Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Discuss general things here :poshjr:

This OP will be updated periodically, with other updates in new posts.

Chat Party logs courtesy of Ltq!!!

Awards Ceremony
Friday, August 13th, 2021

To access the Awards channel on Discord, just click this link to enter the Super Mario Wiki Discord Server and click on the #mario-awards channel.

To access the Awards channel on IRC, just join the server 'irc.darkmyst.org' in any irc client and join #mwikiawards. You can also join it by using the wiki's WebChat applet and typing "/join #mwikiawards" after you get in, or just simply click this direct mibbit link or KiwiIRC!

If you have any trouble, please let us know!

August 13th
Chat Party - 2:00pm EDT / 6:00 pm UTC - Timestamp:
Community Awards XIV - 3:00pm EDT / 7:00 pm UTC - Timestamp:
Fail Awards XIII - 4:15pm EDT / 8:15 pm UTC - Timestamp:
Mario Awards XV Part 1 - 5:55pm EDT / 9:55 pm UTC - Timestamp:
Mario Awards XV Part 2 - 7:25pm EDT / 11:25 pm UTC - Timestamp:

Community Awards XIV Opening Script - 3:00 - - Hooded Pitohui
C1 - Favorite Active 'Shroom Writer - 3:05 - - Shoey
C4 - Favorite 2020 Awards Presentation - 3:10 - - Ltq
C7 - Favorite Community Event 2020-2021 - 3:15 - - TPG
C2 - Favorite Retired 'Shroom Writer - 3:20 - - Hooded Pitohui & Luigi 64DD
C9 - Favorite Written 'Shroom Section of the Past Year - 3:25 - - Magolor04726
C5 - Wiki Contributor Awards 2020-2021 - 3:30 - - Power Flotzo
C3 - Favorite Artist - 3:35 - - Goombuigi
C6 - Favorite 'Shroom Team - 3:40 - - The Pyro Guy
C8 - Best 'Shroom Section Design - 3:45 - - Roserade
C10 - Outstanding Community Achievement Award - 3:50 - Roserade & Hooded Pitohui
Community Awards XIV Closing Script - 3:55 - - Hooded Pitohui

Fail Awards XIII Opening Script - 4:15 - - Turboo
F1 - Worst Character - 4:20 - - Koopa con Carne
F6 - Worst Spin-off - 4:25 - - Roserade
F13 - Worst Remake - 4:30 - - Reverse Input
F8 - Worst Mario Kart Course - 4:35 - - Toadgamer
F14 - Worst Setting - 4:40 - - Ray Trace
F9 - Worst Direction of Series - 4:45 - - Zange
F3 - Worst 3D Level - 4:50 - - Fawfulthegreat64
F10 - Worst Game Mechanic - 4:55 - - Ninja Squid
F4 - Worst RPG Area - 5:00 - - Koops
F12 - Worst Game Objective - 5:05 - - GBAToad
F2 - Worst 2D Level - 5:10 - - Koops
F7 - Worst Enemy - 5:15 - - Gabumon
F5 - Worst Level Concept - 5:20 - - Hooded Pitohui
F11 - Most Shameless Business Decision - 5:25 - - Waluigi Time
F15 - Most Disappointing Game - 5:30 - - TPG
Fail Awards XIII Closing Script - 5:35 - - Turboo

Mario Awards XV Opening Script - 5:55 - - Anton
M1 - Best Sound Design - 6:00 - - Koops & Luigi 64DD
M18 - Favorite Mario Party Game - 6:05 - - Turb
M13 - Favorite Level Theme - 6:10 - - Waluigi Time
M4 - Favorite Mario Kart Course - 6:15 - - Goombuigi
M8 - Favorite Art Style - 6:20 - - Koops
M22 - Favorite Mario Party Board - 6:25 - - FWD
M9 - Favorite Add-on Content - 6:30 - - TPG
M19 - Favorite Villain - 6:35 - - Toadbert & tfp
M17 - Favorite Mario RPG - 6:40 - - Kirbyo
M5 - Favorite DK Music Track - 6:45 - - Toadgamer
M28 - Favorite Game Setting - 6:50 - - Anton
M6 - Favorite Wario Music Track - 6:55 - - Superchao
M2 - Favorite Mario Kart Game - 7:00 - - Luigi 64DD
M21 - Favorite Puzzle Game - 7:05 - - Zange
M29 - Favorite Classic Game (GCN/GBA and older) - 7:10 - - Gabumon
Intermission - Anton
M25 - Favorite 2D Mario Level - 7:25 - - InsaneBlathers
M10 - Favorite Mario Lyrical Song - 7:30 - - Zange
M3 - Favorite Mario Platformer - 7:35 - - Ninelevendo
M16 - Favorite Item - 7:40 - - Power Flotzo
M7 - Favorite Yoshi Music Track - 7:45 - - Zange
M26 - Favorite 3D Mario Level - 7:50 - - Waluigi Time
M27 - Favorite Boss Battle - 7:55 - - BBQ Turtle
M11 - Favorite Major Character - 8:00 - - MrConcreteDonkey
M23 - Favorite Game Mechanic - 8:05 - - Reverse Input
M14 - Favorite Species - 8:10 - - Hooded Pitohui
M20 - Favorite Sports Game - 8:15 - - Ninelevendo
M12 - Favorite Supporting Character - 8:20 - - Bazooka Mario
M15 - Favorite Mario Instrumental Track - 8:25 - - TPG
M24 - Favorite Merchandise - 8:30 - - Snack & Woglril
M30 - Favorite Modern Game (Wii/DS and newer) - 8:35 - - Waluigi Time
Mario Awards XV Closing Script - 8:40 - - Anton

Important Links:
Anniversary Wiki Page
Schedule
Full List 2021
Historical Results (2007-2014)
Historical Results (2015-present)
2020 Complete Results
Full List 2020
2021 Complete Results

Last edited:

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
2021 Awards Committee

@Anton (Anton) - Director, Mario Awards Host
@Sou Hiyori (Turb) -Sub-Director, Fail Awards Host
@Lakituthequick (Lakituthequick) - Awards Record Keeper
@Hooded Pitohui (Hooded Pitohui) - 'Shroom Awards Host
@2257 (2257) - Awards Staff Consultant
@Big Smoke (Gabumon) - Awards Staff Consultant

@BBQ Turtle (BBQ Turtle)
@64-Bit Nintendo Machine (64-Bit Nintendo Machine)
@Goombuigi (Goombuigi)
@Nederlandse Spoorwegen (Ninja Squid)
@Reko Yabusame (Superchao)
@Rimi Ushigome (Power Flotzo)
@Smasher (Smasher)
@The Real Hooded Pitohui (Roserade)
@Mizzlebip (The Pyro Guy)

Last edited:

64-Bit Nintendo Machine

64 Bits of Power!
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
I’m sorry I couldn’t come to the first meeting, I was busy.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
So, every year, we have a big celebration of the anniversary of the Wiki and the community as a whole, right? The actual ceremonies happen in mid-August, but to ensure there's enough time for everything to run smoothly, the build-up for Awards begins in June (it actually begins a few months earlier than even that, but that's mostly the realm of the Awards Committee. The highly-visible events start in June). Polls open in mid-June, then they close in July, which makes late July and early August the period where everyone is busy getting to work making presentations to... well, present the results at the ceremony in August.

So you can see how June, July, and August make up the bulk of rewards related activity. But the formal stuff isn't all we do for Awards. We also like to have fun and deepen the sense of comradery in the community with tournaments and group games, both forum games and videogames of various types. These usually also occur in the June-August period, since that's when you have people active, on the forum, and filled with energy for Awards (especially June through mid July, before attention gets diverted towards making presentations).

So, all of that considered, June, July, and August form what we call "Awards season," when the business of Awards - and all the games and tournaments - are in full-swing.

Kirbyo

writing for the `Shroom, saving Popstar from doom
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Kirbyo
So, every year, we have a big celebration of the anniversary of the Wiki and the community as a whole, right? The actual ceremonies happen in mid-August, but to ensure there's enough time for everything to run smoothly, the build-up for Awards begins in June (it actually begins a few months earlier than even that, but that's mostly the realm of the Awards Committee. The highly-visible events start in June). Polls open in mid-June, then they close in July, which makes late July and early August the period where everyone is busy getting to work making presentations to... well, present the results at the ceremony in August.

So you can see how June, July, and August make up the bulk of rewards related activity. But the formal stuff isn't all we do for Awards. We also like to have fun and deepen the sense of comradery in the community with tournaments and group games, both forum games and videogames of various types. These usually also occur in the June-August period, since that's when you have people active, on the forum, and filled with energy for Awards (especially June through mid July, before attention gets diverted towards making presentations).

So, all of that considered, June, July, and August form what we call "Awards season," when the business of Awards - and all the games and tournaments - are in full-swing.
Hope I can be a part of all of the major awards stuff before I have to start focusing on high school.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Next meeting will not be at the normal time listed on the schedule, moving instead to Saturday night.

The next AC Meeting is planned for (Saturday, May 15th 8:00pm-10:00pm EDT) in #mwikiawards on irc.darkmyst.org. If you don’t already know how to join that channel, click this link, enter your name, and then type “/join #mwikiawards”; alternative clients such as KiwiIRC are also available. The meeting will be dedicated to going over topics introduced on the forum, and then continuing on with Fail Awards and into Community Awards.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Next meeting will not be at the normal time listed on the schedule, moving instead to Friday night.

Just a heads-up: The next AC Meeting is planned for (Friday, May 21st 8:00pm-10:00pm EDT) in #mwikiawards on irc.darkmyst.org. If you don’t already know how to join that channel, click this link, enter your name, and then type “/join #mwikiawards”; alternative clients such as KiwiIRC are also available. The meeting will be dedicated to going over finishing M22, M23, M24, and F11, then beginning Community Awards.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
It looks like you were trying to get a minimum of eight players. If I'm being bluntly honest, it looks to me like there's not enough interest for you to get that number (I don't play many Kirby games, sorry to say). I don't want to discourage you from trying to host, and it may be possible more people are interested than it looks like, but I think it might be time to consider the possibility the tournament isn't going to work this year.

There's no shame in that. It happens sometimes. I've had my own attempts at hosting tournaments not get enough interest to go through with it in the past. Don't despair. You can always try it next year, perhaps with a different approach, if it doesn't work out this year, and it might be better for you to focus on joining in the other games and tournaments anyways.

Kirbyo

writing for the `Shroom, saving Popstar from doom
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Kirbyo
It looks like you were trying to get a minimum of eight players. If I'm being bluntly honest, it looks to me like there's not enough interest for you to get that number (I don't play many Kirby games, sorry to say). I don't want to discourage you from trying to host, and it may be possible more people are interested than it looks like, but I think it might be time to consider the possibility the tournament isn't going to work this year.

There's no shame in that. It happens sometimes. I've had my own attempts at hosting tournaments not get enough interest to go through with it in the past. Don't despair. You can always try it next year, perhaps with a different approach, if it doesn't work out this year, and it might be better for you to focus on joining in the other games and tournaments anyways.
Yea, good point. I'll leave the thread up for now, but... well... I don't actually know what people will like, or have any ideas for Mario-related tourneys. So yea, maybe next year... also, might as well ask hear, is anybody interested in a Super Mario World speedrunning competition? just want to know, maybe I could try that, maybe not.

Last edited:

Morpho Knight

Judgement Butterfly
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
In this meeting it was decided to leave the award at 17 nominees rather than decide between the 4 tied for 18th, World of Plight being one of them. Anyone can still write it in, though!
Oh, looks like it still had a dossier entry for C9 due to me miscounting. This has been fixed to match the poll.

Camwoodstock

where's the her/him pronouns help i'm genderfluid
MarioWiki
Camwoodstock
Where do I apply to be one of the people who creates the reveal for an award? I may be interested, but I can't figure out where to do that, especially seeing as I've never done this before.