Should Mario become the King of the Mushroom Kingdom with Peach as his queen?

Should they?

• Yes, they should. They deserve it.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think they should yet. It'll have to be a while.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Nope, never.

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Only Peach should become queen. Mario can remain who he is.

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Rowlf the Dog

Ace Pianist
I hate to break it to you but Luigi will have to rule Sarasaland with Daisy as his queen instead since Luigi X Daisy is priority and because of it being supported officially. Also Mario X Peach is priority with Peach being there from 1985 and being in more games than Daisy. Sorry to burst your bubble. Also Peach is the one in charge of the Mushroom Kingdom, not Daisy.
too late the invasion has already begun
kingmarioanddaisy.png

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
2nd of all, Luigi x Daisy is hardly a "priority that is supported officially."

Seriously, the 2 have almost no interactions beyond that one statue of them when they were babies, Luigi has shown more affection for Peach than he ever has Daisy.
Daisy's trophy scene in Power Tennis would like to have a word with you. Luigi is the only one in Daisy's trophy scene and she calls Luigi "sweetie". I actually played as Daisy once or twice and saw the trophy scene.
too late the invasion has already begun
View attachment 9987
It's not gonna happen though. Mario loves Peach and here's proof of it right here.

Last edited:

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Calling someone sweetie is hardly a sign of love. It's such a common term of endearment used in many different contexts.

Hell in the 2nd video you linked Luigi is shown getting heart eyes for Peach, guess thats definitive proof right there that Luigi prefers her!

Dr. Peach

Calling someone sweetie is hardly a sign of love. It's such a common term of endearment used in many different contexts.

Hell in the 2nd video you linked Luigi is shown getting heart eyes for Peach, guess thats definitive proof right there that Luigi prefers her!
It's more like Peach's heart capturing both Mario and Luigi. But Mario says I love you so much, followed by I love you, not Luigi. Luigi was only there because Mario made him come.

Mcmadness

Thats some quality cherry picking.

ZelenPixel

(she/her) actual spore creature
hey look thats a dixie from frickin diddy kong pilot
Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser is like the bread and butter of the Mario games.
I don’t think Nintendo would just change up the Mario series like that.
i def think they should stop doing that because its an overdone misogynistic trope (and it still applies if you have some other woman or women instead of peach being kidnapped) , and changing that would lead to some more interesting plots, but thats kinda getting off topic. i still dont want any marriages

Mario Party X

🎊Party over here, f🎆ck you over there!!🎊
I thought about throwing a bone to you while making the image :)

i def think they should stop doing that because its an overdone misogynistic trope (and it still applies if you have some other woman or women instead of peach being kidnapped) , and changing that would lead to some more interesting plots, but thats kinda getting off topic. i still dont want any marriages
I don't think kidnap plots are in of themselves misogynistic but they're definitely slanted to using, exploiting, and victimizing female characters, and they're written in a way that casts them as plot devices. Male characters also fall victim to the trope, just not as disproportionately as females; Mario was practically a plot device that added practically nothing to Luigi's Mansion 2 except to simply increase the stakes for the hero (similar to what happened to Tiara unfortunately in Odyssey), so just imagine the harms of trope as having men play the role Mario played in Luigi's Mansion 2 in many, many video games.

But I'm also going into tangent too.

ZelenPixel

(she/her) actual spore creature
thank you for dixie ||| and also yeah i was speaking about the whole damsel in distress trope as a whole.. it just kinda treats women as little more than a reward and also feels like it portrays them as weak so they have to get the GUYS to rescue them Ugh

Mcmadness

The DID is hardly an inherently misogynistic trope. It's how the damsel is treated that makes it misogynistic.

Peach for example is hardly a reward for Mario, often times he just gets a little kiss at best (or nothing at all) and thats the end of it.

If you want to see a misogynistic DID example, just look at any old Popeye short.

Reggie Fils-Aime

I feel like a purple Pikmin.
That argument is kinda shit. Have you ever heard friends call each other "sweetie" ? I don't take sides but so far @Dr. Peach 's arguments are strong. I'm on her side.

How it started

How it's going
Why is Waluigi a spider lol

Mcmadness

That argument is kinda shit. Have you ever heard friends call each other "sweetie" ? I don't take sides but so far @Dr. Peach 's arguments are strong. I'm on her side.
Yes I have. Many times. It's a basic term of endearment. Same with telling your friends that you love them.

Dr. Peach

How it started

How it's going
No way that this would happen. I am disappointed that this would ever happen. This is not fair to Peach at all. Her castle is cool and sweet. Peach is a kind lady that is very polite, sweet, and adorable. She deserves some love for all the good things that she does. There's more to her than being the one who gets kidnapped all the time. Mario loves Peach and it has been very evident from the moment when she was created.

Last edited:

Waluigi Time

Sweet Victory
Wiki Patroller
Who cares if Mario becomes king. The moment Wario finds out of his coronation, he sets up a bigger, bangier kingdom out of thin air to overtake the Mushroom Kingdom, and he will have brought an entire harem of princesses by his side including Peach.
I've changed my mind, Mario should absolutely become king, it's the only way to get the Wario Land revival we need. :wario:

Koopa con Carne

Cockroach Koopa
see, that's the caveat.

for wario to have any chance in building his own kingdom,* he needs to go on at least another round of treasure hunting, therefore requiring a new wario land game to happen in the first place. there's no remission for wario fans!

*the planet ending of wario land 1 doesn't count since it's not canon.

Jerry

What's cookin’?
Mario loves Peach and it has been very evident from the moment when she was created.
Do you think Princess Leia loved Han Solo the moment they escaped the Death Star? No. I don’t think Mario and Peach had “love at first sight”.

Mario Party X

No way that this would happen. I am disappointed that this would ever happen. This is not fair to Peach at all. Her castle is cool and sweet. Peach is a kind lady that is very polite, sweet, and adorable. She deserves some love for all the good things that she does. There's more to her than being the one who gets kidnapped all the time. Mario loves Peach and it has been very evident from the moment when she was created.
All it takes for Peach to win is a kind of attrition. The moment that ship goes down, she practically wins. And how she'll win? She'll have to call in more siege tanks because I'm not seeing much aerial aggression. Those wraiths can handle those mutalisks. I don't think her economy is doing well, though, since one of the Toads got blown off, so she needs to protect Toads so they can harvest minerals and vespene gas and she can make those wraiths and siege tanks.

Not sure why she deployed Yoshi copters though. They don't seem to do much...

Who cares if Mario becomes king. The moment Wario finds out of his coronation, he sets up a bigger, bangier kingdom out of thin air to overtake the Mushroom Kingdom, and he will have brought an entire harem of princesses by his side including Peach.
I was thinking that Mario and Wario have competing companies. Mario makes a rival company, MarioMart, which threatens WarioWare's monopoly on game making. MarioMart does pay a living wage and provide extensive worker benefits, which causes WarioWare's workers to abandon the company. Wario must find a way to win them back. Maybe those two companies do become kingdoms in of themselves, corporate wastelands. Also final boss is them playing cowboys and Wario is the rustler.

BURN THE CASTLE, DEATH TO ALL OPPOSITION!!! UNLEASH THE SPIDER-WAHS!!!!

But I have an important question, we can clearly see Cappy on Mario's head here, does he have a position in the new government or is he just along for the ride?
Cappy is evidently just along for the ride. Cappy doesn't have much big battle experience, after all. Capturing someone would be murder out there. He's squinting because all those explosions are bright and loud.

Redshift

Eats Lunch at 4:00 pm
Wiki Patroller
All it takes for Peach to win is a kind of attrition. The moment that ship goes down, she practically wins. And how she'll win? She'll have to call in more siege tanks because I'm not seeing much aerial aggression. Those wraiths can handle those mutalisks. I don't think her economy is doing well, though, since one of the Toads got blown off, so she needs to protect Toads so they can harvest minerals and vespene gas and she can make those wraiths and siege tanks.

Not sure why she deployed Yoshi copters though. They don't seem to do much...
I know the problem. Her castle has too high winds and too little sand, that's why Liz gets knocked off the surfboard.

Mario Party X

Sonic isn't getting knocked off. He's just doing an expert maneuver, which isn't easy because the wind, light, and heat generated from the explosions can easily throw you off balance.