Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Goombuigi
Untitled231_20210425110337.png

"Ready for adventure!"

Captain Toad gestured for the rest of the Toad Brigade to follow him. They did so in unison, taking their backpacks and marching off into the horizon. Little did they know that Wingo and his cronies would interrupt their quest, and the group could be torn apart...

Welcome to Toad Brigade Mafia, where the Toad Brigade, with the help of other Toads, face off against Wingo and his assistants. Aside from the theming, this is a relatively straight-forward mafia, and newcomers and veterans are welcome.

The goal is the game is simple - the town are aiming to defeat all of the mafia members, while the mafia aim to equal or outnumber the town. There are two phases which alternate during the game - Day phases and Night phases. During Day phases, the players meet up to discuss their suspects, and potentially lynch a player by the end of the phase. During Night phases, the mafia choose a player to kill, and players with night-specific actions can utilize them.

Gameplay
1. Day and Night phases will last 48 hours, though that can be changed if needed.
2. Each phase will begin at 10:00 PM CET ( - local time).
3. The game will begin with Night 0, which will be used to confirm role cards, introduce RPs, and set up PMs. This phase will last 48 hours, and afterwards, the game will fully begin with a standard Day phase. Night phase powers cannot be used in Night 0.
4. Vote tally updates will be posted twice during each Day phase, 24 hours and 48 hours after the beginning of the phase. Final results of each Day and Night phase will be posted roughly 10 - 20 minutes after the end of the respective phase, unless stated otherwise by the host.
5. Use the format "Vote: XXX" to vote for a player. If you wish to unvote, simply write "Unvote".
6. No-lynching is allowed, with the format "Vote: No Lynch". Tied votes will result in a no-lynch. No active votes by the end of a Day phase will also result in a no-lynch.
7. Once killed, dead players will automatically be invited to the dead/spectator PM chain. Spectators will have the option to join the PM chain once the game begins.
8. Dead mafia will retain access to the mafia PM chain, however they will be redirected to the dead/spectator PM chain if they wish to discuss the game, and won't be allowed to post in the mafia PM chain.
9. The players with active Night phase powers (e.g. Cop, Doctor, Tracker) should only use their powers in their Rolecard PM.
10. All italic text in posts from the host has no effect on the gameplay, and is only used for storytelling purposes.

Rules
1. You have to be active. This means, ideally, to post at least once during a day phase, although there is no hard restriction. If players aren't responding for a prolonged period of time, the host has the choice to modkill them.
2. Do not quote any part of host-made PMs, including the role card, night action results, and the mafia chat. Roleclaiming without quoting is allowed.
3. Do not post in the game thread after dying. In addition, if you died or if you're not a player, you cannot publicly post (here or elsewhere) your suspicions and speculation on the game, with the exception of the dead/spectator PM chain. This is to minimize interference between the players and people not in the game.
4. Private conversations to share vital information about the game, with the exceptions of host-created ones, are not allowed.
5. Failure to follow the rules will lead to the player being modkilled (or given a warning, depending on the severity of the situation).

Roles
Captain Toad (Public Speaker) - During the Day phase, the Public Speaker's vote counts as two votes.
Archivist Toadette (Tracker) - During the Night phase, the Tracker can choose a player to track and find out who they used their powers on, if any. They won't learn what powers those are, only who they targeted with them.
Hint Toad (Cop) - During the Night phase, the Cop can check the identity of a player, to find whether they are a town or a mafia.
Sleepy Toad (Bulletproof) - During the Night phase, the Bulletproof requires the mafia to target them twice to successfully eliminate them from the game.
Bank Toad (Doctor) - During the Night phase, the Doctor can choose one player to protect each night, and this player will survive even if the mafia target them that night. They aren't allowed to protect a single player multiple times in a row.
Mail Toad (Vigilante) - During the Night phase, the Vigilante can choose a player to kill. They can only successfully use this power once, afterwards they become a vanilla town.
Toad (Vanilla Town) - A town with no special powers.
Wingo (Godfather) - During cop checks, the godfather appears as town. When voting for mafia kills, they act as the tiebreaker.
Draggadon and Gold Draggadon (Vanilla Mafia) - A mafia with no special powers, however, they have a say in which person to kill during the Night phase.
Mummy-Me (Semi-Godfather) - If the godfather dies, Mummy-Me inherits the godfather's powers. Else, they act as a vanilla mafia.

Sign-ups
I'm currently aiming for between 14 and 20 players. Sign-ups will close on Friday, May 7th, at the latest. To sign up, post here in bold text.
Sign-ups are officially closed. Replacements are still welcome.

1. Ninja Squid (Addam Origo)
2. Reverse Input (Aru Honshou)
3. InsaneBlathers (Insane Shmathers)
4. Kirbyo
5. Luigi 64DD (Charlie Brown)
6. Roserade
7. Waluigi Time
8. Shoey (Matlock)
9. Blitz
10. Ninelevendo
11. Giri
12. Hooded Pitohui
13. Mariofan169 (MFan168)
14. Alex95

Replacements / Slot filler:
1. fantanoice
2. Power Flotzo (King Hippo)
3. BabyLuigiOnFire (Ray Trace)

Last edited:

Dark Light

Commander of the Protectors, LEO, generally grumpy
Wiki Patroller
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I'm signing up as a replacement, I'm still interested in playing more games but I also need a break from Mafia.

Kirbyo

pink galoomba with arms and headphones
Pronouns
He/him
Ok! Sign me up, Scotty! Oh yea, I need an oc... I guess just Kirby with headphones! If anyone can make a picture of my oc to use for RP, be my guest!

Last edited:

Blathers Time

Mathematical!
Pronouns
He/him
shroomneutral.png

Shmathers, you called?

shroomshocked.png

What?!? You want me to investigate a Mafia ring? Seeded in a group of toads?

shroomsad.png

You know it's been a while since I dabbled in the whole Mafia-busting thing.
To be quite honest, I thought the Mafia had thrown in the towel! We heard barely anything from them for years! But then there was Rougeport earlier this year, and the... unsavory business tactics emplyed by Jojamart to expand into Fred Pasture. But why don't you just go yourself?

shroomthonk.png

You say you're preparing for a bigger case... A "Killing Game". Well, good luck with that.

shroomgoodwork.png

I guess, for better or worse, you can count me in!
Shroomlock's on the case!

Yoshi the SSM

I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Yoshi the SSM
Hint Toad (Cop) - During the Night phase, the Cop can check the identity of a player, to find whether they are a town or a mafia.
Oh. This was the same idea that I had, make Hint Toad the cop. Yeah, when making my list of the 35 possible characters, the entire Toad Brigade (besides Toadette because she was not in the Galaxy games). When it came to roles, only Hint Toad and Bank Toad got roles. The captain is fancy vanilla, that is, it doesn’t say vanilla, but there’s nothing special about it.
Anyways. I think I will not participate. I want a break after the sheep mafia.

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid

Anna:
Alright! I am finally getting closer to that peak. I heard stories from some of my clients of a peak with tons of cash. If I am right, this is the right place!

Anna:
Haha! This is exciting! If I can get my hands on this treasure, I will be filthy rich!

Anna:
Wait! I thought I was alone in the corner. Who are you? Are you merchants who were following me all this time?!

Anna:
I can't really let those buddies with strange hats getting this treasure before me. I will risk being the laughing stock of the merchants! I gotta strike a deal with them!

Anna:
Hey there, buddies! Are you interested in some kind of treasure? If so, let's strike a deal, and split the fortune together. The name's Anna! I'm a merchant who slings wares all across Fódlan... and beyond!

Waluigi Time

TOO BAD. WALUIGI TIME.
Wiki Patroller
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Waluigi Time
IG11.png

IG-11
Making introductions already? Very well.

Greetings, lifeforms. My designation is IG-11. I have been sent by the Bounty Hunters' Guild to terminate the subject identified as "Wingo" and any of his known associates. Data on my quarry's last known location leads me to believe he has disguised himself here among the indigenous population.

I assure you I am well equipped to perform this task. I am programmed for interrogation and forensics. Additionally, I have downloaded and analyzed the data regarding similar recent incidents at Rogueport and Joja Pasture. It is only a matter of time before I collect this bounty. Do not attempt to flee or interfere with my duties.

Blathers Time

Mathematical!
Pronouns
He/him
View attachment 12174
IG-11
Making introductions already? Very well.

Greetings, lifeforms. My designation is IG-11. I have been sent by the Bounty Hunters' Guild to terminate the subject identified as "Wingo" and any of his known associates. Data on my quarry's last known location leads me to believe he has disguised himself here among the indigenous population.

I assure you I am well equipped to perform this task. I am programmed for interrogation and forensics. Additionally, I have downloaded and analyzed the data regarding similar recent incidents at Rogueport and Joja Pasture. It is only a matter of time before I collect this bounty. Do not attempt to flee or interfere with my duties.
1619387122104.png

1619387141605.png

(me talking about all of waluigi time's mafia rps)

Last edited:

Kirbyo

pink galoomba with arms and headphones
Pronouns
He/him
020a56f3e72d1e2.png

Well, it seems like we've got quite the cast of characters this time! Can't wait for the game to begin! This is my first time playing one of these mafia games, and they seem pretty fun!

Last edited: