Fourth Annual Mario Kart Time Trials Tournament - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Final Round: Rainbow Roads)

Alex95

The True Power Master
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Little late, sorry about that!

Round 1: Mario Kart Stadium Results!

Had a few racers get grouped together, but Ninja Squid is the one that pulls ahead for the first round!
Roserade did not send in a time and is disqualified (though he dropped out close to before the round ended, so), which means Kirbyo can still move on.

Now it is time for Round 2! The next race will take place on Excitebike Arena! Please get your times in before or you will be disqualified!

Last edited:

Gabumon

Warlock of Hatsune Miku
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
How do you get a time under two minutes on MK Stadium? Also, he forgot my 2:05:338, but I don't think it would've made a difference anyways.
Some things you can do are take turns tightly in favor of boost pads, use the big curve before the jump to build up a purple drift boost, and then after the jump I used a mushroom to cut through the warp pipes on the left.

Kirbyo

writing for the `Shroom, saving Popstar from doom
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Kirbyo
Some things you can do are take turns tightly in favor of boost pads, use the big curve before the jump to build up a purple drift boost, and then after the jump I used a mushroom to cut through the warp pipes on the left.
Well, I've never been able to get one. Wait... IS THAT A SETTING?!?

Caspar von Bergliez

Right makes might, right?
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
Well, I've never been able to get one. Wait... IS THAT A SETTING?!?
It's not really a setting, but rather a gameplay moveset in Mario Kart. Are you doing stuff like this when you turn into a curve (look at the gif below)? Look at the blue sparks close to the tires in the gif below, they turn orange, and then purple after a while as long as you are drifting. You do this by holding the "R" or "ZR" button, then by releasing it once you get sparks, you get a boost (and the longer you were drifting, the better your boost will be). This will help you go faster.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Drift

Last edited:

Kirbyo

Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Kirbyo
It's not really a setting, but rather a gameplay moveset in Mario Kart. Are you doing stuff like this when you turn into a curve (look at the gif below)? Look close at the blue sparks close to the tires in the gif below, they turn orange, and then purple after a while as long as you are drifting. You do this by holding the "R" or "ZR" button, then by releasing it once you get sparks, you get a boost (and the longer you were drifting, the better your boost will be). This will help you go faster.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Drift

Well, that never happened to me!

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
and then purple after a while as long as you are drifting.
I don't mean to intrude, but to add onto this since Kirbyo asked about "settings" involved here, if I remember correctly, you do have to turn off smart steering to get to the third-tier (purple flames), in case you were using that.

But the lower tiers should be accessible with any settings.

Kirbyo

Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Kirbyo
I don't mean to intrude, but to add onto this since Kirbyo asked about "settings" involved here, if I remember correctly, you do have to turn off smart steering to get to the third-tier (purple flames), in case you were using that.

But the lower tiers should be accessible with any settings.
OOOOOOOOOOOH, ok now it makes sense.

Alex95

The True Power Master
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Smart steering and auto acceleration are probably not going to help you here in the tournament. They're not banned, but they don't seem helpful given their restrictions.

That said, if you manage to win a round using those, good job lol

Marge Simpson

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her
Pause a race -> press the button next to the icon with the antenna (I forget what it is)

Caspar von Bergliez

Right makes might, right?
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
Are you playing on Grand Prix mode or Time Trial mode?

Because, while I'm playing on Time Trial, the smart steering option is actually unavailable, or I am doing something wrong?

In any case, in Grand Prix, you can do like fanta just said, or press +/- on the vehicle parts selection screen as well, and press the "L" button.

Alex95

The True Power Master
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Because, while I'm playing on Time Trial, the smart steering option is actually unavailable, or I am doing something wrong?
Smart steering and auto acceleration are probably not going to help you here in the tournament. They're not banned, but they don't seem helpful given their restrictions.

That said, if you manage to win a round using those, good job lol
Races will be the standard 150cc.
Maybe I should play Time Trials more to understand how Time Trials work. At least I'm not hosting a tournament for it or anything.

Alex95

The True Power Master
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Heyo. All times have been submitted, which means someone's going to get the boot. Not in a position to post the full results right now, so they will be displayed at the proper time tomorrow. Use the time to improve if you need to!

Toasty Toad

All toasters toast toast
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
GreenWeegee
Mario kart Wii time Dry Dry ruins 2:11:315 is that good I know that is not close to the world record but I did not use glitches

Toasty Toad

All toasters toast toast
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
GreenWeegee
Well I was just wondering if it was a good time and I just got Mario kart wii 4 months ago and I already beat all the cups including mirror mode with at least 1 star rank.I have 8 triple star rankings