Should Mario become the King of the Mushroom Kingdom with Peach as his queen?

Should they?

• Yes, they should. They deserve it.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think they should yet. It'll have to be a while.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Nope, never.

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Only Peach should become queen. Mario can remain who he is.

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
The title speaks for itself. I mean Peach already went from being Nurse Toadstool to Dr. Peach. I think Peach should jump her status to a Queen at this point in time since she's the queen of video game ladies. Mario is the king of video games and he would be a good fit as a King due to his status. Dr. Peach does make a good companion to Dr. Mario in my honest opinion just as what Dr. Daisy is to Dr. Luigi. Same with the other spinoffs like Golf and Tennis. At some point you gotta move forward in your life.

Redshift

Eats Lunch at 4:00 pm
Wiki Patroller
I feel like a good portion of what makes Mario an appealing character is how..."common" he is, how much of an everyday guy he is and how he rescues Peach not because it's a royal obligation of his to save his equal but because he likes her and he wants to perform a good deed.

However, I don't think this is gonna happen; Zelda hasn't done anything like this for example so I doubt Mario will.

My Random Themes theme

Know my power!
This sounds canon.

Canon has no place in my Super Mario.

But no, that doesn't sound realistic. I agree with BLoF on this.

Mariomaniacs

Helllooooo Dr.!
I vouch they should reintroduce the Mushroom Kings and they're all happily married to each other as a big gay royal polycule (why else would there be no queens?)

Last edited:

Dr. Peach

I feel like a good portion of what makes Mario an appealing character is how..."common" he is, how much of an everyday guy he is and how he rescues Peach not because it's a royal obligation of his to save his equal but because he likes her and he wants to perform a good deed.

However, I don't think this is gonna happen; Zelda hasn't done anything like this for example so I doubt Mario will.
Yeah but Mario is commonly associated for being a gaming icon and he is like the King of Video games kinda like how Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. Same with Madonna being the queen of pop, Britney Spears being the Princess of Pop. That's how I see it. Peach to me feels like a queen at this point because of her many games. She's more than a princess in my eyes.

Dr. Peach

Should it happen? No.

Will it happen? Never.
Mario wouldn't be a bad king. He'd be great. I mean, don't get me wrong at this point in time, he's well known to be an icon and the king of video games even if some argue that Pacman is kinda like how some argue that Elvis Presley is the king of pop before Michael Jackson. Mario had more games post-crash and still continues so he's the King.

Depends on how the Mushroom Kingdom's monarchy works, Mario isn't part of the royal bloodline so he very well could be ineligible to be king.
There is a way if Mario marries Peach. He'd be part of the Toadstool bloodline that Peach has. Peach would be willing to make Mario king as his great reward with Peach becoming queen. After all, there would be a new king after King Toadstool passed away.

Waluigi Time

Sweet Victory
Wiki Patroller
There is a way if Mario marries Peach. He'd be part of the Toadstool bloodline that Peach has. Peach would be willing to make Mario king as his great reward with Peach becoming queen. After all, there would be a new king after King Toadstool passed away.
That's not how bloodlines work. Even if Mario marries Peach, he's not a blood relative of her, hence the term bloodline. If Mario and Peach had any children, they'd be part of the bloodline, but Mario himself can't be.

Dr. Peach

That's not how bloodlines work. Even if Mario marries Peach, he's not a blood relative of her, hence the term bloodline. If Mario and Peach had any children, they'd be part of the bloodline, but Mario himself can't be.
Well, well. Cinderella wasn't of Royal Blood, was she? She became a princess when she married a Prince. Same with Kristoff marrying Anna and becoming king in the end in Frozen 2. If it can work for both, then it can also apply to Mario. Think about that for a moment.

Waluigi Time

Sweet Victory
Wiki Patroller
Well, well. Cinderella wasn't of Royal Blood, was she? She became a princess when she married a Prince. Same with Kristoff marrying Anna and becoming king in the end in Frozen 2. If it can work for both, then it can also apply to Mario.
I'm not saying it can't happen, just that it might not happen. We don't know how the Mushroom Kingdom's monarchy works, after all.

Dr. Peach

No. Mario has family to attend to. :mario::luigi::babymario::babyluigi:
Well well, Luigi can keep in touch with Mario and Peach, while he's with Daisy. Michael Jackson after leaving the Jacksons or the Jackson 5 still kept on with his life even after both him and Janet had their solo careers. They still reunited and did things together. This is all part of going forward in life.

Actually, scratch that, Mario and his family can live in Peach's castle which will become his as well.

Last edited:

Redshift

Eats Lunch at 4:00 pm
Wiki Patroller
Yeah but Mario is commonly associated for being a gaming icon and he is like the King of Video games
I don't understand how being an icon factors into being a king of a land. Pikachu rivals Mario in popularity and relatively speaking to other Pokemon, it's just a yellow electric rat that has less bulk than a Haunter and Kadabra. Pikachu isn't going to go one-on-one against Primal Groudon any time soon.

Dr. Peach

I don't understand how being an icon factors into being a king of a land. Pikachu rivals Mario in popularity and relatively speaking to other Pokemon, it's just a yellow electric rat that has less bulk than a Haunter and Kadabra. Pikachu isn't going to go one-on-one against Primal Groudon any time soon.
Yeah but Mario still sells more games and is a cult icon similar to Pacman. I mean pre-crash people know Pacman more, but Mario became a face going forward post-crash since him and ROB made the NES sell. Mario was there from Donkey Kong. He's had more games post-crash than Pacman. He's considered the king of video games due to his long-lasting influence and his legacy even if people argue that Pacman which came around the same time as him did it first and how big Pac-Man exploded.

Michael Jackson became a cultural icon in pop and got money and owned his Neverland Ranch. He sold more albums of Off the Wall and Thriller than any artist did before him, making him King of Pop. He became big. Same with Madonna and her albums, earning her the Queen of Pop. Same with Britney Spears and Baby One More Time, earning her Princess of Pop. This is like my logic.

ZelenPixel

(she/her) actual spore creature
my opinion is that i really like mario just being an average joe. just a guy. (even if inhumanly strong. even if he saved the world countless times) and him being king would just... take away from that
i dont think those music comparisons are relevant

Dr. Peach

my opinion is that i really like mario just being an average joe. just a guy. (even if inhumanly strong. even if he saved the world countless times) and him being king would just... take away from that
i dont think those music comparisons are relevant
Well, it is in a way relevant as these are titles given to people when they reach high milestones and when they're influential for a lot of things. The press gives those celebs royal titles. Mario is like that for gaming. He's had a huge influence on gaming since Donkey Kong arrived. His games were hits back then and still continue to be. It is an analogy that works so well that I feel is relevant.

Dr. Peach

He can be the king of videogames but it doesn't make him king of mushroom kingdom.
He'll have to settle for Mr. Nintendo.
Peach can become queen though if that helps. I mean at this point in time, she's officially the queen of video game ladies since she's had more games than any female video game character even if people like Pauline, Daisy, Rosalina and whatnot over her. With this, I see her as more than just a princess. Peach can step up officially from a Princess to a Queen. Mario having the title of King of Video Games can truly become an actual king and that is being the King of the Mushroom Kingdom. It makes Mario go one step further and achieve royalty. It would work well together. Same with Madonna and Michael Jackson being the king and queen of pop.

Mariomaniacs

Helllooooo Dr.!
I like the idea, I think a neat plausible way for it to happen is a Mario mobile farming/town game. whatever that genre is called.
I don't think he'd necessarily marry Peach, I think like the Mushroom Kings, each character would be a monarch respectively on their own, and you help them build and maintain their kingdom.

The hilarious part is, this would pave way for every playable character to become a monarch, including the babies (@Redshift obligatory tag) .