Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament 2021 (Singles and Doubles)

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
So, as an update, for the time being, I've removed Shygul from the tournament. Challonge makes it easy to do so, and that counts as a forfeit for the Shygul-Kirbyo match. Going forward, we'll have an even number of participants populate the rest of the bracket, so there won't be any byes or anything of that nature.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Ah, right, 3:00 PM passed me like a summer breeze today...

Singles tournament is going to take a two-day extension to give TPG and SMOPlayer time to schedule a match. If something changes for either of you, let me know ASAP. No matter what the case is, the latest Round 3 will start is .

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Got a score report from TPG, so we can move on ahead with singles.

Singles Round Three

Superchao (@Reko Yabusame)Hooded Pitohui (@Hooded Pitohui)
Waluigi Time (@Shmaluigi)The Pyro Guy (@The Pyro Guy)
Ninja Squid (@Dimitri A. Blaiddyd)Luigi 64DD (@Reigen Arataka)
Turboo (@Sou Hiyori)SMOPlayer (@SMOplayer)
Fantanoice (@fantanoice)Kirbyo (@Pippersquawk)
Yoshiwaker (@Yoshiwaker)Ninelevendo (@Ninelevendo)

Apologies for the delay, folks, but round three begins now and will end at . Take your time and get this week's matches in! And let me know if you need anything

Singles Bracket

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
So, strictly speaking the doubles tournament's third round should have ended a few minutes ago, but I did get a request a few days ago to extend it two days because of someone experiencing Internet issues, plus, it seems like we need an extension for it in general.

So, the doubles bracket will get a 48 hour extension, bringing it in line with the singles tournament, and round 3 will end at .

@The Pyro Guy @Shmaluigi @Ninelevendo @fantanoice @Dimitri A. Blaiddyd @Pippersquawk @SMOplayer (@Reko Yabusame @Sou Hiyori you two don't have a match this round, but I wanted to make sure you were aware of the circumstances)

Please do let me know if you're running into difficulties scheduling matches or need some other accommodation.

Don't forget, doubles players, that you can get matches done for future rounds, too.

Dr. Waluigi Frankentime

It was a breakfast smash
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Waluigi Time
I Ness'd NS 2-0

Also I believe this was stated elsewhere but for more thorough coverage The Close Rangers beat the Rogueport Rogues 2-0
i was there for both can confirm

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Oh, yeah, sure. That's fine. I won't ping everyone again, but in that case, I'll extend round 3 of doubles over the weekend, too, so it'll end on . I'm aiming for max flexibility here, and doubles has a little more flexibility than singles, so that's no problem.

Sou Hiyori

miss sara it seems i'm stuck on marioboards.com
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
i don't think i can get my match with smoplayer in on time since i've been working lol. thursday is my last workday but the bracket ends during my shift so yea, wouldnt mind an extension there. i have at least talked with him over pm but haven't gotten a time down

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
That's fine, too. We have the time. Lots of time before August ends and only a few more rounds after this.
Alright, I'll make it official tomorrow and ping the single-player folks, but I'll probably go ahead and extend singles one more time to over the weekend, too.

We'll take the flexibility while we have it. In mid-August, we won't have as much flexibility (but also presentations will be done, so hopefully that makes things a little easier.)

Thanks for bearing with this tournament rolling along, everyone.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Okay, one final update regarding round 3, and one final ping in this round, I promise you folks.

Based on feedback, I'm also going to extend round 3 of singles to give you the weekend. Right now, we have some buffer time in the schedule, so we're going to take advantage of that. Please understand that I won't be able to offer as many extensions as we progress into August, however. Hopefully, with presentations done and other tournaments wrapping up, scheduling in August will be easier.

For now, though, round 3 of singles will end on and round 4 will begin at this point.

The extension granted to doubles still applies, so doubles and singles will be synched up again when both begin a new round at .

I can't offer any further extensions past this for round three of either, so do please try to use the weekend time to get matches in.

Thank you all for your patience, and please look forward to round four starting in a few days.

@fantanoice @The Pyro Guy @Shmaluigi @Yoshiwaker @Dimitri A. Blaiddyd @Pippersquawk @SMOplayer @Reigen Arataka @Ninelevendo @Sou Hiyori @Reko Yabusame

I know the extensions here might have caused confusion, so if you need any clarifications, please message me and I'll be happy to make sure we're all on the same page.

Sou Hiyori

miss sara it seems i'm stuck on marioboards.com
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
Unfortunately something came up and I'm not going to be able to play this weekend.
are you available today? i got home not long ago

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Yea, so we were going to try to do the match right now but SMOplayer doesn't seem to be online, and Idk if he'll be avaliable over the weekend. What happens if we can't get the match done?
If a match absolutely can't happen, I'll look at the circumstances and either mark it as a 2-0 forfeit (if one party made no reasonable effort to appear) or a 0-0 tie so we can move forward.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
I don't think we'll be able to do our match, so is it possible to put it at a 0-0 tie for now and then at a later dat if we do get the match done you can edit the scores?
Yeah, that's fine. Since this is for doubles and doesn't have to be filled in to advance, I'll just leave it blank and, if the match happens at a future date, fill it in.