Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid

By:
Ninja Squid & Goombuigi

Welcome to the 'Shroom's Ultimate Location Battle! Today, you'll be joined by your hosts Ninja Squid (Addam Origo) and Goombuigi, who are currently discussing which location among their picks should be The 'Shroom's Ultimate Location. Although, they can't do so without your help. So, make sure to vote for your favorite locations in the brackets here.

This Ultimate Location Battle will contain eight locations with four chosen by Ninja Squid and another four by Goombuigi. For this first round, it will be a playoffs with two categories: 3D Mario locations and Mario RPGs locations. The locations with the most votes in each brackets will move on to the second round.

Goombuigi and Ninja Squid each have their own lists, so use this thread to share your opinions and thoughts with each of them so they can decide which locations they prefer! This isn't a debate between the two of them; they each are separately seeking your input on these locations. Use this thread to help them discuss and consider their choices.

Please, make sure to cast your vote for which of the eight locations should move on to the semi-final!

Timeline of the Ultimate Location Battle:

- Issue 169 (April 2021) - Playoffs (8 locations)
- Issue 170 (May 2021) - Semi-Final (4 locations)
- Issue 171 (June 2021) - Final Round (2 locations) current
- Issue 172 (July 2021) - Announcement of the Ultimate Location

FINAL

Ninja Squid's pick

VS

Goombuigi's pick

Buoy Base Galaxy vs Metro Kingdom

What do you think should be the Ultimate Location?
Please, take note that we are not actually starting an all-out war or a debate about which location should win, and nor should you start shilling around for people to support one location over the other. This thread is only for hearing your opinion, discussing, and helping us narrow down the number of locations for the next round.

Last edited:

Brawl Stars

"Uggghhh!"
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
I voted for the Metro Kingdom over Flipside mostly because Flipside can be soooo confusing with its many floors, passage ways, and not to mention alternate version. (Which I suppose is its own location so you can ignore that last one if you want.)

Mander

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
My picks would be Buoy Base Galaxy, Rogueport, Metro Kingdom, and Flipside. Assuming it's four 1v1s right now which is what it looks like in the OP.

Mander

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
In that case gotta go with the Paper Mario locations on both. They're both wonderful bustling hubs connecting two of my favorite worlds in the franchise.

Brawl Stars

"Uggghhh!"
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
But that's what makes it fun!
There's a difference between "fun" and "I've been running around for the past half hour and still can't find the stupid heart pillar."

But nonetheless, it's a fun Paper Mario game, just not my favorite.

Dimitri A. Blaiddyd

Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
In order to avoid further confusion, I did change the current timeline to the OP to reflect the current status of the Ultimate Location Battle, so this should not be a problem from now on.

Reminder that there's still one week left to vote in the Semi Final! Cast your votes here.

Thanks Goombuigi! :yoshi:

Dimitri A. Blaiddyd

Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
It's time for the grand finale of the Ultimate Location Battle!

After narrowing Goombuigi and I's picks for several months, we are now here facing one another with our last pick. Only one of these two can win the title of Ultimate Location. Which one will be the winner? It's up to you to decide!

It's Buoy Base Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy against Metro Kingdom from Super Mario Odyssey. Come and cast your vote here for your favorite location!