Mario Awards Scribble Deathmatch - Round 7: Lost To Time - Results!

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Pronouns
He/him
It does feel like the strongest showing this time around, given how the theme is probably not going to be an easy one. The last one (Match 96) in particular is the strongest. Next round will be the more interesting one as established winners are going to make it more of an even playing field.

Thank you for reading.

Queen

Do You Ever Yearn For The Soft Touch Of A Pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
Round 6 has now been completed!

In a shocking twist, our weekly 40 vote or 43 vote pattern has been broken, as this week, we received 44 votes! Interestingly, those extra 4 votes this week proved to make all the difference in quite a few of these matchups. There were no ties this round either, which is even more exciting!

Without further ado... all players below have received a point for this round.

Top Row: Lakituthequick, Power Flotzo, Perch, Turb, Fantanoice, LB, TPG, BBQ Turtle
Bottom Row: Alex95, Hearts, Moldomre, Fawfulthegreat64, Winstein, Reverse Input, Goombuigi, Zelen

The gallery above has been updated to reflect these match-up wins. The bracket has also been updated with your FINAL opponents, and can be viewed here.

As we approach our final round, keep in mind that there is only one more chance to earn a point in this competition, HOWEVER, I implore each and every one of you scribblers to give it your all and finish on a fantastic high for the end of this year's Scribble Deathmatch. The final week is almost here! Faito dayo! These locks won't hold me back anymore!

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

-oh...

that
that doesn't look good
:dk2:

Round 7 Begins

Gabumon

Warlock of Hatsune Miku
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Now that the excitement and tension has wound down a bit, I would like to thank and congratulate TPG for this phenomenal match. The last week has been a roller coaster of emotions, moreso than I ever anticipated going into this game, and in a strange and paradoxical way I am happy to have lost against such outstanding pieces of art. This tournament might be the greatest community event for me in recent years.

---

I would also like to thank everyone else here, for by voting in our match, you have participated in the ultra-secret final round of the most recent Shroomfest. Your opinions have all been heard and acknowledged, and I am honored to announce that Team Warm Colors has secured the final victory!

kanaya

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
1628035415528.png

THROUGH JUSTICE AND DEFENDERS, COUNTESSES AND DUCHESSES, THEY ALL FELL
WHEN THE HERO ROSE, HE FELL
WHEN THE SERPENT STRUCK FROM HIS SHADOW, HE FELL MUCH THE SAME

YOU, THE HARBINGER
FOR WHICH SIN DO YOU ACT ON, TO APPROACH ME ON THEIR BEHALF?
REVENGE? SPORT? PRIDE?
I CAN SENSE THE POWER FROM HERE. IT CALLS FOR A RESPONSE

BUT TO REACH LEVELS ONCE THOUGHT UNATTAINABLE, THIS BODY WILL NO LONGER DO

I MUST BECOME EVERLASTING IN FORME, A GOLDEN CONDUIT

BEGIN!

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Pronouns
He/him
The result for the TPG vs Edo surprised me. I thought the latter would have had it, but I suppose the former had a more preferred art. If the latter did win, I can already see that he would be my opponent instead since the scores for everyone would end up more equal (and I already faced TPG all the way in the first round).

Thank you for reading.

Marge Simpson

I can see through time
Pronouns
She/her
TPG vs Edo was a really hard match. TPG managed to win out for me with the Bloopers + SMG easter eggs

Ninelevendo

Paint
Pronouns
He/him
E8E81A9D-9694-4E27-8E28-F22E84D8FCEB.png

Two losses in a row... What sort of Hero am I? Another loss, and surely I will not be able to show my face in public again.

Winstein, the Justice of Windsor, I’m sorry that it has to be to be this way. But there’s no going back. I am no longer the Hero of Bright Turquoise.

I will use my full power in this final round. There will be no holding back. If I lose, at least I will be out with a bang.

Let’s cause some chaos.

E0CAC0FE-DB65-472A-BE24-D425415FF984.png

Queen

Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
This is it! Click below to reveal our final theme!

The 32 Scribblers had only just begun to prepare themselves for their final battles. The seventh lock was finally broken, and the final match was upon them, when a mysterious darkness began to creep over the sky. Just what on earth was happening?

With a crack of thunder, the presumed-missing GRAND BENEVOLENT AUTHORITY threw off a cloak from within the onlooking crowd and let out a victorious shout, "With those seven locks finally broken, my true divine form can at last be attained!"

"Your final forms are no match for my own! Behold!"

A bolt of lightning parted the clouds of darkness and collided with the GRAND BENEVOLENT AUTHORITY's body before it vanished into thin air. But, with an evil laugh, they let out a booming declaration from the sky above down onto the Land of Scribbles.

FUHAHAHAHA!

The earth began to tremble and split in two as the GRAND BENEVOLENT AUTHORITY began to ascend to godhood, and cast down their judgment on the 32 scribblers and the Land of Scribbles itself. But, the competitors were not deterred. To be beaten into submission by a false god after all they'd wagered? After all they'd fought for?

"Fools! Your petty challenges have left me unamused with your powers. You each think you have what it takes to rule this land? Through a mere tournament of glory for my domain? Folly! Such hubris can only be rewarded with divine punishment from the scribble gods themselves!"

Though reality seemed to be falling apart around them, their determination held strong. Steeling their resolve, the 32 Scribblers declared that this final round would determine who would be strong enough to take on the GRAND BENEVOLENT AUTHORITY's final form, and become the true ruler of the Land of Scribbles.

"You dare oppose me? Fine! I'll grant you a challenge worthy of your final battle!"

LOST TO TIME - THE GRAND FINALE
Difficulty: ???

- A mysterious force of darkness has descended over the Land of Scribbles, obscuring most of the details for this round. Hence, the difficulty is given as ???.
- No hints for the round's true theme will be given, however:
-- The theme is intrinsically linked to the nature of this tournament.
-- This round will feature prompts similar to ones encountered already. Some will feature Mario characters, others will be more conceptual/abstract, but all are linked through one common trait.
- Due to the limited pool of prompts for this theme, there are no examples provided. You will have to wait and see!
- This is the final round of the Scribble Deathmatch. Prepare yourselves!

As an aside, If you happen to work out what the theme for this round truly is, do not reveal it to others! All prompts and the true nature of this round will be revealed at the end of the week, but you're free to speculate so long as you don't reveal your prompt!

Round 7 has begun! Please use the game-related PM chains or catch me in discord to discuss times for scribbling!

Round 7 (Submissions) - -

Last edited:

Prince Peach

The Tycoon Tyrant
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Roserade
The authority finally awakens...

Let it be known, Grand Benevolence, that I am not powerful enough to challenge you to eternal conquer. There is a ruler in this land far more powerful than I, and I understand that his capabilities have become as scorching as hellfire. I will not be the one to duel you.

However... I am not weak. I will not kneel, not after the Serpent's venom, not after the Ranger's arrow. I have demonstrated my might against some mighty foes, and now I face my final dueler. Perhaps I can demonstrate to you then just how powerful I truly am.

Fawfulthegreat... The Countess herself. I've heard of your technique in combat, and have come to admire it. You must understand, though, that I cannot lose, not with the strongest beings watching our deathmatch.

Do you hear that, Countess? The echoing of will on the wind? That echo is the voices of my province, all speaking to me and wishing me victory. My oracles are praying. My companions are shouting. All of it is unlocking a power deep within me, one that will permit me a final, beautiful show.

How about it, then? A single, conclusive fight. How would you feel faced against the might of...

Untitled48_20210804154548.png

THE RADIANT ARCHDUKE

Count Waluigi

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
How about it, then? A single, conclusive fight. How would you feel faced against the might of...

THE RADIANT ARCHDUKE
Ah, the final battle arrives at last...

01.png

...So be it. I accept your challenge, Archduke. But know that I will not hold back either.

My skill with the mouse has carried me this far. And I have determination to carry out this one final hurrah! So to mark this legendary battle, I've called upon my secret weapon. I've held back all this time I must admit. But this is the final showdown. No more games. To me, my energy can!

Let's not waste any more time. You want a glorious fight and I'd be remiss not to oblige.

02.gif

AHHHHHH. THE POWER. THE ENERGY. IT'S TAKING CONTROL. I CAN'T...FEEL MY........LEG.....S........
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-----
03.gif

COME NOW, ARCHDUKE. THE BATTLE IS UPON US. I WILL NOT HOLD BACK. WITNESS THE FULL POWER OF THE COUNTESS OF FURY.

Queen

Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
Round 7 Submissions have now ended!

Despite the runaway success this year, the Scribble Deathmatch simply wouldn't have been at all possible if it weren't for the yearly Art Contests that preceded it. For many years, Anton took the artistic helm of the Awards Season and ran an Art Contest for both fun and prizes, engaging the community's artists to contribute to a wonderful gallery of images. Each year, it was refined further and further to be more inclusive of artists of various skill levels, which is pretty much the core of the Scribble Deathmatch.

At it's heart, the Scribble Deathmatch is just another art contest, with artists of all skill levels invited to doodle whatever makes them smile, though with a prompt a week to fulfil and a series of 1v1 matches to compete in with seven weekly themes. It was actually in the last Art Contest in which 18 themes were put forward by various members of the community, before 3 were chosen for our artists to interpret as they wished. Though, unfortunately the contest was unrealised, and those 18 themes were lost to time. One of my first ideas when planning this tourney was to use those as a theme itself, so for our final round, I have properly unearthed 16 of the Art Contest 2019 themes and distributed them as prompts to our scribblers, as a proper hurrah for the Art Contest of years past.

As the curtain begins to fall on the Scribble Deathmatch, I want to thank every one of our scribblers for their efforts these past 7 weeks. Without your creativity, passion, and weekly anticipation, this tourney wouldn't have ever reached the highs it has. Thank you all so much for participating in this tournament, and dedicating 4 hours of your time each week to scribbling. To our spectators, thank you for encouraging our scribblers to do their best each week with your votes.

Though two players could unfortunately not submit for our last round, to make MCD's final match-up exciting, I am proud to introduce the SHOEPERINTENDENT OF BEEEEF as an unexpected final round challenger!

Each matchup has been formatted in a table with the bracket match number, participants, and prompt. If an image has a title, it exists as the alt text which you can see by hovering over the image or in the poll itself. The voting form can be found at the end of this post!

It's been an absolute honour to host this for all of you! The final gallery is upon us at last!

Round 2

MATCH 97
LB vs FANTA
VENETIAN GLASS
Murder Most Foul
WINNER: LB

MATCH 98
LUIGI 64DD vs SMASHER
INSIDE THE MIND OF TOAD
 Our Sanity Is In Another Castle
WINNER: LUIGI 64DD

MATCH 99
LAKITUTHEQUICK vs PERCH
BEST DISPLAY OF NICO NICO NII
WINNER: LAKITUTHEQUICK

MATCH 100
GOOMBUIGI vs TOADBERT
A MOMENT OF CONTEMPLATION
The Final Fight
where am i
WINNER: TOADBERT

MATCH 101
FAWFULTHEGREAT64 vs ROSERADE
TWO CHARACTERS PROVOCATIVELY EATING SPAGHETTI AS NOISILY AS POSSIBLE RIGHT IN FRONT OF EACH OTHER
Lady and the Poltertramp
WINNER: FAWFULTHEGREAT64

MATCH 102
HOODED PITOHUI vs KOOPS
THE INHERENT EXPLOITATIVITY OF CAPITALISM
Artist's Impression of the Face of Capitalism
WINNER: HOODED PITOHUI

MATCH 103
MICHAELANSHOEGO vs MCD
WOMEN'S WRESTLING
 WWE 2K23 looking good
 The WW in WWE stands for 'Womens Wrestling
WINNER: MCD

MATCH 104
MOLDOMRE vs YOSHI THE SSM
DAISY MAKES A NEW FRIEND
Daisy Befriends 4ever
WINNER: MOLDOMRE

MATCH 105
WALUIGI TIME vs REVERSE INPUT
LUIGI HAS A STRANGE ENCOUNTER AT THE GROCERY STORE
[POV] Suspiciously Dressed Man In The Cereal Aisle Gives Out Free Samples
WINNER: WALUIGI TIME

MATCH 106
ZANGE vs POWER FLOTZO
IF WALUIGI WAS IN SMASH BROS.
He can FINALLY punch those mascots in the face!
WINNER: POWER FLOTZO

MATCH 107
MFAN vs SGoW
AFTER THE MARIO PARTY
WINNER: MFAN

MATCH 108
TURB vs BBQ TURTLE
HAND-CRAFTED (I.E. PAPER MARIO, WOOLLY WORLD, CRAFTED WORLD)
Handcrafted Meal
WINNER: BBQ TURTLE

MATCH 109
EDO vs ALEX95
A NORMAL DAY AT DR. MARIO'S CLINIC
"I don't know! Maybe there's a new youth craze???"
WINNER: EDO

MATCH 110
ANTON vs ZELEN
BEACH EPISODE
you know what they say: 'You'd better be careful when speaking to powerful Piantas.' also i did the classic kid thing of having a sun in the corner of the image and birds that are just V's
WINNER: ZELEN

MATCH 111
WINSTEIN vs NINELEVENDO
(CHARACTER) AND (CHARACTER), ROLE REVERSAL
Yes, I've made THAT reference
Poochy and Mimi, Role Reversal
WINNER: WINSTEIN

MATCH 112
TPG vs HEARTS
(CHARACTER) DISCOVERS THE INTERNET
Parental Controls
WINNER: TPG

The voting form for Round 7 can be found right here! All participants are expected to vote; spectators are invited to vote if they wish!

Round 7 Voting ends

Last edited: