• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kirbyo

writing for the `Shroom, saving Popstar from doom
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Kirbyo
You like puzzles? You like games like Tetris and Panel de Pon? Well, you've come to the right place! This is the Wario's Woods tournament, and it's going to be action-packed excitement all the way! before you read the rules, You're going to want to make sure you have:
  • A Nintendo Switch
  • A NSO (Nintendo Switch Online) subscription
With all that out of the way, here's the rules!
  • The competition will be in the swiss format so each round is determined by how you did in previous matches
  • Each round will last five days
  • You can't schedule future matches ahead of time
  • You must finish a match within a certian timeframe, else it will be a 0-0 tie
  • We will be playing the NES version
  • If you don't have your friend code in by the end of first round, you will be disqualified
  • There will be six rounds, each best out of three. Round one will be the 1-x stages, rounds two and three being the 2-x stages, rounds four and five being the 3-x stages, and round six being the 4-x stages. Each set x will go up by one, and each time you win a set you get a point, first to two points wins the match. For example, in round four, player 1 and player 2 begin a set on 3-1. Player 1 wins and gets a point, and then they do a set on 3-2. Say player 2 wins this time. In this case, they play one last set in 3-3. If player 2 wins again, then one of the players says weather they lost or won and how the score was, so in this example, player 2 would say he beat player 1 2-1
  • The monster used will always be the default monster
  • This tourney relies on trust, so please don't lie
  • Also, sign ups end this Saturday and the tourney will start Sunday, with the target amount being 8-12, with the hard cap being 16. At that point anyone who wants to sign up will have to be a replacement. You can sign up as a replacment before the hard cap as well of course
and that's about it! To sign up, post in bold with your friend code, ok? Now, lets get to blowing up some monsters!
  • Waluigi Time (Shmaluigi): SW-4223-0648-3321
  • Ninelevendo: SW-5056-6247-9414
  • Luigi 64DD (Reigen Arataka): SW-4184-5900-3232
  • Goombuigi: SW-5622-4479-3404
  • Shoey (Etemon): tbp
  • Fantanoice: SW-1185-3678-7111
  • Hooded Pitohui: SW-6880-0428-3118
  • Kirbyo (Pippersquawk): SW-0015-8752-0723

Last edited:

Done

Goodbye
Pronouns
He/him
Great idea, but the only snag may be how many people have Wario’s Woods (SNES).

Kirbyo

writing for the `Shroom, saving Popstar from doom
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Kirbyo
Great idea, but the only snag may be how many people have Wario’s Woods (SNES).
Well, it would be done via NSO (Nintendo Switch Online), and seeing how Roserade's tourney using NSO to have people play Panel de Pon turned out, I think I can manage getting people to sign up if people like the concept.

Done

Goodbye
Pronouns
He/him
I’d join if I had a Switch and Wario’s Woods.

My suggestion is to promote your tourney, perhaps even on some Mario Discord Servers?

Done

Goodbye
Pronouns
He/him
I could share the link to this tourney on the Mario Discord server if you wish.

Marge Simpson

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her
Yes it want in. Will it be the nes or snes version?

Round robin or swiss should depend on how many entrants you get.

Goombgooigi

The Gooigi-fied Goomba
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Goombuigi
I'd be interested in playing, if this tourney becomes a thing when do you estimate you'd start it?

Reigen Arataka

Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century (not conman)
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Luigi 64DD
I might be willing to play this even though I've basically never played Wario's Woods.

JamesCalebJackson(ghost)

That's what I call hamburgers
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Before the end of July, probably 3-5 days after enough sign-ups are reached so that I have time to figure out what tourney structure to use. Also, how should I know when to post a tourney post?
I'd actually open sing ups now because it looks like you've got at least 6 people interested