun with it.

There was actually a poll we did with all of your favorites for Mario merchandise so I'll put that up while I get ready for the superchat reading.

Please stick around for that too.

____________________________________________________________​

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1amiibo48529.90%
2LEGO Super Mario27617.02%
3Original Soundtrack releases20112.39%
4San-ei Super Mario plushies1569.62%
5Super Mario Bros. Monopoly835.12%
6Super Mario Cereal784.81%
7Super Mario Chess754.62%
8Mario Hanafuda563.45%
9Jakks Pacific Super Mario figurines543.33%
10UNO Super Mario472.90%
11K'NEX figures442.71%
12Super Mario Characters Figurine (2010 Platinum Elite Status Reward)251.54%
13Furuta Chocolate Egg figurines70.43%
14Jakks Pacific playsets60.37%
14O. Plushes60.37%
16O. Mario Quiz Cards30.18%
16O. S.H.Figuarts Mario30.18%
18O. Mario Kart K'NEX20.12%
18O. Takara Tomy Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story NDS stylus set20.12%
20O. 2002 Wendy's Kids' Meal toys10.06%
20O. 2008 Burger King Kids' Meal Super Paper Mario Toy Cake Toppers10.06%
20O. Art books10.06%
20O. Banpresto Super Mario World plush sets10.06%
20O. Carrera Mario Kart Circuit Special set10.06%
20O. Kellytoy Mario plush10.06%
20O. Mario comics/manga10.06%
20O. Mario Kart Hot Wheels10.06%
20O. Nintendo Switch Mario Red & Blue Edition10.06%
20O. Super Mario 64 Metal Collection mystery toys10.06%
20O. Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia10.06%
20O. Super Mario RPG jigsaw puzzle10.06%
20O. Toy Biz Mario Kart 64 figures10.06%
Total Votes: 1622

Snack

🌻Ashita wa nanika ga kawaru ka na?

Alright.

Now that I'm back it's time to read some Superchats, everyone.

Pachipachipachipachipachi!

Let's get right to it.

Snack
$128.00
are you ok

"Are you okay."

It goes without saying I was acting a bit, doesn't it. I'm actually very good at acting. I said before before I auditioned I worked at a restaurant once... Because it was boring not having anyone to scare, right. So there it was like...

Ni hao!! Please, come right this way, we have one more table open! What would you like to drink??!!

It was like that. So I'm pretty skilled.

Thank you for the red Superchat.

KNZK👾Uniju
NMT🎟10.00
happy birthday lemmy's land

"Happy birthday Lemmy's Land."

Happy birthday!

Ah, this was sent the other day so it's not actually their birthday now, huh. Oh, I recognize that oshi mark! As a fellow demon I want to say please keep supporting her. even if she's from a different production company.. Or I guess Towasama is a devil, not a demon... What's the difference. Does anyone know?

Happy birthday and thank you for the Superchat, Lemmy's Land.

"Chat saying she made a mistake but she's just doing a skit again. Sasuga Oriya-sama."

That's right.

Pachipachipachipachipachi.

senator pencilface
$15.00
tell yoshi bedtime story

"Tell Yoshi bedtime story."

Ah, once, in Ukraine in 1986... Some people started noticing some strange things. First it was weird threatening phone calls, late at night. Then the nightmares started. People saw a certain kind of creature in their dreams... A huge, headless man with giant black wings and red eyes in their chest. This went on for days... But you know what was really weird about it?

Not long after that, people started to see it for real too... And then not long after that was when the Chernobyl Disaster happened.

What do you think?

You're wrong.

It's an urban legend that never happened.

Thank you for your Superchat.

TheVeryEloquentGooseHimselfsOwnAccountForTheExpressPurposeOfTwitchStreaming
[So as not to promote tobacco use the Unicode Consortium has declined to provide an emoji]One Pipe
Honk honk honk honk honk honque honkok honk honk honk honko honk honk honoka honk honky honk honk. Honk honk honk honk honky-tonk honk honk honkoso honka honk. Honk.................

...Thank you for the Superchat.

yuzuriver
¥1000
what was the mario urban legend?! tell me tell me

"What was the Mario urban legend?! Tell me, tell me."

It was like, someone said they thought the music the Super Mario Brothers movie got replaced, because they remembered the music was different when they were a kid. There's not much you can do with ones like that. It's just "wow, huh," right.

I tried to find anyone else who remembered the music like that but there was no one else.

"Mandela effect."

Yeah, that. It's interesting but there's no way to tell if it's real, huh.

Thank you for the Superchat, Yuzuriver-chan!

Waluigi Time
[Coin emoji isn't supported yet]100 coins
Greetings from Waluigi Time Cereal Inc! Shbig says this Vtubing stuff is what the kids are into these days. This definitely isn't a publicity stunt.

"Greetings from Waluigi Time Cereal Incor--."

Oh! It's you. You're the cereal guy, huh?! I was wondering how that started.

"Greetings from Waluigi Time Cereal Incorporated! Shbig says this VTubing stuff is what the kids are into these days. This definitely isn't a publicity stunt."

Thank you for your Superchat!

NO_HANK_I_DONT_STEAL_TABLES
💎1 CRYSTAL BLUE BIT DEFINITELY NOT COOKED IN A LAB
[Disclaimer: iDOLaGRAMiC Corporation does not endorse illegal drug use and abides by all Japanese and international drug control laws.]
ORI CAN YOU

CAN YOU DO THE POGGERS FACE

"Ori, can you do the poggers face?"

No.

This model can't pog.

Lakituthequick
72 rupees
Love ya stream. Hope you're doing well. How's the weather over there?

"Love your stream. Hope you're doing well. How's the weather over there?".

Thank you. I'm doing good.

It's rainy and humid. I like gloomy weather, but sunny weather is good too, right. And it's supposed to be rainy or cloudy all week.

It's not great if it's that long.

Thank you for the Superchat.

Long John Spaghetti
💿1 copy of Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy (assessed based on GameStop trade-in value)
NOTICE ME SENPAI

"Notice me, senpai!"

You have been noticed.

james0922394674
Some of these 💎✨
ORIYA HOW MANY TROPHIES DO YOU HAVE

"Oriya, how many trophies do you have?!".

Trophies?

Like, uh, trophies in games, you mean.

I have a lot. I don't know how many. I'd say I'm a pretty pro gamer. Probably not the most pro though.

Thank you for the Superchat, James zero nine two two three three four mhm mhm yeah.

Roserade
$20.00
Hey Oriya! New to the streams, love the content. I wanted to ask what your favorite Mario urban legend of all time is? I personally like Coronation Day the most. Thanks!

"Hey Oriya! New to the streams, love the content. I wanted to ask what your favorite Mario urban legend of all time is? I personally like Coronation Day the most. Thanks!".

I mentioned I was acting but it is true I don't play much Mario, so I don't know many Mario urban legends. I got invited to do this because someone sent me a Mario rumor but it didn't really work out for the stream, huh.

Oh, Kaguya-chan told me about one though. She sent me this picture of the "Super Mario 64 iceberg." I never knew there were that many weird things about Mario games.

I haven't heard of "Coronation Day" before. Hmm. Guess I'll Google it... It's sort of likes the name of Korone-san from one of the other production companies, huh. She likes Mario a lot doesn't she?

C-o-r-o-n-a-t-i-o-n D-a-y M-a-r-i-o

This is... Very interesting.

I'll be sure to play it... Haha... Yeah. This is nothing for me.

...Thank you for the Superchat.

Hooded Pitohui
💎2 Diamonds (in Minecraft)
Congrats on the special stream, Oriya! You know about the "dragon and phoenix twins" expression? Not enough people know where it came from. Let's raise awareness about the fenghuang together! Everyone, go look up the fenghuang! Do it for Oriya! Blessing of the yatagarasu to you, Oriya!

"Congrats on the special stream, Oriya! You know about the "dragon and phoenix twins" expression? Not enough people know where it came from. Let's raise awareness about the fenghuang together! Everyone, go look up the fenghuang! Do it for Oriya! Blessing of the yatagarasu to you, Oriya!"

Thank you very much!

I didn't know people didn't know much about the fenghuang... There's even a fenghuang Pokémon, right. I guess the fenghuang and phoenix are pretty similar so some people think the Pokémon is just phoenix instead, maybe.

It's interesting how originally there were male feng and female huang but they got merged. Ghost stories and myths change a lot like that, huh... And sometimes you get stories that were sort of invented and then became accepted as myths... I guess all myths are like that if you back far enough though. The word even changed a lot too. It's pretty different in Japanese from what it is in Chinese originally when in Chinese it's like "huang" and then in Japanese it's just "ō".

Thank you for the red Superchat!

Ah, some more came in just now. I'll read those before getting to the last one.

senator pencilface
$5.00
now I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight oriya-sama

"Now I'm not going to be able to sleep, Oriya-sama."

Sorry.

Thank you for... Another Superchat, Senator Pencilface.

TristanTimothyTaylor
🃏60 Yugioh Cards
Bah! I hate this newfangled technology... is it on, Nesbitt? Are we in the boy's account? Good! We'll be asking you to discuss the urban legends behind our favorite card game later!

"Bah! I hate this newfangled technology... Is it on, Nesbitt? Are we in the boy's acc--."

Eh? Yu-Gi-Oh cards? How is this even a red Superchat? ...Is this ok?

Eh? It's not?

Uh, apparently I wasn't supposed to read this one because of company policy.

...Thank you for... The red Superchat? Though.

Boatguy KFP Ferry Operator
$120.00
First time watching SGDQ, second time donator. My grub passed away from frames. Money goes to save the Germany, save the animal. Honk!!!!

"First time watching SGDQ, second time donator. My grub passed away from frames. Money goes to save...".

...Thank you for the red Superchat.

Mhm, Mhm... That looks like all of them then.

Please tune in for Genshin next time... Please come home, Yoimiya-chan.

Otsuya~!
[TL note: I gave up thinking of a pun for this.]

Thank you to Woglril for Oriya's art and refining her design from my vague concept, everyone who submitted superchats and offered to have a cameo appearance, to Anton and Turb for hosting and Turb for general support, to Lakituthequick for the superchat formatting, and to GBA and Uniju for Japanese language support.

Waluigi Time is up next with M30 - Favorite Modern Game (Wii/DS and newer)!

Dr. Waluigi Frankentime

It was a breakfast smash
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Waluigi Time

I returned to my office from the Sipping Time Cafe with a cup of coffee in hand and sat down at my desk to read the new issue of The 'Shroom, expecting it to be a normal day. I was quickly proven wrong when my reading was interrupted by my phone ringing.

I answered my phone as I always did, "Shmaluigi, private investigator." I was surprised to hear the voice of Mr. Anton, the Awards Director, on the other end of the phone. "Hello Mr. Anton, how can Shmaluigi help you?" He told me that the voting results for the Favorite Modern Game award had mysteriously gone missing. I agreed to help track them down, and asked him for all of the information he knew about the situation.

I spent the next few days investigating and trying to get leads on the case, though unfortunately, the trail had almost immediately ran cold. No one I had talked to had seen or heard anything about the missing results. I didn't even have any reasons to suspect anyone I usually liked to blame when things went wrong.

But I refused to give up because I knew that it was imperative that I solved this case as soon as possible. If I couldn't find the results, one of the Mario Awards' most important honors would be completely absent this year! Not to mention it would partially be my fault...

I was interrupted from staring at my disappointingly barren corkboard by my phone ringing. I picked up, expecting it to be Mr. Anton checking in on the case, but I didn't even have time to speak before a voice I had never heard before started panicking about a robbery. "Sir, can you-" I tried to slow him down just to be able to understand what he was talking about, "Can you slow down, sir?"

Eventually, I was able to get him to explain the situation. He was the manager of a video game store, and when he came in to open the shop this morning, several things were missing. I wondered if this had anything to do with the missing Favorite Modern Game results, so I agreed to come down to the store and check it out.

I entered the store and was immediately greeted by the Goomba working the counter, who I assumed was the manager. "Mr. Shmaluigi, thank goodness you're here," he said, still looking frazzled from the whole thing. I noticed we were the only people here, and a thought popped into my head. "Happy to help, but... Why didn't you call the police instead?" I asked him. "Oh, well uh, I'm kind of a big fan, and you know," he said, clearly a little embarrassed about the whole thing. "Mind if Shmaluigi takes a look around?" He nodded and I began looking around the store.

Whoever the thief was, they clearly knew what they were after when they came here. The place wasn't ransacked at all, though three different games were completely gone from the shelves. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought they just sold out. "These were my best sellers," the Goomba told me, "I'm going to miss out on a lot of sales if I can't get these back..."

I continued to look around for potential clues, until I noticed some grape jelly smeared on one of the shelves. I was instantly reminded of a particular criminal I had a bit of experience with from my work at the New Wikisburg Police Department. The Bandwich, we all called him, a Bandit whose obsession with thievery was topped only by his obsession with jelly sandwiches. Not exactly the best at leaving a clean crime scene. But a little bit of smeared fruit preserves by itself isn't enough to barge into someone's house, so I collected a sample to have analyzed over at the crime lab. Good thing I'm still technically a cop...

The test results came back the next day. Bingo, a DNA match for my prime suspect. We got an arrest warrant and I made my way to his apartment with a few of my co-workers for backup.

"Freeze, you lousy criminal scum! You're under arrest for one, maybe two counts of theft, we'll see how it goes." He had no defense, but he sure complained a lot. "Aw, dang it! I was gonna resell those for big bucks!" I let one of my fellow cops take care of the actual arrest while I looked around the apartment. Right away I saw all of the stolen games sitting out on a table, but I was still hoping to find the Favorite Modern Game results here. It wasn't long before a conspicuously placed box of Waluigi Time Cereal on the same table caught my eye. I looked inside and found that the box was empty except for a folder...

"Yep, make that two counts of theft. If you two could wrap things up here that would be great, Shmaluigi has to get these back to Mr. Anton stat."

I started walking towards Mr. Anton's office to personally return the results. Mailing them would take too long, and it would be just my luck that they would get lost in the mail if I did do that anyway. As I made my way there, a thought popped into my head... It couldn't hurt to take a quick peek at the results, could it?

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Super Mario Odyssey43623.03%
2Super Mario Galaxy25613.52%
3Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury1467.71%
4Super Mario Galaxy 21437.55%
5Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story1115.86%
5Super Mario Maker 21115.86%
7Super Paper Mario975.12%
8Mario Kart Wii924.86%
9Mario Kart 8 Deluxe804.23%
10Paper Mario: The Origami King713.75%
11Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze643.38%
12New Super Mario Bros. Wii562.96%
13Luigi's Mansion 3532.80%
14Mario & Luigi: Dream Team361.90%
15Yoshi's Woolly World/Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World321.69%
16Super Mario Maker231.22%
17Super Mario 3D Land211.11%
18Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon180.95%
19O. Paper Mario: Color Splash60.32%
20O. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time50.26%
21O. Mario Kart DS40.21%
21O. New Super Mario Bros.40.21%
23O. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey30.16%
23O. Super Mario 64 DS30.16%
25O. Mario Kart 820.11%
25O. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe20.11%
25O. Paper Mario: Sticker Star20.11%
25O. Super Mario 3D World20.11%
29O. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle10.05%
29O. Mario Calculator10.05%
29O. Mario Party 610.05%
29O. Mario Party 810.05%
29O. Mario Party DS10.05%
29O. Mario Party: Island Tour10.05%
29O. Mario Strikers Charged10.05%
29O. Mario Tennis Aces10.05%
29O. New Super Luigi U10.05%
29O. Super Mario 3D All-Stars10.05%
29O. Super Mario Party10.05%
29O. WarioWare Gold10.05%
29O. WarioWare: Touched!10.05%
29O. Yoshi's Crafted World10.05%
Total Votes: 1893

Anton is up next with the Mario Awards XV Closing Script!

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him

With Awards now over, it’s time for Pumpkin Spice season!!!!

Beyond that, there’s still more more MORE! After this there’s formatting even more documents, updating more wiki pages, and still more tournaments going on and yet to come! The ‘Shroom Issue 173 is coming out, and people who put in a lot of time and work for the Awards are still putting in a lot of time and work for their sections, too.

Thank you all for attending, giving much adored praise and appreciation to all of our (and your!) hard work and skills, and to unseen sacrifices--like long nights, little sleep, days off spend tabulating votes--that make everything possible. It's very heartwarming seeing how much care goes into everything and watching everyone enjoy each part of it all, and even more so watching community bonds grow and strengthen.

If you had fun, keep on supporting this project, as well as the other tournaments going on, The ‘Shroom, stories and artwork people share, games people plan for groups to play, and even as small as conversations around the community in chat, the forum, and the wiki. Even the simplest of kind gestures and acknowledgment can make someone’s day, so if you see someone doing something cool here that you like, don’t be afraid to tell them so!

Hope to see you all next year, and if you have to wake up early tomorrow, good luck!​