C4 - Favorite 2020 Awards Presentation - 3:10 - - Ltq
C7 - Favorite Community Event 2020-2021 - 3:15 - - TPG
C2 - Favorite Retired 'Shroom Writer - 3:20 - - Hooded Pitohui & Luigi 64DD
C9 - Favorite Written 'Shroom Section of the Past Year - 3:25 - - Magolor04726
C5 - Wiki Contributor Awards 2020-2021 - 3:30 - - Power Flotzo
C3 - Favorite Artist - 3:35 - - Goombuigi
C6 - Favorite 'Shroom Team - 3:40 - - The Pyro Guy
C8 - Best 'Shroom Section Design - 3:45 - - Roserade
C10 - Outstanding Community Achievement Award - 3:50 - Roserade & Hooded Pitohui
Community Awards XIV Closing Script - 3:55 - - Hooded Pitohui

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui

Hello, members of the Super Mario Wiki and its extended community, and welcome to the Community Awards XIV! To think that this is our fourteenth year of hosting a ceremony dedicated to our community and the wonderful, talented, and creative people who make it up, it’s simply astounding. Yet, I don’t want to spend this time looking back on the past fourteen years; I would prefer to look back just one year into the past, and to think about how much has happened in that year.

Even as the world has reopened and many folks have found their attention drawn to real life obligations and activities over the Internet, things have not slowed down at all here. No, on the contrary, there has been an abundance of activity in this community over the past year. We have seen a contested ‘Shroom Director election, a process which a good number of users took part in. We have seen The ‘Shroom grow in size and pick up new writers. We have spent our time knocking each other off our screens in Super Smash Bros. and racing for the best times in Mario Kart. We have seen two fresh faces step up to lead the newest Poll Committee, and we saw even many users who were not on the Awards Committee keeping up with its meetings and sharing their thoughts. We have hunted down members of the mafia together in forum games, built up roleplays together, and discussed our OCs. We have chatted and we have made threads upon thread about cereal. We have campaigned to try and keep Hammer Bros. from taking first place in F7, and we have woven together elaborate stories. We have put together a grand celebration of Palette Swap in a huge special issue of The ‘Shroom, and we have debated silly topics with one another. We have even asked what exactly a “beverage” is and we have displayed art and videos and even ARGs that we have crafted. Oh, and, yes, we have scribbled. We have scribbled and had an excellent time doing so.

I could go on, but there is no need. This community has been thriving over the past year, and we’ve shared far too many experiences this year to list every single one of them. Yet, none of it would have been possible without all of you. You people who have stepped forward to host games and create new tournaments and make art to share with others, and you people who have participated in those games and tournaments, this past year would not have been the same without your contributions. You go out of your way and put effort into creating chances for members of this community to engage with one another. You people who share your passions and demonstrate your creativity writing in The ‘Shroom or helping the Poll Committee, and even you people who help younger or less experienced members of the community by offering advice and feedback so they may polish their ideas and see them through to completion, you all deserve thanks for taking your time and energy and dedicating it to making this community more vibrant, more welcoming, and more creative.

It’s because of the members of this community who go out of their way to invite others in and encourage them along that we continue to see, even this year, members of this community joining in awards tournaments for the first time, taking their first steps forward as writers for The ‘Shroom, beginning to talk with other community members, and even making awards presentations for the first time. A number of you have tried your hand at new activities around the community this year, and it has pleased me so much to see you folks getting involved!
And, now, as a capstone to this year we have shared, it is time to celebrate all of you! Whether you’ve been here for years and coming up with ideas for new activities is old hat for you, or whether you’re dipping your toes in the water and making a presentation for the first time this year, it’s time to recognize your creativity, your dedication, and your accomplishments in this community!

We have an entire day of celebrations awaiting us, so we shall not linger any longer. Whether you are here to see these festivities live or you read everything later, please, sit back and enjoy the show!

Shoey is up next with C1 - Favorite Active ‘Shroom Writer!

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Posting on behalf of Shoey.

MEANWHILE, SOMEWHERE DEEP WITHIN THE EARTH’S CORE, THAT DIABOLICAL FIEND PHINEAS J. SHOE AND HIS ABOVE-AVERAGE ASSISTANT ROSE PUT THE FINISHING TOUCHES ON THEIR MOST EVIL INVENTION YET.

We pan into the underground laboratory of Dr. Phineas J. Shoe as he tightens the last bolt on a giant ray gun. “WITH THIS LAST BOLT, ROSE, OUR 2021 FAVORITE ACTIVE SHROOM WRITER AWARD-POWERED RAY GUN IS FINISHED,” he triumphantly declares.

“WITH THIS RAY GUN WE SHALL BRING THE WORLD TO ITS KNEES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Laughs the evil doctor.

“And we’ll force Capcom to make that new Ace Attorney game!” Rose excitedly says.

“Yes, of course, Ace Attorney or whatever,” Phineas says dismissively.

“NOW, ROSE, GET READY AS I, THE GREAT PHINEAS J. SHOE, BRING ABOUT A NEW WORLD,” Phineas J. Shoe says, pulling the power lever on the ray gun only for nothing to happen.

Seeing nothing happen, the mad doctor begins to freak out. “WHY ISN’T IT WORKING, ROSE? MY DESIGN WAS FLAWLESS,” he says. shaking his assistant.

“Well, uh, boss, don’t we... We don’t, uh, have the 2021 Favorite Active Shroom Writer Award, do we?” Rose points out.

Hearing this, Dr. Phineas J. Shoe looks at his beautiful ray gun and realizes that he indeed does not have the 2021 Favorite Active Shroom Writer Award. Seeing this, Phineas J. Shoe begins slamming his head down and screaming. “DAMMIT! HOW COULD I OVERLOOK SUCH A SIMPLE DETAIL!? THIS RAY GUN IS WORTHLESS!”

Rose puts his hand on Phineas’s back. “It’s okay, boss,” he says, trying to reassure him.

Suddenly Phineas J. Shoe shoots up. “Of course, Rose! If we don’t have the Award right now, we’ll simply steal it from whoever wins it. Oh ho, delightfully devilish, Phineas. Now, Rose, get me the list of everyone nominated for the award.” Phineas commands.

“Yes, boss. But how will we know who will win the award?” Rose asks.
“OBVIOUSLY I SHALL USE MY GENIUS TO DEDUCE WHO WILL WIN THE AWARD, ROSE! NOW GO GET ME THAT LIST!” Phineas J. Shoe screams.

A little while later Rose returns with the list. “Hey, according to this list, I’m nominated for the award!” he says with optimism in his voice.

Hearing this Phineas J. Shoe begins to laugh “YOU? WIN THE FAVORITE ACTIVE SHROOM WRITER AWARD? HAHAHAHAHA! YOU’RE A FOOL IF YOU THINK A FOOL LIKE YOU COULD WIN THE AWARD!”

Hearing this, Rose looks hurt, and Dr. Phineas J. Shoe, realizing he went too far, mutters “Of course... I actually rather like your murder mystery section and that time you reviewed your sleep schedule was quite good.”

Beaming from being complimented by his boss, Rose begins to read from the list. “Well, it looks like Waluigi Time-” Rose begins to say before being cut off.

“OF COURSE WALUIGI TIME! MY MORTAL ENEMY! CEO OF WALUIGI TIME CEREAL! PROMOTER OF MUSHROOM KINGDOM SMACKDOWN! AND OF COURSE CHRONICLER OF HIS DETECTIVE BROTHER’S ADVENTURES!” Phineas says dramatically.

“Brothers? I thought they were cousins?” Rose asks.

The two look at each other for a moment before Phineas awkwardly says “No matter Rose. Clearly Waluigi Time must have won this award and we must make haste to Waluigi Cereal Tower.”

We cut to the downtown, where Waluigi Time Cereal Tower is located within the heart of New Wikisburg. One of the largest towers in all of New Wikisburg, noted for the top of it being modeled after the head of Waluigi, the tower is impossible to miss. Realizing time is of the essence, Dr. Phineas J. Shoe and Rose quickly scale the building, sneaking in through Waluigi’s nose...where they immediately come face to face with a Green Birdo in a receptionist room.

“Hello, sweetie. What can I do for you today?” she says politely.
“IT IS, I, THE GREAT DR. PHINEAS J SHOE, HERE TO CONFRONT THAT FIEND WALUIGI TIME AND STEAL HIS 2021 FAVORITE ACTIVE SHROOM WRITE AWARD! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“And do you have an appointment, honey?” The Birdo says, filing her nails.

“Well, uh” Phineas says, looking at Rose who shrugs.

“No…” the doctor says, embarrassed.

“Well sweetie, we’re very busy today, but if you’d like to take a seat, I'm sure Waluigi Time will meet with you when he has time,” the secretary says, pointing to two chairs.

An hour passes with no Waluigi Time as Rose keeps Phineas J. Shoe entertained, telling him why Phoenix Wright should be in Smash Bros.

Two hours pass, and Rose has broken out his Switch, refusing to let the mad doctor play because he should have brought his own from home.

Finally, after three hours, Dr. Phinease J. Shoe can take no more. “ENOUGH OF THIS WAITING! YOU SHALL TAKE ME TO THAT JERK WALUIGI TIME OR ELSE!” he yells at the secretary.

“Oh, Dr. Phineas, Waluigi Time asked me to give you this,” the secretary says, handing Phineas J. Shoe a note.

“Dear Shoey:

I’m sorry I missed you, but there was an unfortunate incident at one of our factories. Seems some octopuses escaped from our new seafood-flavored Waluigi Time Cereal. You know, classic business stuff! Anyways, unfortunately I did not win the 2021 Favorite Active Shroom Writer award. Rather I tied with Rose with six votes. Anyways, talk to you later!

P.S. Make sure you buy plenty of our new Seafood Waluigi Time Cereal, coming to store shelves soon.

Love Waluigi Time”

“What’s the letter say, boss?” Rose asks.

“THAT JERK WALUIGI TIME! FIRST, HE MAKES ME WAIT THREE HOURS AND THEN HE DOESN’T EVEN HAVE THE AWARD FOR ME TO STEAL! GRRRRRRR! Wait, that’s it, Rose! Quickly! Back to the lab!” Phineas J. Shoe says as they retreat to their lab.

Back at the lab, Phineas J. Shoe quickly constructs a machine that looks like a speak-and-say but with nominees for C1 on it.

“Behold, Rose! Using my brilliant scientific mind, I have constructed a machine that will tell us the winner of the 2021 Favorite Shroom Writer Award winner with only a 2% margin of error,” Phineas J. Shoe says triumphantly.

“Brilliant, sir, but how does it work?” Rose asks.

“I’m glad you asked. You see, Rose, when I pull this cord, it’ll spin around and around and where it stops, that’ll be the winner” Phineas says, pulling the cord as the machine lands on Superchao.

“Of course! Blocky! Writer of the first interactive Shroom section, Mach Speed Mayhem, a section where the fans pick the people he covers,” Dr. Phineas J Shoe cries out.

“Yeah, and one time he had 50 whole votes,” Rose replies.

“That it did, Rose, that it did. But we must make haste,” Phineas J. Shoe cries out as the two make haste to Blocky’s house.

Traveling quickly to an elite neighborhood in an affluent part of New Wikisburg, Phineas J. Shoe quickly bursts through the door of the house of Superchao.

“BLOCKY! PREPARE TO HAND OVER YOUR TROPHY! FOR IT IS I, PHINEAS J. SHOE!” he calls out.

“Oh, Shoey, I’m glad you’re here. You haven’t voted in this month’s Mach Speed Mayhem,” Blocky says as he runs up to Phineas.

“Huh, what?” Phineas stammers out.

“Come on, Shoey. You know every vote counts. Now, who do you want to vote for?” Blocky says, pulling out a notebook.

“Well, uh, i don’t really know anything about F-Zero…” Phineas says, losing focus.

“Oh. That’s no problem. I'll let you know about our top contenders for this month: Draq and Jack Levin.” Blocky says cheerfully.

“Draq is the alien you helped defeat, remember boss?” Rose says.

“Of course I remember Draq! Now, tell me more about this Jack Levin?” Phineas asks.
“I’m glad you asked Shoey! You see, Jack Levin first appeared in…” Blocky says as he speaks for about three hours on Jack Levin, trailing off into talking about how terrible the F-Zero anime is.

“Well, Blocky, after much consideration you can go ahead and put me down on a vote for Jack Levin. Alright, bye-bye Blocky. See you at the next meeting,” Phineas J. Shoe says, walking out the door.

“But, boss,” Rose starts to say before being cut off.

“Our work here is done Rose. Come on. We’ve got important work to do,” says the oblivious doctor.

Back at the lab, Phineas J. Shoe immediately realizes his mistake. “AHHHHHHHHHH! ROSE! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME WE FORGOT TO SEE IF HE WON FAVORITE SHROOM WRITER!? YOU FOOL!” he screams, shaking his assistant.

“I TRIED TO, BUT YOU WOULDN’T LISTEN!” Rose yells, pushing the doctor off of him.

Startled that Rose defended himself, the doctor quickly composes himself. “Well, uh, it’s obvious that Blocky didn’t win the award. It must have been that 2% margin of error I was telling you about.” Phineas says, pulling the cord on his machine again, with the machine promptly landing on Lakituthequick.

“Of course! Webmaster supreme, LTQ. Writer of the illustrious Site Seeing and official Awards chronicler,” Phineas exclaims.

“He also used to make those great mazes,” says Rose.

“Quick, Rose! Grab the motorcycle. We’re going to the tech district,” Phineas J. Shoe says, running to the garage.

Phineas and Rose arrive at the brightly lit neon streets of the tech district and pull up to the master server of New Wikisburg.

“REVEAL YOURSELF, LTQ, YOU COWARD! IT IS I, PHINEAS J SHOE,” Phineas yells, bursting into the main computer room.

“What do you want Shoey?” LTQ says, not even looking up from his computer.

“I HAVE COME TO STEAL YOUR 2021 FAVORITE ACTIVE SHROOM WRITER AWARD,” diabolically cackles Phineas.

“And why do you want that?” LTQ says, now slightly looking up.

“WHY, FOR ME 2021 FAVORITE ACTIVE SHROOM WRITER AWARD-POWERED RAY GUN, OF COURSE! WITH WHICH I SHALL BRING THE WIKI TO ITS KNEES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” brags the doctor.

“Wait, you're powering your ray gun with a Shroom award?” LTQ asks skeptically.

“OF COURSE! WHAT ELSE WOULD HAVE THE POWER NECESSARY TO POWER SUCH A MIGHTY WEAPON!?” Phineas asks confidently.

“Uh, I don’t know. Electricity or gasoline or solar or wind, and that’s not even getting into other forms of power like hydroelectric and lightning.” As LTQ lists these, Phineas tries to interrupt, but LTQ refuses to be cut off.

“Honestly, Shoey, it seems to me that almost anything would have been a more efficient power source then Mariowiki award you couldn’t even guarantee that you would win,” LTQ says, returning to his work.

A silence persists before Rose looks at Phineas and says “You know, boss, he’s got a point.”

Hearing this Phineas flies into a rage. “SHUT UP, BOTH OF YOU! CLEARLY, NEITHER OF YOU UNDERSTAND TRUE GENIUS!” he says as he storms out.

“Oh, by the way, Rose, I didn’t win Favorite Active Shroom Writer. I tied with Blocky and MCD with eight votes,” LTQ says as Rose thanks him and leaves.

Back at the lab, Phineas paces back and forth. “I don’t understand it, Rose. How could my invention fail? It’s perfect,” he says, looking at his machine.

“OF COURSE,” he says, looking at the arrow on the award winning predictor machine.
Phineas quickly “tightens” the arrow down before declaring “NOW IT IS PERFECT! ROSE! PULL THE CORD!”. His assistant does so skeptically.

The machine spins around and around before landing on Hooded Pitohui, causing Rose to groan. “Great, that guy,” he complains.

“YES, HOODED! SHROOM DIRECTOR, FORUM UPDATER, MY PARTNER IN NEWS, AND WORLD’S GREATEST BIOLOGIST!” Phineas says excitedly.

Hearing this, Rose scoffs. “Biologist? Please, he’s barely a botanist.”

“Rose, I don’t understand your dislike for Hooded. He’s great!” Phineas exclaims.

“Because he’s a self centered jerk. First, he begs me to run as his Sub-Director, then, once we’re elected, he immediately pushes me aside,” Rose rants.

“Regardless of your hatred, Rose, we must steal that trophy, and if I know anything about Hooded, he should be working on this month's Going Wild right now, so, quickly, Rose, to the Shroom laboratory!” Phineas says as he sprints away, followed by a still-complaining Rose.

In the Shroom laboratory, Hooded, under the guise of W. P. Hoodington, and Goombuigi examine a large yellow Blooper.

“Now, take note, Goombuigi. When this Electro Blooper turns yellow, that means it’s fully charged, so you’ll need to be very careful while you take a measurement of it’s full voltage,” Hoodington says, jotting down notes in his notebook.

Suddenly, Hoodington sees Phineas enter and, in excitement, says “PHINEAS, YOU OLD DOG!” He throws away his notebook, startling Goombuigi and causing him to pierce the Electro Blooper, who, in rage, grabs and shocks the poor assistant.

“Bo-bo-boss!” Goombuigi calls out as the Blooper shocks him.

“Oh, not now, Goombuigi. My old writing partners, Phineas and Rose, are here” the oblivious biologist says, shaking Phineas’ hand.

“Hello, Hooded,” Phineas says joyfully.

“Hello, Pitohui” Rose grumbles.

“Burning the midnight oil, eh Hoodington?” Phineas says to his old friend.

“Yep. We’re just running an experiment on a fully charged Electro Blooper,” Hoodington says, ignoring his in danger assistant.

“Classic Hoodington, always doing your science. Anyways, I was wondering if you happened to have the Favorite Active Shroom Writer Award for me to steal?” asks the doctor.

“Oh, no. Sadly, I didn’t win, but i did tie with Magolor with nine votes!” Hoodington explains.

“Well, then this was a big waste of time,” complains Rose.

“Hush, Rose,” Phineas says, as he and Hoodington have a polite conversation.

“Oh by-by-by the way, I-I-I also didn’t win the Favorite Shroom Writer Award. I-I-I finished 4th with ele-ele-eleven votes,” Goombuigi says as the angry Blooper slams him into a wall.

Seeing this, Hoodington looks at Phineas and says “I better take care of this. It was nice talking to you, Phineas.”

“It was good seeing you too, Hooded” Phineas says as he leaves.

“Goodbye, Pitohui” Rose grumbles as the angry squid shoots ink in his face, shocking him.
“Good for you, Rose! Electro Blooper ink is very usefu!l” Hoodington says, oblivious to Rose’s pain.

“I hate you,” Rose says under his breath as he walks away in pain.

Back at the lab, a frustrated Phineas J. Shoe paces back and forth. “I just don’t understand it, Rose. My invention is flawless. How can it keep failing me?” he says.

Just then, a knock is heard on the door upstairs. “Rose, get the door would you,” he commands as Rose heads upstairs.

“Unless...could it be.... Of course! How could I have missed it? Clearly the reason i can’t find the winner of the 2021 Favorite Active Shroom Writer Award is because I won the 2021 Favorite Active Shroom Writer Award! OF COURSE! WHO ELSE HAS MY SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE OF ROBOT WARS, MY BRILLIANT COMEDIC STYLINGS, AND, OF COURSE, MY GENIUS KNOWLEDGE OF FEUDAL ERA WAR STRATEGIES? OF COURSE, I ,THE GREAT PHINEAS J. SHOE, MUST BE THE WINNER OF THE 2021 FAVORITE ACTIVE SHROOM WRITER AWARD! IT MUST BE TRUE.” As Phineas rants, Rose returns.

“Boss, you got this letter from the Awards Committee,” he says, handing him a letter.

“Dear Shoey:

We are happy to inform you that you finished 3rd, with thirteen votes in the 2021 Favorite Active Shroom Writer Award poll. Enclosed is a small bronze medal, and, once again, we offer our congratulations.”

Seeing the small medal inside the letter, Phineas flies into a rage “THIRD PLACE!? HOW COULD THE VOTERS NOT REALIZE MY BRILLIANCE!? THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO GET RID OF DEMOCRACY AND REPLACE IT WITH A WORLD RUN BY ME!”

“Would you like me to get rid of it, sir?” Rose asks.

Phineas J. Shoe looks at the medal, a symbol of validation, and says “Uh, no, Rose. Instead, I shall wear as a reminder of this grievous insult.” he says, pinning on the small medal, secretly beaming with pride.

“But who else could have won the award?” Phineas says, slamming a fist on the prediction machine, causing the arrow to land on winstein.

“OF COURSE! WIN! WRITER OF DRAWN AND PRESSED, THE BEST SHROOM SECTION! HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT HIM?” Phineas exclaims.

“Sir, I believe he should be getting back from his seminar on viral infections in the Mushroom Kingdom. If we leave now, we should be able to catch him,” explains Rose.

“OF COURSE, ROSE! MEET ME IN THE STEALTH HELICOPTER,” Phineas says, running towards the garage.

“Stealth?” A confused Rose says.

Flying through New Wikisburg, Phineas and Rose arrive at winstein’s house, located only a short ten-minute drive away from New Wikisburg General.

“BRING US IN CLOSE, ROSE. I’LL JUMP DOWN AND STEAL THE TROPHY BEFORE WIN EVER EVEN REALIZES WE’RE HERE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Phineas chortles.

“Shoey, what are you doing up there?” a voice from down below says.

Looking down, Phineas turns pale, seeing a confused winstein staring at the helicopter from below.

“IMPOSSIBLE! HOW COULD HE HAVE DETECTED US?” Phineas says, shaking Rose, causing the helicopter to shake.

“How could I hear you? What do you mean? You’re in a helicopter, it’s the middle night, and you’re yelling into an intercom” says winstein, still confused by what’s going on.

“Boss, your hand is on the intercom again…” Rose says as an embarrassed Phineas looks down to reveal his hand is indeed on the intercom.

“Also, I finished second in the Favorite Active Shroom Writer Award poll, with fourteen votes,” winstein reveals.

“Boss, did you hear that? He didn’t win either,” Rose says as Phineas suddenly cuts him off.

“WE’VE BEEN HAD, ROSE! HIT THE EJECT BUTTON!” he yells.

“Wait, what? Sir that’s a terrible idea,” Rose says, trying to reason with Phineas.

“DO NOT QUESTION ME, YOU FOOL! I SAID HIT THE EJECT BUTTON,” Phineas again commands.

Rose lets out a defeated sigh before hitting the eject button, sending the two flying out of the helicopter, narrowly missing the blades as it crashes below. But because of this, the two do have to walk home.

Back at the lab, Phineas again paces back and forth. “I just don’t get it, Rose. I just can’t figure out who won this damn award,” he laments.

“Well, we could always ask Anton,” Rose suggests.

“OF COURSE! WHY DIDN’T I THINK ABOUT IT! ANTON, AWARDS DIRECTOR AND THE SHROOM’S PREMIER FOOD CRITIC!” exclaims Phineas.

“Yeah! He also won a million sections of the month this year!” Rose points out.

“That he did, Rose, that he did. If anyone knows who won this year's Favorite Active Shroom Writer Award, it’s him. Quickly, Rose, back to the luxury district!” Phineas says as he sprints away.

In the luxury district, one house stands out as the smell of fancy food fills the air. Bursting into the house, Phineas screams. “ANTON, IT IS, I, PHINEAS J SHOE, AND I HAVE COME TO TAKE WHAT’S MINE! HAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“Oh, Shoey, what a pleasant surprise. Here, have a homemade caramel vanilla brookie that I made,” Anton says, emerging from the kitchen with a plate full of baked goods.

Quickly, Rose grabs one off the plate as Phineas awkwardly stammers out his thanks.

“So, Shoey, what brings you out at this late hour?” Anton asks sweetly.

“Oh that’s right… ANTON! IT IS I, PHINEAS J. SHOE, AND HIS ASSISTANT ROSE, AND WE ARE HERE FOR THE RESULTS FOR THE 2021 FAVORITE ACTIVE SHROOM WRITER AWARD!” Phineas says dramatically..

“Oh, you wanna know who won Favorite Active Shroom writer?” asks Anton

“YES, ANTON, AND YOU WILL TELL US OR ELSE!” threatens Phineas.

“Oh, that’s easy, Shoey. I won with twenty-one votes,” Anton says, pointing to what is indeed the 2021 Favorite Active Shroom Writer Award.

“What?” Phineas says in disbelief.

“I don’t know why you’re surprised. I’ve won it the last four years running. Why? Do you need the trophy for something?” asks Anton, biting into his brookie.

“Y-Yes,” responds a deflated Phineas.

“Yeah, you can borrow it if you want. After all, I’ve got plenty of them,” Anton says, laughing as we pan over to a case full of community awards and Section of the Month ribbons.

Hearing this, Rose gets excited. “Isn’t this great, boss? Now we can get the Ray gun to-” but, before he can finish, Phineas flies into a rage.

“IT WILL NOT DO!” he screams.

“What?” asks Rose, confused.

“WE’RE VILLAINS, ROSE! IF WE AREN’T STEALING WHAT WE WANT, THEN WHAT’S THE POINT? NO! I WILL NOT BE INSULTED WITH CHARITY! COME ROSE, WE’RE LEAVING. WE’LL TEAR DOWN THAT DAMN 2021 FAVORITE ACTIVE SHROOM WRITER AWARD-POWERED RAY GUN AND TRY AGAIN NEXT YEAR,” Phineas yells as he storms out.

Rose, realizing that after all of this they won't be getting the trophy and therefore he wont be getting that new Ace Attorney game, collapses in frustration

CONGRATULATIONS ANTON ON WINNING THE 2021 FAVORITE ACTIVE SHROOM WRITER AWARD!

Full results below
#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Anton2115.22%
2winstein1410.14%
3Shoey139.42%
4Goombuigi117.97%
5Hooded Pitohui96.52%
5Magolor0472696.52%
7Lakituthequick85.80%
7MrConcreteDonkey85.80%
7Superchao85.80%
10Roserade64.35%
10Waluigi Time64.35%
12BBQ Turtle53.62%
12Yoshi87653.62%
14FunkyK3842.90%
14Quizmelon42.90%
16Baby Luigi32.17%
16Ninja Squid32.17%
18Doomhiker10.72%
Total Votes: 138
results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

Lakituthequick is up next with C4 - Favorite 2020 Awards Presentation!

Lakituthequick

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Hello again everyone, and welcome to a new episode of Presentation Seeing! For today's issue, I will be looking at a few presentations that were quite popular ones of the 2020 ceremony, starting with a few honorary mentions followed by the most popular one.

In third is M5 Favourite DK Game by Reverse Input, still known by Epic Nitwit at the time. This presentation featured various video skits starring a Donkey Kong plush in scenarios relating to the nominated games. A regular crocodile plush with a paper crown guest starred in the role of King K. Rool.

In second place is M28 Favourite Game Setting by BBQ Turtle. She laid out the top three entries of this award with big pencil drawn postcards advertising them, featuring various community members vacating at two of them.

Now, in the first place we have a presentation by Mr. Edo, which is M29 Favourite Classic Game!

Overview
This presentation uses several mediums to tell its story. The top votes of this award were a tie between two games, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Super Mario 64, and Mr. Edo put a unique spin on this by blending the two together in an all new game, dubbed Paper Super Mario 64: The 120 Star Hunt.

Oh no, choices!
In the first portion, the two are presented as a dilemma of which of the two games to play. The solution is simply putting the two in a blender, spinning it up, and then pouring the result into the disk drive of a Gamecube.

The second portion shows the result with screenshots of the gameplay. The game opens with the Paper Mario story book, in which Mario appears to say his name. Mario and several partners then visit paper recreations of levels such as Bob-omb Battlefield, Hazy Maze Cave, and Tiny-Huge Island, and battle Unagi the eel on a stage themed after Jolly Roger Bay.

Design
Mr. Edo uses mostly imagery, with a few lines of text to tell the tale. All text and images are centred within the post, except from a footnote, which is aligned right.

Some delicious new game.
A staple of Mr. Edo is of course his art and drawing style, which are utilised here mainly for Goombario and backgrounds. For the game covers, blender, and Gamecube, photos are used, which are additionally outlined to blend into the images better. A bit less used, but still fairly common for works by this artist, are simple yet effective animations, which are utilised here to add surprise and shock.

The gameplay footage is in the style of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, themed after levels from Super Mario 64.

Tech
I will be entirely honest in that I do not have a lot of knowledge about drawing, and Mr. Edo's style and tech of doing so. I do know that he uses GIMP and a Wacom tablet for this.

A look at Bob-omb Battlefield from a new perspective.
The 3D environments in the Paper Mario style have been created for this presentation using the 3D modeling software Blender. This funnily fits very well with the blender theming. A slight exception is the battle scene of Jolly Roger Bay, which is an image edit, but with a custom Unagi model.

Conclusion
A unique and well-executed presentation, with a good plotline. A well-deserved win of the popular vote, if I say so myself. It's especially great to see Mr. Edo expand towards 3D software in addition to traditional art.

And that's it for Presentation Seeing for today. Be sure to tune in next time, and have a nice day!

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1M29 - Favorite Classic Game (GCN/GBA and older) - Mr. Edo1814.06%
2M28 - Favorite Game Setting - BBQ Turtle1612.50%
3M5 - Favorite DK Game - Reverse Input1310.16%
4C2 - Favorite Retired 'Shroom Writer - GBAToad86.25%
4M15 - Favorite Instrumental Track - Roserade & Zange & The Pyro Guy86.25%
6F8 - Worst Mario Kart Course - Mr. Edo75.47%
6M10 - Favorite Lyrical Song - Zange & Roserade75.47%
6M13 - Favorite Level Theme - Toadbert101 & Super-Yoshi75.47%
9C6 - Favorite 'Shroom Team - Lakituthequick53.91%
9F7 - Worst Enemy - Baby Luigi53.91%
9M17 - Favorite Mario RPG - Fawfulthegreat6453.91%
9M18 - Favorite Mario Party Game - MrConcreteDonkey53.91%
9M23 - Favorite Capture - Hearts53.91%
14M1 - Best Sound Design - The Pyro Guy43.12%
14M19 - Favorite Villain - Anton43.12%
14M4 - Favorite Mario Kart Course - Eleven43.12%
17C4 - Favorite 2019 Awards Presentation - The Pyro Guy21.56%
17C8 - Best 'Shroom Section Design - MrConcreteDonkey21.56%
17O. M9 - Favorite Add-on Content - MrConcreteDonkey21.56%
20O. F14 - Worst Setting - GBAToad10.78%
Total Votes: 128

The Pyro Guy is up next with C7 - Favorite Community Event 2021-2021!

kanaya

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him

Do you think they'll pick up?
Why, they'll be sure to! It hasn't been that long. What could they have possibly gotten up to in 12 short months?
Yeah, true.

Hello?
PERSNI!!

Montogomery, William! Is that really you two? It's been too long.
Well we've been twenty shades of busy all year with our honeymoon and construction project!

We wanted to call earlier, but... it's been difficult, and we thought it would be good to catch up on the anniversary of...
Yes, yes, dearie. Don't drown in your worries, it's lovely to hear from you any time. I barely got the chance to say goodbye before you two rushed off to your little love-fest in the tropics! I'm surprised you all aren't sick of each other at this point.
I say, I do think -
... In a good way. It's good.

So, Miss Chanterelle, is that an office I see you sitting in? What department are you gracing with your... skills?
Human Resources, darling. You'll never guess where.
The deli, methinks. You'd be good there, I reckon!
What? No, they don't have - I'm working the Car Wash, imbecile!

THE Car Wash? That blasted legendary one?
Yes, the one and only. Oh, I think I was built for this kind of work. Tolerating the complaints of fools and rich men and sending them all away just the same. You should see a day in the life of a worker here - barely any car washing at all! Did you know this place has an intergalactic department, of all things? They can't even fix my coffee machine!

Ha ha, that sounds like you for sure. I don't think I've ever seen you... in over your head, ever. Maybe you can reach your full potential here?
Well, it pays the bills. Anything for my pets at home, though I expect I won't be here long before I can retire and move somewhere quiet.

I say, Persni - that doesn't sound like you at all, wot! No conferences, no dinners, no diddly squat! I bet you'll have a nice big garden, but if there's one thing this old mole has learnt is that the heart-to-heart is key!
Hey now. I'm not living alone -

Pets don't count.
- there's some other folks living in the village I've got my eye on. No one familiar, which I suppose is for the best. I've too many enemies here, save for you four.

Well, we'll be sure to visit as often as we can. It'll be... nice, to see you in person someday.
I'm counting on it. Now, I'm clocking out. I don't care if Super fucking Mario walks through that door, I've got a date with some wine and a bean bag at home.

... Hello? Hey, pal, can you hear me? Is this thing on?

Bill, my love, are you sure this is him? Did you misdial his, er...

BILL? BILL AND MONTY? Wow, it's really you! I gotta say, I hope you've had as great a year as I have, pal! Look at this sweet tie! Look!
Golly, it IS you! My chum, my pal, I positively LOVE that spiffy bow tie!

Really nice aesthetic, Sledge. How've you been?
Let me tell you right now, buddy - you would not believe what I've been up to. Once we all packed up shop in the city and whatnot, I thought I'd treat myself to a little camping adventure. AND THEN! I stumbled across a BODYBUILDING CONVENTION, pal! They didn't let me in then 'cause of some little 'ticket app' trinket I didn't have, but I've been staking out the site all year, pal, and I made sure to get on the committee this time as well.
It's an awesome location, too. Mountains, pinewood forests, lakes... just like the old days with my family. I've loved every minute of it. Lots of critters and leaves to chomp on, too. Hah! After spending all that time as a CEO, I haven't spent a coin in months!

Golly ho, I can't even imagine! Life in the wilds, not a penny to your name or a cap to your mane... you're surely built for it, but never me nor Billy here.
Good point, well made. So you're on the... committee? For bodybuilding?

Oh, no, let me explain it. It's a ceremony... they have all these little awards for the community that they give out every year. Er... I think the public vote on it. I dunno much about it, pal, but all I know is that I'm set for first place this year!
In what?
EVERYTHING! That's the best part of the committee! I did a little 'hacking' with my hammercase and tonight I'm taking home as many gold trophies as I can carry! And know this, pal - I can carry all of them and THEN SOME.

You said tonight? It's already the evening, are you sure you're allowed to be calling us right now?
Oh CRAP! I'm meant to be giving these things out in a few minutes! Gotta bounce, pals, but I'm coming back home after tonight, so you better believe I'll see you soon!

By jove, did that old man say he was giving the awards out as well? Who's the chap in charge who let him present his own work with all the gold medals they could afford?

Who knows, babe. Who knows. They might be streaming the ceremony now, so do you wanna hunker down for it and call Kammi later?
You know me best, love.

Hey guys! Isn't it like, two in the morning for you?
Likewise, old friend! I darn well know you're still in the ol' city, so what's the excuse? It's not like the Kammi we know to go clubbing in the streets!
Oh, hold on, I can barely hear you over this rave, let me turn my sound up -

HE SAID, WHY ARE YOU CLUBBING?
Oh, right! Ah, well, you know... clown hunting, duck hunting, the usual. I really do think I'm onto something here. I've been tracking their movements, all the crowds that have turned up since the duck flipped out, and if he's anywhere, he's here. Running this place. I can almost feel it, though it's probably just the scanners I've set up. Apparently, this is where his syndicate gathers. I think they're called the... April Fools?

You're... still on that?
My girl! If you only take one lesson from me, let it be this. There's no sense in blasting at ancient grudges! Just do what we did when we had an emotional scuffle!
Well, hold on, I don't think you can just marry your way out of everything -

Hey, listen, it's alright. If I'm not successful here, I'm dropping the whole thing and moving out. The longer I take to track him down, the harder he'll make it for me, so, y'know, I'll just do this one mission and then wash my hands of it all. It's been a wild year, though! I've made so many allies and met so many different people, more than I ever thought I would before I left the skyscraper... I might even come back here, someday. You guys moved out yet?

Nope! The day I say tally ho to this place is the day world peace is restored!

We're settling down in the suburbs whilst we figure out what we want to do with that building. Lots of resources, lots of technology that could help a lot of people... lots of hard decisions. Lots lots lots.
Well, chin up, chum! We've dealt volumes of kabloey across the lands, it shan't be difficult to restart our old methods with the new product!

Hah! I'm looking forward to seeing you two agree on a business plan. I might have even caught the duck by then!

...Look. I never thought I'd say this, but I feel almost bittersweet about what I've done in this city. I've changed so much over my life, and for once my obsession has been for a good cause. On the other hand... I'm really looking forward to getting out of here. I'll take what I've learned and start a new chapter somewhere, far from here. I'll always leave a sigil at your place though! Just gimme a text and I can come down within seconds. Not now, though.

Ah, look at me rambling. I've got a rave to blend in with! See you two around.

Night, Kammi. Speak soon.
Toodles!

What a night... it was great to talk to them all one more time.
And the night is as young as can be! I've got a hankering for keeping this momentum going until sunrise!
What, make more prints of our honeymoon photos? We've already got crates of the stuff.
Exactly! Once we make enough crates, we can make our family house out of them!
Oh, dear... wouldn't that be the dream. Me and you against the world, living in a box of memories... but in a good way, this time.
Ah, hold on.

Whatever's the matter, sweetie?
Babe... it's dawn already. You wanna just go nocturnal and sleep through the day?
...You know best. Sleep is important after all, hey!
Yeah, well...
Not as important as you and me, babe.

Not as important at all. I love you, Bill.

I love you too, Monty. Good night.

Decades in the future, and about a year after that, a skyscraper stands tall above the others. Its foundations are slowly fading and crumbling, neon highlights now dirty black glass. When you stand at the base and look up, you can't help but feel like it's reaching towards the heavens above. It was once a beaming beacon of prosperity, then a monument to a phenomenon feared amongst all, and finally a monolith of a bygone era.

Nowadays, it's pretty much just an eyesore, and the residents of Neo Bowser City long for the day people can come here and not point out this wretched cuboid.

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Awards Killing Game 44129.08%
2April Fool's Day 20212417.02%
3Awards Ceremony 20201812.77%
4Mushroom City Car Wash (roleplay)149.93%
5Sheep Mafia107.09%
6Rogues in Rogueport Mafia85.67%
7Super Mario 3D World Bowser's Fury Photo Contest64.26%
7Ultimate Location Battle64.26%
9The Altonia Files (roleplay)42.84%
9Warm Beverages vs Cold Beverages 'Shroomfest42.84%
11Chickens vs Pigs 'Shroomfest21.42%
11Toad Brigade Mafia21.42%
13Heroes vs Villains 'Shroomfest10.71%
13World of the Spirits (roleplay)10.71%
Total Votes: 141

Hooded Pitohui and Luigi 64DD are up next with C2 - Favorite Retired ‘Shroom Writer!

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
"They have eyes everywhere." You hear it all the time. It's the conspiracy theorists, mostly, who spout that line. Funny thing is, they're right about the eyes. There are eyes everywhere in this city, but they ain't working for Mushroom Castle, Dark Land's intelligence agencies, the Shamans, or any of the usual suspects.

No, they get the "they" wrong. It ain't shadowy cabals keeping tabs on everyone. It's the people like me, Mr. I, Private Eye. That spotlight-stealing hog Shmaluigi might think he's the big cheese, but he ain't the only one who can get a case put across his desk. He might be able to rest on his laurels, but some of us work twenty four hours a day, seven days a week to keep the cash flowing in. We can't all have places naming meals after us.

The case that came across my desk three months ago… It nearly had me spinning in circles when I read it. The 'Shroom HQ, that building where every king and kingmaker gets their start. You know you've made it in this city when you make a name for yourself around there. Get your name attached to a couple of articles in that paper, and you wouldn't believe what connections open up to you.

But what happens to the big shots in that building when they leave? After the retirement parties and the big goodbyes, they fade out of the public eye, but they ain't done with their work. So what do they stick their hands in once they leave?

That's what I was asked to find out. Getting access to these three retired writers wasn't an easy task, but I got the dirt. Here you go. Three files for three writers. They got what you need in them, so take them.

File One Notes

”CODENAME A!”: SUPER MARIO BROS.

Present Location

Super Mario Bros., the dutiful Director. Once one of the most powerful names in New Wikisburg, his name was practically synonymous with "The 'Shroom Director" at the height of his career. The kind of man you'd expect journalists to swarm, even in retirement. But there ain't been book deals, speeches, any of that. How'd he get his privacy after a career like he had? It wasn't easy to find where he went, but some records from Realah T. helped pin him down.

The ex-Director moved into that old abandoned building that once housed The Disconnected. Smart move. Not many souls wander into the district it's in anymore, not since it became an economic bottomless pit. Not even the Brocolly Campaign could get the city to budge. Everyone knows it ain't worth throwing money away there to get nothing in return. Far as I can tell, Super Mario Bros. is still hunkering down in the shadow of The Disconnected HQ to this day.

Excerpts From the Statistics Manager

SUPER MARIO BROS.​

-DIRECTED ISSUES XLVII TO LXXXII AND ISSUES XCV TO 111

-WROTE SECTIONS LIKE CROSSWORD AND MYSTERY IMAGES AND SHOP SCOUT

-BLOOD TYPE (AM4 CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM): A!

-OTHER NOTES: EARS? RELATED TO WARIO AND WALUIGI?

Recent Activity

Years in the shadows… and then he steps back out into the light. The media stir was smaller than you'd expect, which suggests somebody somewhere was paid off to keep quiet about this, but Super Mario Bros. was spotted on the debate stage over in the General Discussion Square this year, posing for pictures with that eccentric cereal magnate Waluigi Time. What dragged him back out into the public eye? The answer to that question might be waiting in Uniju Tower.

File Two Notes

”The Queen Bee of the Battlefield”: ZELENPIXEL

Present Location

Isle Delfino. After her brief time with The 'Shroom, this master of battlefield tactics left New Wikisburg on a plane bound for that sun-drenched tropical paradise. A few Piantas cut a deal with her, and she got a big tract of land south of Pianta Village on the cheap. The land ain't anything special. It's undeveloped, but she's turned it into a nature preserve. Spore Nature Preserve, it's called. The whole place is dedicated to the protection, study, and appreciation of insects now. Guess that's what you'd call someone following their passions.

ZELENPIXEL​

-WRITER OF KINGDOM BATTLE RAMBLE

-WROTE FROM ISSUE 165 TO 169

-BLOOD TYPE (AM4 CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM): HEMOLYMPH

-HEIGHT: SMOL

Recent Activity

So, how does a fresh writer walk out of the doors of The 'Shroom HQ and get a tract of land worth a million Beanbean Coins? There's only one group who can make that happen. It ain't just any Piantas who approached Zelen. You think it's a coincidence that the Pianta Syndicate has been attacking the Robbo Gang with Hostile Voxels and Suction Destructions? It ain't a coincidence. There's weapons smuggling going on here. Nobody but Zelen has access to that many Blasters, Bwords, and Grenaducks. Weapons from New Wikisburg are traveling through Isle Delfino and down to Rogueport, probably hidden in the accounting for this new nature preserve. But someone brokered this deal, someone who had years to build up connections that Zelen couldn't have possibly secured in less than a year. Only one man could have made this match...

File Three Notes

”Shady Salesman Extraordinaire”: TOADBERT101

Present Location

"The Shady Salesman Extraordinaire," "The CEO of Cash Money," "The Man in the Suit," "The Gent with the Pole," whatever you call him, there ain't any arguing that Toadbert101 is the most successful businessman on this side of Poshley Heights. Like anyone with wealth, taste, and questionable morals, after he retired, he settled into a high floor of the tallest building around. Toadbert, or Bert to his friends, lives on floor 66 of the famous Uniju Tower, looking down on the whole of the world from up on high.

TOADBERT101​

-WRITER OF PEDDLER'S PLACE

-WROTE IN ISSUE XIV AND FROM ISSUE XXVIII TO XXX AND, WITH GAPS, FROM ISSUE LX TO 120

-BLOOD TYPE (AM4 CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM): D (MAY HAVE PROVIDED FAKE BLOOD)

-OTHER NOTES: REQUESTED PROTECTION FROM THE COPS

Recent Activity

We thought it was over. We thought that he was out of the game. We all thought that the Peddler's Place had closed down. But, no, Toadbert was only getting smarter, staying a step ahead of us. He wasn't going to keep putting himself at risk, selling directly to his customers. He's been working in the shadows, building a smuggling ring. So why not send in the cops? We ain't got the evidence, not yet. He's a slipperier weasel than Threek. He knows how to cover his tracks. But there's one thing he can't cover. Who he's meeting with. Yeah, that's right. Hang out in the stairwell long enough, and you see who comes in and out. Is it a coincidence that Toadbert brought Super Mario Bros. and Waluigi Time together? Is it a coincidence that Toadbert had Frankie come in just a day before Zelen got an invitation to Uniju Tower?

I don't think so. You ask me who's pulling the strings in New Wikisburg? Follow the money, and look at that bashful Bert.

There you have it. There's your man. Now, how about we discuss payment?

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Toadbert1012216.42%
1ZelenPixel2216.42%
3Super Mario Bros.1914.18%
4Mr. Edo139.70%
5Luigi 64DD107.46%
6Lord Bowser96.72%
7The Pyro Guy85.97%
8Shokora64.48%
9Meta Knight53.73%
9Tucayo53.73%
11Andymii42.99%
11Zange42.99%
13MsRetroGeek21.49%
13Smasher21.49%
15Mariofan16910.75%
15Parakoopa14410.75%
15YKMR300010.75%
Total Votes: 134

Magolor04726 is up next with C9 - Favorite Written ‘Shroom Section of the Past Year!

Morpho Knight

Judgement Butterfly
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
It was a dark and stormy night…

Well, I thought, staring out the window. It’s actually a bright and sunny noon. So that’s a no-go. I highlighted the opening phrase, my finger hovering over the backspace button, but something held me back.

Agh, what am I thinking?! I deleted the line. I can’t open with that. I need something else. Actually, I need an idea for this whole thing. Why didn’t I start this Awards presentation sooner?!

I sat staring at a blank Word document on my computer, just watching the little black line blink. And blink… and… blink. (Betcha didn’t see that coming.) OK Magolor. THINK. How can you present these awards in an entertaining way that’s not too long? Then a thought hit me: I could talk about how winstein’s stellar analysis of newspaper comics had earned him third place - in comic format! A touch of clever humor that I could pull off easily.

Drawn and Pressed.png

No, I thought, I don’t think I have the artistic skill to do that. So now what? I spun in the office chair I was sitting in and thought about who was next and what I could do for them. OK, the next is… I thought, reading the document. Ah, well, no surprise there. Hmm… A thought struck me and I began typing.

“And in the lead we have winstein, closely followed by Superchao in the Blue Falcon! Their vehicles are bumper to bumper as they round the last turn, approaching the finish line! I’ve never been so tense during a race, folks! They’re nearing the finish line- but wait! Roaring in from the back- is that a hot dog car? It’s moving unimaginably fast, and- Oh my gosh! It’s overtaken the leaders! Superchao takes second place with Mach Speed Mayhem, followed by winstein!”

I stared at the words on screen. A hot dog car. Wow. That’s so stupid. I deleted what I had written and continued to think. Still, the race car commentary isn’t a bad idea. Now what? I have decent ideas for winstein and Superchao, but I still need something for the winner… hm… I began typing at the top of the page once more.

The Super Mario Wiki

I’ve seen a lot of websites dedicated to the Mario series, but none draws me in more than the Super Mario Wiki and its community. It’s absolutely brimming with information about virtually anything that’s even remotely related to Mario. With over 25,000 articles on the series, it certainly features no shortage of knowledge and information.

The front page instantly grabs your attention. It features six banners in the middle, each displaying the Wiki’s prime quality or something to build the community: a Featured Article, representing the pinnacle of Mario writing, Mario & Nintendo News, which gives you all the latest information on recent announcements and releases, a Community Poll that gauges many popular interests and recent events, Did You Know, which has certainly spent me down many a rabbit hole with its fascinating tidbits, a helpful link to the Mushroom World Encyclopedia sites, and my personal favorite, the ‘Shroom, a community newspaper that is published once a month.

The ‘Shroom is certainly the crown of the Wiki, featuring six main sections, about three staff sections, and various special sections. Fake News is always chock-full of gag articles on all sorts of subjects that always make me laugh and Fun Stuff always provides challenging puzzles that are so much fun! Palette Swap provides plenty of art, writing, and creative works for anyone who may be interested, and Pipe Plaza can always be relied on for hard facts about the Wiki, Mario Boards, and even some stuff that’s not related to them. Finally, you can find honest opinions on many different things in Critic Corner and plenty of in-depth analysis and strategies for several games and such in the Strategy Wing.

If the ‘Shroom is the crown of the Wiki, then Anton’s section in Critic Corner, Anton’s Half-Baked Reviews is the finest gem in the middle of the crown. In it, he reviews all sorts of different food products from “snacks you get at a gas station to high-end luxury products,” as well as a few other products in earlier issues (video games, to name one). He recently won the Favorite Written ‘Shroom Section of the Past Year in the 2021 Community Awards of the Wiki as well, which only goes to prove my point even further.

All in all, the Super Mario Wiki and its community are a great place to be and it always brightens my day to read the ‘Shroom, find out some new obscure fact about Mario, or simply chatting with friends on the Mario Boards!

Now this I like! I thought. Anton’s Half-Baked Reviews got first, so it’s only appropriate to write the announcement like it was a review. Still, I need an idea for the whole thing, how to tie it all together…

Then I had an idea. A stupid idea. A stupendous idea. One that would rock the awards with its originality and cleverness. I could write it as it is: me trying to figure out how to do the presentation.

Nah! That’ll never work!

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Anton's Half-Baked Reviews (Anton)3023.44%
2Mach Speed Mayhem (Superchao)2317.97%
3Drawn and Pressed (winstein)1410.94%
4Mushroom Tribune (Shoey and Hooded Pitohui)118.59%
5The Odyssey of a Squid (Ninja Squid)75.47%
5TV Tomorrow (Quizmelon)75.47%
7Anniversary Announcements (Lakituthequick)64.69%
7Kingdom Battle Ramble (ZelenPixel)64.69%
7Monthly Inquisition (Goombuigi)64.69%
10Site Seeing (Lakituthequick)43.12%
11Poll Committee Discussion (11th Poll Committee)32.34%
11Rose's Quarantine Reviews (Roserade)32.34%
13Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown (Waluigi Time)21.56%
13Parallax (Baby Luigi and LeftyGreenMario)21.56%
13So You Want to Conquer Japan? (Shoey)21.56%
16Doomed Reviews (Doomhiker)10.78%
16O. World of Plight (Magolor04726)10.78%
Total Votes: 128

Power Flotzo is up next with C5 - Wiki Contributor Award 2021-2021!

Ruby Kurosawa

"Ganbaruby!"
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Power Flotzo

Hello there, extended mariowiki.com community! I’m Hanayo neso, and I’m here to present the award for C5-Wiki Contributor Award 2020-2021 on behalf of my owner, who is currently on vacation at the time of the awards and isn’t home to post this.

This year in wiki edits has been quite a wild ride, from new additions to the wiki’s staff to my owner helping put the finishing touches on a nearly six-year-old passed proposal. Everyone gave it their all to make the MarioWiki a better place than it was the year before. On behalf of my owner, I’d like to showcase what each of our top 5 wiki contributors did to improve the wiki this year.

In fifth place, this user has proven to be useful when it comes to finding official names for subjects, whether they are found in obscure guidebooks from other places or internal filenames that the player does not see. With 11 votes, please give it up for LinkTheLefty!

Our next featured user is someone who has been extremely devoted to enhancing the quality of Mario Kart-related pages, and has notably led a project to expand the wiki’s coverage of the Mario and Sonic series which is currently ongoing. BBQ Turtle takes fourth place with 12 votes!

For third place, we have a user who has been on the wiki staff for quite some time and has been one of its most active contributors. They have been indispensable in discussions and keeping a close eye on the Recent Changes page, and they also take on many projects related to the wiki. Alex95 claims third place with 13 votes!

Second place goes to someone who only joined the wiki staff last year, but has edited ever since 2009. This user is very involved when it comes to proposals, projects, and uploading game asset rips. With a whopping 22 votes, Ray Trace, the most handsome and smartest of the Protectors, gets the silver for this award!

(Hanayo neso leaves the podium to go eat a big onigiri.)

Sorry about that, I was hungry. But I’m back!

And now, to present the #1 contributor to the wiki this year: someone who has had an account on the wiki for a little over a decade and joined the extended community only last year. Someone who blocks problematic users and checks on Recent Changes. Someone very active who votes frequently in proposals and fact-checks information. With a massive (at least for this award) total of 29 votes, first prize goes to the community's resident cereal magnate…

Waluigi Time!

also please buy PF Muesli ok bye

#
Nominee
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Waluigi Time2922.83%
2Ray Trace2217.32%
3Alex951310.24%
4BBQ Turtle129.45%
5LinkTheLefty118.66%
6Koopa con Carne86.30%
7Doc von Schmeltwick43.15%
7Scrooge20043.15%
7The Mansion43.15%
100blivion32.36%
10LuigiMaster12332.36%
10Pasta93732.36%
10Wynn Liaw32.36%
14Keyblade Master21.57%
14PhGuy1221.57%
14SuperLuigiDude21.57%
17Nintendo10110.79%
17RHG195110.79%
Total Votes: 127

Goombuigi is up next with C3 - Favorite Artist!