Toad Brigade Mafia (2021) - Lounge Thread

Kirbyo

pink galoomba with arms and headphones
Pronouns
He/him
So, we may need to use three filler

Once it gets close Goombuigi should contact them to see if they're ok with stepping in.
But if they don't want to join, should we just go ahead with 11 players?
suprised.png
: Well this is concerning. Is 11 players even enough to start a good mafia game that takes more than a week?

Goombuigi

The Luigi-fied Goomba
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Goombuigi
Once it gets close Goombuigi should contact them to see if they're ok with stepping in.
But if they don't want to join, should we just go ahead with 11 players?
I'm not keen on starting with 11 players, because that would mean either having only 1 vanilla town, or cutting some of the special roles. If there are no more sign-ups by Friday, I would start the game with Alex95, fantanoice, and Power Flotzo filling in the remaining slots (unless either of them drop out).

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui

'Ey! 'Ey! What's dis? Youse think ya gonna muscle into ours turf? Youse scales and feathers think youse gonna take da Toads for youseselves? Well dat's not gonna happen. Da Boss has his own business with da Toads. They've been reals detri-mental to his plans, so dis is a poisoernal matter! Ya got a problem with that? Dat's why I'm here. Da Boss told me to "take care" of da problem, so here's I am. Now youse got a chance to meet a real mafioso! Let's see how ya handle dis Stick-up!

Blathers Time

Mathematical!
Pronouns
He/him
As Shroomlock bought a train ticket to the place where the case was to take place, a shadow passed over him...
A winged beast flew down with intense G-forces, ripping his head off. The body collapsed to the ground, dead. The mafia had saw an opportunity to eliminate someone ahead of time, and took it.
A passerby took notice of a scrap of paper, blown around by the wind. He grabbed it. A train ticket and a case file. He was intruiged...

1620164518064.png

Heh heh heh... Could make some real great capital from this...

I wanted to switch my rp character to someone more different from posh kermit
Since Shroomlock is also kind of a posh british detective

MFan168

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him

Damn, my thumb must have been covering too much of the pamphlet again! I thought this was for a Toad Buffet, not Toad Brigade! Do you have any idea how few times of year those exquisite natterjack toads are in season?! And now, I'm missing out on them!

Very well, then. If this will take exactly enough time until my helicopter can arrive to rescue me, I'll assist you in your pitiful plight. On the sole condition that I have this delectable-sounding Wingo deep-fried on a plate, once he's done for.

With bleu cheese. Good lord, how I need that bleu cheese.

Last edited:

Goombuigi

The Luigi-fied Goomba
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Goombuigi
Sign-ups are open for one more day, and will close . If there are no more sign-ups by then, @Alex95 will fill in the final slot. I'm planning for the game thread to open on Saturday, and for the game to formally begin on Monday, May 10.

Kirbyo

Pronouns
He/him
Well then, have fun starting without me, as I have a reading test that day! Of course, I'll be on by the end of the day, I just wont be avaliable for a few hours.
Disregard, just learned that I'm begining testing Tuesday. Sorry! Also, when does the game begin time wise?

Goombuigi

The Luigi-fied Goomba
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Goombuigi
Disregard, just learned that I'm begining testing Tuesday. Sorry! Also, when does the game begin time wise?
I'm planning for it to begin at , which is also the time when phase changes will happen.

Alex95

The True Power Master
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
"What, through here? Okay, thank you."

"So many people here. Did we all get the same letter?"

"Stephan told me he was in something like this a few years ago... Some kind of Killing Game."

"But this seems different than how he described it... "Mafia", huh? Interesting."

"So it's kill or be killed. I wasn't allowed to bring any Life Vials with me, or even Health Vials for that matter. So I guess I have to be careful."

Hamilton_2.png

"Pleased to meet you all. My name is Hamilton. I am here to partake in this little adventure."

Kirbyo

Pronouns
He/him
"What, through here? Okay, thank you."

"So many people here. Did we all get the same letter?"

"Stephan told me he was in something like this a few years ago... Some kind of Killing Game."

"But this seems different than how he described it... "Mafia", huh? Interesting."

"So it's kill or be killed. I wasn't allowed to bring any Life Vials with me, or even Health Vials for that matter. So I guess I have to be careful."

"Pleased to meet you all. My name is Hamilton. I am here to partake in this little adventure."
kirbhappy.png
: Hello there! It's nice to have someone new here! Now we have enough people here to go on the hunt for Wingo!

Goombuigi

The Luigi-fied Goomba
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Goombuigi
Sign-ups are now closed. I've completed the rolecards earlier than I expected, which means that I'll open the game thread and send the rolecards within the next couple of hours (the game will still begin on Monday as planned). More information will be posted in the game thread.

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
As a sidenote, I've debated on whether to let people who've signed as replacements join the dead/spectator chat if they'd be interested, but I ultimately decided to let them, and in the event that someone would drop out, I would communicate with them to make sure that they've left the dead/spectator chat and trust that they wouldn't leak anything that may have been said there. Hopefully though, replacements won't be needed in the game.
It is worth noting that while you can add people to a conversation, it is impossible to remove them. People can themselves press a 'leave' button, but this is a weird feature in that they are not removed from the participants list, while it does get hidden for them. Also of note is the option for the leaver is for the conversation to be restored when a new reply is posted. It's a wacky system.

Goombuigi

The Luigi-fied Goomba
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Goombuigi
Lakituthequick said:
People can themselves press a 'leave' button, but this is a weird feature in that they are not removed from the participants list, while it does get hidden for them. Also of note is the option for the leaver is for the conversation to be restored when a new reply is posted. It's a wacky system.
In case this becomes relevant later on, do you know of an option that, if a person chooses to ignore future replies, for the PM to get un-hidden from them afterwards? Or is the option to ignore future replies permanent?

Last edited:

Aru Honshou

Ace Class Vice President
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
to be honest, im not sure i really feel comfortable with having replacements added into the dead/spectator chat. in a roundabout way, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of the thing imo. the dead chat was suggested as a way for people not active anymore to vent their suspicions without it actually affecting the flow of the game. if you put replacements in there, then as soon as one of them is added to the game, they're going to have a bevy of dead person thoughts filling their head, which will affect how they play regardless of any promises they make to not "leak" anything (which, i might point out, isn't something you as a host are going to be able to police very well given the reasons ltq posted above) because for most people its hard to unremember what people have said. thats going to affect the suspicions you have and theres nothing you can really do about it, especially if you're particularly invested in the conversations. if someone wants to be a replacement, i feel they should be given the same information and venues as the actual players, and nothing else. i know it might kind of suck for them to not be able to follow along with the rest of the game, but its kind of what they signed up for by putting themselves down as replacements in the first place. dead and spectator chat should only be for people who are not going to participate any further in the game, not for people who have yet to participate

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
In case this becomes relevant later on, do you know of an option that, if a person chooses to ignore future replies, for the PM to get un-hidden from them afterwards? Or is the option to ignore future replies permanent?
It's permanent.

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him