• Fortune / Boom Street

• Mario Kart Wii

• Results

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marge Simpson

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her
Hello, I've got some ideas for tournaments and would like to know what people would be interested in. I could probably host 1-2 of them. If someone wants to grab one of the other ideas go for it.

Whatever I host I'll probably have prize for the winner and a second-last wooden spoon prize.

Diddy Kong Racing Time Trials
  • Similar to the Mario Kart Time Trials tournaments we've had before
  • Instead of someone getting eliminated each round, will have it so everyone gets points based on how they placed.
  • Whoever ends up with the most points at the end wins.

Super Smash Bros Melee Slippi Tournament
  • Similar to the Smash Ultimate tournaments we've had before
  • Swiss style tournament so people get matched to similar skill levels
  • Stock tournament following standard Melee tournament rules
  • Hosted using Slippi Netplay

Fortune / Boom Street Tournament
  • Elimination tournament
  • Split into pools of 4 players
  • Winners/top placers of those pools move onto the next round
  • Until we get to a final 4
  • Where the person who places 1st is the winner
  • Hosted using Parsec or can gentlemen Netplay or Wiimmfi

Mario Kart Wii CTGP Tournament
  • Similar to the MK8 tournaments we've had
  • Elimination tournament
  • Split into pools of 4-12 players
  • Each pool plays 4 tracks (GP-length)
  • Winners/top placers of those pools move onto the next round
  • Until we get to a final round of4-12 players
  • Where the person who places 1st is the winner
  • Hosted using Wiimmfi

Vote for which tournaments you'd be interested in. You can pick multiples. Leave a comment explaining why and any further suggestions you might have.

Cheers!

Reigen Arataka

Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century (not conman)
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Luigi 64DD
Voted for Melee and Mario Kart Wii, even though I would likely be demolished in the former and I would need to download stuff for both of them. I imagine that shouldn't be too hard though. By the way, would we play on custom tracks for MKWii or would it only be OG tracks? Either way, I'm most interested in the MKWii tournament followed by the Melee one.

Pablo

International Super Spy
I'm very interested in Mario Kart Wii but I'm not good with bikes at all. When do they start?

Marge Simpson

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her

Trab Pu Kcip

I'll just hang out in this vent.
Pronouns
He/him
I have Fortune Street and Mario Kart Wii on my hands, but time constraints may impact the chances of me entering.

Marge Simpson

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her
Cool that's good to know Trab. I've only tried Fortune Street online through emulator. Not sure how Wiimmfi goes with it. Sounds like it's a popular choice in the competitive scene. But I think you can only use Miis and not the Mario characters in it.

Pablo

International Super Spy
Cool that's good to know Trab. I've only tried Fortune Street online through emulator. Not sure how Wiimmfi goes with it. Sounds like it's a popular choice in the competitive scene. But I think you can only use Miis and not the Mario characters in it.
You can't play as Mario characters? I thought you could.

Shygul

Peace be with you, whoever you are.
Pronouns
He/him
>mario kart wii is old enough to be labeled retro now

but uh yeah would definitely be super interested in participating in an mkwii tournament. my schedule is kinda tight tho (only times im really free all day is the weekends usually) but depending on the times that it's hosted id definitely be interested in participating in that one

Sou Hiyori

miss sara it seems i'm stuck on marioboards.com
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
Perhaps, instead, we can rework and improve my tournament and incorporate some of your ideas in?
Since I'm already trying to hold a retro game tourney, and I'd rather not have someone else start something similar and it overshadow mine.
For the record she put this idea thread up well before you ever approached us so that's a bit unfair to say, but if you want to work something out with her then I'm not opposed

Marge Simpson

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her
Out of the responses there's a lot of interest in MKW. So over the weekend I'll set it up on my console and test the validity of it.

Mario Kart Wii.

Hey wait a minute the only way to play online is to wait 7 days.
I think that's only the case with emulator (though I couldn't get working after the 7 days on Dolphin). I will verify when I test on console.

All Wii games mentioned in the poll need to be installed in a Homebrewed Wii to be played online.
Yes, Vanilla Wii online has been dead for about 10 years now. You have to use homebrew or emulator for it now. That's why there's the 'Hosted With' section.

Perhaps, instead, we can rework and improve my tournament and incorporate some of your ideas in?

Since I'm already trying to hold a retro game tourney, and I'd rather not have someone else start something similar and it overshadow mine.
Yeah, as Turb said, this thread has been up for a while. It's not here to undermine you or anything.

I signed up for your tournament because I'm interested in retro games and would love for it to run. But I think the feedback you've gotten is valid. I have some ideas about how you can improve it and still have the 'something new every week' vibe. So DM me if you're interested. And like I said in the OP, you're free to take any ideas I don't go with.

And fwiw, as TOs, we're not here to compete with each other. We're here for the love of games. There are tens-of-thousands of retro games out there. These can absolutely co-exist.