Should Mario become the King of the Mushroom Kingdom with Peach as his queen?

Should they?

• Yes, they should. They deserve it.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think they should yet. It'll have to be a while.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Nope, never.

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Only Peach should become queen. Mario can remain who he is.

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Jerry

What's cookin’?
I couldn’t see Mario marrying Peach. After the ending of Odyssey, marriage is off the table.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
I couldn’t see Mario marrying Peach. After the ending of Odyssey, marriage is off the table.
She still loves Mario though and there's concept art of them getting married in Odyssey. They might though later on.

Jerry

What's cookin’?
She still loves Mario though and there's concept art of them getting married in Odyssey. They might though later on.
Yeah, concept art. Didn’t get used in the final game. Mario and Peach getting married would bring the series downhill in my opinion. Mario’s just an everyday plumber who lives in the Kingdom and saves Peach every week. I don’t think a royal princess would marry a plumber. Sorry.

Dr. Peach

I'd be looking forward to the new Mario game, Bowser Does Divorce Paperwork
Never gonna happen as things have changed now in this Switch era. Bowser is less problematic than ever. The rejection in Odyssey made him change his ways as Peach uses her big lady words to step it up a game and move on.

Yeah, concept art. Didn’t get used in the final game. Mario and Peach getting married would bring the series downhill in my opinion. Mario’s just an everyday plumber who lives in the Kingdom and saves Peach every week. I don’t think a royal princess would marry a plumber. Sorry.
Peach might consider it once she realizes the potential of Mario being a king and the fact that Mario when recognizes himself as the King of Video Games and Plumbers. With Odyssey paving the way for the future, Peach can consider it. After all, the concept art and the post-game still show that she still loves him. There won't be many issues as there can still be more games with fresh plots for each game rather than the same Peach being kidnapped stuff. That is getting done to death.

Jerry

What's cookin’?
Never gonna happen as things have changed now in this Switch era. Bowser is less problematic than ever. The rejection in Odyssey made him change his ways as Peach uses her big lady words to step it up a game and move on.

Peach might consider it once she realizes the potential of Mario being a king and the fact that Mario when recognizes himself as the King of Video Games and Plumbers. With Odyssey paving the way for the future, Peach can consider it. After all, the concept art and the post-game still show that she still loves him. There won't be many issues as there can still be more games with fresh plots for each game rather than the same Peach being kidnapped stuff. That is getting done to death.
Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser is like the bread and butter of the Mario games.
I don’t think Nintendo would just change up the Mario series like that.

Also, again: Mario is just some guy who saves the princess every week and gets kisses for it (while sometimes racing and partying with her). I don’t think he would realize he is the “King of Video Games and Plumbers”.

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
You seriously think that him getting rejected at the end of Odyssey made him change his ways?

Really?

Come off it.

Dr. Peach

Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser is like the bread and butter of the Mario games.
I don’t think Nintendo would just change up the Mario series like that.

Also, again: Mario is just some guy who saves the princess every week and gets kisses for it (while sometimes racing and partying with her). I don’t think he would realize he is the “King of Video Games and Plumbers”.
Hasn't stopped them before. We have 3D World with Bowser kidnapping the Sprixie Princesses instead of Peach for a breather. They should continue that way forward, though.

Jerry

What's cookin’?
Hasn't stopped them before. We have 3D World with Bowser kidnapping the Sprixie Princesses instead of Peach for a breather. They should continue that way forward, though.

It’s still the “villain kidnaps _____” trope only instead of Peach, it’s a bunch of fairies. I still don’t believe Mario should marry Peach or be king.

Reggie Fils-Aime

I feel like a purple Pikmin.
@Garfield Dr. Peach has a good point. Maybe the Mario series could benefit from changing a few things up.

Mario Party X

🎊Party over here, f🎆ck you over there!!🎊
@Garfield Dr. Peach has a good point. Maybe the Mario series could benefit from changing a few things up.
Developers, suddenly having written themselves in a corner becase apparently Bowser would never ever kidnap a married person, now have to innovate for the plots for every Mario game, within a franchise well known for cohesive thought-provoking plots???

Mcmadness

More likely it would have no real impact. The franchise has remained largely successful for it's decades long existence and only the most minor amount of people actually care about stuff like this.

And marrying the 2 would have even less of a positive (if any at all) impact other than to appease shippers who care way too much about this stuff.

Mcmadness

And that was all Bowser needed to forever give up on any of his ambitions and never bother anyone again.

The end.

*applause*

Mario Party X

Mario really is asking for wedding cake. He offered a flower to pay for it but obviously flowers aren't exactly recognized currency in the moon.

What if this entire time this was just a failed transaction for food.... 🤔

Jerry

What's cookin’?
Mario really is asking for wedding cake. He offered a flower to pay for it but obviously flowers aren't exactly recognized currency in the moon.

What if this entire time this was just a failed transaction for food.... 🤔
Mario can just ask for a cake whenever. Do stores in the Mushroom Kingdom have bakeries?

Mario Party X

Have you ever bought a cake from a Mushroom Kingdom store? No. Clearly, Peach is the only supplier of cake in the entire kingdom. And Shy Guys. They stole all the cake recipes.

Mario Party X

Daisy wouldn't settle for queen. She'd go for authoritarian dictator and immediately declare herself empress and that We Are Daisy.

Dr. Peach

no mario should become the king of the mushroom kingdom and have daisy as his queen :daisy:
I hate to break it to you but Luigi will have to rule Sarasaland with Daisy as his queen instead since Luigi X Daisy is priority and because of it being supported officially. Also Mario X Peach is priority with Peach being there from 1985 and being in more games than Daisy. Sorry to burst your bubble. Also Peach is the one in charge of the Mushroom Kingdom, not Daisy.

Last edited:

Reggie Fils-Aime

I feel like a purple Pikmin.
But what if Luigi says no
Luigi is too shy to say no. He would also be too shy to object to Daisy's status above Luigi in their relationship. Luigi would be Daisy's pet. She tells him he's involved when really she's making all the big decisions. Luigi is just something to brag about. "I'm married to Luigi. You know, Mario's brother." And Luigi is just too shy to say anything.

Mcmadness

I hate to break it to you but Luigi will have to rule Sarasaland with Daisy as his queen instead since Luigi X Daisy is priority and because of it being supported officially. Also Mario X Peach is priority with Peach being there from 1985 and being in more games than Daisy. Sorry to burst your bubble. Also Peach is the one in charge of the Mushroom Kingdom, not Daisy.
First of all, learn to take a joke.

2nd of all, Luigi x Daisy is hardly a "priority that is supported officially."

Seriously, the 2 have almost no interactions beyond that one statue of them when they were babies, Luigi has shown more affection for Peach than he ever has Daisy.