Dr. Waluigi Frankentime

It was a breakfast smash
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Waluigi Time
For far too long, the valiant Hammer Bros. have been the victim of unjust hatred within the Mario fanbase. Since 2016, they have consistently won the Worst Enemy Fail Award with hundreds of votes. But why? What have they done to deserve this? Sure, they were tricky to deal with back in Super Mario Bros., but that was 35 years ago! Since then, they have become easier to predict and dodge, and the modern day abundance of power-ups makes taking them out a simpler task than it's ever been. So why the hate?

It's simple. It's popular to hate Hammer Bros. We can't let this stand.

Now, I won't lie to you. This won't be an easy task. The Hammer Bro. haters are coordinated and have the advantage of large numbers. The only way to take them down is with coordination against a single target. For that, I nominate this piece of carp.

Yeah, Porcupuffer. Nobody likes Porcupuffer. It follows you around for an entire level, constantly jumps at you, and no matter what you do to kill it, it always comes back. Maybe if Hammer Bros. chased you around for the entirety of the stage, actually aimed their hammer throws, and kept appearing no matter how many times you tried to kill them, they'd be worse than Porcupuffer. But they're not. They don't deserve this.

Of course, this can't be done without support! By all means, feel free to chime in with posts about how great Hammer Bros. are or how terrible Porcupuffers are. The big YouTubers are in on the Hammer Bro. conspiracy too, so if you have a YouTube channel, how about producing some anti-Porcupuffer propaganda?

Let's give Hammer Bro. some justice and a well-deserved break from this endless hate. Vote Porcupuffer for Worst Enemy.

Count Waluigi

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
Back Cursyas are objectively the worst, but their single-appearance is not really enough to make them a viable option to overtake Hammer Bro. So yeah Porcupuffers are pretty shit (should still have been in all SMM2 styles tho)

zelen !!

actual spore creature
Pronouns
She/her
ill join either way bc hammer bros dont deserve this, but i do have a question : do porcupuffers act like these big cheep cheeps in smb3 that would eat you and instantly kill you i havent played smb3 in literal years but i frickin hated these things

Dr. Waluigi Frankentime

It was a breakfast smash
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Waluigi Time
ill join either way bc hammer bros dont deserve this, but i do have a question : do porcupuffers act like these big cheep cheeps in smb3 that would eat you and instantly kill you i havent played smb3 in literal years but i frickin hated these things
Porcupuffers usually have the same behavior but aren't an instakill.

zelen !!

actual spore creature
Pronouns
She/her
who else then ??? were not gonna be able to convince everyone to vote for. frickin. Swooper Dooper ok these arent really bad either these only exist in one world and have predictable patterns even if i keep dying to them for some reason

Pablo

International Super Spy
who else then ??? were not gonna be able to convince everyone to vote for. frickin. Swooper Dooper ok these arent really bad either these only exist in one world and have predictable patterns even if i keep dying to them for some reason
Blooper mothers are the worst because it's super hard to get around them without taking a hit.

Goombgooigi

The Gooigi-fied Goomba
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Goombuigi
Blooper mothers are the worst because it's super hard to get around them without taking a hit.
If you stand still then they can't hurt you, which I find makes it easier to get around them.

I personally don't like Hammer Bros. too much, but I think Porcupuffers are worse.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Porcupuffers aren't quite as bad as Big Berthas, but they're more relevant to a modern audience. Your campaign has my vote, Waluigi Time.

Might I recommend, for increased exposure, some member of this movement should consider writing a Critic Corner section in The 'Shroom covering Porcupuffer? There are clearly some strong opinions here, and we have a whole team for opinions! Perhaps you could even put out a one-off review of Pocupuffers and Hammer Bros., to put them side by side and determine which is better.

Reigen Arataka

Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century (not conman)
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Luigi 64DD
Back Cursyas are objectively the worst, but their single-appearance is not really enough to make them a viable option to overtake Hammer Bro. So yeah Porcupuffers are pretty shit (should still have been in all SMM2 styles tho)
Yeah but I actually think Back Cursyas are the worst so I will vote Back Cursyas. Also if you think Cursya couldn't get voted over hammer bros I invite you to view this evidence:

1619321226108.png

1619321248927.png

Cursya was 1st in 2015 and 2nd from 2016 and 2017. Though they fell to 3rd in 2018 and 2019 thank to Fuzzies, they acheived their number 2 spot again in 2020. This makes them not only viable but the perfect choice to overtake Hammer Bros.

In fact... Porcupuffers aren't even on the list for Worst Enemy as far as I can tell???? Why would we pick an enemy that's not on the list to overtake Hammer Bros.? That would actually never happen!

Thus, I invite you all to vote Cursyas for Worst Enemy 2021 and save Hammer Bros. from their unfortunate plight. #DownWithCursyas #JusticeForHammerBros. #PorcupuffersAreIrrelevant

P&D Red Koopa Paratroopa

Only the power of the dragon balls can stop me!
Pronouns
They/them
it's Gobber for me, they're so annoying to fight

or does it have to be strictly platformer?