The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
- Hooded Pitohui
Settle it in Smash!
It's taken some time, but we're now ready to go with the 2021 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournament for the Mario Wiki Awards. With credit to Alex, who graciously let me reuse his OP and tournament structure from last year as a base, I hope to give this forum's Smash players a chance to play some matches against each other, meet some new faces, and enjoy themselves.
Once again this year, there will be two tournaments happening at the same time, both a 1-on-1 singles tournament and a 2-on-2 doubles tournament.
Challonge link (Singles): https://challonge.com/81da94qk
Challonge link (Doubles): https://challonge.com/1dnnyp65
• 3 stocks
• 8 minutes
• Items and Final Smashes: Off
• Spirits: Off
• Stage morph and hazards: Off
• Team attack: On (for the team tourney)
• All Battlefield variants
• Small Battlefield
• All Final Destination variants
• Lylat Cruise
• Town and City
• Pokémon Stadiums
• Kalos Pokémon League
• Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
• Yoshi's Story
• Unova Pokémon League
Gentleman's Rule is also in effect, you can use whatever normal stage you want so long as you both agree on it, aside from the following, which are all banned regardless (except for their BF/FD variants):
• Palutena's Temple
• Hyrule Temple
• Mario Bros.
• The Great Cave Offensive
Also, any 2D stages (Flat Zone, Pac-Land, etc.) are banned entirely in all forms due to their lack of depth messing with the Z-Axis of some moves.
You may use any characters you would like, so long as they were added to the game before July 1st, 2021 (which is everyone currently in the roster).
- All rounds are Best-2-of-3.
- Singles tournament will go for 6 Rounds.
- Doubles tournament will go for 5 Rounds.
- Rounds will last a week. An extension can be granted if necessary, as I know coordination can be difficult.
- Failing to partake in a fight during the time granted will result in a loss. If your partner fails to show during the time for doubles, it will have to count as a loss for the both of you. Continuing to not show up will result in tournament disqualification.
- The Single player tournament will use a Swiss system, which places people against each other based on their performance.
- The Doubles tournament will use a Round Robin system, which lets every team fight each other one time.
- These may change depending on the number of players who enter.
Post your scores here, in Discord DMs, forum message, email, or however. The person and team with the most wins will, y'know, win.
So you want to play, do you? Well, I'm going to need these from you:
- Solo sign-up
- Your forum username
- Your Switch username
- Your Switch friend code
- Time zone and times that work for you
- Team sign-ups (one person posts for the both of you)
- Both of your forum names
- Both of your Switch usernames
- Both of your Switch friend codes
- Both of your time zones and times that work for you both
- A team name for extra flare, and so I have one thing to call you by
- Solo people
|Forum username||Switch username||Switch friend code||Time zone and times available|
|Fantanoice||Fantanoice||SW-1185-3678-7111||UTC+10 (Active Hours: Mainly Weekends)|
|The Pyro Guy||TPG||SW-5186-2405-5711||BST/UTC+1 (Active Hours: "Waking Hours")|
|Waluigi Time||WT||SW-4223-0648-3321||CDT/UTC-5 (Active Hours: 11am-9pm with a few exceptions)|
|Yoshiwaker||Mayan||SW-7606-6233-3515||EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: can make pretty much any time work)|
|Ninja Squid||NinjaSquid||SW-0877-7455-5004||ADT/UTC-3 (Active Hours: 2PM-11PM)|
|Kirbyo||Epic Luigi||SW-0015-8752-0723||EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: Any day after 6:00 PM)|
|SMOPlayer||SplatYoshi||SW-1544-2023-3634||EST/UTC-5 (Active Hours: Any day after 6:00 PM)|
|Luigi 64DD||Luigi 64DD||SW-4184-5900-3232||CDT/UTC-5 (Active Hours: (9 AM - 11 PM, with exceptions)|
|Ninelevendo||Nin11do||SW-5056-6247-9414||AEST/UTC+10 (Active Hours: (1 PM-11 PM most days)|
|Turboo||turb||SW-1512-5312-3150||MST/UTC-7 (Active Hours: Late Evening Mon-Thurs, Free Friday Saturday and Sunday)|
|Hooded Pitohui||Ovie Val||SW-6880-0428-3118||EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: Monday - Friday 11:00 AM to 6 PM)|
|Superchao||Superchao||SW-1115-1546-9324||EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: Basically whenever, just schedule it first)|
- Team people
|Team name||Forum usernames||Switch usernames||Switch friend codes||Time zones and times available|
|Rogueport Rogues||Ninja Squid|
|ADT/UTC-3 (Active Hours: 2PM-11PM)|
CDT/UTC-5 (Active Hours: 11 AM to 9 PM with a few exceptions)
|EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: Any day after 6:00 PM)|
EST/UTC-5 (Active Hours: Any day after 6:00 PM)
|The Close Rangers||The Pyro Guy|
|BST/UTC+1 (Active Hours: "Waking Hours")|
CDT/UTC-5 (Active Hours: (9 AM - 11 PM, with exceptions)
POV you're versing Two Users with the Worst Internet Speed using Wi-Fi who pay for a Nintendo Switch Online subscription that does nothing to decrease their Lag but gives them a catalogue of games they already own
|AEST/UTC+10 (Active Hours: generally weekends after 1pm.)|
|The Worst Most Despicable and Disastrous Duo||Turboo|
|MST/UTC-7 (Active Hours: Late Evening Mon-Thurs, Free Friday Saturday and Sunday)|
EDT/UTC-4 (Active Hours: Basically whenever, just schedule it first)