Marioboards Retro Video Game Tourney (on hold for now)

Yoshi Star Galaxy

Now on the Wii
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
Emulation is legal! ROMs are not.

Additionally, searching something online and playing it online means you're still engaging in illegal content. Please stop promoting something that could get the forum into hot water!
This is gonna need some more reworking then.

All right, I've removed the Game boy games and almost all mention of roms.

Yoshi Star Galaxy

Now on the Wii
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
When I mean times, I mean how fast you can complete it.
That's not going to be what we're looking at
If you've read the revised rules, you'll see that we're going to be competing to get the most of something (coins, pokemon, etc.) in a limited time.
And you'll also see how elimination is going to work, I think.

Sonic In Spain

im the bad guy now lol
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Popopo
That's not going to be what we're looking at
If you've read the revised rules, you'll see that we're going to be competing to get the most of something (coins, pokemon, etc.) in a limited time.
And you'll also see how elimination is going to work, I think.
Ohhhhhh, okay.
I get it now.
EDIT: Also, I don't think getting a certain Pokemon like a Rattata is going to work because all Pokemon games randomize where Pokemon are.

Ninelevendo

Paint
Pronouns
He/him
I must say that I appreciate the work put to in to fix things, you seem to have taken feedback from others, and that’s great! However, there are still a few things that I see that potentially might not work well so here’s a few questions:

- How do you plan on making sure that each participant only uses their allotted 30 min - 2 hours times? Are you going to be sending the objective to them at a time that you agree on? Are you able to send objectives to someone when it’s convenient for them, even if that means staying up late?
- Likewise, how lenient are you going to be with when they send in their results? If they are sent in 1 minute after the finish time, are they going to be disqualified? How much time do we have to take a photo of our results and upload them?
- Let’s say that I only have a Switch with NSO. How will I play SMRPG? Does this mean that I can’t participate?

As a side point, I think that working with someone experienced by having them as a co-host might be good idea if it’s your first time doing an awards tournament. I believe that fantanoice has expressed interest in sharing some ideas with you, why not give it a go? I’m sure that the end result will be positive one, but you won’t know unless you try.

Yoshi Star Galaxy

Now on the Wii
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
I must say that I appreciate the work put to in to fix things, you seem to have taken feedback from others, and that’s great! However, there are still a few things that I see that potentially might not work well so here’s a few questions:

- How do you plan on making sure that each participant only uses their allotted 30 min - 2 hours times? Are you going to be sending the objective to them at a time that you agree on? Are you able to send objectives to someone when it’s convenient for them, even if that means staying up late?
- Likewise, how lenient are you going to be with when they send in their results? If they are sent in 1 minute after the finish time, are they going to be disqualified? How much time do we have to take a photo of our results and upload them?
- Let’s say that I only have a Switch with NSO. How will I play SMRPG? Does this mean that I can’t participate?

As a side point, I think that working with someone experienced by having them as a co-host might be good idea if it’s your first time doing an awards tournament. I believe that fantanoice has expressed interest in sharing some ideas with you, why not give it a go? I’m sure that the end result will be positive one, but you won’t know unless you try.
I planned on having them pm me when they start and again after so I know they only take that amount of time. I'll let people be a bit late but not absurdly so- it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to take a picture and send it to me.
Also I never actually checked what games are on NSO I just picked popular NES/SNES games 😐
Guess I'll have to take a look soon

Yeah it might be cool to have fantanoice co host, I might pm them and see.

Toasty Toad

All toasters toast toast
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
GreenWeegee
I know an emulator site is that illegal?
If its not illegal can I join I can play N64 GBA DS(no mic) NES SNES Wii