The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
We have, for the first time since 2016, multiple candidates running in the ongoing Poll Chairperson Election. By request of the candidates, we're going to provide a thread where you can discuss the plans and goals of the candidates and tickets running in the election.

Please use this thread as a Q&A and debate thread, where you may ask questions of any or all of the candidates or tickets running in this election. Candidates may also ask their fellow candidates questions, as well.

Please click here to see the election rules and details on what the Poll Committee and PC Chairperson are responsible for.

Please click here to cast a vote and join in the election.

Current Candidates

• The Shadow Prince (TasteTheFiresofHelp) (@Mr. Krupp)

Please be sure to make sure all posts in this thread are relevant to the Poll Committee and the Poll Chairperson Election. Thank you! Users are reminded that they may change their vote at any time, as well.

Last edited:

ENA

GOD RACE
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/they
MarioWiki
Roserade
I have a question for all interested parties

This past term, the Poll Committee has seen a structure of leadership and member involvement unlike anything the committee has seen before. What are your thoughts on this new structure, based upon what you've seen of it, and what are your impressions on continuing it into the next term?

Bluminescence

The Frenchiest French who has ever Frenched
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I haven't been on the Poll Committee since the Seventh but I am genuinely interested on how the proceedings have changed since my hiatus on the committee. I'm sure there are parts that will feel very familiar with me too, which I'm looking forward to; as they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I'd love to lead for a far more robust Poll Committee and to continue increased member involvement and interaction. Last time I've been on, it's not super active, with members only occasionally posting their ideas as per required.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
I vote for President Joe Biden of the United States of America.
Please be respectful of the candidates and the users following this election and don't clutter up the thread with a comment that has nothing to do with the election.

Just to be transparent for anyone who might not know, Edofenrir's question about pizza toppings and drinks actually has some past precedent. Plus, I'm not here to go "no fun allowed," just to make sure things run smoothly.

Just make sure you're using this to ask the candidates questions or to discuss the Poll Committee, instead of entirely unrelated topics. Thank you!

Bob Craples

Why can I report myself?
Pronouns
He/Him
Please be respectful of the candidates and the users following this election and don't clutter up the thread with a comment that has nothing to do with the election.

Just to be transparent for anyone who might not know, Edofenrir's question about pizza toppings and drinks actually has some past precedent. Plus, I'm not here to go "no fun allowed," just to make sure things run smoothly.

Just make sure you're using this to ask the candidates questions or to discuss the Poll Committee, instead of entirely unrelated topics. Thank you!
Sorry.

Bluminescence

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
What are your three most and least favorite pizza toppings (in order), and what kind of drink (without restrictions) are you ordering on the side?
Okay, I can easily answer this with my favorite pizza topping.

Favorite Toppings

1. Pineapples on pizza.

I really don't get the hate behind this one. I really don't. The sweetness of the pineapples goes very well with the salty, meaty flavor of the pizza. The topping was first even coined by someone who had experience with Chinese dishes; most recipes I know how to cook are Chinese regardless so pineapples isn't like, something incredibly outlandish in my eyes. I like my foods to have a complex flavor profile and I also like my foods to be weird; I'm a weird person myself so I think a weird food combo that is surprisingly delicious complements with my generally quirky personality very well. Most people here haven't tried the absolute delicacy that is BBQ'd chitterling (chitterling is intestines, the actual flavor of it is a very savory meaty flavor), cooked pork blood stirred in a hot pot, or even eating a cannonball-sized sea urchin.

Anyway I guess I rambled off about general weird foods but I think introducing pineapples on pizza is a very bold move and it has attained popularity. Pineapples on pizza is a great example of thinking outside the box and how experimentation with food nets some great results and unexpected success but that it also has inspiration from Chinese cooking, my forte, also makes it pretty special to me.

2. Extra cheese

Who doesn't love cheese? Well, cheese comes in a lot of varieties and yeah there are some types I don't like, particularly the strong nutty ones like comte. If there's no pineapples and ham option available, however, this is the next best thing. I love having a lot of types of cheese, and if the crust is stuffed, even better.

3. Spinach / Tomatoes

Okay so admittedly, I'm not a huge pizza eater. I usually just stick with my favorites whenever I order it. However, I like to have some plant-like bits on a pizza and these two are what I'm looking for. Small sliced tomatoes are generally good no matter how you're eating them and I'm a gigantic fan of spinach (though the best way to cook spinach is to stir fry it, and I accept no other answers, if you don't stir fry your spinach, you're cooking it wrong).

Least Favorite Toppings

1. Pepperoni

You know how I like the weird and unusual things? Pepperoni is one of the least inspiring options out there and the safest option available especially in America. However, unlike extra cheese, which is also a safe option, pepperoni is a major pain in the ass to eat. Whenever you try to bite into a pizza, those discs are very hard to chew through and they love disconnecting themselves from the pizza while you're forced to eat the entire disc at once, being very intrusive while you're trying to enjoy everything else, and they tend to be pretty messy because they easily spread cheese around. That being said, even if they are among my least favorite pizza topping, I'll still eat them regardless.

2. BBQ Sauce

I've eaten a Haiwaiian pizza with BBQ sauce in it before. Let's just say I didn't really enjoy it too much. It made the pizza far too sweet and it drowned out the saltiness I've come to love an expect. The pineapples are already there to provide the sweetness but the sauce just tilts it far too heavily on the sweet side.

3. Sausage

It's okay I guess, but I'm just not a huge fan of how it tastes. Unlike ham, its flavor profile doesn't really mesh well with the pizza. I can't say I'm a huge fan of sausages to begin with; I'm more of a hotdog guy.

What Drink Would You Like With That?
As for a drink? A good IPA. Nothing goes better with pizza than a cold glass of beer, and the IPA is exactly what I'm looking for: a cool, refreshing drink with its strong bitter profile that excellently matches with the salty and savory goodness of a good pizza. I only drink when I'm with friends because a cold one can easily knock me out and I've been told to be fun to hang out with when I'm knocked out. As for me? I usually have an absolute blast with friends when I'm tipsy to drunk because all of my social inhibitions vanish and I just say the stupidest things that come to my mind. And I know I'm acting stupid but I just don't care. Only thing bad is the possibility of getting a hangover but thankfully that doesn't happen every time I drink.

PaperMario77

brazillian eggman
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Popopo
I, myself, actually hate pepperoni.
Guess i'm not the only one.

Bluminescence

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
SMB talks about strengthening collaboration with other community projects like The 'Shroom. To the other candidates; do you agree that this would be good for the committee? If so, would you want to implement some of his suggested plans during the term if you won?
In my opinion, I think the current Pipe Plaza section about what we discuss pertaining and analyzing the poll is adequate enough for our main goals. I don't want the poll committee members to be expected to do further activities than coming up with poll ideas on a weekly basis and discussing with others in that allotted time slot. I'd like to keep the focus primarily on running which types of polls we should cover on the main page. I am open to further interpretation and exploration of continued collaboration with the 'Shroom, however, to see if we have the energy and motivation to undertake this, but at the moment, I want to see how the group I've selected plays out before I push for more than coming up with polls and writing for The 'Shroom.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Super Mario Bros.

This past term, the Poll Committee has seen a structure of leadership and member involvement unlike anything the committee has seen before. What are your thoughts on this new structure, based upon what you've seen of it, and what are your impressions on continuing it into the next term?
If you are talking about the rotating leadership concept that Hooded Pitohui and his committee implemented this past year: I love it! I understand that getting polls together, especially in the latter half of the term, can be challenging. The rotation not only gives all committee members a chance to gain valuable experience in overseeing the process, but it gives them each a "piece of the pie" - in other words, it promotes everybody having ownership in the process.

...speaking of pie

What are your three most and least favorite pizza toppings (in order), and what kind of drink (without restrictions) are you ordering on the side?
This question is not fair because I like too many toppings. 😔

I think a recent decision in my life, however, may have helped me make my mind up on this. After having internally struggled with it for over a decade, I finally decided to switch to a vegetarian diet. I initially expected that I would have a difficult time adjusting, but admittedly, I feel better than ever. Therefore, here's my list:

Favorites
  1. Pineapple

Ray Trace and I completely agree on this one! I absolutely love the combination in every sense: flavor, texture, and yes, uniqueness. There's nothing I love more than teasing buddies who look in horror as I scarf down a whole slice littered with the juicy, golden little fruits. I also like to add Parmesan cheese, red pepper, and garlic powder ( :wario: ) to make things more interesting. Thankfully, all of my band mates enjoy this topping, so it's my go-to when ordering a pie for them after we finish playing gigs.

2. Mushrooms

It's probably strange that I imagine myself becoming stronger after I eat this topping, but I swear it's due to years of conditioning because of playing the Super Mario Bros. games with my dad. That being said, almost every dinner my dad cooked when I grew up contained some sort of mushroom, onion, garlic, and bell pepper combination, and I really enjoy all of those grouped together, especially on pizza. I also really enjoy mushrooms paired with black olives; I can't really put my finger on it, but I think they pop with each other.

3. White Pizza

This is a magnificent mix of ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses. I can't begin to describe the sheer joy I feel when I bite into a slice of this... or, like, 3 slices. My local pizzeria only sells whole pies, so I can only ever order it when I have a few buddies around to help me out. 😅 Because of the mixing of so many cheeses, I treat this one very delicately - no extra toppings save for seasonings like garlic powder.

Least favorites
  1. Pepperoni
  2. Anchovies
  3. Meatball

I will provide the same justification for all three: I actually love the flavors of all these toppings. Pepperoni is a classic; anchovies fall into a similar category as pineapple what with it being controversial but adding an explosion of flavor to the pie; and meatball adds a bit of a spicy kick to the meal. These three are my least favorite simply because I've decided to go vegetarian and the smell of all three entices me to this day. :blooper:

Drink
As for a drink? Well, that depends on the occasion. I usually go for my favorite soft drink, Mtn Dew. If I've had an intense day or I'm going out after playing with my band, I'll venture toward a glass of ice cold beer to take off the edge. I usually order a pitcher of Budweiser to share with my Buds (ha!), but I've also tried some Victory Golden Monkey, which is quite tasty but strong.

Drink responsibly, friends. ;) 🍻

Reigen Arataka

Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century (not conman)
Poll Committee
MarioWiki
Luigi 64DD

I suppose I'm the most qualified to answer this since I'm the only candidate in this race who was on the committee when this structure took place! To answer the question, I think the poll period structure was a great way to give every member of the committee a chance to develop their leadership skills by essentially taking charge of the committee for two weeks, or a "poll period". I personally found it to be not only a fulfilling experience but also a way for me to get a better understanding of what it takes to lead the committee. Given how seeing fresh new faces taking on the mantle of community leadership is not only a goal that many long-time members of the community would like to see but also a core part of our campaign, I think the poll period system serves as a great way of acclimating new members to leadership roles in a low-pressure and straightforward environment. It also helps to keep up not only the poll period leader's activity but also the participation of the committee as a whole as the leader sends out reminders and shows an example by participating in poll threads themselves. Even if a member realizes the leadership role doesn't fit for them, it's only for a short amount of time and the chairperson and vice-chairperson are always there to guide them and lend a hand.

Personally, I am in support of bringing back the poll period system for the Twelfth Committee if that is something that BLOF also decides to go forward with.

Most favorite:

1. Pepperoni. It may be cliché, but I feel that the classic pepperoni is just a must on almost any pizza. It's got a nice variety of flavors that combine into one cohesive package. Having multiple different strengths combining to form the most solid outcome possible is a goal to be desired, amiright? Peppironis also provide coverage for almost the whole pizza with their large round shape, almost as if they are considering all the options and taking every opinion into account to craft a pizza that can appeal to everyone.

2. Sausage. This topping provides a strong, powerful flavor that gets things done. It has a very determined meaty spice that is made with only the utmost quality and focus. The varied size allows for some leniency in making sure people get what they can handle, but overall the flavor makes sure that what needs to be done is done with some spice to top it off!

3. Tomato. This is a bit of an unusual choice, but hey, you can't have a good pizza without some creativity! Still, you have to be careful that unusual ideas still fit with the goal core of the pizza, and tomatoes do this rather well by providing an unusual flare while still going well with the rest of the pizza. It's a new perspective on the taste while still preserving what makes pizza great in the first place!

Least favorite:

1. Pineapple. To be fair, I don't have a particularly strong aversion to hardly any topping, but I do feel pineapple doesn't gel well with the rest of the pizza. Pineapple kinda goes off and does it's own thing, but when you're a pizza topping, you have to collaborate with the other flavors in order to get the job done.

2. Onions. Onions do have a unique flavor, but they can be pretty inconsistent in taste and placement and hard to see on a pizza. When I bite in, I never know whether the onion is in that bite or if it's gonna be a no-show. I prefer a topping that can be relied upon to consistently participate in the flavor of a pizza. Even if you can't put that many toppings on your pizza, putting on toppings with strong and well-thought out flavors can be just as good.

3. Green Pepper. I feel like green pepper lack an interesting flavor, but you gotta have some flavor in order to have a good pizza. You can't just keep rehashing the same old flavors over and over again, you gotta bring some freshness to the pizza by trying out new things! It does take some creativity to do so, but the end result is worth it.

For the drink, I'll go with my favorite soda: Vanilla Coke. Coke is pretty good on it's own, but it does get bland after a while. The vanilla flavor of Coke adds a new, delicious twist to the formula while still retaining all the classic advantages. I think that's a pretty valuable lesson to apply even outside of soft drinks, eh?

SMB talks about strengthening collaboration with other community projects like The 'Shroom. To the other candidates; do you agree that this would be good for the committee? If so, would you want to implement some of his suggested plans during the term if you won?
I do agree that collaboration with other community projects will enhance both the committee and the other projects. I think there is something to be said for retaining focus on the main goal of the committee that is, well, polls. We don't want to confuse or overwhelm members with a bunch of projects that stray somewhat from the intended purpose of the committee. However, I don't think SMB's ideas stray too far away from the committee's purpose and I have to say that I find them intriguing. I'm definitely open to considering some of them should we be elected. If anything, increasing the PC and the 'Shroom's collaboration with a new fun, lighthearted section like the ones SMB suggested would help bring more engagement and interest to the committee from others. Right now, the only section we have is Poll Committee Discussion, and while that serves as an excellent summary and analysis of the committee's work, an extra fun section perhaps in Fun Stuff will help to show readers that we're not all about serious business and that we like to have some fun in the committee as well. It doesn't have to have a huge workload, just a little kind of game-like section like SMB brought up. So yes, I do think I'd take a look at his suggestions and maybe try to implement something here or there that follows the line of reasoning brought up there without distracting from the main goal of the committee.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Please note that Waluigi Time is now running as SMB's Vice-Chairperson candidate.

I would like to pose this question to all candidates:

Shilling - we all know it's a powerful tool, albeit one that has to be handled carefully. You have to work at getting people involved in projects and invested in them. You are going to have to do some outreach to encourage people to apply for the committee.

I would like to hear, from all candidates in the simplest terms possible:

How do you plan to attract users to the committee when you open applications? What approach will you take? Do you have anyone specific in mind who you want to see join (you don't have to name names right now)? How important is it to you that users who have never worked on a community project before (or, say, have only made small contributions, like a one-off section in the paper) have a chance to join, and how will you encourage users who haven't been involved before to get involved with the PC?

Bluminescence

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
How do you plan to attract users to the committee when you open applications? What approach will you take? Do you have anyone specific in mind who you want to see join (you don't have to name names right now)? How important is it to you that users who have never worked on a community project before (or, say, have only made small contributions, like a one-off section in the paper) have a chance to join, and how will you encourage users who haven't been involved before to get involved with the PC?
Simple: I will draw fanart of them if they get accepted and make a general overview page of who each and every member is in MarioWiki: Polls. Give them a bio and flavor text. I will also draw the banner myself on the main page.

Dr. R. Bushroot

Speaks for the weeds
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
In my opinion, I think the current Pipe Plaza section about what we discuss pertaining and analyzing the poll is adequate enough for our main goals. I don't want the poll committee members to be expected to do further activities than coming up with poll ideas on a weekly basis and discussing with others in that allotted time slot. I'd like to keep the focus primarily on running which types of polls we should cover on the main page. I am open to further interpretation and exploration of continued collaboration with the 'Shroom, however, to see if we have the energy and motivation to undertake this, but at the moment, I want to see how the group I've selected plays out before I push for more than coming up with polls and writing for The 'Shroom.
This isn't really a question, but I just cannot understate how much this answer pleases me.

Historically, a lot of MarioWiki projects have overextended. Sometimes it ended up serving them and lead to results that were outwardly very stellar. But I've also seen the interior sides of these endeavors (the parts very few people see) and have experienced the hectic rushing to meet stretch goals and the bleeding of motivation and spread of general apathy as projects lost their focus chasing after distant and lofty concepts instead of looking at the thing people primarily expected. It's not fun when nobody wants to work because everywhere's a perpetual construction site.

It is so, so refreshing to hear someone say "I think our current level of outreach is sufficient for the time being and I would rather focus on the actual foundation this position primarily exists for". It shows the mindset of someone who is thinking about the people working under them and how to keep them motivated by making sure they will get to work on what they signed up for.

Let's go and capitalize the "Polls" in "Poll committee".

Shmaluigi

Off-Duty Private Investigator
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him

I think the rotating leadership is a brilliant idea, it encourages everyone to participate equally while reducing burnout and gives all of the committee members time to shine. I am very happy to continue this system and I hope future campaigns will as well.

Okay so I am actually a very boring person when it comes to food choices who only ever eats tomatoes on pizza, no I'm not kidding. I can't even come up with a list because I've never even tried that many toppings, I'm a food coward I'm sorry... (There's a reason Pitohui is the one who eats my cereals and not me besides the fact that they are all abominations)

Anyway I'd probably get lemonade to go with it, bonus points if it's pink lemonade which doesn't really change anything important but reminds me of a pizza place I used to go to as a kid.

Shilling - we all know it's a powerful tool, albeit one that has to be handled carefully. You have to work at getting people involved in projects and invested in them. You are going to have to do some outreach to encourage people to apply for the committee.

I would employ my usual strategy of annoying people advertising it on the forums including through profile posts, but that can only get you so far so I think contacting certain users personally to see if they are interested would be a good idea, after giving some time for users to apply on their own. I'd like to at least see the other candidates on the Poll Committee, particularly The Shadow Prince since he's never had the opportunity to be on it before and the interest is clearly there. I would love to see more users who aren't very engaged be able to join, it's always great to see people get more involved in the community. I would use the same strategies as I would for any other user.

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Super Mario Bros.
Please note that Waluigi Time is now running as SMB's Vice-Chairperson candidate.
Waa!! :waluigi:

I largely defer to Waluigi Time's response to this question as we both are coming from the same place here. Our campaign emphasizes three concepts: accessibility, engagement, and fun. I think that both direct (i.e., shilling) and indirect outreach (such as making contributing to the committee easier and providing different ways to interact with it) will help to catch people's attention.

This isn't really a question, but I just cannot understate how much this answer pleases me.

Historically, a lot of MarioWiki projects have overextended. Sometimes it ended up serving them and lead to results that were outwardly very stellar. But I've also seen the interior sides of these endeavors (the parts very few people see) and have experienced the hectic rushing to meet stretch goals and the bleeding of motivation and spread of general apathy as projects lost their focus chasing after distant and lofty concepts instead of looking at the thing people primarily expected. It's not fun when nobody wants to work because everywhere's a perpetual construction site.

It is so, so refreshing to hear someone say "I think our current level of outreach is sufficient for the time being and I would rather focus on the actual foundation this position primarily exists for". It shows the mindset of someone who is thinking about the people working under them and how to keep them motivated by making sure they will get to work on what they signed up for.

Let's go and capitalize the "Polls" in "Poll committee".
I'd like to make a comment on this, if it's okay:

I understand the concern here, which has been brought to my attention by other staff members within the past year or so. Naturally, having been away from leadership in this community for a while, I've had some space to think about both the strengths and challenges of my approach; if I had to do things all over again, there are certainly things I'd have done the same way and others differently.

I own up to the fact that the workloads of teams I oversaw in the past, particularly The 'Shroom, were extremely expansive; I should've been more mindful of those that served under my supervision and more responsive to their needs. I should've checked in on everybody more often to ask about their well-being and not just their progress on project goals. Whether the warning signs were subtle or explicit, I should've done more to empathize with my staff. I am proud of the work that we accomplished, but I will absolutely acknowledge this blind-spot.

I will do better. I'll look out for my committee and place their needs first. I'm excited about many of our proposed outreach ideas, but I won't shove them through if it is clear that the committee is facing challenges with motivation and energy or is simply not in a place to carry them out. I also don't expect to attempt all of them - probably only one, really - and I would pose these ideas to the committee members in a meeting to see which one they find feasible and fun for them to collaborate on. If handled more responsibly, these collaborative projects can still be great ways for members to forge closer bonds with each other and achieve those "outwardly very stellar" results.

Reigen Arataka

Poll Committee
MarioWiki
Luigi 64DD

I think the key to getting people interested is mostly just, well, advertising it a lot and in many places. Make a profile post when applications are open encouraging anyone-- even those with no prior community experience -- to apply. Do this again once or twice throughout the process to remind people. In addition to this, make announcements in other community venues. Hey, maybe we could even put a little notice below the current poll on the Main Page! Just plaster the notice in every applicable place.

However, that's not all. I do have a good number of people in mind who I think would be great on the committee and I'm prepared to contact them personally to see if they would be interested in applying. Admittedly, most of them are ones who have experience having a community role, but I'm also going to keep my eye out for newer users who show potential. I think it is important that new users get involved so we can always keep up a fresh wave of help incoming every year. I think the most important part in getting new faces to join is making sure to emphasize that really anyone who can come up with an interesting question about Mario can do well on the committee. The Poll Committee is an excellent gateway to ease into getting more involved in the community as I myself have experienced, and the first step to encouraging new users is just telling them personally that the job is actually not as demanding as it might seem from the semi-official way we treat it. By the way, I am also certainly going to be offering positions on the committee to my fellow candidates as they all have demonstrated their willingness and ability to help out the committee in whatever way possible.

This is one thing I wanted to emphasize in my previous answer, that the new extra stuff we might add to the committee's work should be minor and not detract from the committee's main focus. Realistically, I could see another fun-based 'Shroom section for the committee that frankly could by bi-monthly rather than every issue and maybe a couple graphical advertisements like SMB mentioned, but anything more than that and the Poll Committee starts to no longer feel like a gateway community job. I strongly believe that the workload of the Poll Committee should be kept low enough that it can be accurately called a low-stress but still helpful way of contributing to the community, as that was one of the main reasons I joined the committee in the first place. If we want the committee to be a starting point for new users, we have to keep its goals simple and straightforward. I think the fact that our channel on the SMW Discord server was simply called "#polls" until recently is a good reminder of what we need to primarily keep our focus on: we make polls.

Kirbyo

writing for the `Shroom, saving Popstar from doom
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Kirbyo
Ok, question to all running canadates: what are your plans on cooperation with the `Shroom? Will you be making custom sections using your polls as a baseline, or are you going to use them as advertising, and if so, in what ways and when should we expect these changes to take effect?

Bluminescence

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Ok, question to all running canadates: what are your plans on cooperation with the `Shroom? Will you be making custom sections using your polls as a baseline, or are you going to use them as advertising, and if so, in what ways and when should we expect these changes to take effect?
Currently the furthest extent I'm planning on doing is having committee members write a poll analysis for Pipe Plaza, like it had been instated while I was still a committee member, and maintaining that.

Reigen Arataka

Poll Committee
MarioWiki
Luigi 64DD
In terms of sections, like BLOF said, we are absolutely going to continue Poll Committee Discussion as our primary collaboration with the paper and it will flow very fluidly from the previous term to our term. We will also likely be doing Awards Analysis after Awards are over as the Committee has been doing the past several years. As for any other sections I've mentioned like the fun section idea, it will need to be discussed within the committee and especially with BLOF before anything goes into effect. Thus, it will take at least several months into the term in order to avoid conflict with Awards Analysis (if it happens at all).

As for other more minor collaborations, I'm certainly willing to work with 'Shroom staff to help spread pertinent Poll Committee news in the paper by asking them to include announcements in their staff notes or by whatever other means (e.g. asking Pitohui to include a mention in Staff Notes when PC applications open). Beyond that, if any situation comes up where even further collaboration becomes advantageous, we would be more than happy to work with the staff in that event.

Bluminescence

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
To everyone: If something goes horribly wrong, what do you believe is the best strategy to fix it?
Blame Luigi 64DD. Good thing I made this Luigi 64DD puppet.

1624937650485.png

It's all your fault!

"STOP YELLING AT ME!"

Untitled.gif

OW OW OW OW!

But in all seriousness, if something goes seriously wrong, it's either an accident or you voted for the wrong guy. It really depends on what the problem you're thinking of pertains to. If say, all the members I've accepted suddenly all became inactive all at once, then I'll find new ones. If the server for where we host our polls goes kaboom, that's not something really in my control and it might be something Steve can easily solve by finding another host. And if I suddenly went poof the next day, well I think there are more things to be concerned about than how the poll committee is faring.

I really hope we don't have to address a serious problem because out of all times the Poll Committee has been alive, there hasn't been any sort of serious drama exploding out of it and I'm very likely it will remain this way, as long as you vote for the right guys, and I trust this community to make the right decision.

Polly

Ace Parrot
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
for SMB/WT and BLOF/L64DD: seeing as you're both running as a chairperson-vice chairperson ticket, can you give us some insight into how you see this dynamic playing out? do you think you have a good working relationship with your co-candidate? how do you see yourselves functioning in each of your specific roles when you're interacting with each other and the team at large? as an example, perhaps you could also elaborate on how your process dealing with these debate questions looks like i.e. are you consulting with each other on answers before posting, mostly going at them independently, etc etc

for The Shadow Prince: you're the only candidate as of yet who has no running partner, so instead of answering the above question, i'd like to know what are your reasons for running solo instead of coordinating with someone else from the get-go? Your campaign seems to imply that you will still pick a vice-chairperson if you are elected, so I'm curious to what your thought process is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.