Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament 2021 (Singles and Doubles)

Caspar von Bergliez

Right makes might, right?
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
We have a constant inability to do our double matches with Kirbyo/SMO. On at least two occasions, Kirbyo was not available at a time they said they were, and I sent them a message telling them when would they be alright with doing it on friday, and I still haven't had an answer.

This was supposed to be done by August 11th originally, but at this point, it's becoming more and more tedious trying to do it.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
At this point, I've heard more than enough from players regarding how difficult scheduling has been to warrant this, so, since NS and WT have made a more-than-reasonable amount of effort to arrange their match, The Consumers forfeit the match to the Rogueport Rogues, for a 2-0 win for the Rogueport Rogues.

Rest assured that there's a conversation regarding the importance of showing up to agreed-upon matches and the importance of communication ahead.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
The Consumers (SMOPlayer and Kirbyo) have forfeited their remaining matches in the doubles tournament, taking a 0-2 loss.

Kirbyo has forfeited his remaining match in round six of the singles tournament, taking a 0-2 loss.

And with that, the 2021 Smash Bros. Ultimate Awards Tournament comes to a close.

Congratulations to MayanRyan (Yoshiwaker) for claiming first place with an undefeated run in the singles tournament and - wew boy - POV you're versing Two Users with the Worst Internet Speed using Wi-Fi who pay for a Nintendo Switch Online subscription that does nothing to decrease their Lag but gives them a catalogue of games they already own (Fantanoice and Ninelevendo) for taking first place in the doubles tournament, also undefeated!

RankPlayer
1stMayanRyan (Yoshiwaker)
2ndNinelevendo
3rdFantanoice
4thTurboo
5thLuigi 64DD
6thNinja Squid
7thThe Pyro Guy
8thWaluigi Time
9thHooded Pitohui
10thSMOPlayer
11thSuperchao
12thKirbyo
13thShygul

FINAL SINGLES BRACKET

RankTeam
1stPOV you're versing Two Users with the Worst Internet Speed using Wi-Fi who pay for a Nintendo Switch Online subscription that does nothing to decrease their Lag but gives them a catalogue of games they already own (Fantanoice and Ninelevendo)
2ndThe Close Rangers (The Pyro Guy and Luigi 64DD)
3rdThe Worst Most Despicable and Disastrous Duo (Superchao and Turboo)
4thRogueport Rogues (Ninja Squid and Waluigi Time)
5thConsumers (Kirbyo and SMOPlayer)

FINAL DOUBLES BRACKET

Congratulations once again to Australia and Mayan for dominating the high-placing rankings this year, and thank you all for having participated in this tournament! I hope you had fun, and enjoyed playing Smash with your fellow community members!