'Shroomfest Debate (Round 4) - WARM BEVERAGES vs COLD BEVERAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
It has come to me that my last ruling lacked clarity regarding why Team Warm Beverages won the first week of this 'Shroomfest, and it looks more like I was bringing MSM drama into this. Please, take note that this was actually done on purpose more as a joke, and NOT as the actual reasoning.

The reason why I selected Team Warm Beverages was pretty much over the statistics arguments and how popular some of them are (tea and coffee), which I feel was a bit lacking with Team Cold Beverages.

I apologize for lacking clarity with my previous ruling, and I will make sure my next ones are clearer.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kirbyo

pink galoomba with arms and headphones
The reason why I selected Team Warm Beverages was pretty much over the statistics arguments and how popular some of them are (tea and coffee), which I feel was a bit lacking with Team Cold Beverages.
Well to begin, yes, hot beverages ARE popular, like tea and coffee, but you've got to remember that they can also be served cold and still taste great. besides, do you see hot beverages in the middle of the summer? I think not. you can even drink them in winter in certain places around the equator! where do people drink hot beverages all the time? AT THE POLES. does anyone live there? well yes but not many people. therefore, cold drinks can be drunk almost anywhere a person can go, while hot drinks are really only for winter in places closer to the poles than to the equator. besides, when you exercise, do you have a burning hot beverage to help you keep going? NO (at least I don't think so if you do then that's cool to)! you drink a nice, COLD water (or Gatorade, or in my case, grape juice) to cool you off and lower your body temperature after gaining tons of heat from exercising! case closed, cold drinks are better.

a referee

DON'T STOP THE COUNT!
I mean I guess going by how popular some are, tea and coffee are very, very popular. But honestly, if you look at popular beverages around the world, most of them are cold.

I still recommending checking out the list! There's a great blend of hot and cold beverages! But you notice there's usually just coffee and tea, while the rest are liquors, fruit cocktails, iced teas, kvass, lassi, horchata, all which are usually served cold.

The article LTQ linked is not statistics, but a blog post that includes beer, coca cola, and other cold beverages which are also argued to be the most popular beverages in the world. It also does not discern between hot and cold, as tea and coffee can also be consumed cold.

Cheers!

Booguette

Wannabe shroomfest judge
Ugh. Silly people. Now that I look at it, I don't even see why we are having this shroomfest, because as someone who lives in Texas, I need both cold drinks to survive the summer and warm drinks to warm me up in winter. There is seriously nothing better than coming inside from a sweltering hot/freezing cold day and having a glass of lemonade/a cup of hot coco and then play some video games.

Attachments

Kirbyo

pink galoomba with arms and headphones
Ugh. Silly people. Now that I look at it, I don't even see why we are having this shroomfest, because as someone who lives in Texas, I need both cold drinks to survive the summer and warm drinks to warm me up in winter. There is seriously nothing better than coming inside from a sweltering hot/freezing cold day and having a glass of lemonade/a cup of hot coco and then play some video games.
"That's not how Shroomfest works, you have to fight for your right to drink beverages of your preferred temperature"-Waluigi Time

ZelenPixel

(she/her) actual spore creature
me on discord said:
me heading to the kitchen because im going to make me some tea and it will be of high temperature
it was pretty hot and its actually tastier that way? a few days ago i accidentally left my tea for a while and when it cooled down it just wasnt that tasty anymore
idk dont cool down a drink that wasnt really specifically meant to be cold. but yknow what. team hot drinkz
also the awesome pigeon sibs are right just so you know

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Hello, world. My meme is still coming, but I am here with another argument this week.

It is a well-known fact that Sayaka Kanamori from Keep Your Hands off Eizouken is a consumer of milk, with milk - especially milk from the local bathhouse - being her trademark favorite drink.

It is also well-established that Kanamori has keen business sense and is a skilled negotiator, and it is my belief that you should appreciate Sayaka Kanamori, who has also made appearances in Mario Boards' hit Awards Killing Game: Despair Incorporated before going on to make an appearance in a 2020 awards presentation.

I think it's obvious, folks. If a girl with as much business acumen and worldly knowledge as Kanamori is a milk-drinker, it's time to embrace milk and support team cold beverages.

Booguette

Wannabe shroomfest judge
Hello, world. My meme is still coming, but I am here with another argument this week.

It is a well-known fact that Sayaka Kanamori from Keep Your Hands off Eizouken is a consumer of milk, with milk - especially milk from the local bathhouse - being her trademark favorite drink.

It is also well-established that Kanamori has keen business sense and is a skilled negotiator, and it is my belief that you should appreciate Sayaka Kanamori, who has also made appearances in Mario Boards' hit Awards Killing Game: Despair Incorporated before going on to make an appearance in a 2020 awards presentation.

I think it's obvious, folks. If a girl with as much business acumen and worldly knowledge as Kanamori is a milk-drinker, it's time to embrace milk and support team cold beverages.
funny that right after you say that I get a "Got milk?" ad looking on bulbapedia

Chair

yo that's a sick chair tho
Let's say this: cold milk is better than hot milk, because you can't really take the hot version with your everyday super mario cereal. Besides, I don't really enjoy hot milk, it just isn't as satisfying as the hot milk while drinking it, and I feel like it gives me more energy because I would want to drink the whole container. On that note, cold milk is technically healthier.
#hotdrinksnohealthy

Matlock

That's what I call hamburgers
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
IMG_20210331_021502522.jpg

GO TEAM HOT BEVERAGES (you'll probably have to use zoom to read)

Matlock

Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY INFERIOR PHONE CAMERA HAS BETRAYED ME AGAIN

Matlock

Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
NO YOU CAN'T FIGHT COLD WITH COLD
THAT'S LIKE TRYING TO TAKE 2 LEFT TURNS
IT