Super Mario Boards Mafia 2021: Rogues in Rogueport - Game Thread (END - A New Dawn for Rogueport)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex95

The True Power Master
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Godot
I'm not sure what much more there is to say. I do believe Mr. Goose and Mr. Shamluigi are working together, but... Not in a usual way. Did Mr. Goose claim Shamluigi's innocence for the fun of it? If the Goose is mafia, the other two members wouldn't contest his claim, but then that would mean that someone else has the Ms. Mowz role... Someone who probably wouldn't be paying much attention... I have yet to see BlueBerry, Sven, and Flotzo in the middle of this, so possibly one of them has the actual role?

Aside from theoretical, I don't know what more I can say to convince you of my innocence. All I know is Mr. Shamluigi is not who he says he is. And he is doing a very good job at hiding that.

On the other hand, Prosecutor Godot claims to have withheld his information because he had, according to my citation, "no use for it." That's unusual, but not necessarily untrue. Claiming to be someone so important would make you a target of the mafia, so if you had nothing useful to share, there is reason to wait before sharing it.
To expand more on this point, however, I'll say Mr. Shamluigi has done the same thing. None of the information we collected was made apparent until necessary. I wouldn't say it's unusual, though it would probably be deemed unhelpful to the townspeople. But at the same time, how would they know we'd be telling the truth? All we have to go off of is our word, after all.

So, I had no use to clear the Blooper's name because the Blooper was not a suspect. I had no reason to clear Mr. Duck's name because he was already dead and everyone knew that already. If I would be able to read Mr. Goose's rolecard tonight, I can know for certain whether he's telling to truth or lying. Right now... it reads to me like it's a mix of both.

Rowlf the Dog

Ace Pianist
Alright, now that both detectives have made their claims, it's time to weight them up... on the scales of justice!

Court is now in session for the trial of...

the scales of justice.png

Detective Prosecutor Godot v. Detective "Schmaluigi"

Option A: Schmaluigi is the detective
L64DD and WT innocent
Alex and combo of Pito, Andrew and YtSSM mafia

points for:
innocence corroborated by luigi64dd. as pointed out by pito, the likelyness of
stepped out his neck for flotzo unprovoked, would have no reason to make such a bold claim when he knew suspicion would fall on him
people he claimed to investigate night 1 and night 2 line up with suspicions that he held and have been brought up in thread

points against:
its quite convenient that none of WT's checks line up with the ones L64DD chose to check, but again, its not statistically impossible

If this turns out to be true:
Eliminate Alex, Andrew and then either Pito or YtSSM. This is the path of least resistance and works off of process of elimination

Option B: Godot is the detective
Alex is innocent
WT and l64dd, and probably Flotzo are mafia

points for:
why would he stick his neck out on the line when it's clear that claiming cop would bring us to this situation?

points against:
Claiming cop would be a way to drum up suspicion quickly against WT, since if both WT and L64DD both run their claims unopposed, it's only a matter of time before both he and the other 3 get weeded out immediately
Why would WT throw himself out on a suicide mission completely unprovoked? If he was trying to protect Flotzo as a scumbuddy, why would he put himself on the line when we'd know they're both mafia once the jig is up
Due to the nature of being the second claimant, Alex's claims are harder to back up, and the fact that he spread out his information reveals (i.e. first claimed the cop, and only later shared info on who he checked) reads like he was giving himself more time
the choices seem strange for sure. Skipping the first night seems like too major an oversight, and his choices don't really make sense. Why check Goombuigi when checking L64DD is clearly the much better choice for clearing L64DD's choices? The more likely case is that Alex claims that he checked Goombuigi so that he can A: have an easy excuse for useless information and B: leave doubt as to whether or not Luigi 64DD is actually innocent, because if he had actually checked L64DD he would have either:
-found out L64DD is innocent, meaning his claims about Schmaluigi being innocent is true
-"found out" he was mafia, at which point the question arises as to why he didnt share it at the start of the day
A competent cop would have investigated Luigi 64DD directly to verify his claims, and you can only hide behind the mask of "This is my first game" for so long before your arguments start falling apart.

If this turns out to be true:
Eliminate Waluigi Time and Luigi 64DD, and probably Power Flotzo as well. This will spread thin our active contributors, so those who havent been doing as much, like Linus and Blitz, will likely need to step up to the plate and see things through should the rest of us get picked off by the mafia
So, after looking over the above points, where does the scale of justice fall?
the scales of judgement.png

Why, it seems that the answer is clear. Based on the evidence, it's quite likely that Detective Prosecutor Godot is, in fact, not a detective at all! Now, this isn't a completely certain assessment yet, of course, but frankly, it never will be until one of these two is buried 6 feet under. As far as things go, there's a lot more reasons to believe Schaluigi over Prosecutor Godot. There's merit in having more discussion, and if you'd like to add any points onto the above lists in any category, I welcome your thoughts and opinions. I intend to come back a bit later on and offer some thoughts about how the next few days will need to go, depending on today's results, but for now I'll unvote: Flotzo and Vote: Alex.
I hope you're ready to face the calls of justice!

Alex95

The True Power Master
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff

"Shmaluigi"
Well well well Prosecutor, looks like you've made a fatal slip of the tongue. If you supposedly investigated Mr. Blooper, you should know exactly what his role is... So why conjecture on him potentially having the powers of Ms. Mowz?
Godot
(Because I forgot they were the same person lol I was just naming whatever names were left :P)

Obviously, Blooper is innocent, so why does that matter?

Skipping the first night seems like too major an oversight, and his choices don't really make sense. Why check Goombuigi when checking L64DD is clearly the much better choice for clearing L64DD's choices?
(I apparently cannot quote these text boxes directly, weird.)

Godot
I suppose I should expand more on why I skipped the first night.

My line of thinking was "Well, the game hasn't even started yet, so who do we have to suspect?" I have not figured out the flow of the game yet, so I waited for things to play out to get a better understanding. And then Night 2 comes along, and I'm like "Well, I should probably use this thing."

As for why I picked Goombuigi over Luigi 64DD, well... I'm not sure, to be honest. Thinking "If Goombuigi is innocent, then the other guesses could be too, right?" Call it a lapse in judgement. Which I'm sure you've seen a lot of in this game. I'm a new player, man.

Godot
It appears the votes are all stacked against me, and I can do nothing about it anymore, so ggs all no re

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Alright, this was... an interesting turn of events. Looks like we can't even trust those so-called investigators anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Current vote tally:
Option
Number of votes
Alex955 (Hooded Pitohui, Reverse Input, Yoshi the SSM, Waluigi Time, Luigi 64DD)
Andrew1 (BlueBerryBlue)
Hooded Pitohui1 (Power Flotzo)
Waluigi Time1 (Alex95)
Not yet voted@Cat Rosalina, @Вlitz, @Linus van Pelt

Linus van Pelt

Shadow Prince
I’m also going to Vote: Alex95, saying “I’m a new player” and “I’m not sure” as your excuses indicates that you’re running out of breath of ideas to defend yourself.

Alex95

The True Power Master
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Godot
Well, I suppose that gives me enough time to say it has been an honor to be a part of this. Despite my attempts to protect the town, it seems I was unable to protect myself. Obviously, I think you're making the wrong choice, but nonetheless, it was a joy working with you all.

Godot
Give those mafia members the boot for me, eh?

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Day 3 is now over!

All votes are now locked. An update will come very soon, please be patient while I sort things out.

Vote Tally:
Option
Number of votes
Alex957 (Hooded Pitohui, Reverse Input, Andrew, Yoshi the SSM, Waluigi Time, Linus Van Pelt, Luigi 64DD)
Andrew1 (BlueBerryBlue)
Hooded Pitohui1 (Power Flotzo)
Waluigi Time1 (Alex95)
No voteBlitz

Last edited:

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
It was a chaotic day in Rogueport. The citizens were bickering about who was doing much more worthwhile discoveries against the Mafia. Overall, the citizens had a hard time selecting someone who should be lynched.

During this time, Zess T. thought that she had things to do that were much more important than these stupid bickering. She had heard a rumor that there was a recipe book for making three-ingredient dishes, so she wanted to ask for help at the Trouble Center.

However, last night’s fire destroyed the Trouble Center, so she had to go back all the way back to Podley’s Place. Although, she refused to set foot inside that bar again after a particular incident involving Toadsworth a while ago. Because of that, she decided to go looking for it on our own. Alas, her streak of bad luck continued. The local authorities sealed the Pipe system, so there was no way for her to to access Rogueport Sewers. That’s not all. While trying to get into the Warp Pipe, she lost her precious Contact Lens.

Enough is enough! Zess T. who is grumpy by nature, was incredibly pissed now. She went to Toad Bros. Bazaar to order a new Contact Lens. Thriff T., who was still mourning for his brother, quickly noticed that he could not refuse Zess T.’s request. While he was preparing Zess T.’s order, a loud noise was heard. It looks like it came from Zess T.’s house who was just next from Toad Bros. Bazaar. Zess T. went back to her house to look at what was going on.

Zess T. was in shock. Her kitchen was in terrible shape and her stove exploded. In the smoke, which greatly reduced visibility in her house, she saw a strange shadow. She went closer to the shadow, with a pan in hand, wondering what it was. Once close, she noticed that it was actually a strange masked individual, who had tried to construct a bomb in her kitchen, but his experiment did not gone as planned.

Now Zess T. was mad, like very mad! She was already frustrated that she could not go in search of her recipe book, but now that her kitchen was a mess, it was far too much to handle. Zess T. decided that she was going to lynch the masked individual personally. The local authorities did not dare to dissuade her. She was excessively angry, and nobody wanted to be the victim of her anger. Next time, please don’t make a mess in Zess T.’s kitchen, all right?

Alex95 was lynched. He was…

Dear Rogueport citizens, it is now Night 3. Have a good night!

This phase will last 48 hours. Those with active abilities during night phases, please send me a PM of your night actions.
You have until

Waluigi Time

Punch-Out!!
Wiki Patroller

"Shmaluigi"
Shmaluigi's Log: Night 3 of investigation
Heh heh heh, looks like cooler heads prevailed today.
After Shmaluigi revealed his information to protect Mr. Flotzo, Prosecutor Godot came forward with the bogus claim that he was the real cop! He practically handed himself to Shmaluigi on a silver platter there. Shmaluigi actually respected the Prosecutor too, too bad he turned out to be mafia this whole time. Just goes to show you can't trust anybody in situations like this.

Still, though... Shmaluigi can't help but admire the guy a little bit. Shmaluigi is no stranger to the art of being sneaky, and that was quite an impressive final gambit. It's almost a shame it didn't work out for him, but of course to be expected when you try to cross wits with a great detective like Shmaluigi!

Hopefully the identities of the remaining two mafia members will be revealed swiftly and we can get rid of them without any more innocent bloodshed. There are only three suspects left, after all. Shmaluigi's going to have to watch his back tonight... But the same could be said for the mafia.

Charlie Brown

y is loogi sadd?? plese halp himn
Poll Committee
: Honk hoooonk honk hjonk hombk........... (And so it comes to pass even as I said. The prosecutor was our enemy all along. Yet, nary a moment passed where doubt did not consume me in spite of my knowledge of Detective Shmaluigi's innocence, so persuasive was the way in which the prosecutor presented himself. Even as I am repulsed by his villainous nature, I cannot venture to prevent myself from harboring a certain respect for the skillfulness of his countenance even unto death. Still, this respect merely strengthens my resolve to eliminate his cohort, as we cannot let this convincing conniving be our end.)

Honk Honk h-h-h-honk honk~! (Now, with the death of the prosecutor, the claims of myself and Detective Shmaluigi are confirmed. The number of those who could be mafia still are Miss Skye, the squirrel, and the dinosaur. Two are scoundrels and one is pure, and we are obliged to find out who is who.)

Honk honk honk 𝓗𝓞𝓝𝓚. (Thus, I call upon Detective Shmaluigi to investigate one of their number tonight. However, we know the villains will likely attempt to murder the detective tonight. Therefore, I additionally call upon the sole one among us with the power to protect to protect Detective Shmaluigi tonight. I know not who you are, but it is of the utmost importance that you do this, so please lend your ear to my entreaty.)

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
RftA_Ema_Skye_Happy_1.gif
Ema Skye
We've eliminated another member of the mafia through our investigations! And we've narrowed down our suspects to three, four if you count Detective Fulbright as a suspect still. Today has been productive!

RftA_Ema_Skye_Sad_1.gif
Ema Skye
But I can't pretend that it's all been good news. Prosecutor Godot seemed like he was a staunch ally to all of us, and he was enjoyable to have around... even if he reeked of caffeine. Furthermore, there are so few suspects left, and I have no methods available which would allow me to decisively clear myself. Should the mafia be strategic about their killings and role in our investigation, they could... they could...

RftA_Ema_Skye_Confident_1.gif
Ema Skye
No, no, I can't allow those possibilities to dismay me yet. After all, we have Mr. Shmaluigi here to help us. As long as he's here, our victory over the mafia is as close to certain as you can get without writing out 99.9% with a repeating decimal. Scientific investigation and our work together has let us come this far. It will expose the mafia in the next few days!

Rowlf the Dog

Ace Pianist
Ah, looks like my suspicions the past two days were right. I told you that I didn't feel certain Prosecutor Godot was really innocent, and my detective's intuition hasn't led me astray thus far. A prosecutor murdering people... Why, if I didn't know better, I'd say that'd be a reason to cast our legal system into some kind of "dark age of the law'! Ha ha ha! Oh... how hilarious.

It seems we have a relatively straight path forward now. Two mafia and three suspects... justice will be dispatched in no time!

Glitz Yoshi

I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
Cat Glitz Yoshi (Blue).png
: "So, it looks like Godot got a kitchen incident after he was proven that he was mafia. I wonder if he had any kitchen incidents before. Anyways. Two mafians down, two to go. But it doesn't look hard to find the two. So it will kind of look boring. I hope that it isn't so boring that the other innocents slack off, so to speak."

Sven Svennson.

Time to shine, baby!
Banned User
ogKRgLa.png
Godot getting into a kitchen incident might have ulterior motives, so I suggest we keep an eye out for that. Other than that though, there shouldn't be much to worry about.

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
After lynching another member of the Mafia. The citizens of Rogueport could finally feel a sense of relief that the number of rogues were declining. There were only two left, who still sneaked among the inhabitants of Rogueport, but, the citizens had many leads which enabled them to identify those rogues very soon, if all went well.

Alas, the night was approaching, and they all knew well, probably too well, what that meant. The Mafia would certainly take the opportunity to plan an attack on the town. They got rid of Toadette, and they even destroyed the Trouble Center. What was going to happen next? The citizens could do nothing but wait and panic.

Upon awakening at the dawn of a new day, the citizens of Rogueport had the astonishing surprise that nothing happened during nighttime. No terrible incident or horrific explosion occurred. Although, there was a rumor that Ishnail was caught in a fight in the eastern district, but nothing is confirmed yet. The citizens then took this precious opportunity to try to unmask the culprits. After all, luck was on their side this time.

Could Rogueport still be saved?

No body was found. Everyone is alive!

Dear Rogueport citizens, it is now Day 4. Time to lynch someone!

This phase will last 48 hours. It is time to discuss with your fellow alive players and vote to eliminate someone, which seems the most suspicious. You may vote for no lynch as well.
You have until

Last edited:

Waluigi Time

Punch-Out!!
Wiki Patroller

"Shmaluigi"
Wonderful, looks like we're all still here. Shmaluigi isn't going to spend too much time dwelling on the lack of a kill last night, that's not what you want to hear and Shmaluigi has more important things to talk about.

Last night, Shmaluigi's investigations turned up conclusive evidence on the identity of one of the mafia members still among us. Someone who seemed to be an ally this whole time. Shmaluigi is disappointed to say this, but... Ladies and gentlemen, the identity of this mafia member is none other than... MS. EMA SKYE!

Shmaluigi doesn't really have much more to say besides "you're lousy". Vote: Pitohui.

Sven Svennson.

Time to shine, baby!
Banned User

"Shmaluigi"
Wonderful, looks like we're all still here. Shmaluigi isn't going to spend too much time dwelling on the lack of a kill last night, that's not what you want to hear and Shmaluigi has more important things to talk about.

Last night, Shmaluigi's investigations turned up conclusive evidence on the identity of one of the mafia members still among us. Someone who seemed to be an ally this whole time. Shmaluigi is disappointed to say this, but... Ladies and gentlemen, the identity of this mafia member is none other than... MS. EMA SKYE!

Shmaluigi doesn't really have much more to say besides "you're lousy". Vote: Pitohui.
ogKRgLa.png
Oh crud! You definitely have a point, which is very worrying!
For now though, I'll need more evidence before I vote.

Sven Svennson.

Time to shine, baby!
Banned User

"Shmaluigi"
Shmaluigi doesn't make these accusations lightly, Mr. Blooper. Has Shmaluigi's previous debate with Prosecutor Godot not proven his trustworthiness?
I actually wasn't there when that happened. Could you explain lightly?

Waluigi Time

Punch-Out!!
Wiki Patroller
I actually wasn't there when that happened. Could you explain lightly?
(I role claimed as cop and confirmed the innocence of several players, Alex countered by claiming he was the cop instead but was voted off and revealed as mafia. You should read it, it was really interesting to watch unfold)

Status
Not open for further replies.