Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament 2021 (Singles and Doubles)

Sou Hiyori

miss sara it seems i'm stuck on marioboards.com
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
i didn't hear anything else from SMOplayer past me trying to catch him in the thread here so I guess I'd say tie us 0-0

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Okay, round three is officially over.

Meaning that for both singles and doubles, round four begins now and will last until .

You might notice that this is two days over a week. Well, there's enough time to allow for this, people are in crunch-time on presentation work this week, and this gets us back to Wednesday round changes, letting the weekends fall in the middle of a round instead of right before the end.

Below, you'll find the match up tables.

Singles Matchups OneSingles Matchups Two
Ninja SquidSuperchao
SMOPlayerNinelevendo
Luigi 64DDThe Pyro Guy
YoshiwakerTurboo
FantanoiceHooded Pitohui
Waluigi TimeKirbyo

Doubles Matchups OneDoubles Matchups Two
Rogueport Rogues (Ninja Squid and Waluigi Time)Consumers (Kirbyo and SMOPlayer)
The Worst Most Despicable and Disastrous Duo (Superchao and Turboo)The Close Rangers (The Pyro Guy and Luigi 64DD)

As always, you can also check the brackets to see where you stand and who you're up against.

Singles Bracket is Here!

Doubles Bracket is Here!

Good luck, have fun, and let me know if you need help scheduling your matches or if any problems arise!

@Dimitri A. Blaiddyd @Reko Yabusame @SMOplayer @Ninelevendo @Yoshiwaker @Reigen Arataka @The Pyro Guy @Sou Hiyori @fantanoice @Hooded Pitohui @Waluigi Time @Pippersquawk

Reigen Arataka

Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century (not conman)
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Luigi 64DD
These were reported on Discord but for the sake of thoroughness:

The Close Rangers outranged The Worst Most Despicable Duo 2-0

And, in some of the closest matches I have fought in in this whole tournament, I beat TPG 2-1

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Hey, singles folks, you finished your round! Since folks have so much going on right now, trying to finish up awards presentations and juggling other activities, I'm not going to "officially" start the round early and throw people off. I'll throw out the ping and everything and keep singles and doubles tied together at the time they were originally set to end, but... since the next round is filled in the bracket and extra time won't hurt anyone...

If you want to start planning out a time for your next singles match, here's your opponents in the penultimate round:

Singles Opponent OneSingles Opponent Two
SMOPlayerNinja Squid
KirbyoThe Pyro Guy
TurbooHooded Pitohui
YoshiwakerFantanoice
SuperchaoWaluigi Time
NinelevendoLuigi 64DD

For planning purposes (I will remind you when we officially switch-over), you can expect this round to end at , so take that into consideration.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Alright, alright, it's time for the round to change for both doubles and singles. Thank you all for getting your matches in even during this period of presentation work!

Singles
For singles folks, nothing has changed from my last post. You're into round five, the penultimate round! You'll have until to complete your round five matches, but, if you need a little more time than that or can't get these matches done, just let me know. We'll figure it out.

As always, you can see the bracket here, but you can also consult this table to see your next matchup.

Singles Opponent OneSingles Opponent Two
SMOPlayerNinja Squid
KirbyoThe Pyro Guy
TurbooHooded Pitohui
YoshiwakerFantanoice
SuperchaoWaluigi Time
NinelevendoLuigi 64DD

Doubles
Okay, doubles folks, you're in an interesting position, because there's a few matches that haven't been completed despite earnest efforts, but, for the moment, we'll focus on your final round, round five.

The doubles bracket is right here, but our two final matches are:

Doubles Team OneDoubles Team Two
Consumers (Kirbyo and SMOPlayer)The Worst Most Despicable and Disastrous Duo (Superchao and Turboo)
POV you're versing Two Users with the Worst Internet Speed using Wi-Fi who pay for a Nintendo Switch Online subscription that does nothing to decrease their Lag but gives them a catalogue of games they already own (Fantanoice and Ninelevendo)Rogueport Rogues (Ninja Squid and Waluigi Time)

Nominally, you have until to complete your final matches, however, to give you maximum flexibility, and to account for the two matches that have not been finished from earlier rounds, I'm going to give you the maximum possible extension and ask that any teams with unfinished matches try and get their matches in by .

Take the whole rest of the month if you need it. If it doesn't work out, so be it. We'll still wrap this up on that final day of August. If I can help at all, do let me know.

@SMOplayer @Dimitri A. Blaiddyd @Kirbyo @The Pyro Guy @Sou Hiyori @Hooded Pitohui @Yoshiwaker @fantanoice @Reko Yabusame @Ninelevendo @Waluigi Time @Reigen Arataka

(Also, please, do enjoy the Awards ceremony this week! Don't put Smash ahead of attending and enjoying the big show!)

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Alright, folks, round five of singles is about to end, or... it would be. It seems you folks need a little more time, and I can make that time work, so I'm happy to oblige.

Round 5 will stretch into one more weekend, and will end at . Any matches not completed by this time will be set as forfeits or 0-0 draws, as appropriate, and round six will begin at this time, lasting for one week without extensions.

Folks who still need to get their round five matches in (unless I've somehow missed you, and, if so, I apologize) are:
@SMOplayer and @Dimitri A. Blaiddyd
@Reko Yabusame and @Waluigi Time
@Ninelevendo and @Reigen Arataka

The bracket can be found here.

Doubles tournament, just continue to try and fit in your round four and five matches.

I know scheduling matches can be hard, and that this tournament has been a bit stop-and-go, but I hope you all have had fun being able to fight each other in Smash, and I hope you'll see it through as we bring it to a close with August.

Good luck, and let me know if you need anything!

Dr. Waluigi Frankentime

It was a breakfast smash
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Waluigi Time
The Rogueport Rogues experienced POV you're versing Two Users with the Worst Internet Speed using Wi-Fi who pay for a Nintendo Switch Online subscription that does nothing to decrease their Lag but gives them a catalogue of games they already own and lost 2-0

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
SMOPlayer has forfeited his round five match with Ninja Squid by default, giving Ninja Squid a 2-0 win.

Alright, folks, it's time for the final round of singles! As always, you can see the matchups in the singles bracket, here, but if you need them at a glance...

Opponent OneOpponent Two
Waluigi TimeSMOPlayer
YoshiwakerLuigi 64DD
KirbyoHooded Pitohui
FantanoiceNinja Squid
SuperchaoThe Pyro Guy
NinelevendoTurboo

Singles folks, please complete your matches before . (That's an extra day of time). No extensions will be granted this round.

Doubles folks, your matches are still due by . I know there have been some scheduling issues, so just do your best, and, if it doesn't work out, don't worry too much about it. You should be having fun, not stressing yourselves out.

As a reminder, here's the doubles bracket and outstanding matches.

Team OneTeam Two
The Worst Most Despicable and Disastrous Duo (Superchao and Turboo)Consumers (Kirbyo and SMOPlayer)
Rogueport Rogues (Ninja Squid and Waluigi Time) Consumers (Kirbyo and SMOPlayer)

It's the grand finale, so get out there and get one more good round of Smash in, everyone!

@Waluigi Time @SMOplayer @Yoshiwaker @Reigen Arataka @Kirbyo @Hooded Pitohui @Ash Ketchum @Dimitri A. Blaiddyd @Reko Yabusame @The Pyro Guy @Ninelevendo @Sou Hiyori