Kitchen

Just a regular kitchen
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
It is time for the fourth annual Mario Kart Time Trials tournament! For the new people, instead of playing against each other online, you send in your best time during Time Trials. This time, we will be playing

RULES

• This will be a single elimination game. The person with the slowest time will be dropped from the tournament. Use your Mushrooms wisely.
  • I will select a course for us to race on at random. You must then try to get the fastest time on this course.
  • Despite the above, the first course will be Mario Kart Stadium and the last course will be Nitro Rainbow Road.
  • You are able to race the course as many times as you feel needed until you have a time you are satisfied with. Once you have a time, send proof of it to me (stream, photo, etc.) via board PM, Discord DM, or email, down to the millisecond.
  • Races are 150cc.
  • You have a week to get in a time. If you don't send a time in by the end of the week, you will be disqualified. If this happens, the person with the slowest time sent in can still move on.
  • Times from before the tournament will not count! Only times raced during the tournament will be accepted.
  • The next race will start a week from when the last race started, regardless of when everyone sent in a time (so I don't overwhelm people in other tournaments).
  • How many races we do depends on the number of participants, including myself.
  • Last person remaining wins!

Limitations

• This tournament is for only Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Nintendo Switch. Mario Kart 8 for Wii U has different properties and will not be accepted for this tournament.
  • Any version of this game is acceptable. English, Japanese, emulations, etc. So long as the game runs and is a perfect or near-perfect copy.
  • Cheats, hacks, and mods that effect your times are not allowed. Glitches and race exploits are also not allowed, but intended race shortcuts are. Will further elaborate based on the race if I need to.
  • If there are any ties for last place, the person moving on will be decided by a coin flip, die roll, or something similar.

Post something in this thread signifying your interest in playing, and then keep an eye on here for updates! Times will be posted after a week and then the next race will start.

The tournament will start June 21, 2021.

Participants

Last edited:

Kitchen

Just a regular kitchen
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95

Kitchen

Just a regular kitchen
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Do I need an external speedrun timer?
The Mario Kart series has a timer integrated with your Time Trial run. All you need to do is submit an image to me (via message here on the forums, Discord, etc.) of the run you did for this tournament.

Kitchen

Just a regular kitchen
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Will our times be posted in the thread or via PM?
Times once the race is over will be posted in this thread as a scoreboard. View the Time Trials tournaments from previous years for examples of how this worked.

I was hoping for double dash this year but I'm obvs in
While I would love to do Double Dash, I have a feeling that will have a very low turn out due to how inaccessible the game is nowadays. I could try another poll later, after this game.