Super Mario Boards Mafia 2021: Rogues in Rogueport - Game Thread (END - A New Dawn for Rogueport)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Last night, Shmaluigi's investigations turned up conclusive evidence on the identity of one of the mafia members still among us. Someone who seemed to be an ally this whole time. Shmaluigi is disappointed to say this, but... Ladies and gentlemen, the identity of this mafia member is none other than... MS. EMA SKYE!

Shmaluigi doesn't really have much more to say besides "you're lousy". Vote: Pitohui.
RftA_Ema_Skye_Shocked_1.gif
Ema Skye
Mr. Shmaluigi! What kind of an accusation is this? After evaluating all of the evidence that we've collected up to this point, I would never call into question your skills as a detective, but something is amiss here. Surely no one else would believe this claim, not after they've seen me defend you - now a confirmed innocent citizen - on our first day together, or after they've seen me contribute to the lynching of Prosecutor Godot - a confirmed member of the mafia - yesterday.

Unless...

RftA_Ema_Skye_Confident_1.gif
Ema Skye
Of course! A detective as skilled as you would have a logical reason for this. It's clearly a trap, isn't it? You intend to accuse me, even going so far as to pressuring me with a vote, to lure out the members of the mafia. The informed citizens will know, of course, using the evidence I previously cited, that I can only be innocent. You were hoping that the two true members of the Mafia, Mr. Marshal and the Yoshi, would immediately join you in voting against me, exposing their corrupt machinations. Great work, Mr. Smaluigi! But I think we can end this charade, don't you? We know the identities of the two remaining mafia members. There's no further need for traps like this. I'll even demonstrate my confidence by electing to vote: Cat Glitz Yoshi.

Waluigi Time

Punch-Out!!
Wiki Patroller

"Shmaluigi"
Shmaluigi wishes he could say you were correct Ms. Skye, but there are no traps or tricks here, only hard facts. Shmaluigi cannot with full confidence explain your previous actions, perhaps they were merely leverage to use later in a situation like this.

In fact, while Shmaluigi isn't certain, he believes that Mr. Yoshi is indeed the innocent one here. He has been far too eager to vote for confirmed mafia members throughout this entire investigation. If he is mafia, then that would mean he is quickly joining in and voting off his teammates to keep suspicion off of himself, which would be a terrible strategy.

Charlie Brown

y is loogi sadd?? plese halp himn
Poll Committee
: Honk hoink honk honkkkkk. (Oh dear Miss Skye, I fear you are most mistaken. Or perhaps, we were all mistaken in giving you our trust. It is known by all in our midst that being the detective allows one to know anyone's true identity, and due to the events of the previous few days, it is beyond question that Detective Shmaluigi possesses such a power. Therefore, his declaration rings true and unquestionable.)

Honk honk h-hon-nk....... (Alas, Miss Skye, I had hoped that your claims were true and your goals were noble, but it is clear that it was not so. Your demeanor seemed pure, but as the numbers of the suspect dwindled, it became more and more evident that you were not who you said you were. Indeed, Detective Fulbright should have arrested you on that very first day....)

Honk honk HONK. (Thus, let us end this charade. It is with a heavy heart that I must Vote: Ema Skye (Hooded Pitohui). I wish it were not so, but the reckoning call of justice must not be ignored.)

Sven Svennson.

Time to shine, baby!
Banned User
Mmkay, I read it.
ogKRgLa.png
Welp, sciency. Seems like the evidence's stacked up against ya.
I'm sorry bout this, but I'm gonna go with the crowd.

Vote: Hooded Pitohui.

Вlitz

The name's Matz Lunne!
Blitz: Easy for me! Vote: Hooded Pitohui (Ema Skye). I trust that Mr. Shmaluigi is innocent, as he correctly lynched Alex95, also claiming that Mr. Flotzo, Mr. Blooper and me are innocent, but that’s another thing. I’m with Mr. Shmaluigi!

also sorry for no vote yesterday, busy with life and rping

Cat Rosalina

Purr-fect day, isn’t it?
Banned User
I’m with him. Ema Skye... so innocent looking before, is really suspicious now.

Vote: Ema Skye

Linus van Pelt

Shadow Prince
I’m also gonna vote Hooded Pitohui/Emma Skye as there’s too much “you dare question my integrity” instead of providing evidence she’s not guilty in this post for me to buy that she’s not the Mafia, as a broken clock just because you’re right twice a day doesn’t nullify the other 1,438 times of the day you talk.
Ema Skye
Mr. Shmaluigi! What kind of an accusation is this? After evaluating all of the evidence that we've collected up to this point, I would never call into question your skills as a detective, but something is amiss here. Surely no one else would believe this claim, not after they've seen me defend you - now a confirmed innocent citizen - on our first day together, or after they've seen me contribute to the lynching of Prosecutor Godot - a confirmed member of the mafia - yesterday.

Unless...

Ema Skye
Of course! A detective as skilled as you would have a logical reason for this. It's clearly a trap, isn't it? You intend to accuse me, even going so far as to pressuring me with a vote, to lure out the members of the mafia. The informed citizens will know, of course, using the evidence I previously cited, that I can only be innocent. You were hoping that the two true members of the Mafia, Mr. Marshal and the Yoshi, would immediately join you in voting against me, exposing their corrupt machinations. Great work, Mr. Smaluigi! But I think we can end this charade, don't you? We know the identities of the two remaining mafia members. There's no further need for traps like this. I'll even demonstrate my confidence by electing to vote: Cat Glitz Yoshi.

Last edited:

Rowlf the Dog

Ace Pianist
My oh my! Another night without a kill! These mafia can't catch a break. Why, I'm almost beginning to feel a bit sorry for them! Ha ha ha!

At any rate, it looks like our resident forensic investigator really isn't who she said she is. Ha ha ha! I knew she looked suspicious. Looks like I'll be taking you in for disturbing a crime scene after all... Actually, on second thought...

I'm taking you in for creating a crime scene! Vote: Ema Skye

Charlie Brown

y is loogi sadd?? plese halp himn
Poll Committee
: *psssst* Honk honk honk. (*psssst* @PF + Bowser's Fury , I request your input. You are the only one of our assembly who has of yet not voted...)

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
RftA_Ema_Skye_Worried_1.gif
Ema Skye
So this is where everything concludes... With so much supporting evidence behind Mr. Shmaluigi, ranging from Prosecutor Godot proving desperate enough to lie to counter his claims, to the goose's assertions and Mr. Shmaluigi's assertions supporting one another, to his general innocent behavior all game, there's nothing more I could do at this stage to convince you all that his data or conclusions are inaccurate, is there? Unlike Prosecutor Godot, I don't have the option of making any dramatic claims when Mr. Shmaluigi has already investigated me.

*music*

RftA_Ema_Skye_Sad_1.gif
Ema Skye
I... I knew I should have listened to my sister. She's always been more intelligent about these kinds of criminal matters. She always told me that I was getting ahead of myself. When I told her that I wanted to gain experience so that I could investigate those cruel "Killing Games," she would always tell me to sharpen my skills as a scientific forensic investigator, to wait nine years before I investigated something so dangerous. I assumed that, as long as I approached everything scientifically, I could... practice, in Rogueport. I knew that if I wanted to investigate the Killing Games, I'd have to become acquainted with techniques for not only investigating murder, but misleading investigators in case I had to... in case I had to...

I never wanted to mislead you all... I didn't want to get in the way of justice. If there were others committing crimes, I thought it would be easier to work with them than to commit the crimes myself. The identities of the ones carrying out the crimes doesn't matter, however. I'm responsible for the actions of the group I've worked with. All of this could have transpired differently, had I listened. Maybe there's a world out there where this did transpire differently. Maybe there's a timeline where the Skye family was able to investigate the Killing Games and had a hand in stopping them. That, however, isn't me. That timeline, if it exists, is closed off now. We can't test for the existence of other timelines, so speculating on their existence isn't real science. What we do know is that, here, now, I've made a mistake... and the chance to investigate the Killing Games, mafia activity, or... anything else...

I won't have it. I won't have that chance.

Ema Skye
...however, not everything is worth despairing over, is it?

*music*

RftA_Ema_Skye_Confident_1.gif
Ema Skye
After all, I did say that we'd be successful if we investigated this scientifically, and we have been, haven't we? Detective Fulbright, Mr. Shmaluigi, you two have been amazing detectives. Even if your methods differ from mine, I've learned from you. I've learned methods I can use - or that I could have used - to improve my own investigative techniques. Even when there isn't concrete evidence available, you can use psychology to form an initial lead! The innocent citizens of Rogueport have come together and led a scientific forensic investigation, and whether train or cat or detective or goose, they've demonstrated the power of the techniques I've devoted myself to studying! If I had to analyze the entire situation, I would conclude that it's "uplifting"!

Transparent_AA_Ema.png

Ema Skye
Unless something unpredictable happens, you've reached the collective conclusion that this is the end of my investigation. I... I have to apologize. I'm not dissatisfied with how this investigation ended, however. The citizens of Rogueport have demonstrated a commitment to pursuing the truth through scientific reasoning and rational thought. I know that, even if my investigation ends here, all of you will be capable of exposing the remaining criminals in this city and you will go on to investigate and expose criminals all throughout this world!

RftA_Ema_Skye_Happy_1.gif
Ema Skye
Detective Shmaluigi, whatever happens, even if you're responsible for my death, I don't regret having encountered you. Drive out the mafia in this city for me, okay? Then take your investigative skillset on the road and defend truth and justice everywhere.

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Day 4 is now over!

All votes are now locked. An update will come very soon, please be patient while I sort things out.

Vote Tally:
OptionNumber of votes
Hooded Pitohui9 (Reverse Input, Power Flotzo, Andrew, Blitz, Yoshi the SSM, Waluigi Time, BlueBerryBlue, Linus van Pelt, Luigi 64DD)
Yoshi the SSM1 (Hooded Pitohui)

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
The citizens of Rogueport were trying to find leads that could allow them to find those filthy Mafia members. They were off to a good start with half the members of the Mafia now lynched. They just had to find the last two and Rogueport could finally find peace.

Some of the citizens were trying to find clues regarding the rumors about the fight in the eastern district involving Ishnail. Rather than wait for real results and discoveries, Merlon decided to use his crystal ball and try to find a signal that could allow him to find what was actually going on.

After a few battles with the stars, Merlon had finally come up with some interesting discoveries that might be useful. It seems that there is an inert body lying in the backyard of the eastern district. It would appear that a strange hooded individual was also there, but it was far too muddled for Merlon to be exactly sure about it.

Authorities were contacted to check the surroundings and what was going on. Merlon was right! There was a dead body on the ground, and the hooded individual was actually “investigating” the area. Although the individual seemed to know several things about scientific facts, the fact that no death were reported overnight was quite suspicious.

The authories then took the hooded individual into custody. The report indicates that it was this same individual who “investigated” that was responsible for this murder. It was atrocious. The citizens could not afford such a provocation to happen without consequences.

Hooded Pitohui was lynched. He was…
Bandit Role Card.png

Dear Rogueport citizens, it is now Night 4. Have a good night!

This phase will last 24 hours. Those with active abilities during night phases, please send me a PM of your night actions.
You have until

Log5.png

Waluigi Time

Punch-Out!!
Wiki Patroller

"Shmaluigi"
Shmaluigi's Log: Night 4 of investigation
After uncovering Ms. Skye's true allegiance, we're down to a single mafia member remaining in our midst. We did good. Today was a victory.

*inexplicable sad music*

...So why does Shmaluigi feel defeated? He knew what he was getting into when he came to Rogueport. Any one of us could've been a mafia member in disguise or ended up dead by morning. Did Shmaluigi really let himself get attached to these people? Is Shmaluigi even cut out for this line of work? Shmaluigi is so close to victory, yet feels so demoralized.

No. If anything, this is just more motivation for Shmaluigi to wipe this lousy mafia clean off the face of Rogueport for good! No more innocent bloodshed. No more good people getting caught up with the wrong crowd.

Mr. Duck, Ms. Skye... This is for you.

Let's finish this.

Вlitz

The name's Matz Lunne!
*Blitz was thinking before going asleep*

Blitz: (thinking) We can confirm that the goose, Schmaluigi, Flotzo, the Blooper and me are innocent. Now there’s just a single mafia remaining...

Rowlf the Dog

Ace Pianist
Ha ha ha! Another mischievous malefactor brought to justice! True, the last two were quite vocal contributors, but look on the bright side! At least you still have me! I'd never betray the justice I love so dearly.
Now, let's all get a good night's rest, because come tomorrow... it's time to wrap up this story!

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
With just one Mafia member hanging out in Rogueport, the citizens were unleashing all the energy they had in order to find him. Even with fewer bandits in town, it was definitely not the time to let the guard down. However, the remaining Mafia member certainly did not want to be fooled by those townies. He was desperately trying to take a citizen out this night, hoping it would cause bickering again. However, his plan could not quite go as planned, especially when someone was fierce against him.

Zess T. had found a good recipe that allowed the individual not to be hurt by intense injury. By finding this recipe, and testing it on some individuals, she quickly understood that this recipe really works, and the she could make good use of it against the bandit.

However, Zess T. also knew it would put her in danger as well. The Mafia would try to eliminate her quickly, since only she could properly prepare this recipe. Knowing that the number of suspects was declining, she had to put her final preparations in place. It was time for her to eat her own meal.

After enjoying the secret meal, Zess T. had a visit from a bandit wielding a knife. She knew what he had come to do, so she picked up her favorite pan, and began to fight vigorously with all her might. The fight continued for a brief moment, a scene that would have seemed to last for hours.

Zess T. then took the risk of letting herself getting a stab from the knife. The wound quickly healed within seconds. She was thrilled. Her recipe worked! It was there that she decided to do a comeback and hit the bandit with her frying pan. The bandit quickly understood that he would not succeed in eliminating her, and quickly escaped.

The bandit had not said his last word. He would come back next night, even though he is going to have to attack someone else, but someone will fall. However, the citizens of Rogueport had more than enough. With only one mafia member in Rogueport, it was time to put an end to this dark tale.

No body was found. Everyone is alive!

Dear Rogueport citizens, it is now Day 5. Time to lynch someone!

This phase will last 24 hours. It is time to discuss with your fellow alive players and vote to eliminate someone, which seems the most suspicious. You may vote for no lynch as well.
You have until

Waluigi Time

Punch-Out!!
Wiki Patroller

"Shmaluigi"
Looks like the mafia can't catch a break! Not that Shmaluigi minds, of course. Serves them right.

*inexplicable dramatic music*

I'm sure you're all well aware that Shmaluigi has had his eye on Mr. Marshal for several days now. After last night's investigation, Shmaluigi has discovered that his suspicion was false. Mr. Marshal is innocent. This information brings us down to our final suspect, Mr. Yoshi.

Now Shmaluigi has to admit, he isn't entirely satisfied with this answer. Mr. Yoshi has been far to eager to vote against who we now know to be mafia members. First, he was the second person to vote for Mr. Trab after Detective Fulbright. Furthermore, after Shmaluigi initially narrowed down the suspects to a list of four that included Mr. Yoshi, he quickly voted for Ms. Skye, only to change his vote to Prosecutor Godot later. Shmaluigi did notice this and felt like Mr. Yoshi jumped the gun a bit, possibly a mafia tactic to cause confusion by voting for the lone innocent - but we know that Ms. Skye was not innocent. And as if this wasn't complicated enough already, Ms. Skye chose to vote for Mr. Yoshi yesterday, rather than Mr. Marshal. Why vote for a fellow mafia over an innocent? An act of remorse? Or perhaps this was all engineered by the mafia from the start to throw us off their trail...

Now, if Mr. Yoshi is not mafia, we come to a bigger problem, and that is that either Mr. Goose or Detective Fulbright are lying about something. If Detective Fulbright is lying, it's an open and shut case, though no one ever stepped forth to challenge his claims, and Shmaluigi personally finds it very hard to believe that he has been mafia this whole time.

If Mr. Goose is lying, that's a bit more complicated. We know for a fact Mr. Duck was innocent, and I trust you all believe that Shmaluigi is innocent by now. This leaves Mr. Goose and Mr. Van Pelt. Either Mr. Goose is mafia and is lying to protect himself and only himself, or Mr. Goose is innocent and is lying for no reason, meaning Mr. Van Pelt is mafia. Again, Shmaluigi finds it very hard to believe that Mr. Goose is mafia, and again, no one has challenged his claim.

With all this said, Shmaluigi still believes the best course of action is to Vote: Cat Glitz Yoshi. Despite his actions, he is still the most logical suspect. If he's mafia, then we've won, if he's not... Well, let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.